• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
good ****, cuz I'll probably lose early in the tournament, since I suck online. I want to play his almighty Ike though, which is the only reason I entered.

1. To see how good he is.

2. To see how many times I **** Ike's natural slowness with Luigi's shoryuken.

500th post yay

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
rok the reaper? haha..he's "ok"..but deffinately not great.
last time i beat him pretty bad. Usually 2 stocked him, twice 3 stocked him outta 15ish games. I was surprised actually...in the past he did alot better. He's obsessed with himself being the "best ike" lol...he's ok..but i **** ike from sheer ike-exp.

Sudai

Stuff here
I dunno. The name rings a bell from forever ago. I think I played him some when I first joined AiB, but the name really doesn't stick out, so I doubt he was any good. I'm really not too worried about him, lol. I don't enter online tournies to win. I enter them cause I'm effing bored. XP

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Well as far as what mura quoted some guy saying melee players are cheap.....

I used to get pissed about ice climbers chain, and marth and blah blah but im over it.

I mean it does take some skills to it. I don't consider it cheap because say marth against the hole fox/falco thing.

Yea marth is gay and can literally chain grab to instant ko if done correctly but can't a good fox turn around a **** him before he can get the grab off? Same with falco's combo's? **** even sheik!

I dont think melee is cheap, granted i used to complain, i was only mad that I couldn't get any better =/

As far as BRAWL goes for online play after getting sick beatings to lee online i flipped out and swore i'd never play this game. I mean for some reason I can't compensate for the littlest bit of lag online and Watching myself get ***** was ridiculus. Props to lee for being able to adjust to near perfect in lag, same for cyphus when i played against him a while back.

And as far as dibbz goes were you guys talking about today as in "TUESDAY"? I dont have work overnight tonight so I can brawl with you guys at dibbz. Dibbz doesn't open till 12pm btw Greg. Some FYI I just got home from work at about 730am so i'll be sleeping till about 2pm then heading over to dibbz. If you guys goto dibbz to brawl/melee call me 504-810-3459 Dont text me i turned that feature off for time being. Can someone not mind bringing melee, I want to see if my Samus still has it!

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
apparently selling cheeze nipps door to door is a bad idea
Huh...that's odd. Yesterday, I was lounging around my apartment, and I had the strangest thought. "Man, I could really use some cheeze nips.....they should have people selling those door to door constantly."

In all seriousness though, I would very much like to know. Is that a random post or is there a fantastic story behind it? Either way, I lol'ed.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
How many of you Melee players can still stand Brawl? I'm living in Indiana right now and there is a group here that plays it. Holy-ba-Jesus, this game just leaves some sort of deep longing for Melee after I play it EVERY single time. I can't stand this feeling. I'm about to go and buy a copy of Melee just to be able to play it even if by myself. Even if I don't play it that much, I need something to wash this feeling and atmosphere out of my head. I can't stand this floaty, slippery, tripping feeling anymore. My mind feels like a tub of dead meat right now.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
No offense flarefox but your 100 pages to late on this argument.

99% of us already made the move and love brawl.

The crying/*****ing/etc....ended.

Either pick up the game and learn it or don't play it.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I have a thought guys on the Brawl vs Melee. Why dont we play both? If you already have the tech skill for Melee, just a few minutes a day and you'd be able to keep it. Tiny little differences can just be remembered, and this way no one argues.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
I have a thought guys on the Brawl vs Melee. Why dont we play both? If you already have the tech skill for Melee, just a few minutes a day and you'd be able to keep it. Tiny little differences can just be remembered, and this way no one argues.
Will you STFU and stop posting nonsense? Moron....

You guys ever notice when I post something he likes to POST RIGHT AFTER me with his gay 2 cents.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Will you STFU and stop posting nonsense? Moron....

You guys ever notice when I post something he likes to POST RIGHT AFTER me with his gay 2 cents.
You're just jealous that I pwn you. :]
LOL. And I'm sure most people read all the posts, not just the most recent one. Loser. Money match?

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
You're just jealous that I pwn you. :]
LOL. And I'm sure most people read all the posts, not just the most recent one. Loser. Money match?
Before talking your **** on the boards try winning a match against me? Atleast once maybe?

Money match? Ive asked you several times for 10-60$ matches and you have yet to accept?

