• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Man, asking me nicely? No, I think I'll be fine saying what I want to say.

BSP's right in that people are just starting drama and there's no big deal to be had.

Mura's picture contradicts absolutely nothing Lee has presented in thread. It also shows absolutely nothing for anyone to be up in arms about.
Ok, continue your vendetta with Mura, because I can guarantee that is the only reason you barged in...not to tell him he's wrong, but to troll him. That's actually been the only reason you've paid a visit the past few times. inb4Leewelcomesyouwithopenarms

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
aaaand get pooped on jnig last match by my mk.. i was going for your throat. Stop playing so ****ing gay.. If you think i play gay.. i only play gay when you play gay which is ALWAYS. oh and 15:50 in that match... exposed for abusing your gay character.
I'm not sure what you're seeing at 15:50, other than I spotdodged for the 50th time when I shouldn't have, and I waft-stage-spiked you...

Looking back at Lee's post about ignoring people, you can clearly see him attacking Jnig for no apparent reason. But did anyone say anything about it? Jnig's too afraid of conflict to speak up for himself. The other Brawl players are either afraid of conflict or don't want to challenge Lee because he'll have backup from the old elitists. And of course, the old Melee elitists know just how much of an ******* Lee is being, but they're too buddy-buddy to confront him. It's time that you newer posters take this **** over. You guys don't have to put up with this *******ry, but you've gotta stop being meek and submitting to the so-called veterans. That's why I start ****, because you guys need to learn how to not take **** from other people.
He responded to my post of our matches. There were multiple times that he exposed me, and I'll admit that. He did indeed go aggro last match, and I wasn't prepared. I accept that my playstyle is considered "gay" by some, and haters gonna hate. If I have haters, I must be doing something right. But if I were to change my playstyle to fit other's needs, then you'd see me go stupid aggro and get hit by everything. Wario is a pugilist character, which means he easily will get out-ranged, and his moves aren't fast enough that I can keep applying pressure in a safe manner. So I must bob and weave. That involves a gratuitous amount of dodging, mainly because I have NOTHING that can beat any of MK's aerials.

I'm afraid of conflict? More like smart enough to avoid it. They say choose wisely, that's why I was chosen.

How about no one has to "take over" anything, and we try to get along. Enough with this "fight the power" mentality. People should just accept other's opinion as just that: an OPINION. Respect it and move on. We could be having friendly convos about UMvC3, Skyrim, Smash Bros, banging hoes, etc. But no, people just HAVE to be salty...

I wouldn't've done this if Lee wasn't lieing about how he feels about Justin, but I feel this is necessary.

You see, this **** isn't just a joke, no matter how people try to cover it up as one.
Hmm, thanks for the motivation, David Michael Soublet.

Now for the long-awaited response. I'm goin in:

I will note he starts with "I have no respect for ANY of the brawl players." (added emphasis is mine)
Hyro has school johns, and I commend him for choosing school over Brawl. Sure, losing to Brawlman may have been the scapegoat for him to quit, but don't give Brawlman too much credit.
Ok, not I see why you've never hyped me up, Lee. You don't even think I'm any good. I'll remember that.
You put ADAM! in the same category as Hyro? No offense, Adam, but NDC right now, and sure, you and Adam have your little Skype chats and shit, and Adam has been working hard on his tech skill. But there's a difference between knowing tech skill and knowing when to apply it. Hyro got to that stage, and was acclaimed for creating original stuff. Adam? He's LEARNING still. Give him time to learn to apply his skill, then you can be his fanboy.
My strategy: jumping (cuz Wario's ground game is ass), spamming air dodge (cuz MK's aerial game is IMPOSSIBLE to beat as Wario, so I have to avoid it), and spotdodge (yes, I'll admit I use it too often, you exposed that to beat me), and running out the timer to build a fart (you think I WANT to run out the timer? Just by the nuances of our matches, they last long enough for me to use at least 2 wafts. Gee, I'm not gonna NOT use it at all, and I'm not going to use it super early when it sucks. I use it when it's strongest, and that takes time. My strat does not live or die by the waft. You'd rather me jump offstage and go after you when you plank? Or when you keep throwing out short hop aerials, you want me to run into those too?)

