• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
Double Blind: Both players pick a character without the other person knowing. This is usually done by one looking away and closing his eyes while the other brings their cursor over the character they want. Once that is done, the person looking away calls out the character they want THEN turns and they go.

Stage Bans: Each player names a stage they wish to ban from being played on. Some rules state you have to do it before the first match, others state it can be done at any time.

The good news is, I just saved hundreds of dollars by switching to Geico! :D

I lie...I don't even know who we use for car insurance.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I figured out today that the world is a pretty good place more or less, eric i might come to ur apartment one day just to play and have fun and do a mm or w/e,

(ya so tomorow the world is gonna probly gonna suck again)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
good and bad our just points of view...just like right and wrong..the world sucking or being awesome..really has nothing to do w/ anything, except you're take on it.
All pain and dissapointment is rooted from desire. Its the ying to their yang.
If you desire love...when it is gone...you'll be sad.
If you desire comfort...when you're hurt..you'll be in pain.
Everything is just relative to what we've grown habit into basing our life around.
The world may seem black and white sometimes..but its really not at all. In fact its not even black or white...or even gray...its all qualities and criteria we add to it. An artificial elementism, i frequenty call it. I found the secret to happiness is to stop caring about everything..and just try to roll with it.

eet

Smash Ace
Yeah, I often think its humorous when people get upset about certain scenarios, since nothing really has any meaning other than what you perceive it to be. And indeed, Nothing is either right or wrong, yet thinking makes it so.

But anyway, I'm awesome.

eet

Smash Ace
taylor-
omg talk about depressive bull****. what kind of a way to live is that. even if you think life is really like that leave it off the board. it also looks like cyphus was drunk when he wrote that.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
taylor-
omg talk about depressive bull****. what kind of a way to live is that. even if you think life is really like that leave it off the board. it also looks like cyphus was drunk when he wrote that.
no, i'm quite sober.
but its funny u find that depressing. Because it has the opposite affect on me. A world without any rules may seem depressing though, if its out of your comfort zone of having rules...so that'd make sense. But it makes me feel truly free. No ties or obligations to anything holding me back. My existance is entirely what i make it, and i have no reason to take anyone else's word on what i should believe or how i should feel about anything. Ignorance may be bliss, but obliviousness is lust. Its a luxury to be stupid...in that its easy not worry or doubt your own beliefs, but the best i can do is just have peace of mind while doing what i like doing..which is ironically analyzing the world.
The whole removal of desire to eliminate suffering, is the golden rule of bhudism...its an impossible goal, but the journey is whats important. I think i'm a happier person now, since i've let go of caring so much. The most important person in my life is me. Everyone is responsible for making themselves happy...and theres no faster way to being happy then trying to make yourself happy, over other people. If everyone did that..the world would simply be a happier place.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
no, i'm quite sober.
but its funny u find that depressing. Because it has the opposite affect on me. A world without any rules may seem depressing though, if its out of your comfort zone of having rules...so that'd make sense. But it makes me feel truly free. No ties or obligations to anything holding me back. My existance is entirely what i make it, and i have no reason to take anyone else's word on what i should believe or how i should feel about anything. Ignorance may be bliss, but obliviousness is lust. Its a luxury to be stupid...in that its easy not worry or doubt your own beliefs, but the best i can do is just have peace of mind while doing what i like doing..which is ironically analyzing the world.
The whole removal of desire to eliminate suffering, is the golden rule of bhudism...its an impossible goal, but the journey is whats important. I think i'm a happier person now, since i've let go of caring so much. The most important person in my life is me. Everyone is responsible for making themselves happy...and theres no faster way to being happy then trying to make yourself happy, over other people. If everyone did that..the world would simply be a happier place.

In other words... sitting on the sofa watching Whos the Boss and eating a bag of fritos

This roach had the nerve to like walk around on my floor like he was suppose to be there

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i hope you squeezed him slowly, savoring the memories of his guts coming out his sides like playdo out of smash-machine.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i hope you squeezed him slowly, savoring the memories of his guts coming out his sides like playdo out of smash-machine.

eww no, i just rolled up an old vocabulary workbook from under my bed and hit him with it, i was like b@tch u dont get to be in here with me, i work alone

eet

Smash Ace
Its not really depressive, but rather looking at life in an analytical perspective, trying to categorize and recognize why we as humans act certain ways. That isn't to say there isn't some universal qualities of life among people (ie. justice) but instead that they only exist in the minds of people. While emotions are only chemical reactions in our brain, Im not saying they arent real, but that just that the emotions create the chemical reactions, not the other way around...

lawl

ps:: you should have caught the roach and let him free outside.

what makes your life more valuable than his? :(

pss: im afraid of roaches :(

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
he shouldnt have wandered his way in here in the first place i mean he must realize that if he comes in here sumthing is gonna happen, he obviosly didnt get the idea when none of his friends came back....

this is how it went....

