• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here

Code:
[.url="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128277"][.img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/liius/completion1.jpg[/img][/url]

Just take the two periods out from the [.url= and [.img tags and it'll work.

Apparently using the [ code ] [ /code ] blocks doesn't disable coding like on most forums..bleh.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
That Texas tourney looks like it'd be fun. For the past few days, I've been looking at *Pound* 3 (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127891). It's up in Maryland, and it looks like it will be huge. Registration opened up only a few days ago, and the roster is here:

http://pound3.teamarlington.net/?page_id=7

Sadly though, it'd be rather difficult/ expensive to get there. It'd be something like $200-250 to fly or a 20 hour drive. Anyways, I've recently decided to try playing in at least one OOS tourney, so I'd be interested in going to one of these. If I were to go to either, I could possibly drive. My car's in pretty good shape, and I might get cruise control installed sometime soon.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Hey Randall, is someone bringing Melee to the game thing tonight? If not, I think I'll stay home and study. If so, I'll bring the pain (by that of course, I mean get my *** whipped [btw, big difference between getting your *** whipped and getting your *** whiped, make sure you include the extra 'p']).

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I don't have anything smash related with me today, so unless someone else wants to bring a full setup (TV/ cube/ smash/ controllers), we're out of luck. Maybe someone would be so kind as to bring smash to Tiger Uppercut tonight?

Also, EA will be there, and I hear that they may bring free stuff.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
I don't have anything smash related with me today, so unless someone else wants to bring a full setup (TV/ cube/ smash/ controllers), we're out of luck. Maybe someone would be so kind as to bring smash to Tiger Uppercut tonight?

Also, EA will be there, and I hear that they may bring free stuff.
i would be glad to bring a tv/cube or w/e. but one, i dont know what time it starts, two, i dont think i have a ride to get there, but if someone is going and would like to pick me up on their way there, that would be cool i guess and i could bring my ****. iono, just give me a call, im sure half of you have my number sooo yeah.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's from 6-8 tonight, but I don't know who could give you a ride. However, it would be pretty cool if you could bring smash; I haven't played you in quite a while.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's from 6-8 tonight, but I don't know who could give you a ride. However, it would be pretty cool if you could bring smash; I haven't played you in quite a while.
heh likewise.

but yeah, if i can get a ride, i would be happy to go and bring a setup. do you know who usually shows up?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
That ****in Iceman usually shows up, but he can't give you a ride (though your mother was happy to give me a ride, ain't that weird).

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
hey guys, so the hotel im at doesnt have good internet access. SO i cant really go online much at all,
so if something is happening near new orleans or in, my phone number
soo yeah, gimme a text or call if something is up. ~~

EDIT: hopefully i dont regret posting my phone number on these here forums. >.>

Last edited:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm not sure if u got my message a page or so back, but in the New Orleans area, the smash scene frequents this gaming-center called Dibbz PC Cafe.
I'm sure you could yahoo/mapquest it, but just so u know its on a road called Veterans, that has a plethora of stuff. If you're on Veterans, you'll know where Dibbz is, because its on the left of the restaurant "New Orleans Hamurger and Seafood company" (red neon sign).

Saturday night is the time to go. Me and Lee could be there (we live an hour away), as well as the new orleans/kenner locals.
If i don't hear back from this post by tonight, i'll call you. but ur welcome to call me @ 985-232-5410. im a nice guy, and look forward to playing you =)

Dibbz stays open to at least 3 am. People usually start showing up for smash 'round 10, but i prefer getting their at 9, personally, because we use two 70(?) inch TVs (that don't lag), but we gotta "secure" them before some halo or guitar hero ***s take it first. ;)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Just to let y'all know, I'm going to the next Texas tourney too along with some other OK smashers including Kos-Mos, the guy who won 3000 bucks by beating Wobbles at MGC.

D

Deleted member

yeah, your mom

pwnt.

im about to call kyle i feel like smashin. johnny li wants to aswell

D

Deleted member

ive probably lost my mind. life seems like a satoshi kon movie. im lonely. an alcoholic. an *******.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Taylor, how close are you to graduating college?
I went through something similar my last few quarters and afterwards, after landing into a deadend job, it's turned into a totally different kind of insanity/surreal depression.
But I suspect my reasons are different than yours.

D

Deleted member

it's my first semester lol. i graduated high school in 06' and took a year off working as a kitchen manager. i went back to school because my mom didnt like me when i wasnt going. i hate it though and i really want to leave the country.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Yeah, if you hate what you're doing, it's going to make yours day go by like a tunneling vortex of ****, making you go crazy. The polar opposite of self-actualization. My advice....GTFO of the country.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Take some foriegn language classes, taylor. like, whatever language is needed for whereever you want to be. trying to master something may be like a little hobby... and i know hobbies are always useful for breaking depression.
Also, maybe start looking into working out. excersizing boosts endorphins which always make you feel better. I mean, that's one of the reasons i picked up DDR, paintball,... hot salsa dancing on thursday nights...
I honestly don't worry about you figuring something out, Taylor. You have a good head on your shoulders. however, if you do need to talk, i'm most likely somewhere around and probably reachable.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
dibbz was cool, 3 stock on the guy from WA played cyphus and the rest of the people. mindgames=solved.

<3@taylor for no reason.

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
dibbz was cool, 3 stock on the guy from WA played cyphus and the rest of the people. mindgames=solved.

<3@taylor for no reason.
I need to hear about this more.
I want to play agaisnt any human being who:
a) lives in New Orleans
b) plays Smash
c) doesn't suck at it like my friend Lars, who actually loses to me by SDing four times

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
hey hey you 3 stocked me my first game. =P warm up johnz. i beat lee i think so im not terrible. LUL. stop making me sound bad T_T. but LA was pretty cool. brandon was quite friendly thx for dat homes. john woo/brandon/lee are all pretty awesome. who wins when john woo and lee play usually? im assuming lee since hes best in state. wish i coulda stayed longer, but i had a morning flight. ill let you guys know if im in the area again. ^^ i dunno the rest of you guyses names, but you were all cool. good stuff. you guys have any matches up that i may watch?

that ray guy was pretty funny. his way of talking made every 5x funnier. XD
"i solved the mindgames." jajaja.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
hey hey you 3 stocked me my first game. =P warm up johnz. i beat lee i think so im not terrible. LUL. stop making me sound bad T_T. but LA was pretty cool. brandon was quite friendly thx for dat homes. john woo/brandon/lee are all pretty awesome. who wins when john woo and lee play usually? im assuming lee since hes best in state. wish i coulda stayed longer, but i had a morning flight. ill let you guys know if im in the area again. ^^ i dunno the rest of you guyses names, but you were all cool. good stuff. you guys have any matches up that i may watch?

that ray guy was pretty funny. his way of talking made every 5x funnier. XD
"i solved the mindgames." jajaja.

Falco good against falcon. heh i wasnt dissing you at all :] good games you ill look forward to playing you again hopefully.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
it was nice playing you Washington (hah). well..John does slightly better versus me, and lee does a lil better versus john and me, but u could glance at the 1st post of this thread for a brief backdrop.
if u hadn't noticed, LA really likes to play FD, lol.
But yea, your capt and jigs are pretty sweet. ggs, and i hope we get to play again in not melee, in brawl :O

Top Bottom