• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Taylor, you probably just hit with the bottom portion of the hit box which is something not easily duplicable. I'd say to post it on the Doc forums, but without a video of something like this, that's the best response you're gonna get probably. Might not hurt to try though, right? : x

Anyway, someone should smash with me this weekend. I would totally drive to you, but it sucks being grounded. :/

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
doc's upsmash has 2 hit zones. if he hits with his head, as aposed ot his face, it'll do a lil more damage and is stronger.if someone is closer to standing in front his face (instead of on top) it has a grouding effect, which is useful at low damage as a buffer for a jab-grab combo because it usually hits the oponent without even lifting them off the ground.
iunno 'bout "spike" but its possible u hit him with that at a very low percent and it was as if he just fell normally, but in stun animation?

thats my best interpretation...otherwise, i'm positive it was just the "invsibile cieling" glitch that just happens 1 outta 1,000 games. I've spiked w/ Ganon's F.smash. sent them up a tiny bit, then immediatley crashing down. (sort of like how Roy's Counter works)
Except do to Doc's upSmash's different hit angles, the cieling would have been right above hte hit box, so a visible lift might just not have been visible.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
choose your baker!
2p has picked muffledome!
1p has picked.... .. ... ..? wtf?

anyway uhm. invisible ceilings, doc upsmash spike. megaman.

megaman should rly be in brawl. htat would be so rockin.

ps.

im an alligator rider.

D

Deleted member

i bad random nonsense. or freddy in general.
man mods dont even check out thread anymore. wheres the love mods ;.;

idk about the invisible ceiling thing but this was totally a spike into the ground. like when falco drilling onto an opponent and they do a little flip animation to show their stun. it totally happened. kyle vouches. im going to try and re create it soon.

so dibbs tonight or tomorrow? im going.

Hahahha you guys. If you usmash someone while they are on the ground, it acts as if you "spiked" them up into the air (they bounce off of the ground like they would if they got daired by falco).

That's normal.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
i bad random nonsense. or freddy in general.
man mods dont even check out thread anymore. wheres the love mods ;.;

idk about the invisible ceiling thing but this was totally a spike into the ground. like when falco drilling onto an opponent and they do a little flip animation to show their stun. it totally happened. kyle vouches. im going to try and re create it soon.

so dibbs tonight or tomorrow? im going.
sweettt what time would you be going tom. or whenever.

btw. i really spout out nonsense all the time. its just when im board and i dont have anything to say.

its basically a way of showing that im still alive.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Nice having you over today, DSK. Some good games. It was also nice meeting this mystery girlfriend of yours.
Did she have anything else to say about my living situation now that she's seen it? (haha)
Anyways, Betsy felt bad because she wasn't able to really say hi or anything. She was busy doing that woman's work.
Oh, and thanks for complimenting my balls.

D

Deleted member

kyle better go to sleep if you know whats good for you.

...***** dozed off real quick...

anyway, cyphus learn to up b cancel. me and tim have been playing around with it and it's awesome. he did it 3 times in a row a sec ago. it's awesome but idk if its really any better than regular up b. alot of ppl say smash mac is a better doc because he does it so well.
LEARN THIS AND YOU WILL BE UNSTOPABLE... maybe.
except vs me of course.

anyway. yeah, dibbs tomorrow. i'd love to see everyone there. my shiek is getting unstopably gay. i even enjoy fighting fox and falco. i especially love falcon, and of course marth.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i used to be able to upb cancel...but most of the time, the oponent at least has some slight DI accidently already inputed, and u can't combo off of it.
elsehow..i rather get the full 12% of upB damage, real good on stages like yoshi (but u already knew that i spammed it there, =])
hm..seems like u've been digging doc lately?
but yea, sheik's all yours, i quit that *****...and only respect to my man, Vaughn, but Zelda is my new Peach counter. rawr.

D

Deleted member

BE AWESOME FFOX VARUNA BEN JAKE AND BAKEEEE

monkey.

and i've just been having fun. i've always played doc a good amount of the time for fun. japanese players have always known doc/mario to be good chars. america just refuses to accept it. i still dont think they're marth shiek lvl but they can be awesome.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be in mississippi for most of my christmas break : /

And I'll probably be starving for smash, I want to get as much as possible in before brawl.