I say again stfu. go run your mouth elsewhere

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Before talking your **** on the boards try winning a match against me? Atleast once maybe?

Money match? Ive asked you several times for 10-60$ matches and you have yet to accept?

I say again stfu. go run your mouth elsewhere
I've said time and time again that I have no job and offer $5 money matches. You refuse. I even offered two, making it $10 total, and you refuse. xDDD

Im not rich.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i dunno im a fckin idiot, i tried to go to work this morning but no one was there so i waited like an hour then left. I dunno i was just genneraly pissed off at the world an my self so i bought some beer and cheeze nips. I start drinking on the way home, ya it was a bad idea but i didnt really care if i got pulled over or drove into a ditch. I was already pretty drunk by the time i got near my house and didnt feel like going home. so i just drove around my neighboorhood drinking(i figured if the police saw me i could make it home before they caught me) So anyways im driving around and i see this hot woman enter her house. So i think to myself i want to have sex with her. so i get this idea of trying to sell her cheeze nips like a door to door salesman....

Battousai780

Smash Ace
i dunno im a fckin idiot, i tried to go to work this morning but no one was there so i waited like an hour then left. I dunno i was just genneraly pissed off at the world an my self so i bought some beer and cheeze nips. I start drinking on the way home, ya it was a bad idea but i didnt really care if i got pulled over or drove into a ditch. I was already pretty drunk by the time i got near my house and didnt feel like going home. so i just drove around my neighboorhood drinking(i figured if the police saw me i could make it home before they caught me) So anyways im driving around and i see this hot woman enter her house. So i think to myself i want to have sex with her. so i get this idea of trying to sell her cheeze nips like a door to door salesman....
Did it work?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
lolz, Sudai, you missed the tournament.

I've already lost my first set. Lag+AAA/w Ike > Me

[edit]

ha, I'm out. I won't be doing anymore online tournaments, I'm not cool with changing my entire playstyle to battle spammers. /johns

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
lolz, Sudai, you missed the tournament.

I've already lost my first set. Lag+AAA/w Ike > Me

[edit]

ha, I'm out. I won't be doing anymore online tournaments, I'm not cool with changing my entire playstyle to battle spammers. /johns
i gave up on brawl online long ago

edit: No way can I come to dibbz tonight. I have to study physics. Possibly tomorrow but def friday i'll be there

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
i gave up on brawl online long ago

edit: No way can I come to dibbz tonight. I have to study physics. Possibly tomorrow but def friday i'll be there
Jon in crying voice:

"Jared please lemme borrow your physics notes big dawg, PLEASE! Man I need those notes, just look for em for me, man I need em so bad...or just get David to look for him. Tell him to stop being so lazy and help me out man, that's not cool man, y'all messin with my life. You know what **** y'all!"

U need to get at those BHBs because they always steal the test early. Just find a sexy ***** and borrow the test from her and you'll be gravy. That and Akundi's a pushover and the lab is like frying eggs.

D

Deleted member

matt, its funny you say how late ffox is and everyone has already chosen brawl when all the 'brawl vs melee' polls in every regional zone say melee is the favorite. i think la itself is split about 50/50. also it's never too late to voice an opinion.

ffox ill play melee with you.
brawl is slow and boring.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
i fcking hate brawl. it smells like stinky pussi and i cant fcking stand it. brawl is the ******** lovechild of melee and to hell with all the mother fckers that dont want comparisons. you can suck my asss and spread mayonnaise on my knee. i feel like helen keller when brawl is on, my brain shuts off my eyes and ears to save myself from the horrible failure that is brawl. if i had a baby with melee and brawl came out i would wrap in a trash bag (bang it around, make sure it was dead of course) and throw it at the republican party with the rest of life's losers.

** All opinions stated above are based on fact **

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Wow, guys.. You know, I didn't think it could get any worse than this. Look who's wrong again. HAHAHA!!

It's funny.. People seem to forget that Brawl is supposed to be DIFFERENT from Melee. "Oh my Gosh!! We can't have that!!" It's also funny that a lot of people don't want to move on from Melee to Brawl, but most were just fine from moving from Smash64 to Melee. No one said you had to quit any game. You can still even play 64 for all I care, but just accept the fact that it's here. Why would you want to make a game that's almost exactly the same as it's prequel? That's just dumb. That's like making Ocarina of Time the sequel to Ocarina of time.

