• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' Video Thread

lil cj

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEys1X4qOhw

The lucas fights are mine, can I get some feedback please?
Pretty good spacing with fair. Its good to try to edgeguard and gimp your opponent, which I noticed you tried to bair spike, but also attack your opponent with PKT 1 while their offtstage for some extra damage and dair/fair works too for gimps.
Dont be afraid to be offstage, Lucas has a pretty good offstage game.
I think you should space with SH pk fires more and jab more too.
Also, you had opportunities to do a dtilt lock KO but didnt take advantage of the opporunity. At about 75-80% after a dair, if your opponent doesnt tech when they hit the ground you can dtilt lock then finish the job with a side smash or even a up smash...its a guaranteed KO. Also, learn to use Lucas' other recovery options (Zap Jump, Magnet Pull, Rope Snake) to surprise your opponent. PKT2 can leave you vulnerable sometimes. Just some helpful tips most Lucas players know. Hope this helps:)

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Mekos-Just wanted to say thanks for the doubles vids, and the how to fight marth vid! They were awesome! I am just starting to pick up Lucas, and loved watching all your videos! I will update with some of mine soon!

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
your punishes were super legit but that D3 just walked into all of it, not really feeling like the D3 knew what he was doing.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff mostly. I noticed in the first match you weren't ff your full hop aerials. It's really important to do so because of how floaty Lucas is. You also made some questionable option choices when at mid range against shiek. I don't think you need to pkt so much. Also watchout for platforms when upB'ing. It sucked when you zair'd but forgot pull up and ate a stock for it. But that **** gets punished. And the infinite with Marth won him that match... pretty gay.

PSI Nexus

Smash Cadet
Um...Hi,im a Lucas main from Argentina and im know mostly as Duck, I go to tourneys but lately i feel like im playing worse everytime,here is a match against a friend at a "Brawl Night" that took place at Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ZhC4Vqq50

Yes,I know it's bad,any hint or tip?
It's not bad. But you do a lot of things that seem odd. Too much down smashes, dash attacking, and grounded Pk Fire. Use F-Tilt and Jab more often and Magnet for stalling. You seem to delay a lot of your moves.

D

Deleted member 189823

He did relatively well. I could've been killed alot earlier than 200%, though. :trollface:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Can I get my Lucas critiqued on this thread?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh, am I meant to do my video profile here?

Luco

Luco (:lucas:) vs. Invisi (:pit:) (1/2) (old-ish) (loss)
Luco (:lucas:) vs. Invisi (:pit:) (2/2) (old-ish) (loss)
Brawl random friendlies (the only vids of my brother) (mixed)
Luco (:lucas:, :ness2:) vs. Invisi (:pit:) (newer) (loss)
Luco (:lucas:, :ness2:) vs. Dre (:bowser2:) (newer) (win)

Invisi I consider as somewhat of a rival. I won against him in my first tournament but have lost every time we have clashed since. We enjoy our matches every time though. Can't wait to win again so our matches have more flare. :D

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well Luco,I think you should roll less and use Utilt a little more.

But not bad Lucas.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh yeah i've dropped a lot of those rolling habits. Utilt... I tend to try a Utilt chain when my opponents are at low percent, otherwise I use Ftilt and Dtilt more.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Those are ones i've already put up on the main Lucas thread. didn't you see them already, J?

I can't wait to show you how much i've changed since then. :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I didn't see them yet. Now I am watching them. And definitely upload some videos!

I need to get some of my own up soon....^^"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Double post for critique seperation purposes.

[collapse=Luco's Vids]Game 1 :pit: :

Smashville

Roll less because you were beginning to be predictible and the Pit could have gotten more on you.
Nice kill on the Pit first stock, but play more defensely. I don't get why you were apporaching at that high of a percentage.
Dooooon't Dash grab, ever, it's terrible. Pivot Grab all the way.
Missed the Dtilt lock, sadness. ;_;
ROLLING! NEEDS TO STOP!!! It's the thing that made you lose that match and you honestly could have won that game.

Game 2 :pit: :

Final Destination

Why did you CP FD? Odd place to go to for this MU because it's better for Pit.
You need to be more careful with PKT2'ing randomly. It hurts more than helps.
You were getting predictible with your landings on your first stock which led him to being able to kill you better.
Using PKT1 onstage against Pit is baaad and it bad usually.
This match you lost your cool a tad and he was able to read you better.
Don't Dtilt so close to his sheild. He was able to punish really easily.

More Nair in these matches was needed and could have helped you a bit more.

Game 3 :pit: :

Final Destination

Camping pit had you. Just keep PSIM out and make him approach you.
Your approaches need some mix-ups in them, sometimes you would do the same thing reptitively and it would cost you a bit of damage.
SHUair should be used a tad more. In fact, aerials in general should have been used more. You seem more ground based. Try the air sometime.
Aaaaack! Quit going offstage versus Pit. It is scary there and where he can win the MU.
Rolling is your biggest enemy haha.
You have some nice spacing on some of your moves.
You can beat this Pit, Luco! All you need is a bit more refinement. This pit is goetting a lot of things he really shouldn't be getting.

Game 4 :bowser2: :

*Side note during the Ness match, lol nice gimp and nice JV2 stock*

*Side note again, the second match was back and forth xD He ***** you, then you **** him. That was amusing and fun to watch*

NEVER, ever roll INTO Bowser, holy cow that could have been really bad.
NICE PKT1 Kill!
You had some good uses of PKT1 chasing in this game.
I wish you used aerials a little more though. :<
SD? xD[/collapse]

Can I get my Lucas critiqued on this thread?
Yes, you can. Do you have any Videos?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well,the only video that I have now is a terrible one from 6296720620 years ago and I was a horrible player and my Lucas was terrible in that video,it's too old.

If you want I can post it here,but it's useless because I don't play like this anymore.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
That video is a shame,I'll wait for october after my next tournament to post some new videos.

:p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah, I've stopped my rolling habits, i'm using PK fire and Nair a lot more and i'm mixing up my approaches a lot more. Consider the fact that since that first game I learnt how to Dtilt lock and other finesse points of Lucas and I think I have a shot at beating invisi next time. I've still got problems approaching pit but it's getting better.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZBE94Zjfk&feature=plcp
Here are matches of me playing my friend and I just picked up Lucas so tell me everything I did wrong and things that need to stop. (Has no sound either)
3:35 is the best part of the video.
Hard to say, play Mozart at the next monthly and then it'd probably be more clear in a video what needed to stop, he's very good at the Lucas vs Wolf MU

Top Bottom