• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wow, so ah I just won my first tourney at gamtrader.

Pretty excited but still, it was kinda gayed because of the setup there. Still, I'm pretty proud of meself and got $100 gift card.

RAM

Smash Lord
Wow, so ah I just won my first tourney at gamtrader.

Pretty excited but still, it was kinda gayed because of the setup there. Still, I'm pretty proud of meself and got $100 gift card.
You Lucky Lucky Man everytime I attended for the last month I only kept getting 35 or 40 store credit :( O well Congrats and spend it wisely, as for me I bought a bunch of 64 crap and had a blast from the past. ( it sounds corny but I care less how it sounds )

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
XD

Ram, Matt and I were like so worried you were going to show up and take all the money away. I mean it'd have been awesome as hell to play against your Luigi. But I'd hate to have to face it in that kind of a tourney. Especially because the setup for the tourney is pretty dumb. :/ (No losers, 1 match = 1 set?).

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
wo wo wo wo wo...... hold on!!

you would actually look foward to playing against a Luigi....... man I feel for u in sooo many ways....... I mean after I have played against Ram's Luigi almost daily if I have to play against any other Luigi ever I am going Zelda lol. but props on wanting to play aginst Luigi.

Luigi cheats worse than peach!!!!!! lol 234 aireals...... in one short hop......... urgh no way lol lol

Im just messin playing Ram's Luigi is always fun and hearing him yell things during the match when he gets into it like "FINISH HIM!" or "I'M GOING TO MISFIRE 50 TIMES A SECOND!!!" yea I cant even stop laughing long enough to move...... then he gets me. lol

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
thats cool, uhm, who would want to come to a smash fest (unfortinately there will be a limit.. but its like 15 people) or tourny, im thinking 5$ intree fee, 15% goes to house, and the rest of the profit goes to 1st 2nd? dunno, i wanna do a round robbin at my house in the next couple of weeks, so i guess inform me if yall feel like doing it.

Ill post the date when i figure it out :D

RAM

Smash Lord
BTW Sars How is Matt? I did'nt come cause this week is Thanksgiving and last week I had off from work so that's two weeks right there. anyway hopefully I'll catch ya next time for some friendlies.

Jackets

Smash Rookie
hey sars nice job btw. your friend's puff pissed me off XD, and yea i agree it shouldve been a better set up, i wish more people wouldve gone tho, less of a chance of us having to play each other. we should do it again soon.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Yeah, you pewpy head, you knocked me out second round. Besides the fact that you are better, my hands were freezing and my fingers wouldn't move! I wanted to play matt, that would've been fun. The setup is gay though, I'd have to admit. 1 match and on only FD... so whens that jesuit tourney, and whats your aim?

I still can't believe I found yew. I just heard some kids says SARS_Pirate and I was liek "wtf0rk I met him on smashboards!"

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
@ RAM: Ah Matt's doing cool and all. His falco still gets a lot of attention from everyone around him (everybody at the tourney tries to use Falco now because of Matt though they fail . . . XD).

@ Jackets: Yeah dude. I went back and played Entel's Jiggs (Ryan = Entellegantlozer = the guy who posted above me) with Falco and he went and destroyed me pretty bad too.

@ Battousai: >_> Give you a hint about my AIM name. It starts with Sars and ends with Pirate ;) Anyways the details about the Jesuit tourney are still sketchy. Unfortunately I'm not the one running it, though the dude who is started this tourney because he knew I wanted one (so I guess I owe him one >_>). It'll be in the announcements so ah listen for it.

@ Everyone else: Happy thanksgiving dudes. And we also need to set up another major tourney event. I think everyone here is itching to do something with a more "official" feel to it you know? And like I've said a bajillion times before, I want to play you guys!!! >_<

Sudai

Stuff here
This thread is getting huge! :x

Sets, You know I'd be game, but what's with the 15% going to the house? Don't think you could win it and get the money? ;P

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
well, i could win, but the chances are that EET would prolly be there, and yeah, would be interesting, but im sure he would win hehe.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
If EET won it, and 2nd got 15%, and you got second, that means house would still get 15%. Unless you're scared you're not gonna get second, either. I'd be if I were you, esp if Mary showed up, or Taylor came out of retirement, or that Ice fella (I forget his real name) comes in and *****.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Mary quit, taylor would prolly come, but taylor prolly wouldnt be the problem.. idk, and i would prolly get cyphus and lee to go, but i do want to win, so idk

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Mary quit? T_T I thought his falco owned.

