• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

yeah i know houston sucks but talks alot of trash. but i know tx still has some good melee players somewhere. wobbles still lives there and is awesome. im sure if caveman showed up to a tourney he'd ****. havent heard or seen anything from xelic. smiles and bluezaft still pretty good from what i understand. DoH and SOS still pretty good too. basically i think everyone who would be at hobo sucks, but if you could get all the real melee players from tx together again, they'd be pretty good.

Sudai

Stuff here
Pretty sure Smiles was at that HOBO. The name rings a bell. There was a 25-30 man melee tourney there that same day so it makes sense. Bluezaft sounds familiar too but I'm not sure if it's from that HOBO or something else.

D

Deleted member

maybe. lee, confirm what old melee players youve played recently in tx.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Iceman bein a ***** like usual. Wants to go do **** the weekend after ****'s happenin'. What a *****. My name is Sudai. I'm an *******. If you see me IRL, you should address me as such. That is all.
Dodgin censors like a pro. Like a muh****in pro! **** you. Go suck some **** or something. I just wanna put you in a triangle choke til you pass out then ravage your unconscious body. Like a pro. That's what the muh****in Icemann would do. **** y'all. I don't need y'all. I got beer and a ****in 360, I don't need y'all. Everytime a police sketch artist does a drawing of a rapist, it's my picture. Everytime.

'V'

Smash Lord
idk if you were joking about la sucking at melee or not vaughn but i disagree. me and kyle ***** as winterfest and earned mad props and lee teamed with shiz last national tournament? la too good? id say there are only a handful of states that are definitely better than la. ca, fl, ny, and tx. and tx is arguable these days. and when i say arguable what i mean is i really have no idea. there may be a couple more states but definitely not too much.

but more importantly, i didnt realize zelda is considered the 2nd worst character in brawl. thats depressing. didnt see that coming. i thought she had gotten better from melee.
I think, for the most part, it's just you, Kyle, and Lee representing us well. You guys have way more OoS experience and play on a higher level than most of the other players we have here. Other than you three, a lot of our players are around the same level with, of course, some the show slightly more potential like Avery, Tim, and Freddy.

And *sigh*, Zelda... How I miss thee... :(

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Dodgin censors like a pro. Like a muh****in pro! **** you. Go suck some **** or something. I just wanna put you in a triangle choke til you pass out then ravage your unconscious body. Like a pro. That's what the muh****in Icemann would do. **** y'all. I don't need y'all. I got beer and a ****in 360, I don't need y'all. Everytime a police sketch artist does a drawing of a rapist, it's my picture. Everytime.
Whatcha got on the 360?

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Whatcha got on the 360?
UFC 2010, RE5, the new NCAA football, and the last Fight Night. To be fair, I just got the system last month. I'ma pick up Reach soon and The Force Unleashed 2 when it comes out. And I'ma have to get some money, buy a desktop, and wait for Old Republic to come out next year.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yeeeeaaaahhhh for old republic. Get reach soon so you can beat me in it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ICs are lame. Back to maining wolf for my one-year-as-a-smasher-anniversary. Like the good ol' days.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
$5 any characters. i dont have to give you an advantage just because im confident in the match. i'd like to beat you as hard as i possibly can. and the only reason i ever said anything is because you came on the boards saying you would money match anyone except lee, basically saying you thought you could beat anyone except lee, but with almost no grounds behind the claim except your pride. i feel like i do a very good job of keeping my 'opinions' to myself these days, but when i feel like someone is being arrogant, im quick to tell them how i feel.

and i said "but i havent played you enough to really make a clear guess," meaning i have grounds for an opinion for sure, but i cant say 100%. it's not like i have no idea. all i know is tim does better vs me in friendlies than you've ever done, and so far has about the same tourney record vs me as you do. close loses. tim has also beaten me in 1 tournament, as well as freddy. you have not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKbHHOFZvD4#t=3m6s

ChKn

Smash Ace
Varuna wins.

I want Smackdown on Syfy already, so I don't have to watch this high school football bull**** on MyTv.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Fang, Nickels, and I are in my condo in New Orleans. We should be at the venue shortly. I have have to wake these ****ers up. xD

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023

I love Vaughn. He is a great friend and an amazing person.

When life ****s in your mouth, try to find Tony Chachere's and try to make it taste good. Lol.

eet

Smash Ace
tourny was pro - nice to see abuncha melee peeps.

melee top 5 was

1. lee
2. freddy
3. eet
4. avery
5. patrick

I think.

