• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just knew you would be the next to post, raining on everyone's parade with Mime Jr. At least you're not as bad as Sandman or that Eevee guy.
>_>; Don't compare me to them... Lol... I hope sandman and the eevee guy don't become the poster children for people who are against lucario

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
>_>; Don't compare me to them... Lol... I hope sandman and the eevee guy don't become the poster children for people who are against lucario
Agreed. I noticed though that your argument against them though, aside from your dislike of his appearance, your belief that he's bad in the pokemon metagame. Clearly that has no bearing in Smash, otherwise Mewtwo would be top tier, & Jiggly would blow chunks. That also would make Garchomp, Weavile, Alakazam, T-Tar, Salamence top PC candidates.

Agreed. I noticed though that your argument against them though, aside from your dislike of his appearance, your belief that he's bad in the pokemon metagame. Clearly that has no bearing in Smash, otherwise Mewtwo would be top tier, & Jiggly would blow chunks.
That's not part of my argument against him... Its just that some people were saying that "He is a good canidate for brawl AND he's good in the pokemon game" i had to set them straight! ... >_>;

But he IS rather good in the metagame.
Am I going to have to go into another argument about how he sucks again? >_>; *sighs*

He isn't rather good in the metagame... He sucks... He's slow... He has bad defensive stats... And he's weak to the most common attacking type

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Lucario as a pokemon kinda blows. You are better of with weavile.
I may or may not be inclined to agree with you if I knew what you meant by "as a pokemon." <_<

Lucario just has to come on something he resists, and predict what switches and dents it hard with whatever. Also by your logic Tyranitar sucks as well since he's weak to even MORE common attack types.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
EVERY Pokemon is good if played correctly. If I max metapods defense and hp then he can probably survive an earthquake from dugtrio and then use String Shot to lower his most important stat.

Too many people suggest Lucario for brawl... >_>;
Well of course. Dugtrio's base attack is only 80, & dies really quckly, not to mention Metapod is resistant.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I may or may not be inclined to agree with you if I knew what you meant by "as a pokemon." <_<

Lucario just has to come on something he resists, and predict what switches and dents it hard with whatever. Also by your logic Tyranitar sucks as well since he's weak to even MORE common attack types.
by my logic? what the hell i didn't even mention weakness or anythin i just said that he kinda blows. there are better pokemons to run.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
EVERY Pokemon is good if played correctly. If I max metapods defense and hp then he can probably survive an earthquake from dugtrio and then use String Shot to lower his most important stat.

Too many people suggest Lucario for brawl... >_>;
Defender HP: 304
Move Damage: 92 - 108
Damage: 30.26% - 35.53%

CB Dugtrio Neutral Nature 252 Atk EVs vs. + Nature 252 HP/Def EVs. Just did it to amuse myself.

But what is Metapod doing to Dugtrio after String Shot, hm?

SenorPresidente, I wasn't referring to your post there, I meant Megadio's.

Well of course. Dugtrio's base attack is only 80, & dies really quckly, not to mention Metapod is resistant.
Dugtrio always has a choice band is a big metagame threat... He's an excellent revenge killer... And that's the whole point cause Metapod could be a good dugtrio ruiner...

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Dugtrio always has a choice band is a big metagame threat... He's an excellent revenge killer... And that's the whole point cause Metapod could be a good dugtrio ruiner...
True, but outside that, he's pretty risky. Btw, Arena Trap is sooooo cheap.

Tyranitar has EXCELLENT defense stats and gets sp defense boost because of his ability... Lucario has horrible defenses... I even said that in my post... It seems you only read what you wanted to read...

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Tyranitar has EXCELLENT defense stats and gets sp defense boost because of his ability... Lucario has horrible defenses... I even said that in my post... It seems you only read what you wanted to read...
Lucario can still OHKO T-tar with Close Combat, Aura Sphere (maybe), or Focus Blast. Also, there are better defenders.

Lupo Aro said:
But what is Metapod doing to Dugtrio after String Shot, hm?
I still need an explanation.
>_>; please be patient its hard to debate with several people at once... Metapod will valiantly sacrifice himself for the sake of making dugtrio slow...

OFF TOPIC: >_>; The one time Mime Jr. is being aknowledged is when he is about to get eaten by Ridley... (your sig)

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
>_>; please be patient its hard to debate with several people at once... Metapod will valiantly sacrifice himself for the sake of making dugtrio slow...
Yeah, but realistically there are others that can fufill that role much better, & without dying, or just send in an Exploder.

Yeah, but realistically there are others that can fufill that role much better, & without dying, or just send in an Exploder.
You can't send in anything against dugtrio cause it has arena trap... Besides... Do you seriously believe that i am serious about adding metapod onto a team just for that sole purpose? >_>;

I'm just saying that if you word it like "x is good if played correctly" then all pokemon are good... Which isn't true

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
You can't send in anything against dugtrio cause it has arena trap... Besides... Do you seriously believe that i am serious about adding metapod onto a team just for that sole purpose? >_>;

I'm just saying that if you word it like "x is good if played correctly" then all pokemon are good... Which isn't true
Sorry about that:psycho: dull moment. Anyway, that is true that some pokes inherently suck, but that's usually in extreme cases, such as Farfetch'd. Lucario is definitely not one of them. Also flyers, levitators, & those using Magnet Rise can escape, although that's a bad comparison.

Top Bottom