• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Screw my mom, im 21 i can do whatver i want, sorry about that ***** bothering u,, anyways kyle is fcking pro as hell at smash with his 5th place finish, i could care less about how good or bad i did, the expercince probly improved my game, but i dounbt it will matter much since i dont see my self playing that much, the only thing i coould think about was aprroaching that hot girl at the tourney and talking to her but i didnt cuz im a *****, Thanks for driving all that way taylor and kyle i owe u one, and thus another chapter in the life of shyg begins saving up money getting an apartment finding a girlfriend, partying and enjoying life maybe play a little smash staying in touch with the smash people and having fun, reaquanting myself with some old frineds, mingaming the people at work, i got them wraped around my finger, cuz they know how good of a worker i am so maybe ill just half-*** my way through the job or flirt wit the other customers and coworkers, and so what if they fire me i dare them cuz i know i can make assloads of money playing poker and out mindgame the the entire world , but so what im a good person with a good heart and ive been put through some **** that no one should have to go through but im gonna fix everything eventually and they world will finally be right again......

Sudai

Stuff here
So like, Ken just left, my parents brought me some kickass Chuck-E-Cheeses pizza, I would bang you ShyG, and I'm driving up to Ruston tomorrow.

So like...we don't have anyone on here that lives in Ruston on the boards, do we?

D

Deleted member

shyg is totally cool... wish he would talk more in person but i read alot of that thread and you have some really interesting experiances. it was a pleasure hanging out this weekend, and thanks for letting us take your car and stuff.

san antonio was awesome. the people were so nice at the tournament, and everywhere else you went. the gas station, ihop at 4 in the morning, it didnt matter. everyone was happy about life and would have a real conversation with you, rather than being depressed or thinking you were better than someone else. i had a much better time with the people than i did with smash, but the smash wasn't that bad either.

i ***** my first match up, hylians brother. a gannon player. 4 stock. then he picks peach and rainbow cruise. LOL. that match is awesome for falco. it helped me out for the rest of the tournament.
my next match is a raising star of the san antonio area. puffball, a jiggs player. i got scurred and played marth. he 2 stocks me. i pick fox on corneria and im behind a whole stock. he misses some edge gaurds and i get him with an aerial. he respawns and cyphus says be careful you've got plenty of time. im at 110% and totally about to die. i start laser spaming and doing really safe attacks. only hitting with random drill shines and lasers. get him up to like 90% and tech chase up smash. barely winning.
he picks jungle japes (river running across the stage) so i pick shiek on a whim. i 2 stock him. it felt awesome.
next i have to fight xelic. in the same round cyphus has to fight rob$ lol. first match is on fd marth vs peach. very close game. he beats me with about 90% on his last stock. i pick yoshi story and i guess the first match scares him so he picks shiek. i pick falco and he 2 stocks me lol. idk how that happened really, i think i was being very careless because i was confident. it was just ugly.
right after that i have to fight smiles. a crystal city peach player who plays with caveman and them and is good. he barely beat rice the first game of the tournament.
peach vs marth and i get 2 stocked ;.;
i pick rainbow cruise and almost 4 stock him. he barely gets a stock at the end. this shook him up a little bit. he picks fd on me so i stay falco, forgetting about chain grab. i laser to drill shine on him, he power shields the drill and grabs me, chain throw, dead. 3 stocks to 4. i play decent and am behind a whole stock the whole match. im off the stage with my last stock, he still has 2 but is at ko %. i ledge tech his edge gaurd, forward b into him and back aerial ko. he re spawns and i **** combo him to 110% and have him off the stage in spike range. i froze up and just stood there. plenty of room to run off, and jump back with a spike, but not close enough to dair on the stage and kill him. he just gets off the ledge, grabs me, punches me 8 times and up throws to nair. i miss di on both moves and die. epic fight.
out of singles at a really early stage. i didnt lose to scrubs, it just sucked since there were no pools, the brackets ended up really unfair.

