• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Does this mean the 3DS version will be released by then? Maybe. Hype??

ChKn

Smash Ace
I hope we get more than one Best Buy location in Louisiana this year. I think there was only one E3 st yearNintendodemo in this state la

VVB

SD Champ
We have a couple places in the works - still waiting on answers for a couple. We have a reception hall that's kinda in Broussard that we may be able to use and some of the rec centers in town might be an option, too. We have a couple more place to connect with, but we're still on the hunt. I'd just hate to do all this work to secure a venue and no one shows.

We're trying to stay away from bars for venues. They're super distracting and quite a hassle with age restrictions and whatnot.

Last edited:

Pritch

Smash Lord
Try getting with and books too for your venue if they still exist. I remember going to tournaments there for smash, magic, all sorts of ****. It's a pretty tight place.

VVB

SD Champ
Try getting with and books too for your venue if they still exist. I remember going to tournaments there for smash, magic, all sorts of ****. It's a pretty tight place.
I'm gonna try and give them a shout, but they typically look down to holding anything other than magic, yu-gi-oh, and some table top games. Their hours on the weekends are kinda wonky, too.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I don't remember who used to host tournaments there, but I definitely drove over from nola for at least one melee event over there, might have been more. So it's definitely happened in the past.

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
I really want to go to another offline tourney again, wish I could go to whobo

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
We have a couple places in the works - still waiting on answers for a couple. We have a reception hall that's kinda in Broussard that we may be able to use and some of the rec centers in town might be an option, too. We have a couple more place to connect with, but we're still on the hunt. I'd just hate to do all this work to secure a venue and no one shows.

We're trying to stay away from bars for venues. They're super distracting and quite a hassle with age restrictions and whatnot.
I would most definitely come

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Ben, I'd definitely go, as long as it's not on the same dates as my monthlies I'm running...

Also, I'm making the super-late decision to go to WHOBO, is there anyone who is need of a teammate for Brawl/Melee/PM? You guys should know who I use by now...

VVB

SD Champ
Ben, I'd definitely go, as long as it's not on the same dates as my monthlies I'm running...

Also, I'm making the super-late decision to go to WHOBO, is there anyone who is need of a teammate for Brawl/Melee/PM? You guys should know who I use by now...
We would make sure it wouldn't conflict with any other LA monthly. We want to make it to everyone else's events, too.

Well, I think that settles it - we're definitely going start a series here. I'll keep you guys updated. If anyone has input on preferred dates or connections with a venue in town, let me know.

PS. - <3

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Yo, Lafayette is only 2 hours from my home town. So long as it features PM I'd be down to come to that as well.
@ RuslinJimmies RuslinJimmies this is farther in the future but the Lafayette series could be the closest thing to a we'd have to a nearby monthly this coming summer

Also I'm going to WHOBO I am preee hype
EDIT: Anybody here familiar with WHOBO? They said they have a 200 person registration cap. They didn't meet that in their online registration. Will they start denying people at the door if they reach that number with in-person registrations? That'd really suck for those of us that are going to be traveling 4+ hours for it.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
****Calling out to any PR panelists***

Summercon is coming up soon (late June). Now is the best time to get together and forumulate a new PR (Brawl, Melee, 64, and P:M). We've had signficant growth since the beginning of the year and the PR needs to be updated to reflect said growth. It will also help all the TO's at Summercon seed people as accurately as possible when creating their respective brackets.

Last edited:

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482

I'll team with u if u absolutely cannot find anyone better lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok, I'll let you know once I narrow it down.

RJ, same goes with you for Melee teams. I'm gonna be teaming with Espy for PM.
I thought Espy hated P:M with an undying passion because it "destroyed Sonic as a character". :O

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
What's up DrinkingFood, if you make it out to any Lafayette locals that would be legit. I'm Fenris on the Netplay IRC.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Oh howdy there fenris
yeah i'll def try to make it once those Lafayette tournies get started up, just hope I got more money to spare by then because WHOBO is really putting a strain on muh fight money

Turazrok

Smash Master
Armored moves are a great mechanic that adds fun and promotes deep gameplay, thanks PM devs.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Armored moves are also a way to promote variety in game design for slow characters instead of turning everyone into fox, falco, or Marth. Would you rather bowser's powerful Nair hit frame 3, or that it hit frame 8 and just have armor to buff its priority without making it particularly crazy in speed? Same goes for the rest of his moves.
If you want they could always give bowser a sword. If you don't want him to have speed or armor based priority, the only thing left is crazy disjoint. And a shine. Bowser needs a shine.

Last edited:

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
We would make sure it wouldn't conflict with any other LA monthly. We want to make it to everyone else's events, too.

Well, I think that settles it - we're definitely going start a series here. I'll keep you guys updated. If anyone has input on preferred dates or connections with a venue in town, let me know.

PS. - <3
That's awesome, I'm really excited

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
chiming in before this thread turns into a ****storm of, "no my smash game is better, your game sucks," "your opinions are wrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong."

also gj to that dude starting up those lafayette monthlies, do your best!

Top Bottom