• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

Cenedar

Smash Ace
i hate pichu
Join the club, we have jackets.

I really hope Lucario gets in... I haven't posted in this thread in forever. It was discussed earlier that it would be unreasonable for the Pokemon franchise to have 5 reps (counting the PT as one in my book.

Why would that be unreasonable? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's highest grossing franchises, and it's not like it would be the ONLY franchise with that kind of representation.

Mario franchise (as of Melee):
-Mario
-Bowser
-Luigi
-Peach
-Dr. Mario

My ideal Pokemon lineup at this point would be:
-PT
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-Mewtwo
-(if they absolutely HAVE TO) Jigglypuff

There, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Lucraio FTW

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I support Lucario for Brawl! 8D

Though, personally, I liked Pichu for embarrassing other people. What's worse than getting beaten by the hand's-down worst character in the game?

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Lucario would be great for Brawl. It plays a pretty large role in the anime, having a movie about it (if you say the anime has nothing to do with the characters in Smash Bros - Look at Pikachu. Total rubbish ingame.), and is also a decent Pokemon in D/P.

Lucario for Brawl! (Better than Pichu)

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Lucraio FTW
I couldn't have said it any better myself. LUCARIO FOR BRAWL! I'm so fed up with the Lucario haters and their arrogance, that I probably won't even bother buying this game if Lucario isn't in it. Lucario floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missle. At mach 3. In the face.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I couldn't have said it any better myself. LUCARIO FOR BRAWL! I'm so fed up with the Lucario haters and their arrogance, that I probably won't even bother buying this game if Lucario isn't in it. Lucario floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missle. At mach 3. In the face.
:) Glad to hear it.

EDIT:

People! Get over here and help save Lucario!

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Why do so many people hate the Yankees? They're the best.

Why do so many people hate the Michigan Wolverines? They're the best.

Why do so many people hate the New England Patriots? They're the best.

Why do so many people hate the Detroit Red Wings? They're the best.

Why do so many people hate Lucario? Take a guess!

REPRESENT!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I love Lucario. I think he is a great Pokemon and would make a great addition in Brawl. Here's my take on a Lucario moveset:

B: Aure Sphere. Chargeable Projectile that is launched like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

Side B: Close Combat. Lucario leaps forward. If he comes in contact with an enemy, he punches and kicks them repeatedly. Like C. Falcon's Side B.

Up B: Aura Uppercut. Sky Uppercut that sets opponents on blue fire.

Down B: Dark Pulse. Disrupts enemy movement.

Final Smash: Aura Omega
Creates an Aure Sphere as big as the stage and leaps offscreen. He then slams down and the Aura thingy explodes.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
I love Lucario. I think he is a great Pokemon and would make a great addition in Brawl. Here's my take on a Lucario moveset:

B: Aure Sphere. Chargeable Projectile that is launched like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

Side B: Close Combat. Lucario leaps forward. If he comes in contact with an enemy, he punches and kicks them repeatedly. Like C. Falcon's Side B.

Up B: Aura Uppercut. Sky Uppercut that sets opponents on blue fire.

Down B: Dark Pulse. Disrupts enemy movement.

Final Smash: Aura Omega
Creates an Aure Sphere as big as the stage and leaps offscreen. He then slams down and the Aura thingy explodes.
I like it, but I think Xtremespeed should replace Aura Uppercut, since it's a Pokemon move. Some characters have up+B moves that project them upwards, and Lucario could be one of them.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I like it, but I think Xtremespeed should replace Aura Uppercut, since it's a Pokemon move. Some characters have up+B moves that project them upwards, and Lucario could be one of them.
It originally was extemespeed (check my speculation thread), but I changed it because Aura Uppercut sounds cooler :)

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I don't play a whole lot of 4th gen pokemon games, but I do support Lucario as he is one of my favorite pokemon from that generation.

My question is, can Lucario learn Hyper Beam?

I was thinking of that being a good final smash or maybe it would be too similar to Samus...

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I think he can learn it from a TM.
Yea, that's what I mean.

I was trying to think of powerful pokemon moves and the first thing that came into mind was Hyper Beam. I just fear it would be too close to Samus's final smash.

Maybe something like Rage? Where he just keeps getting strong and stronger during his final smash as he gets hit until it wears out?

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Hyper Beam was taken by Deoxys-A

Final Smash Ideas:
Close Combat
Focus Blast
Aura Sphere Barrage
That one made by Megadio who's name I cannot recall
And now, Aura Omega (That is a **** cool name.)