teams me and kyle barely lose against the team that won teams. smiles and blue (something). we shouldve won the first fight but i messed up. we shouldve actually lost on rainbow cruise but smiles sd'd and it was left blue vs me shiek vs falco both at ko %. after like 60 seconds of trying to bait the other one into an atk, i kill him.
i dont remember the last match but it wasnt as close as the other two. still a good set.
we have to play varuna and ffox before that and put them in losers. ;.; sorry guys.
our next match is cyphus and lee (how lame >.> la vs la)
first match we get like 3 stocked on battle field (i think lee had 2 at ko % and cyphus was fresh on his last). we pick rainbow and cyphus goes gannon FOR NO REASON. i get ***** my first stock but i come back with a vengence. **** combos all over to double ko with fsmash. we 3 or 4 stock them.
its such a disadvantage to lose the first match though. they pick fd and i feel like i have no good match. if i pick falco i think i'd face ice and jiggs. marth i didnt want to play lee's shiek and doc. falcon fox and ice would suck. shiek fox and ice would still suck. so i decide my only logical choice is fox. they stay doc and fox and it was a good game. i think we got 3 or 4 stocked again but it was kinda fun. i start out beating up cyphus while kyle beats up lee. they're at really high %'s but all of a sudden me and kyle both die at like 100%. when we come back cyphus starts beating on kyle and lee starts wailing on me. i dont like that fox ditto ;.;. it felt like i could never grab him. sucked that la had to fight each other, but w/e it was fun. i love rainbow cruise.

crews sucked. me and kyle did not play well. we lose our first match to xelic's crew, but we didnt even get to xelic. i wouldve played falco but the previous day the host told us we couldnt change characters in the middle of the tournament so i thought it'd be best to be marth if i could never change. after that crew battle i found out you can change. how lame. kyle played first and went even with a scrub gannon. it shouldve been a 5 stock. they send out a shiek and we get put behind a stock. lee goes in and loses 3 stocks to the shieks 4. i mean, lee should've ***** him harder but he didnt do as bad as kyle. sethlon comes in and ***** lee's last 2 stocks without losing any. cyphus picks corneria against seth and seth goes marth. he takes cyphus's 5 with his 4. i thought cyphus learned not to do that against marth after husband but i guess not. i go in and seth changes back to roy. he takes a stock before i kill him so i have 4 left, with lep and xelic left to play. lep is another crystal city smasher but not as good as the rest. i was playing well but i could never kill him. it was really annoying. he on the other hand killed me well. we both had 4 stocks but he barely won.

we take out sos's crew where sos is the only good player, and we have to fight smile's dallas crew i believe. we should have won this one. lee picks mario, while it ended up not being that bad, i would have rather him picked fox. i could have counter picked smiles on rainbow and ***** him, if lee could have ***** the other players. its 2 capts, a falco and smile's peach. cyphus fights first and takes a falcon's 5 stocked with 2 left. takes 2 more agaist the next falcon and dies. i think lee shouldve picked fox and fought first just because they werent going to let smiles fight first and we couldve gotten a big lead, but anyway. i fight next and take the falcon's last 3 but lost 3 in the process. we're still 2 stocks ahead. they send out their scrub falcon but i was so tense and not very good at falco dittos anyway, i dont take any stocks with my 2. back to being even, kyle goes in and loses to the falco. lame. kyle ***** falco. we were both playing really bad. lee goes in and takes the falco's last stock, only taking 18% in the process lol. smiles picks dreamland and its a 5 stock head up match smile's peach vs lee's mario. lee almost pulls it out but barely loses. no hard feelings for lee losing that match, he played well it was just a hard one. me and kyle messed up in the actual playing, i just wish lee wouldve picked fox. but oh well. if we wouldve won we would go to the loser's semi finals and played north fl's crew, but they ran out of time and they didnt even get to have their match. so we wouldnt have gotten to play them anyway, or a chance at money so it didnt really matter. we were just totally better than smile's crew except for smiles.

FREAKING BOOK ON SWF WTF DAYM

eric get better at this game and give us some real fscking peach practice. i got put out by 2 of those hoes.

peace to everyone. it sucks to be back home ;.;

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
thanks taylor, but ya that chapter of my like of the mental ward thing is completly over in my life and im moving on, so lets just go back to orginal la smash thread awsomeness...

my Rules of Smash

1.have fun
2. concentrate on playing the right way no matter if i win or lose, if i cant have fun and win then im happing lossing if i learn something in the match

