• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I have a goal for the future. My goal is to MM every Poocas main and defeat them. I will then use the money I win from Poocas mains to fund my travels to more tournaments to defeat more Poocas mains in MMs.

Not even Brinstar can save you Poocas mains! Mwahahahahahaha! ;3

KoozyK

Smash Ace
wow i didnt say how, but yea tokaio. u gotta wait till the magnets frames are done before you wave Zap tho or else you'll straight to ur death.
didnt work on FD tho

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
He's also low on the tier list because he's garbage. He should be even lower imo. ;3
i dont really see how he is THAT bad, he has decent projectiles, an up smash with insane knockback, edge guarding with d smash, meteor smash with bair, his fair isnt bad either, great recovery, his back throw has one of the highest knockbacks of any throw in the game,his f smahs is pretty quick and a good kill move. the list goes on

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
His projectile game isn't that good at all, usmash is too slow and situational, bair is only decent offstage and only if you master bair spiking, fair's range is alright but characters with better aerials (DK, Marth, Ness, MK, DDD, Kirby) shut it down, his recovery is predictable and not as great as Poocas mains hype it to be, I think you're confusing Poocas' bthrow with Ness' since his only kills with poor DI or at 170%+, fsmash is alright, etc.

If you want me to I can go into detail how Poocas isn't as good as you're hyping him, but the above is just a basic summary.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
I guess its good my friends only use TL, fox and lucario, i guess i prefer Lucas over someone like dedede is because my friend b***h when i chain grab and quit the match, they need to learn the awesomeness that is chaingrabs. so lucas is the next best thing.

my friend is pretty easy to punish with edge guarding so i guess lucas just works for me :)

MTGod

Smash Champion
Sydney bro? Aussie boards GO! --->Click Me<---

No seriously - Sydney is in desperate need of some Lucas rep. Stoopid high ranking Marth main messin with the natural order.

In other news, hello again Lucas boards! You'll be pleased to know that me and a Pit/Marth main almost trounced a double MK team in a doubles GF :p I ****ed up though :( Mah bad.

Final Game

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
i dont really see how he is THAT bad, he has decent projectiles, an up smash with insane knockback, edge guarding with d smash, meteor smash with bair, his fair isnt bad either, great recovery, his back throw has one of the highest knockbacks of any throw in the game,his f smahs is pretty quick and a good kill move. the list goes on
No character in the game is THAT bad, really.

A few things that really aren't that true.
-Great recovery... not so much. It covers a good distance, but its super telegraphed (unless they don't know about Zap Jump) no matter how you do it and really easy to counter via smart edge play.
-Bthrow doesn't kill till like... 170 due to its trajectory. Ness's you could make this argument with, because with bad DI that can kill sub 100 on some characters.
-Up smash is laggy. As balls. You technically SHOULDNT be hitting with it, it's just a lot of people get wrecked by it because they're not really used to Lucas or they got seriously mindgamed into it.
-Down smash isn't the greatest for edgeguarding, you're better off with whipping your PKT around so even when the invulnerability frames are up, there's still at least one part of it in the other's hurtbox.

He has many good qualities as well, but I wouldn't call him a great character, just incredibly fun. Personally, I think he's better than Ness due to his mobility and sheer potential for mindgame kills (Unlike Dajayman's Ness DURR BAIRBAIRBAIRBAIRBAIRBAIRBAIRBAIR :D, <3 Jared), but I'd only put him in the lower section of mid tier because of some ****ty matchups in various places on the list. **** that low tier noise, he's not nearly as bad as Zelda.

I wrote this last night but totally didn't post it, so if anyone else already responded, ****s.

*edit* Haha, beaten to it by the same dude I put on blast, I love how we used the same percents on bthrow.

Top Bottom