In short, I've just had it completely with these ****ing boards. It's completely warped everyone's minds into believing something about gaming which just isn't true or right at all. This whole debate is just stupid as it is. I've been trying to say this all along to everyone. It doesn't matter what you play, just respect others opinions around you and JUST ****ING PLAY!! As far as I'm concerned, I'm quitting smashboards. It made me develop my love/hate relationship with Smash and all I wanna do is love it like any other game that I love. And to think for me, it all started with that dumb tier list from Melee. I wish no one ever made that ****ing thing.

And yes, I LOVE BRAWL!! There.. I said it. I don't ****ing care either. Somebody needs to anyway. And it's not because I suck at Melee either. I was actually pretty good at it too to where even players like Taylor and Eric had to take me seriously, so don't even jump to conclusions. I love Brawl for the sheer fact that it's different. I got bored of playing Melee for 5 years straight. And don't get me wrong. I love Melee too. I've been playing both lately.

I've chosen the path of the casual gamer. A gamer that can play on a competitive level, but chooses not to. Know why? Because in the beginning, this was what gaming was supposed to be about. I'm doing this to repent for all of the wrongdoings that I have committed while being on the competitive scene and to hopefully finally achieve some degree of happiness from this game and from others.

Goodbye, Louisiana Thread. But before I go, I'm giving away my special Vaughn awards because believe it or not, I actually had some fun times on these boards.

The Respect Award - Sudai and DSK

In my opinion, you've accepted Brawl and Smash Bros. itself just as much as I have lately. If not, more. And ever since we've played together and talked more, I believe we've become much better friends. And for that, I thank you.

The Funny Award - ShyGuy

Whenever I read one of your posts about your crazy adventures, it always makes me smile. You've managed to make some of my bad days forgotten. I hope that you find what you're looking for soon.

The Mentor Award - Taylor

You've taught me how to play since day one and you've even been beside me when I was down. Even to the points outside of Smash when you would try to help my depression. We've had our disagreements, but in a way, they might have been necessary.

The Awesome Award - Eric

You're just awesome!! What else can I say!?

The Partner Award - Randall

You were my only partner in teams throughout Melee. And we performed well. Try not to get discouraged and take it easy on the improvement level, man. There's plenty of time.

The Chill Pill Award - Kyle

Though it was sometimes aggravating to play with you or even talk to you at a time, I've learned to chill and express myself more often. I realize now that it was only because you cared.

Well.. That's that. I have nothing more to say except that this is the last straw.

Goodbye Smashboards. You son of a *****.

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
vaughn i wasnt really serious. although i do like melee better. i gave brawl its chance.

its impossible not to compare the two games. its like choosing between two different outfits. They are both different but you still have to make a choice which you will wear to the club.

no one is saying they hate brawl (ok i was, but anway) why is it wrong to make a comparisons? i like zelda and i like pokemon. i like zelda much more. i like melee and i like brawl. i like melee much more.

ps. i would love a sequel to ocarina of time to be ocarina of time. i wonder what it would be like.

D

Deleted member

no one was arguing. that was a little out of proportion.
im sure you'll read this tomorrow when you routinely check smashboards lol.

peace.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually u could have said..
"thats like making a sequel to ocarina time exactly the same....~oh wait. They did!"
(Majora's Mask, with the only difference being repetetive game design, and frustrating time/side mission requirements; which is why it was a dissapointing followup.)
-thats like having invisible bananas all over the place in melee, causing you to trip. Wouldn't that be crazy?

I dont think i'll play melee ever again. Since I got "good" at brawl, i tried restoring my ol' melee skills and after a few hours, i felt i made some progress. but i dont think i'll ever get back to my full potential. Unless I play it for weeks with humans (which simply will never happen, do to my very inconsistent, and lack there of, free time.)
With brawl, i can at least play online in the wee hours of the night, and suffice some "human" experience. So although I said i've quit brawl, I admit I still play casually online, mostly through Allisbrawl.com's chat. And I wouldn't doubt i have one of the best DK's out there now.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
lol i thoroughly enjoyed majoras mask.

is it really that serious guys? i hope people squash this yit in a couple months. this melee v brawl stuff is so april 08

Top Bottom