Roach,"Ya Larry went out "there" a few days ago in search for food and hasnt come back so im gonna go look for him"

D

Deleted member

the reason i said you sounded drunk was the unusually poor grammar and multiple typos, not because of your ideas. i know very well you think like that. i take offense to you basically calling anyone who believes differently from you stupid and ignorant. the topic of God is not something that can be proved either way so it's even more ignorant to pretend you have all the answers. my life has meaning and it is purpose driven. i have free will so i can still do anything i want, but i have good things to aim for, rather than a meaningless existence only meant to bring myself pleasure.
Trust me, i've worried and doubted my own beliefs, but choosing to have faith does NOT make anyone any less of a person. you are an *******. since the most important person in your life is you, you will never get anywhere in life. my friends are far more valuable than i, and God is even above them. you just sound like a selfish prick.

i didnt want to talk about this **** thats why i said leave it off the boards but you piss me the **** off pretending your view on life is the only possible solution and everyone else is ********. if you were truly intelligent you would realize you can't logic through such a problem and you would make a choice with your heart.

eet

Smash Ace
i love smashboards lol

but i dont think cyphus is saying he doesn't value his friendships, hes just taking it one step further by looking at why he associates with friends, and this is because they bring him happiness. So any interaction is kind of a selfish motivation to bring yourself happiness. Its not my favorite way to look at the world (anymore) but I can understand his perspective.

taylor are you goin to the pump tourny or nah?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea..eet pretty much covered my explanation.
i don't mean to undermine friends and god, i'm just saying..maybe you underate yourself? The less people have, the more they are going to value with what little is left. Its practically a scientific law. All i know is, with what little esteem and respect i have for myself, it goes a long way. Why do we do nice things for other people? Because it makes us feel good. There's no escaping being selfish.
but "i take offense to you basically calling anyone who believes differently from you stupid and ignorant. "
maybe you're just insecure about your religion? I don't think i said anything remotely like that. i didn't mean to say people who believe other than my outlook are stupid....i just mean to say people who have no need to challenge their beliefs have it easy. I'm using the example of a stereotypical, stupid human being. He's born and raised into his religion, trained to believe its the "correct way" and never has any motive to learn otherwise. he has the perfect life.
There's 3 kinds of faith, imo.
if u have faith in what you believe, you aren't afraid to challenge it, but if you have real faith you have no reason to challenge it...but those that become defensive, usually are insecure about their faith, if someone esle's words have that much an influence on them.

People can trash my views all they want (good luck though), but it won't shake me one bit, because I have total confidence in my beliefs. I still consider myself open-minded though...since i like to learn about what other people believe. If i really didn't want to hear about other views, then that would imply either i'm not all that secure about my own faith, just closed minded, or the off chance i don't really care.

This is a far more productive topic then you bashing one of LA's smashers online. (so i see no reason to quit this) You don't find it funny with all the people that bump heads, freddy, nicknyte, me, etc..its always with you? If i'm not mistaken you seem to feel people are way more ******** than even me!!
And I'm suppose to be the pessimistic atheist...but you're the one always upset with people...everyone else seems to get along.
me "not caring" goes a long way...including ignoring people's imperfections. (albeit occasionally at the cost of me making fun of, hehe,..its still better than grudging it)

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I totally agree with Cyhpus. I don't care about anything and I do GREAT. You could tell me my house burned down and I would respond with something like,"Hmm, that's great" or, "kewl"

D

Deleted member

"Ignorance may be bliss, but obliviousness is lust. Its a luxury to be stupid...in that its easy not worry or doubt your own beliefs"

im not reading anything beyond you calling me insecure. you attack people with faith, i counter from a logical stand point, and you ignore my argument and attack me on a personal level. im done with you.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
see what happens when i post a positive comment, i think i really am suppose to be negative and depressed it keeps the world right

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i question your faith, because you are seriously oversensitive about it...i wasn't even talking to you or about you..and you explode on me, lol. Mind your own beliefs, you got yourself involved with this. Why would something i say about religion piss you off??!!? If you really have faith in your beliefs, you shouldn't care.

and yea..i did take it personal on purpose talking about the LA smash community. You're not as righteous as you think. I say i'm selfish, and put myself first...and yet, i think the BR guys have alot of respect for me as a person...and you're the one always arguing...w/ freddy, insulting nicknyte publically here, and flame me for talking simple philosophy with shyguy.
you just need to chill out. If you love these friends half as much as you say, you shouldn't be so eager to tear us down.