Also Wes I know you think you aren't going to like Brawl but you should atleast try it out with me for a week or so.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Mario a bit lately, I dig him. I just feel so comfortable with him.

And Ken, no problem. And no, she didn't say anything else about it she was too shell shocked from being in a new place with unknown people, she's *ridiculously* shy. Feel like smashing some more today? I'm working on my ganon constantly now.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
BE AWESOME FFOX VARUNA BEN JAKE AND BAKEEEE
I think it's more like:

Matthew (Falcon)
Ben (Falco/Doc)
Ryan (Gannon/Fox/Marth)
Wes (Fox/Marth/*)
Nick (Samus/Fox)

And occasionally:
Toren (Samus)
Lee (Marth)
Tim (Samus)

Ryan's Gannon is getting pretty good.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
taylor-san. do you think i could get a ride with you and kyle to dibbz today if y'all are still going? it would be much appreciated.

D

Deleted member

so cyphus, you posted but didnt tell me if you were going to dibbs. it's no big deal if you aren't, ill still go play with ricky jon and ray, and possibly lee if he showed up. just let me know

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
DSK, I just got back from betsy's office christmas party. Talk about weird.
Anywho, if you want you can come over and smash tonight for a little bit.
I'm just going to be studying downstairs so call if you decide to come or whatever.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Good **** to everyone at dibbz. taylor, you wrecked lee man. that **** was raw. . i would also like to add that i took 2 from john? and i only lost to ricky once out of 5 matches. and i didnt lose to ray at all. awwyeahh. funfunfun. i love all of you goodnight.

D

Deleted member

lol i wouldnt say wrecked lee at all. after all, i almost lost to his young link.
and anyone can lose one match. **** happens.
but thanks for the props. i felt like i did well at dibbz. and i really enjoyed myself.

thx for coming everyone. fun riding with freddy. always good hanging cyphus (as long as religion doesnt come up), and i wish lee could have stayed longer. i didnt even know he left for like 10 mins. too bad jon still thinks he's amazing...

kyle's gay for not coming.
just kidding.

ggs.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think this was the first time, i didn't play john at dibbz. I enjoy playing your sheik taylor, and glad to see an LA pro finally decided to get serious with her.
freddy and dj are both awesome.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Good games, DSK. Your gannon is certainly getting a lot better.
You also seem to be handling my marth a lot better now. =)

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Hey, my muh****in bday is the 21st. Whoever guesses where I'm going gets a ****in cookie. I tell you waht I'm drunkj so i"ll tEll you there I'm goin. ****ni Chuckie cHesse. I'ts goona be awesome. Come to my party it'll be total **** no melee but **** noonethelessss. It took me at least 10 minuetes to write this an dif I ain't mistaken there may be a few grammatical errors, and that's pretty gdammn unusual for me. Also, there's a band playing on the 21st (at night), and they're pretty good, but I think all you *******s liek tekno or some ****, so it doesn't apply to y'all. If y'all like rel music, ask me and I might tell you. And I'm friggin aswesome. I'm probably like to right this tomm when I'm sober and it's cool. And

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm so drunk too! i just finished a 12 pack wy my mexi friend Pablo of Modelo Especial(el oh el!) beer.
btw we're ALL awesome.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
i would like to add that im stoned out of my mind right now. and that im a f|_|cking time machine.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
im awsome

aka im not really caring what anyones psting im just stating the obvious

i havent played smsh in a while all im doing is like being a pimp

im gonna wait for brawl and see whats up i might play melee again i dunno i guessit would be cool im playing guitar hero

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I love this state.

Edit:

The people are pretty cool too.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

D

Deleted member

way for hylian to show up when everyone is talking about how not sober they are...
me and kyle had a few drinks tonight but nothing like iceman lol.

good choice of beer btw cyphus. not my favorite, but definitely a good one.

and we are all awesome....
... cept freddy
HAH jk

D

Deleted member

i demand we have another tournament before last. i want one more pressure game experience to sharpen my skills. we could have it at my new house in the garage if we could get some of those fold down tables. but game ware would probably be better but **** if they would respond to my requests for a tournament...

randall, have any good ideas?