As long as I get some smash time in, I don't care. :p

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Well guys, turkey day sucked, but I only have two more weeks of school and then x-mas break. Thats from Dec. 10 till January 14. I will be home and around some smashers finally. I need to smash with some one when I go on break. I already know i'll get pwned the first couple of matches as I have no one to play really.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yesterday i worked 11 hours...it was the 'zomg-big-sale-of-the-year' at target..so yea.i got *****.and today i work 9 hours...so yay? holiday season is getting nasty...
and ehh..i got 2 weeks of school left as well, and i got all my finals coming up so...bleh. been busy-busy-busy...

so like..iunno, if theres ever a tourney around here, i guess i'd have to know in big advance sadly...aka not gonna happen (lol)-since all our tournies are last minute decisions anyway, hehehe.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
dude i was looking at past posts, and this thread sucks now.. we need to get alot of people back into this **** game. like, no one plays much anymore : /

Jackets

Smash Rookie
Sets, dont be so quick to judge. lots of people play nowadays. for instance, me and avery go to Sars's house to play sometimes, and they also have lots of people who dont post......altho they may not be any good, they are still players, but i can understand about the game needing to be brought back. there should really be better hosted, and official tournoments around my area(this game trader bull **** gets on my nerves >_<) if anyone wants to start hosting some regulation rules around here, im game, and im sure they'll have many others that will want to play as well.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Dibbz said they'd allow bi-weeklies . . . Yet I can only think of like 12-13 people who'd be any good that'd show up.

Mary

Smash Rookie
i kinda quit. i would still like to play. its just that everyone in my smash group has abandoned the game, and i dont have much time for it anymore. i might show up to a tourney every once in a while though.

wee, i got a wii.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Mary, you suck :[ but i can understand that you dont have much time : / but yeah, people we need to stop suckin a*zz and we need to host some d*am regulation tourny.

Jackets

Smash Rookie
yea, that would be really nice. maybe we can convince a store to have monthlies or something >_>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

All I'm going to say is that La Place is a nice local inbetween New Orleans and Baton Rouge and has a gametrader that may be willing to allow us to host monthlies . . .

Have to get calling though.

Other than that the other locations I'm thinking of are:

Dibbz (weekdays only, plus the local . . . not so awesome)
Gametrader (Esplanade mall)
Area 51 (Internet Cafe according to Jackets)
There is a PC Cafe near LSU . . . forgot the name
Possibly Gamestop (2 in NO area)

And with that I have to write my essays for UT and BU. X_X

Jackets

Smash Rookie
yea, ive never been to area 51. its an internet cafe on stumpf blvd.(****) if anyone wants to go check it out, go for it. i have no idea whats its like tho.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
F*u*ck Yeah!!!!!!! Bakemonkey Youre Awesome! and, yeah im most def comming and i can prolly bring a tv.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Ralph is planning on holding a tournament sometime in December at his place. He doesn't have have a date yet, but I'm hoping after Christmas, when everybody is out of school. He'll probably charge some sort of entry fee, and that will go to cover foodstuffs/ prizes. I don't know what format he's thinking about, but I've mentioned how a lot of people seem to want a big round robin. His apartment can support 5 maybe 6 tvs, so it is feasible.

I know he mentioned he was going to host a tourney seventeen thousand pages back, but it wasn't ever mentioned again. However, as far as I know, there will still be one, and it will be "by the end of the year." I just want to remind people that there will be a tournament in BR in the near future.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
yeah, but like, i dont care, and i can be 18 for a day, also, my parents wouldnt care at all hahaha so yeah, im going, because im awesome

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Setsuma, I remember you from the last tourny, so I grant you a pardon to come to my tourny. So its is written, so shall it be.

Of the 17 or so already confirmed people, they are all over 18, and I hate to start the rule, but Im seriously just covering my own ***, since it's at my place. Oh well, I hope to see you guys there.

Eet, will you be coming? I assume Nicknyte, Lee and Cyphus will come, since they came to the last one and seemed to have a good time. Also SirSka will definetely be there.

Top Bottom