And everyone ignored my stats...
I feel sad.

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
I think something like a pulse combo would be cool as a final smash like he unleashes Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse and a big Aura Sphere in all different directions across the stage... Pulse Combo Barrage is what I shall call it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lucario is more deserving than Mewtwo. Brawl already has two representatives of the 1st generation (TP and Pikachu). They need a 4th gen Pokemon, and Lucario is perfect.
. . . .Mew2 should stump a bone out yo a** (with his mind) for saying such vile non-sense.:ohwell:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah I dont think Mewtwo should be replaced by Lucario either. Im just holding out for Sakurai allowing 5 playable characters...

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
. . . .Mew2 should stump a bone out yo a** (with his mind) for saying such vile non-sense.:ohwell:
Wow, more ignorant, arrogant Mewtwo fanboys invading the Lucario Shrine. When I said something in the Mewtwo thread, everyone lashed out at me. Hmm... I have no respect for you at all.

Really, I hope both Lucario AND Mewtwo make it in the game, so I can tear Mewtwo apart using Lucario.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
I hope that Mewtwo comes back cause I'm a Mewtwo fan and a 1st gen fan. stopped playing once 3rd gen came around. Lucario looks kinda cool but I have no idea who he is. I am defending Mewtwo saying that his move sets are individual to the game and he should be kept as a playable character. In terms of playable characters, SSB focuses on bringing classic nintendo characters back into the light, I dont feel that Brawl is a place for to make Lucario a PC for that reason

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow, more ignorant, arrogant Mewtwo fanboys invading the Lucario Shrine. When I said something in the Mewtwo thread, everyone lashed out at me. Hmm... I have no respect for you at all.

Really, I hope both Lucario AND Mewtwo make it in the game, so I can tear Mewtwo apart using Lucario.
Dude, Im not some "ignorant, arrogant Mewtwo fanboy", just someone with enuff logic to know that replacing Mew2 with Lucario is like replaceing Bowser with a chain-chomp.

I don't care if you have no respect for me cause it's pretty clear you have no idea what your talking about.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
The thing is, it's not who's replacing Mewtwo.
If somehow Sakurai does, there may be both in the game.
Y'all too paranoid.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Im not some "ignorant, arrogant Mewtwo fanboy", just someone with enuff logic to know that replacing Mew2 with Lucario is like replaceing Bowser with a chain-chomp.

I don't care if you have no respect for me cause it's pretty clear you have no idea what your talking about.

Don't come to the Lucario Shrine and bash Lucario. That's like going to Mile High Stadium on a Sunday afternoon, standing up, and shouting, "Denver blows".

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have Jiggz come back than Lucario join the party. We have plenty of pokemon, and I simply think that Lucario may be in a Pokeball, but isn't gonna be a playable character. Sorry, lol.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Eisenhertz said:
Don't come to the Lucario Shrine and bash Lucario. That's like going to Mile High Stadium on a Sunday afternoon, standing up, and shouting, "Denver blows".
I have a cousin who did that in Seattle.

Lucario is the greatest choice Sakurai could make as a playable Pokemon character. It's undecided, but I believe in Lucario and his power.

We need, also, an idea for Lucario's Final Smash. I've got...absolutely nothing. I read over your moveset on the first page, and I can't think of anything that could be properly used for an FS.

But anyways, I love Lucario, and for him to be in Brawl would cement the fact that Brawl could be the greatest fighting game ever. I support you.

Eisenherz

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is the greatest choice Sakurai could make as a playable Pokemon character. It's undecided, but I believe in Lucario and his power.

We need, also, an idea for Lucario's Final Smash. I've got...absolutely nothing. I read over your moveset on the first page, and I can't think of anything that could be properly used for an FS.

But anyways, I love Lucario, and for him to be in Brawl would cement the fact that Brawl could be the greatest fighting game ever. I support you.

A winner is you!

About the final smash... what about Dragon Pulse?

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Normally I don't condone this sort of crazy speculation, but I found this coincidence very clever. Beware the hidden message of doom in today's update!

Firefalcon

Smash Cadet

I thought about flash cannon or in-fight

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Final Smash Ideas:
Close Combat
Focus Blast
Aura Sphere Barrage
That one made by Megadio who's name I cannot recall
And now, Aura Omega (That is a **** cool name.)
I don't like being ignored.

Top Bottom