anyway...i didn't start this fight...and i know everyone else understands what i'm saying and has the intelligence and experience to know i'm anything but a heartless guy. I tried helping shyguy several times, i was mature enough to talk to sudai about his sexuality, i praise and encourage smashers like setsuma that they're getting better ALL the time...you make people feel like ****. gg.
i'm just pullin' a Dr.Phil and telling it like it is...But i think you've already decided you're right and i'm wrong.
btw, i had an awesome time at FCD..i think we got along the best we have in a long time, but yea..i'm sorry that i offended you...and i know you're still gonna be mad, but i'm not gonna let that water down what i feel i should say. respect.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Everyone is different, we all have differerent views on things its what makes us human and is why he have come so far as americans and as human beings in general, just remeber this is a video game and its suppose to be fun ( i had to learn that the hard way)

This is like that episode of southpark where cartman wants the wii, theres like a big argument on religon vs. logic or whatever and how it shapes our future. South Park is awsome the fact that there is a cartoon depicting like one of the biggest issues for us as humans... South Park kinda puts life in perspective for me i think its a good show for adults to help them realize that life isnt suppose to be that hard right now but its good to get that kind of view on things.....

welp im going to go eat a pop tart

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
cyphus, has far earned my respect as a person, and as a smasher. idk, why taylor dislikes him, but w/e, im staying out of this issue

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Congratulations on getting me to talk seriously about something. Normally I'd stay out but I'm pissed off a little bit. Just a little.

You do a nice job of making it seem like everyone is against Taylor, Brandon. I, at least, won't say how they feel, but you should leave me out of your "everyone."

"anyway...i didn't start this fight...and i know everyone else understands what i'm saying and has the intelligence and experience to know i'm anything but a heartless guy."

Who started the fight is debatable, but it was crystal clear when Taylor tried to end it. I don't understand what you're saying, and whether or not I'm smart enough or experienced enough to find you nice, really doesn't have anything to do with what you are saying. But, according to you, only the smart and experienced people understand.

What I'm most bothered by in the overwhelming overconfidence that you talk with. Perhaps you've spent so much time thinking about it all that you feel like you're the expert. It's condescending, and it is everywhere in your posts. I found what you said before depressing too, because it isn't the whole truth, but you say it so simply as if it were fact.

Both of you must be sure of yourselves in your own heads. Taylor had enough sense to know argueing with you wouldn't get anywhere though. Not only did you not give up on it, but you're acting like everyone agrees with you. Can you really believe the world would be a better place if everyone had the same sort of selfishness as you? That's only the way you've chosen to live, everyone else has to find their own way. Go ahead, try and help the people who don't have their own way, but I don't remember Taylor ever asking you.

Arrogance is fine. I'd be a hippocrite to say otherwise, but don't throw your weight around. Somethings we should just keep to ourselves.

I don't care what you're beliefs are. They aren't important to me, and in our day to day relations they won't make any difference. What I'm trying to by that is, the fact one of you is an atheist and the other isn't wouldn't even matter if you never argued about it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, Matt I asked if you wanted to play on Wednesday XD

But yeah, I want to do something thsi saturday.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually...its not debatable who started the fight..i was giving SHYGUY advice and taylor posted:
"omg talk about depressive bull****. what kind of a way to live is that. even if you think life is really like that leave it off the board. it also looks like cyphus was drunk when he wrote that."
Thats undeniably the first swing in this fight.

but anyway, i respect you...ur a guy who speaks only when theres something worth to be said, so i'll listen to what you have. I guess i don't really have an excuse for how the way i talk, and it doens't seem as condescending as ya'll make it out to be, but i'll take ur word on it and keep that in mind.

As far as "intelligent and experienced" people go...u should know enough about my character, as off topic as this has gotten. I've volunteered to help clean up your apartment, i treat you with manners, i pitch in financially to w/e is going on, i usually try to cool down confrontations going on...I think i'm a pretty good guest.

And as "selfish" as i say i am, i'm a decent human being. Me calling myself selfish doesn't hold the same deffinition as it would for someone who isn't looking at it in the same way as me. For me..its a self-actualization, not a greed-thing. Tell me, do you think i'm a selfish person? My actions should speak louder than my words....seriously.

