• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i believe i've found the character who will cover my weaknesses best. Sheik. She beats peach and marth, can handle the gay levels better than doc or ice, and takes out the low tiers threats, like luigi, a whole lot better. Believe it or not, she at least goes even with falco. He's surprisingly not that hard to grab w/ her, and if he's thrown off, he's dead like a Mew2King edgeguard 2Easy twice for no reason.

D

Deleted member

id say at the peak of game play, shiek goes even with fox and has a slight disadvantage against falco. i mean, idk whos falcos youve been playing but when falco is played right you cant grab his attacks, only catch him with dash dancing and, in a sense, mindgaming into a grab. same goes for fox. but the laser makes it imposible to stay on the ground. on fd you have to needle your way in which can get rly annoying vs a camper falco, and on other stages you have to go to platforms and mindgame your way in on a falco camping under the platform. while both matches are possibile, and if sheik can get them off they stage... he dead...
i still think (falco > fox) vs shiek

and for the record, yoshi does good against shiek. its not in his favor or anything but **** i dont like that match unless it's on fd

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
my compter at home is broke, so im using one from work right now, i dont really have anything to say really except that i hate my life

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
i love each and every one of you.

exept for flarefox... i DONT like him.....

ps. just jokes, ive never even met you :] but i love you anyway.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
So Nicknyte came, he saw, and he kicked some *** all the way from AZ. It was awesome even though he was here for only a little while. You should come back soon, Elvis. We'll be waiting for you. =]

Sudai, how did you get grounded? Well, you should be ungrounded soon so we can play and talk and stuff. We haven't hung out in quite a while.

Sudai

Stuff here
I lied about where I was going to my mom, couldn't handle the guilt, broke down and told her.. Blah. ****ballz sucks.

In other news, why do all the brawl updates suck as of late? :/

RAM

Smash Lord
i believe i've found the character who will cover my weaknesses best. Sheik. She beats peach and marth, can handle the gay levels better than doc or ice, and takes out the low tiers threats, like luigi, a whole lot better. Believe it or not, she at least goes even with falco. He's surprisingly not that hard to grab w/ her, and if he's thrown off, he's dead like a Mew2King edgeguard 2Easy twice for no reason.
Funny how we are both picking up Shiek at the same time. I hate Marth. But as far as Luigi vs Shiek go I do pretty well against Shiek. I beat Tink's Shiek at Inn in Pools.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I lied about where I was going to my mom, couldn't handle the guilt, broke down and told her.. Blah. ****ballz sucks.

In other news, why do all the brawl updates suck as of late? :/
**** you very much, sir. Up on the control stick won't jump anymore CONFIRMED. Great DK theme song. Man, I really wish that up!=jump was in melee.

Hey Ken, I think two of my friends from college will be smashing tonight and tommorow night and we could use a forth. One of 'em sucks, the other plays a mean fox and I want to show him the benefits of wavedashing and I figure your Marth can do just that. We play FFA + Items + All stages, so I dunno if you'd be down for that. If you're looking for a change of pace, you should let me know. It's fun in a different way, I promise...come to the dark side.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
**** you very much, sir. Up on the control stick won't jump anymore CONFIRMED. Great DK theme song. Man, I really wish that up!=jump was in melee.

Hey Ken, I think two of my friends from college will be smashing tonight and tommorow night and we could use a forth. One of 'em sucks, the other plays a mean fox and I want to show him the benefits of wavedashing and I figure your Marth can do just that. We play FFA + Items + All stages, so I dunno if you'd be down for that. If you're looking for a change of pace, you should let me know. It's fun in a different way, I promise...come to the dark side.