And for everyone arguing about this: Why do you care? He didn't attack any of yall initially, just me.

And I lost some respect for you Lee. You can't criticize me directly, you'd rather shit talk on facebook. If you or anyone else wanna talk, I'm on Skype.

*exhales*

Candul

Smash Cadet
Have runes and rush gunblade... 57% SPELL CAMP!!!

I really miss old evelynn. Third champ I bought and I still love her after the nerfs. She still bad though. Sivir is the best champ in the game and reekoshay is the best ability.

:phone:
i play a lot of sivir these days because ON THE HUNT is for pros that hate silly ashe players.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Thanks for the response Justin. I don't look at it as talking **** behind your back. I just consider you a friend and wouldn't want to offend you. I know you play to win and so do I. I wasn't particularly trying to single you out. We were arguing about something completely different and I was just giving examples. If you lost respect for me, I'm sorry for that. I'd be happy to make it up to you by going over all our matches and showing you what you could be doing different in certain situations.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
i play a lot of sivir these days because ON THE HUNT is for pros that hate silly ashe players.
Sivir too sexy. Look at that outfit *****.

@ryker. Sivir puts out mare damage than vayne or kog late game with equal farm. It's just that 425 range, your laning isn't viable against other support+carry lanes. I mean caitlyn's +50 range on ashe gives her nightmares in lane. Now remember that Sivir's best match in lane would be kog with plus 75 range. Her average matchup would be +100 or better (new graves). Her laning is just atrocious but she kinda ****s on teams with impatient tanks. Residual damage too good.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm afraid of conflict? More like smart enough to avoid it. They say choose wisely, that's why I was chosen.

How about no one has to "take over" anything, and we try to get along. Enough with this "fight the power" mentality. People should just accept other's opinion as just that: an OPINION. Respect it and move on. We could be having friendly convos about UMvC3, Skyrim, Smash Bros, banging hoes, etc. But no, people just HAVE to be salty...
^^This!! SO HARD, THIS!!

Words cannot describe how much I dislike most of the people in this thread right now. Instead of trying to keep everything friendly like what most decent people would try to do, the fire just keeps getting fueled. And you guys wonder why we don't talk about SMASH??? Take a look at this thread and tell me what you guys have been doing and then we can talk about why smash is never discussed.

All of your arguing is completely stupid anyway. There's never much "debate" at all, if you would even call it that. It's just people flaming each other back and forth. It's ****ing ********.

I like most of the posters here in real life, new and old. On this forum, however, you guys are atrocious.

It's not just the new posters either, the older posters have issues of their own as well. I'm tired of the newer posters thinking that they just HAVE to troll on every one of their posts (Turaz, Nitez, etc.) and I'm tired of the older posters thinking that they can attack anyone whenever they feel like (Taylor, etc.). There's no reason for this garbage. If we all just learned to respect each other, we wouldn't have these pointless arguments.

Mura, seriously, stop instigating all of these god awful arguments. Ever since I've started posting here again, you've been blowing way too many things out of proportion. And to make things worse for yourself and others, you flame people while you're arguing. I would think that you, of all people, would know that debates should be done in an orderly manner. I mean, Jesus Christ, man. I'm only gonna say this one more time. THEY'RE JUST OPINIONS.

