• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Yo Taylor, I know you're rooming the texas people, have you got room for three more though? Rex, RJ, and I would like to come down friday night to prepare and practice and do friendlies, we'll probably leave sunday since none of us have anywhere to be this weekend, and the more friendlies afterwards, the better.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Trey went 1-2 and also had a bye in PM pools.

I did the same, my bye was a DQ tho.

0-2 in brawl for me. :c

Pritch

Smash Lord
Oh damn justin. I just sort of assumed you were at apex and didn't bother to hit you up, but we just had pretty much every tulane melee player plus avery, ian and me hanging out watching the apex stream and playing for most of the evening/night. Now I feel bad for not inviting you (and ran for that matter). That said though, some number of us will probably end up doing the same thing tomorrow, so I'll text you if that happens.

TeejM

Smash Rookie
I've recently taken an interest in competitive Smash Bros. and was wondering what the odds are of there being a tournament in Alexandria or somewhere close?

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'm the not competitive player in Alexandria/Pineville. There are a few in marksville but I have never met them. I don't have a car yet but drop me a pm. I play all the smash games

ICEBOURG23

Smash Rookie
Eet, Omnismash is a good 12-13 hours away. ...heh....thanks for mentioning me :)

OH BTW: Everyone from Louisiana must come to this tournament. It's the last of the summer, I think. That means you, Cyphus, and Zelse, and everyone....yeah.
hey man im from louisiana but i live in florida now. feel like brawling online? is there any tourneys in florida that anyone knows f i would love to join one

ICEBOURG23

Smash Rookie
anyone on here feel like brawling? im new to this site. i wanna up my game a bit anyone want a challenge? im originally from Louisiana but i moved to florida.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You might want to check the Florida threads and tournament listings.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I've recently taken an interest in competitive Smash Bros. and was wondering what the odds are of there being a tournament in Alexandria or somewhere close?
YOU HAVE DECENT TIMING
RuslinJimmies, my roommate Rex, and I are going down to Wintercon in Baton Rouge this weekend (we're leaving friday evening or afternoon), we'll be passing through Alexandria on the way there, where we'll pick up RJ. We can pick you up there too, if you like. Wintercon is one of LA's big smash events, you'll want to attend if you're serious about smash. Gas will be split four ways between us if you come, probably only like 10-15 dollars. Venue fee is 10, each singles event is 10, each doubles is five per person. I'm not sure what games you like, but honestly don't care so long as you're willing to grace us with your company and your gas money for the ride down there, lol.

I'm only quoting this to get your attention
Yo Taylor, I know you're rooming the texas people, have you got room for three (maybe four) more though? Rex, RJ, and I (and pending the above player) would like to come down friday night to prepare and practice and do friendlies, we'll probably leave sunday since none of us have anywhere to be this weekend, and the more friendlies afterwards, the better.

D

Deleted member

yes yall can stay with me but expect to be kept up late with loud people and uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. if you are cool with that then it's a-okay

Lol Brandon's falco almost lost to my pichu
i 3 stocked brandon's fox twice in what would have been a money match but he chicken'd out (with my pichu). just sayin'

I look forward to seeing your peach in action. It will definitely be a first for me.
it's definitely one of my rougher ones but ill be fine

$2 MM against Taylor in best of 3 set in Melee. Yoshi dittos, dedicated to Amsa.
super down.

yo i hear taylors yoshi is bad
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

D

Deleted member

hey man im from louisiana but i live in florida now. feel like brawling online? is there any tourneys in florida that anyone knows f i would love to join one
why would you quote wes from 9 years ago randomly? that seems really disrespectful and i dont see any relevance to anything you said.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeejM

Smash Rookie
Actually I'm the not competitive player in Alexandria/Pineville. There are a few in marksville but I have never met them. I don't have a car yet but drop me a pm. I play all the smash games
I'm not really competitive either, but I'll send you a pm with more information.

TeejM

Smash Rookie
YOU HAVE DECENT TIMING
RuslinJimmies, my roommate Rex, and I are going down to Wintercon in Baton Rouge this weekend (we're leaving friday evening or afternoon), we'll be passing through Alexandria on the way there, where we'll pick up RJ. We can pick you up there too, if you like. Wintercon is one of LA's big smash events, you'll want to attend if you're serious about smash. Gas will be split four ways between us if you come, probably only like 10-15 dollars. Venue fee is 10, each singles event is 10, each doubles is five per person. I'm not sure what games you like, but honestly don't care so long as you're willing to grace us with your company and your gas money for the ride down there, lol.
Thanks for the invite, but because I'm 16, and, more importantly, have school, I can't go. That's the main reason I was looking for local events. It would take some kind of convincing to get my parents to let me go with y'all.

D

Deleted member

So are RJ and DF the same carpool? Trying to get a handle on how many people are staying with me so far.

Apparently they are. Has anyone else requested housing with me?e

Curlz

Smash Lord
So now that I'm back from APEX, I'm so hype for SmashCon. I got a lot of playing time with good players so I'm ready to play my locals. :)
Also, I'm winning Injustice at SmashCon. I call it. :D

Top Bottom