items are gross.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
oh items... sounds kinky. I may give it a try. I may not seem like it, but behind my super-hero like build I DO have a dark side.
Yeah, I'll be interested. You have my digits.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
id say at the peak of game play, shiek goes even with fox and has a slight disadvantage against falco. i mean, idk whos falcos youve been playing but when falco is played right you cant grab his attacks, only catch him with dash dancing and, in a sense, mindgaming into a grab. same goes for fox. but the laser makes it imposible to stay on the ground. on fd you have to needle your way in which can get rly annoying vs a camper falco, and on other stages you have to go to platforms and mindgame your way in on a falco camping under the platform. while both matches are possibile, and if sheik can get them off they stage... he dead...
i still think (falco > fox) vs shiek

and for the record, yoshi does good against shiek. its not in his favor or anything but **** i dont like that match unless it's on fd
I think that Fox has an advantage over Sheik because of shine->upthrow->upair and because of how well fox can edgeguard sheik. Sheik vs. Flaco is more-or-less even, because falco's recovery is garbage, and needles -> fair give him trouble.

Setsuma said:
i love each and every one of you.

exept for flarefox... i DONT like him.....

ps. just jokes, ive never even met you :] but i love you anyway.
Yeah I'm a bi
tch :)

xD

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Oh man, I am so super pissed off. After only 4 days of having it, my ****ing controller breaks. And, of course, eBay people say "**** YOU , GWAHAHA" so I have no choice other than to try yet another controller off of eBay. Dammit, if your next gen console can use old controllers, you should **** well keep making those same ****ing controllers. **** you Nintendo. I could killer a mother****er right about now. I HUNGER FOR BLOOOOOD! :mad:

D

Deleted member

i dont know why yoshi does good against sheik. it's dumb. ;.;
yeah except chain grab which is why i said fd. but any stage cept fountain or pkmn would work. but yoshi is just gay.

sigh i dont want to play shiek anymore. shes too mainstream.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I am so super pissed off. After only 4 days of having it, my ****ing controller breaks. And, of course, eBay people say "**** YOU , GWAHAHA" so I have no choice other than to try yet another controller off of eBay. Dammit, if your next gen console can use old controllers, you should **** well keep making those same ****ing controllers. **** you Nintendo. I could killer a mother****er right about now. I HUNGER FOR BLOOOOOD! :mad:
just go to walmart or something and buy a controler.. lol

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
hey guys.
i think im gonna be visiting the new orleans region from thursday - sunday.
im a ranked WA player~~. anything going on during at time? tourneys/smashfests in that area etc
^_^

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
me and lee live 1 hour from new orleans..the place to be and smash is at Dibbz PC Cafe (on the left of NewOrleans Hamburger and Seafood Company Restaurant). You can find it on Veterans Blvd (should be easy to find if your near N.O.
Everyone goes there on Saturday night. If you go then, you'll be sure to play some decent people, and probably me, lee, ricky, john, and a buncha others that may show.
My AIM is: TheCyphus, so hit me up later so maybe we can figure something out.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
im down for dibbz saterday.

if i can get a ride with someone from BR that would be great. :]

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
just go to walmart or something and buy a controler.. lol
Nien. Walmart (nor anywhere else) doesn't sell GC controllers anymore. Since it's nextGen (Wii) now, they've been discontinued. I've checked Walmarts, Best Buy, Gamestops. I don't want to get a used one either, since I'll be punishing it via melee and brawl.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think I saw some first party controllers at the Gamestop in the Mall of Louisiana the other day. That, and Gameware just downstairs from Gamestop might sell first party controllers. If not, they have some third party controllers that are most similar to the ones Nintendo makes. A call to Gameware/ Gamestop in the mall might save you some time.

Just curious, what's broken on your new controller? I got a new one a while back, and one of the shoulder buttons didn't work right.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
they really have??? wtf? why in the world would you discontinue one of the most badass ctrlers in the world?

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
FakeGeorge, every time I've gone into gamestops and gameware, they haven't had them. But if they did, they would be used, and as I said, I don't want one used. Off of eBay, I got a in-the-package third party controller, and after 4 days, the z button didn't work totally right and shortly after the analog stick just totally crapped out..it slides around, it's unresponsive, ask Ken, he saw it.