There was a lot of good matches. Avery sucks vs Peach apparently and
Me and freddy had an epic losers finals that went to the fifth match(too close D:), and whoever that samus was, your samus too good.

where was shyg, kyle, tim and vaughn? : (
(I alrdy heard taylor had work)

D

Deleted member

ive tried so hard to understand but i just cant matt.

tim had work too, and kyle has been asleep but probably didnt go because we couldnt.
good **** eric and patrick. unexpected awesome. now i know patrick too good but he hasnt been showing it lately. and you have proven me relatively wrong eric. good job for sure. where did ken place? gj freddy as well. lee doesnt deserve props for winning this one though, lol

and vaughn was helping nick move.

'V'

Smash Lord
Sorry, Eric. I don't really like to travel all that much for smash. I travel just to chill with you guys once in a while. I wanted to help Nick move anyway cuz he needed it. Thank you Nick.

Good job anyway, guys.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Brawl Top 8:

1. Lee
2. Hyro
3. JNig
4. Jio
5. Stag
5. ChKn
7. Curlz
7. Adam?

Savon and I split 1st for Novice Bracket.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Ggs at dibbz. I think I've reached the point where I won't be getting any better at Melee unless I play against real people more. In real matches I'm still learning pretty much everything, especially edge-metagame. I always end up doing stupid stuff because I don't know what to do otherwise against a real player. I probably won't be getting any better than what I am at Melee.

Also, if anyone finds any reason to go to dibbz anytime soon, please look for CD case, I left it near the monitors.

VVB

SD Champ
Nice playing with everyone again. I'll try and be more present to represent Lafayette.

@Lee, Houma needs to come to down to Lafayette one weekend. It would be sick to play with you guys. I wish we could have gotten to play any friendlies.

@Freddy, wtf man? We didn't play once 0.o

@EET, The Samus you were talking about is Nick (Risk)

Savon

Smash Ace
I did so bad this tournament. Either way I am going to keep working so I can beat the best of you all (Jio). Nonetheless the tournament was quite fun.

See you guys in October.

-Ran

Smash Master
Ran didn't enter? I'm shocked...
Ran didn't enter cause he was busy as **** running the tourneys due to low setups.
good stuff jnig

ranigi step it up
Pretty much what Sudai said, since he was right next to me playing LoL. I didn't sleep well the night before, so I was running low on energy to begin with and I can hardly say that the tournament ran smoothly. We honestly started the tournament with only one Melee set up, that didn't even have all the stages unlocked due to someone deleting the savefile on Mura's Wii. I had to take a Brawl setup and turn it into a Melee one, and then track down someone in the area after multiple calls before I got a hold of Pierre to bring in another setup.

Still, there were only three setups to run a 20 man melee event, and many players simply refused to play on the LCD tvs despite insignificant levels of lag. Seriously, finals were played on those tvs. Instead, I had multiple matches waiting to be played on the only small CRT tv that we had. Hence forth, I won't be allowing people to pick what TV they want to play on. If you want to play on CRTs, then bring them from your house. I cannot slow down a tournament due to people wanting to play on a single set up, while others are completely fine on the other units.

Beyond that, I had players stepping away to do "various activities" outside of Dibbz that held up many, many tournament matches over the course of the day. It's inconsiderate to the rest of the people that are playing to step out. If you need to step out, check with me first for now on so I can see if you have a match.

By the time Brawl was actually going to start, I had only played two friendlies during the entire day, and I was already mentally exhausted from running the events.

Thx, plz hold it for me until next tournament (or whenever we see each other again)
Alright, I'll keep it in my car.

/tired and annoyed Ran

VVB

SD Champ
Hence forth, I won't be allowing people to pick what TV they want to play on. If you want to play on CRTs, then bring them from your house. I cannot slow down a tournament due to people wanting to play on a single set up, while others are completely fine on the other units.
If we had known that NOM was going to be short of setups, we would have chipped in. I'll be bringing a CRT next time we go out there. The LCDs had a little lag, but I completely understand your situation.

I was at first confused why Brawl wasn't being played on the Dibbz's LCDs, but I realized that they had brought those with them.

Ran, if you ever need any setups or whatnot, just post here or let one of us know and Lafayette crew will be sure to help out the best we can. Despite all the madness, that was one of the better tournements I've been to in a while. I'll be back to play some more.

Zyfor

Smash Rookie
Mark forgot the power cord to the Wii we brought. Sorry Houma failed to deliver on a setup. Still in all, thank you for handling up on business Ran.

Top Bottom