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Ricky called me up. He wants to play smash over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Taylor, Cyphus, Lee should post if/when they want to go. If anyone else wants to go we could turn it into a Smashfest maybe. My dad might let us use his place if Ricky doesn't want a whole lot at his.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Okay guys, my flight comes in at 5:45 pm at Baton Rouge on Weds. If anyone wants to give a ride, please do. Although I cant play smash, I want to see you guys more than playing some game. If anything that'll wait for Sunday. Anyway, Get back to me yall. Cya.
LOOK ABOVE LOLZ.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Hey shyguy, I was reading your other-board thread and saw that you dream of poker. Do you play hold 'em much? I used to play with my college buddies, but that time has since passed. I've always missed good, friendly games of hold 'em.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
interesting read, shy.'one flew over the cookoo's nest is a very artistic movie. for anyone who doens't know its a pretty old film taking place in the future where a gang leader with very unconformist tendencies gets captured and institutionalized and conditioned to feel sick around bad things, so he can no longer perform them. I wouldn't call it a comedy...but there are some ackwardly humorous moments, has random ****/violent themes, but the story has these turns that are too coincidental or predictable if you don't overanalyze it. Iunno...i'd say its a "great" movie, but strangely i didn't find it that enjoyable...yet still reccomend everyone to see it...(?)..iunno. its just interesting.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
you can say i play hold em, i havent played in a while but its not something u get worse at by not playing, poker comes naturally to i have good instincts and complete mental control of the table and the abilty to read other people ..

cyphus i think ur thinking of a clock work orange, one flew over the cuccos nest takes lace in a mental instituion and it stars jack nicholson, its the most important movie ever made Watch it

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea my bad shyguy...actually i saw both those movies.
One Flew Over is deffinately a great movie. Clockwork orange (what i was actually talking about) is 'ok'.

but yea..Jack Nicholson, Chistopher Lloyd...yea. That movie was pretty brilliant. Although i reckon both movies show empathy for the mentally ill and dislike of institutions.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
For those who havent read my myspace frofile this is me in a nutshell.....

Your mind naturally moves toward the big picture. You are always looking "over the hills and far away". You are independent in thought while honestly thinking that you are the mainstream standard of life. You think you are "telling it like it is" but the truth of the matter is you are telling it like "it ought to be". There is a moralizing, impulsive and propagating side of whatever you assert. You usually miss details that others feel important, but the breadth of your vision and the joy and lightheartedness of your attitude encourages people to be open to what you say. When you adjust to new circumstances in life, you do so briefly, always holding onto the picture of how things should be. Your vision improves when you are able to face how things really are without discarding your values"

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Taylor dont tell me who you think I should have played when you did complete garbage in crews. Smiles really knows how to fight fox but i guess thats why you got ***** so bad and lost us that Crew match

D

Deleted member

dont act like a **** dude i know i played bad, and i said that in my pervious post. but its also known that i hate falco dittos. you wouldnt have had to fight smiles if u played fox. you could have ***** the other players and gotten us a big advantage. if we would have been ahead i couldve gotten the counter pick and ***** smiles on rainbow cruise. i said you played very well vs him and your only mistake was picking mario, not vs him specifically but i think our match wouldve gone better. seriously dont act like it was all my fault, i think all everyone except cyphus made mistakes in that crew battle. but w/e. we should have won hands down but we didnt. didnt matter at all though because we wouldnt have gotten to fight fl which was a much more noteable foe.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i picked corneria against sethlon, because sethlon mains Roy. It was to my advantage, but he switched to Marth which i didn'texpect because prior to crews he told me was only going to use Roy this tournament- a brave move that i was willing to capitalize on, but i guess he put his crew ahead of his pride this time, which i can't blame him. Among all of us, i deffinately recieved the most verbal bashing during play, so that didn't help much either.
I'm sure if i woulda randomed, i coulda 1-2 stocked his roy w/ doc..but w/e...it was a gamble i had to take because we were already behind.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think we are awesome but on the whole this tournament had bad luck, but we need to get so awesome that luck won't mean ****.

: /

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
also kyle I reall[EDIT]y[/EDIT] appreciated the help Saturday night and I hopes I don't suck forever : (

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Anyone wants to give the Nyte a ride? BTW All I see is Johns. Tay. WTF, I thought you were the presidents of Anti-Johns.You tell me not to make excuses, but on a Tournament level? Tsk....jk Lolz. Johns 4 life.

Nvm. I dink erics is picking me up.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I try Varuna. But I really can't give you more than just some general advice on Falcon and what I've seen done with him. Taylor knows alot more on how to play Falcon than I do. Next time you should see what he has to say.

I know how to spike with Roy.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
i wanna play some smash, is anyone smashing tonight or tomorrow?

hit me up or say something on the boards 247-4204

MisterZ

Smash Rookie
taylor from tim's comp-

Anyone wants to give the Nyte a ride? BTW All I see is Johns. Tay. WTF, I thought you were the presidents of Anti-Johns.You tell me not to make excuses, but on a Tournament level? Tsk....jk Lolz. Johns 4 life.