I noticed his first-party controller, though, and now I know what I'm looking for. So I'm going to look for a in-the-package Nintendo made controller off of eBay. And Setsuma, you're not old enough to know this (likely not having had a NES or SNES), but it happens every generation of consoles (Sony is a bit better about it), but when nextGen comes out, old gen quickly dies in every aspect, especially distribution of games and accessories.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
FakeGeorge, every time I've gone into gamestops and gameware, they haven't had them. But if they did, they would be used, and as I said, I don't want one used. Off of eBay, I got a in-the-package third party controller, and after 4 days, the z button didn't work totally right and shortly after the analog stick just totally crapped out..it slides around, it's unresponsive, ask Ken, he saw it.

I noticed his first-party controller, though, and now I know what I'm looking for. So I'm going to look for a in-the-package Nintendo made controller off of eBay. And Setsuma, you're not old enough to know this (likely not having had a NES or SNES), but it happens every generation of consoles (Sony is a bit better about it), but when nextGen comes out, old gen quickly dies in every aspect, especially distribution of games and accessories.

im bored want to come play smash? (ADD ftw!)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I see. Well, I could have sworn that I saw one recently in one of those two places, but I'm probably just mistaken. Or maybe they just very rarely have them in stock, and I was lucky to see them. No matter, good luck in getting a good controller this time around.

D

Deleted member

about a week ago they had 3 platnium nintendo controllers at the walmart on oneal at a clearence price of $16. they may have sold them though because that was all they had.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
hmm. i should go play you, freddy. i JUST woke up, though.
let me get some work done and then i'll probably go over.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
ken-good games man, you def got alot better, you should practice more with your space animals, there looking pretty good. and so is your marth. although i can still beat you with pikachu you impressed me at how much you improved in between the time i last played you and today, good **** man keep it up.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Heh, thanks for having me over, Freddy. Definitely some good games... and that ... i guess japanese DI you did. Rofl.
We definitely have to do that again!

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Dear Mr. J,

STFU

Signed

Eet (The Bossman)
TaylorHJ
Setsuma
Young Dylan
Mocha
Phil
Kyle aka Enterei
Nicknyte

aka The Battle Rouge Crew

P.S. Your clown town has been changed to Nytetime. You have been warned.

Who gives a **** now your there little messenger boy...pathetic. Screw LA they suck ***
I aint no messenger boy. Im a delivery boy. ill bring the hurt ya trash talking smasher of the Sierra Mista! Wait till the Tournament. Its on.
Lol. Ten characters.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
that TX touranment is having their sequel...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128277

this is their banner, if anyone would like to support it.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/liius/completion1.jpg
i lost the code to set it as a clickable-link..but anyway..yea.

i think we should go, and do even better than before, cuz i know we deffiantely could have done ALOT better. I'm sure alot of the *******s there will have calmed down to us, now that we've shown we don't suck. So now its time win.
Hopefully NO will pool there (on their own), and JOhn and Ricky can crew with us.

D

Deleted member

5 people will definitely be better. i dont think it would be fair to just decide on not including someone. we have 2 foxs and 2 marths. i think it would be best to round robin for the 5 spots of all 6 of us get to go.

and the whole king misquito and sos keeping money for themselves really pissed me off. i've ran way to many tournaments and never gotten anything out of them i didnt win. i was simply appauled by it. i asked bluezaft to send me the pm king misquito sent him and it's ********. if anyone would like to read it just ask and ill forward it.

i might go... its just a long drive. maybe tim will go this time but he has the first-serious-girlfriend syndrome so idk. if shyg wants to go and eric and vaughn dont want to, me and kyle dont have a ride? idk. we have some time to discuss things.

bluezaft said they were alot more worried during the last team game vs me and kyle than they were in the finals vs sos and doh xD

Top Bottom