• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' MU Thread - Discussing: Sonic

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas' ground release distance is further, so Lucas slides too far. :awesome:

Still, I have no idea how this MU goes. @_@

Chuee

Smash Hero

Incorrect, sir.

Sonic, for some reason, can grab release chaingrab Ness, but CANNOT grab release chaingrab Lucas.
All Sonic gets from grab release is a free ftilt or dash attack.

Don't know why it doesn't work. It just doesn't.
Lucas breaks out slightly further :)
EDIT: Ninjad

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's pretty much an even match up. In a nutshell, Lucas has the better close quarters game, his attacks generally come out faster, and a very fast KO move (in comparison) in his fsmash, but Sonic has the agility to weave in and out of his range to punish his moves, dominates Lucas in the air as long as he's not directly above him, makes his PK fire camp useless, and can edgeguard him harder than the opposite.

They'll both have difficulty KOing each other, but Sonic should, on the whole, be KOing Lucas earlier because of his weight and lack of a safe recovery (in comparison to Sonic, I mean), but Lucas is really good at keeping Sonic boxed out with tilts and nair (on a grounded Sonic, of course).

It's really just a mixed bag.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
It's pretty much an even match up. In a nutshell, Lucas has the better close quarters game, his attacks generally come out faster, and a very fast KO move (in comparison) in his fsmash, but Sonic has the agility to weave in and out of his range to punish his moves, dominates Lucas in the air as long as he's not directly above him, makes his PK fire camp useless, and can edgeguard him harder than the opposite.

They'll both have difficulty KOing each other, but Sonic should, on the whole, be KOing Lucas earlier because of his weight and lack of a safe recovery (in comparison to Sonic, I mean), but Lucas is really good at keeping Sonic boxed out with tilts and nair (on a grounded Sonic, of course).

Well said. I agree completely. So to end this stick to my strat yall. I'm tellin ya! ;)
Warning! Don't lose the first stock!

heytallman

CTALL
I played Espy last month. Holy ****. I could not kill him. He literally lived to 200%, and died when I threw out a random upsmash.

Then again, Espy is just too good. I beat some other Sonic player 2-0. Spin Dash is a lot more annoying than I assumed it would be.

KoozyK

Smash Ace

Incorrect, sir.

Sonic, for some reason, can grab release chaingrab Ness, but CANNOT grab release chaingrab Lucas.
All Sonic gets from grab release is a free ftilt or dash attack.

Don't know why it doesn't work. It just doesn't.
welllllll, i stand crrected.
i will reevaluate my MU reply for that one...

feelling uber dumb right now lol :glare:

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
after watching espy vs shaky, and knowing the same thing can be done to us with the ******** grab release.

i have to say spacing is a serious thing here. we can out space and mind game the crap out of him.

like Mekos said said, caping is probably the best option, and its recomended to space by the edge so u cant get GR to death. *shiza moms calling me to eat ill put the rest of my input up later.

ps PF wat is ur avatar??
Rogue from Powerstone :O
I only said that bc of how good kai did when he came out of retirement at the tourney down there like last week. I really don't have an opinion on who's better, honestly.
haha, you meant as a player I guess. I only said I disagree, because Speed only goes Sonic, while Kai uses diddy. they're both really talented players, though.

That's the entire match up. :)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I think BF is really good. The platforms mess up his aerial game. Second is sv in my opinion cuz it's small. I don't like giving him alot of room to run around. He's fast! Another one I like is ps1. Cause the edge can sometimes mess up there recovery. Also, there is obstacles that mess up his air game during the different stage arenas.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
YO WTH HAPPENED TO OUR THREAD ABOUT DISCUSSING OUR PARTNERS?

anyways yall I have found a really good partnership...Wario! wario and lucas's attacks combo off of each other really well. Also Wario's down throw to lucas down air, down smash, or upsmash is so ****.

I just love the follow ups. So much that it is second to my follow ups with ness. Like he is my second favorite character to team with right now! :)

discuss...

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
wow that Wario Dthrow is crazy :)
Anyway my favorite team is Lucario since you can recover a lot with the shadow ball and dont forget he keeps becoming stronger :p. Mr. game is good too. They can help each other while recovering :3 Haha :p
PD:
(This is the MU thread >.>)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
YO WTH HAPPENED TO OUR THREAD ABOUT DISCUSSING OUR PARTNERS?

anyways yall I have found a really good partnership...Wario! wario and lucas's attacks combo off of each other really well. Also Wario's down throw to lucas down air, down smash, or upsmash is so ****.

I just love the follow ups. So much that it is second to my follow ups with ness. Like he is my second favorite character to team with right now! :)

discuss...
Team is good.

I've done it before. once the chemistry gets rolling it's scary.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I personally think that lucas+ness would simply be an amazing combo. My brother and i often fight as them, now we should try team battling with them. We are also training on cruel version of multi man brawl, trying to get better(although training with CPUs.....)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Luca...welcome to my world! :) Me and fow team. Fow is the best ness in the world. We dominate AIb ladders. And are teaming for genesis 2 in California. I truly believe we are the best team in the US no lie. I say that cuz I have played pros in dubs and do really well cuz of my awareness in dubs. I carry the team and still do well even with a teamate who doesn't have good teamwork :/. Just watch my mlg vids. So i just know playing with Fow we will dominate at Genesis 2. I can't wait! :)

Check these out pal
Mekos(lucas) and Fow(Ness) - The DLK Chronicals 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM2kBzPempA

Acantha/RaffiX vs FOW/Mekos 6 stock!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3-JIlwideU

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
YO bad news yall. I've been playing ADHD lately and I've seen alot of gay things that diddy can do to us lol.

U know how Mk can chain grab us across the map on sv? Well Diddy can do that on any map!! :(
Just found that out.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
lol, he's been doing that to me for a year now.

Alot of characters can do it, people just don't know how to/suck at buffering dash grab/boost grab from GR.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol, he's been doing that to me for a year now.

Alot of characters can do it, people just don't know how to/suck at buffering dash grab/boost grab from GR.
lol PF that sucks! kinda is wack that we have 40 frames of grab release :(

um rpsi I don't know man. It needs to be tested. SV(and maybe BF) is the only stage the mk seem to be able to do it consistently on me with. But hey yer the data man u may know.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
The only reason it would change is if they mess up their timing.

Pikachu, peach, bowser, charizard, and maybe squirtle are other characters that come to mind that can GR CG us across the stage. Such is the life of a Lucas main.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
okay since no one seems to be giving anymore input on this can we go ahead and move on to mario?
i feel like it would give the boards a bit of life for a few days

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Kadaj Ness is pretty good. Disappoint that you can't beat it though. I was like 2-stocking him during a low-tiers LFs and I was like, "oh noes, I gotta let this Ness beat me for Yink!" The set ended up being like 2-3, lol. Freaking allowing Luigi in low tiers.

Top Bottom