Nature has given me the gift to value my life first...and i see no reason to dishonor that...and i can respect and build friendships with everyone along the way.
Not once did i say "there is no god" or "life is meaningless"...i think those are assumptions, since i am an atheist, that are easily infered ideas from my other statements...but i intentionally kept that out since it would cause problems..but apparently not saying it, wasn't good enough.
but actually...i think u should just reread my above post...really.
disect it....well...and tell me i'm wrong.
I didn't want this to be a popularity contest...but i was just trying to give shyguy some advice...and i get mud thrown in my face about me being a heartless person. I'm just saying......i don't have to defend myself on those terms...i know i have the mutual respect from many people here...and its pretty obvious why. I'm an encouraging person who enjoys helping. I shouldn't even have to mention how taylor downtalks people in their face and on the boards to win this battle.
I appreciate your input kyle, though. Its always welcome. i suppose i'm done now....

edit: also...i have been drinking. but thats of no concern to this.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I never questioned your character or your value as a human being. I tried to make it clear what was bothering me.

Speaking from my experience, stoicism will never really make you happy. It is the easiest way to avoid pain, but that sort of attitude will only leave you empty in the end. A world of people like that would be a utopia not worth living in.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
This is a story i made up its kind of gross but it has a good moral to it.

This woman grows up in a strict religious family and she is taught never to have any relationship with a boy ever. shes goes on living like this her whole life never giving up her virginity and basicly lives a life alone and barren.

One day she decides that she would like to raise a son but without the means of natural intercourse that she was taught was evil. So she goes to a medical clinic and asks how she can get prenant and they say we have this specimen that we can place into u to make
u become preganant.

So she ends up giving birth to the boy and raises her exactly like she was taught in a strict religious way.

OK now the boy is 15 One day the boy gets punched in the nose at school and comes home at firrst he doesnt think anything is wrong but snot starts coming out of his pe nis. So he goes up to his mom and says i got puched in the nose and look what happens so he pulls down his pants and says mom look when i do this to my peni s snot comes out of it. The mom at first isnt quite sure what the boy is doing so she takes him to the doctor.

So they get into the doctors office and the Mom says alright now go on and show him, so the boy says i got punched in the nose and starts jerking off in front of the doctor, The Doctor goes, "omg what r u doing. the kid says im trying to show u want is gonna happen.

So they have the mother aressted for doing what she did, since the kid was still a minor.

The mother spends the rest of her life in jail on a simple miscommunication and the boy goes on without a family and starts a new life where he grows up naturally in the world and finds a beatiful woman and has his own family. Now the kid still uses the religious morals he was taught by his mother but he was able to go about reproducing naturally and has a happy life....

Edit * Ok I found one discrepency in my story and that is women do get there periods around the age of 12 or whatever. So when this happened her father just told her its what happens to girls at that age every month(as a way to repent evil sins or something). and didnt give her any scientific explantion or reasons for its purpose

You could also say wouldnt the woman could have learned about sexual roproduction in school, but my counter to that is her parents wouldnt have let her teachers teach her that

D

Deleted member

"omg talk about depressive bull****. what kind of a way to live is that. even if you think life is really like that leave it off the board. it also looks like cyphus was drunk when he wrote that."

i wouldnt call your original response to shyguy "Advice." he was having a good day and you seemed to burst his bubble. my original response was not to put you down but to reinforce the good feeling that shyguy had. you may believe what you said but that is not the only path in life. he can choose to be happy and have joy all the time but it seemed like you didnt want that for him. i think you should leave anything that is depressing off the board. i've been flamed myself for making people feel worse here, (even though that has never been my intention) so i dont see how you should be allowed to do so. saying you were drunk didn't have anything to do with the post and wasn't meant to be negative; as i've already explained me and kyle both thought your typing was off with many typos and improper grammar.

as far as my quarrels with nicknyte and freddy, comments i say are simply taken the wrong way and create arguments. mr. j asked me my opinion of nicnkyte and i told him exactly what i thought. why sugar coat it? i've always been very straight forward. i love nicknyte as a person and i think freddy will be really cool one day too. it's alot easier for you cyphus to get along with him because you don't seem him every day. imagine trying to help someone every way you can but always having it thrown back in your face. it gets annoying after a while and i lash back. ever since i've met freddy i've tried to give him advice on life (which he takes to heart more than smash advice), and advice on ssbm aswell. most of the time, the latter gets thrown back in my face and after a while i get annoyed, but then i get over it and we're cool again. you act like everyone here is against me but really i think for the most part everyone likes me, and even if they don't like me all the time they always respect me. you shouldnt try to turn all my own ****** on me and i agree with everything kyle said. thanks for coming out btw kyle.

i tried to end all of this last post but you continued to talk. if we could not mention this again it would be greatly appreciated. i can respect you as a good smasher and understand your opinions but i'm really sick of me asking you to not talk about such subjects and they be continually brought up. i think if anything continues i'm just going to keep my mouth shut.

much love to kyle, freddy, nicknyte, eric, lee, and everyone else in br.

D

Deleted member

one liners are for noobs. they should count words instead of posts. la would be mods already. for no reason.

Top Bottom