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Well, I talked to Stephen this past Saturday. We can't get one in before Christmas like I hoped because it's too short notice. After Christmas though, Stephen should be able to work the College store on a Saturday, and we can probably have one then. The good thing about Gameware is that we could possibly do biweeklies.

Another option is to go smashfest and not tournament. Or maybe a tournament for only bragging rights. Basically, I can get a room in the Union through Tiger Uppercut for free if there are no entry fees. it's becomes really expensive if we want entry fees, $150 or 15% of what we collect, whichever is higher.

I've thought about trying another Laser Tag tournament, but I'd like to save that for a bigger tournament.

I've also looked into GameLAN, which Freddy mentioned months ago. I didn't go in because it was closed, but it looks like it's way too small to have more than 1-2 tvs. Plus, parking would be a pain: either way back behind the building or on the other side of a fence that you have to go way out of your way to get around. Finally, it looked kinda run-down and stuff. I dunno, maybe it's better than it seemed, but I've ruled it out, especially with a brand new Gameware nearby.

Now, if you wanted to do something at your house, I could probably bring a table or two and maybe some chairs. If a few other people had tables and chairs, it'd be too easy.

Finally, if someone else has a decent sized apartment/ house and doesn't mind having a lot of people over, we can have a tournament there. I know for a fact that Eric's/ Phil's/ Vaughn's won't work; I've already asked. This would work basically the same way as having it at Taylor's place though.

So, I think the best options are: wait out the holiday shopping rush, and have it at Gameware; have it at Taylor's (potentially sooner); or smashfest at the Union. Here's what I think are distinct advantages and disadvantages of each place:

For Gameware:
central location (maybe get LSU smashers), clean, public building, can buy cool stuff with prize money, precedent for future tournies, no real limit on people, food nearby.
Against Gameware: Must wait to hold tournaments: Stephen has bigger concerns than Smash tournaments -> might be January before tournament, no chairs or tables (as far as I know), possible but not likely store cut (10-15%?), limit on setups (3-5), closes (9-10pm?).

For Taylor's: Space for lots of TVs?, no house cut, doesn't close (but we might have to be gone by a certain time)
Against Taylor's: Far away from a lot of people? (I think), no tables/ few chairs(?), potential alcohol (unless you're drunk before you play me, of course), possible limit on people, no food

For LSU:Enough space for however many TVs we want, excellent location for LSU smashers, no entry limit, food in the Union
Against LSU: NO PRIZE MONEY, possibly not even MMs, closes at 10/ 11pm, have to pay for LSU's TVs (can bring our own, and we can maybe get LSU ones free, but that's iffy), far from pretty much everyone else, especially those without cars.

Well, that's what I think our options for tournaments in the near future are. Personally, I'd want a tournament with cash prizes. That'd probably get other cities to come to it, and that'd only help. Taylor's or Gameware are my choices.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Fun games, Ken. Although it pissed my gf off cause I wound up not cooking dinner at all. After you left, I knocked out those last two events, so I have FD now. Next time you come over, I should have all the stages.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Anyone ever thought about how the word public is really close to the word pubic, but they have two completely different meanings? Or how the term "finger puppet" is only alright as a noun?

D

Deleted member

thanks for the awesome layout randall.
my vote is for lsu for now. that way we can get a tourney underway asap and have some at game ware later. we should pick a date, say the weekend before or after christmas (which ever is further from xmas) and decide on the tournament rules (wobbling is banned!), then even if we have the meet at lsu, we can just do it for free. or even if we charged $5 and only got 20 people, 15 for lsu, 60 for fist, 20 for second and 5 for 3rd, so what ever way you look at it it's ok. we can bring our own tv and have a crew to pick them up from ppls cars so they dont have to walk god aweful distances with there junk. i do live rly close to campus now though, so my house isnt any further for lsu students but i have so few tables and chairs. but it's up to everyone else.
peace

D

Deleted member

Potential alcohol isn't really a con exactly.
*agreed*

but at the same time. i get a 24 pack and everyone has 1... im out 20$ and no one is drunk.

it could be hazardous but thats all i'll say.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Sakurai and his team REALLY have thought of everything!!! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Taylor, you may want to re-read FakeGeorge's rundown on LSU, they'd cut 150, not 15.

Top Bottom