Seriously, guys. Don't make me start reporting people again like I did last time. This is just ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

**** it nevermind that huge post.

but all the kids of this thread just prove everything negative ive ever said

also vaughn, youve always been really good at making it seem like youre the good guy and never **** up, but if someone pisses you off with something they say, youre quick to disagree with them like everyone else. im not holding this against you, its a popular attribute among this thread, but seeing you act like everyone else argues and youre just trying to keep the peace is kind of annoying.

this being said, you shouldnt tell people to not ignore others. its the best thing to happen to this thread in a long time. i havent had to tell anyone they were being ignorant at all. but i did have to log out to understand what the hell is going on at the moment and the only real thing i even care to say is: mura is the king of *****es. everyone else is a grown *** man compared to him.

that being said, we should continue the ignoring. i wrote a ****ing essay but decided that was inappropriate and would only cause more problems (WAY more than this post) so i delted it.

Candul

Smash Cadet
Sivir too sexy. Look at that outfit *****.

@ryker. Sivir puts out mare damage than vayne or kog late game with equal farm. It's just that 425 range, your laning isn't viable against other support+carry lanes. I mean caitlyn's +50 range on ashe gives her nightmares in lane. Now remember that Sivir's best match in lane would be kog with plus 75 range. Her average matchup would be +100 or better (new graves). Her laning is just atrocious but she kinda ****s on teams with impatient tanks. Residual damage too good.

i believe they are buffing or did buff her range.?

-Ran

Smash Master
Salt is important. Often times it can bring profound change, but salt of the sake of salt will only bring unnecessary dissonance. When salt is properly applied to chips at Chili's, everyone at the table can enjoy it, but when someone purposefully injects unnecessary amounts, the unlimited nature of the chips must be tested. Unfortunately, the waiter will not honor the wasted chips in the wake of the self-inflicted, unnecessary salt.

Salted chips are nothing new. Stop being the nightmare table for the waiter.

Turazrok

Smash Master
How do I troll in every single one of my posts lol. My last 5 were stuff about how much I like mute city lmao?

'V'

Smash Lord
also vaughn, youve always been really good at making it seem like youre the good guy and never **** up, but if someone pisses you off with something they say, youre quick to disagree with them like everyone else. im not holding this against you, its a popular attribute among this thread, but seeing you act like everyone else argues and youre just trying to keep the peace is kind of annoying.
I know I disagree with people. Everybody does it at some point, though I will at least try to start a decent debate with the other person and not engage a flame war with them for like 3 pages straight like some other people. Differences will occur, but we can at least try to talk like civilized people. I'm not really trying to keep peace here necessarily, but I would like to try to keep the flaming to a minimum.

Shoot, one of my first conversations in my coming back to this thread was an argument with Mura over Melee, of course.

Anyway, Ken's gonna be free today around 4:30. We should decide on a place to play or something. I've been looking forward to playing with you guys for quite some time now.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Salt is important. Often times it can bring profound change, but salt of the sake of salt will only bring unnecessary dissonance. When salt is properly applied to chips at Chili's, everyone at the table can enjoy it, but when someone purposefully injects unnecessary amounts, the unlimited nature of the chips must be tested. Unfortunately, the waiter will not honor the wasted chips in the wake of the self-inflicted, unnecessary salt.

Salted chips are nothing new. Stop being the nightmare table for the waiter.
Sorry Lee, but idk where you got this idea that I am somehow afraid of Ran.

As for Ran, I'm not quite sure I follow your analogy 100%, but I take it you feel like what I've been doing here is unnecessary. And to that I ask, "Have you been paying attention?"

I've made it perfectly clear what my intentions are. Put simply, there are people in this thread who are trying to ostracize the newer posters in this thread. There are people who are trying to limit the conversations to what they think is good posting. It's undoubtedly true, and I've shown it to be that way. So are you saying it's unnecessary to do so? Would you put up with people ridiculing you for posting? Would you let people make a fool out of you for no good reason? I don't think you would, but you're advocating just that by calling this unnecessary. You too have been one of the ones who has meekly hidden his opinions simply because speaking against the "kings" of the thread would cause drama. But why do that when you could be free to say whatever the hell you want?