Nvm. I dink erics is picking me up.
nicknyte you're ********. $10 mm when you get here
i wasnt johning about anything. i said i played bad no excuses. it was completely my fault. learn what a john is noob

Sudai

Stuff here
Nickest Nyte, I can pick you up if Eric can't. Just give me a call. ########### if you don't have my number anymore.

So like, I went to ~~~~~ today. Checked out ~~~~~~ and love it. I'm probably going there now. No smash scene, that I know of, ftl though... : (

Last edited:

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
taylor from tim's comp-

nicknyte you're ********. $10 mm when you get here
i wasnt johning about anything. i said i played bad no excuses. it was completely my fault. learn what a john is noob
Whatever n00b. As long as your 1 day younger than me, STFU. Yea. 24 hours on you B*TCH. JK. I love you Tay. Im sure you've heard, but Nicknyte is always broke.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
*sigh* Sudai. I'm just gonna have to go and ahead and let you know. No one calls it LTU or LATU. It's just Tech or LA Tech. Get it right! *glare*

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
No, even freshman know what to hell to call their own school =p
Btw, feel like smashing today? I apparently get off work at 3 and I'm kinda bored with SMG.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I work with this cute girl at work, its awsome. I didnt have my lighter today so i wasnt able to smoke a cig all day, and she gave me hers.

I think im in love

she way trying to show me how to do stuff on the computer, i was trying to keep seriuos but my mind was thinking other things,

D

Deleted member

like "oh yeah i like it when shes on her knees."

xD

im sick its gay.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
dont act like a **** dude i know i played bad, and i said that in my pervious post. but its also known that i hate falco dittos. you wouldnt have had to fight smiles if u played fox. you could have ***** the other players and gotten us a big advantage. if we would have been ahead i couldve gotten the counter pick and ***** smiles on rainbow cruise. i said you played very well vs him and your only mistake was picking mario, not vs him specifically but i think our match wouldve gone better. seriously dont act like it was all my fault, i think all everyone except cyphus made mistakes in that crew battle. but w/e. we should have won hands down but we didnt. didnt matter at all though because we wouldnt have gotten to fight fl which was a much more noteable foe.

your going to try and blame that **** on me. and that if i would have picked fox i could have ***** the other guys. yeah ****ing right. i wanted to fight smiles for a reason. doc sucks against peach so i didnt want that to happen. i wanted kyle to take out the falco's because you supposedly said kyle ***** falcos. i already knew there was no way you were going to beat smiles. quit being so ****ing depending on me to fight the matches in the game that your n00b *** cant handle and dont tell me who you think i should have picked when you got ***** by picking your space animal. i did well enough. maybe i could actually take some of your advice if you could prove yourself in this game.

im not even actually pissed. it just gets to me that you think everything would have been fine if i would have been fox and your convinced of that and its sad. if your going to continue doing crew battles make sure you can actually do your part and dont depend on me to save your mistakes.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
im thinking about playing doc again

after seeing rices faclo i dotn think i have what it takes to be technical enough to play him, im gonna be sticking with fox though, although fox does need alot of tech skill i think he can be played easyier with out tech crazyness its a more a of wait and approach game Shield/shine/grab/nair and random combos i come up with out of the ble while im playing

and im giving up mario/ill let lee play him, i think my mario is very unique and capable but playing smiles doc i realize doc is way more cooler and my first love, its time to bring back the doc sexyness

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to say it was all my fault, but I definately wasn't on my game in crews. Planning to do better next time.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm promising you all, right here and now, that if I ever get that good at this game, that it will cause me to start and perpetuate shi
tstorms of drama, I'm quitting.

D

Deleted member

lol theres no way i'd beat smiles? you're fscking joking me. i shouldve beat him on fd. the match was last stock 120% i messed up an edgegaurd. i almost 4 stocked him on rainbow cruise. i couldve easily beaten his doc or peach on that stage. all we needed was the ability for me to counter pick. you just being an arrogant child about the whole match. i know i got pwnd by that falco but i mean seriously, doc vs falcons (even though cyphus did well), me in a falco ditto, and your mario vs smile's peach, it was just a recipie for disaster. i dont even know if you should be able to pick your own character next time, we should have a team captain who decides what would be the best for the crew.

Top Bottom