Where were you in the MK disputes? You're one of the most pro-ban posters around here, yet you never attacked the MK situation head on. You know more about the MK issue and can put it forth more logically than anyone else here, but you didn't. Why? Because it would start drama? I guess you're being "smart" like Justin by avoiding obvious problems. Sorry, but it's not smart. Problems don't get solved that way. Problems don't get solved by hoping that no one cares about them. Problems don't get solved by accepting other people's opinions and never trying to convince them otherwise, like Vaughn thinks.

The things that bothers me the most is how there is a total lack of people who actually think I'm wrong about this. Sudai posted awhile ago that "There wasn't a problem until Mura started *****ing about it." Vaughn posted that I'm "Blowing it out of proportion." Ran, you're saying that this is unnecessary. Strangely enough, no one is saying that I'm wrong. However, there are people saying that I'm right. Savon, Brawlman, and NiTEZ namely. And of course, I do know from a few other people that I am right, though they have opted to not have it proclaimed, so I won't drag their names into it. Meanwhile, the people who I'm targeting have done absolutely nothing to defend themselves. They know I'm right, but they're hoping that eventually people will stop caring.

But Sudai did make a point with that statement. I am essentially the only one voicing these legitimate concerns. There's no point in being right if I'm right all by myself. Perhaps the posters in this thread would prefer it if disrespect goes unaddressed. Perhaps there would be less drama if we all ignored the obvious problems. So I'll do you all a service. I will not start any more arguments. If something goes down and someone does not address it first, I will not speak. In fact, I won't post at all until this drama starts again and someone besides me decides to raise their voice. Then we'll see how necessary this is. Lets see if the new posters would rather withstand this gross disrespect rather than speak up for themselves.

eet

Smash Ace
It seems like everyone is just on a self-important circle jerk mission to get their arbitrary point across now. What are you idiots even arguing about? Boo hoo, someone picked on me on the internet.

I see people trash talk, and it is largely older smashers, cause ...it's part of the culture, you just **** talk in competitive games. But, I haven't seen anyone get personally 'attacked' in a way that wasn't a joke, and certainly not to a degree that warranted 30 pages of discussion.

Also shashlam, I like how you called out Lee for posting about smoking weed then went on a tangent about all the drugs you've done lol. I don't get why you wouldn't like weed -- but to each his own. (see how I circumvented a needless argument ? holy **** balls. )

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Also shashlam, I like how you called out Lee for posting about smoking weed then went on a tangent about all the drugs you've done lol. I don't get why you wouldn't like weed -- but to each his own. (see how I circumvented a needless argument ? holy **** balls. )

The green is good, not to mention good for you at the same time.

This thread is where I go to watch monkeys dance for my amusement.

I love it.

eet

Smash Ace
well, smoking isn't 'good' for you, burning things = carcinogens, but vaping isn't bad, but I wouldn't call it quantitatively good, albeit it's certainly fun/relaxing.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
well, smoking isn't 'good' for you, burning things = carcinogens, but vaping isn't bad, but I wouldn't call it quantitatively good, albeit it's certainly fun/relaxing.
True, but to me even smoking it is pretty beneficial. It really helps my eyes relax (I have high eye pressure). It's been shown to ward off cancer, too. If I could vape, though, I would certainly do that instead.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
as heads up in case i forget...i'm moving to Austin in 3 weeks. work ***** me on weekends, but i'm hoping to make the next tourney. it'll be the last time i get to see most of you <3

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Yo Ken, you can come over here when you are done if you want(along with anyone else). If you're gonna go someplace else lemme know and I will probably come meet you.

511 Laurie Lynn Dr

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Yeah, but that lack of range left me with a not sure if serious moment. The thing is, she ****s on teams if left alone, but even late game where she can beat the **** out of entire teams, she has to be in range for all the CC in the world. It's why the range nerf hit Graves so hard and why Ezreal can't hard carry the way he's currently built.

She's the backdoor champ.

Top Bottom