• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
36 people turn out.

winner's finals = John vs. Rice
grand finals = John vs. RAM

john got 160 bux for first.
RAM got 45 bux for 2nd.

Winner
Ricky got 5th, taken out out DrummaBoi.
Ray got taken out by RAM.

ricky and ray split 100 bux for teams.

people stopped caring, and sorta quit the low tier tourney.

RAM

Smash Lord
I'm a failure at everything I do so don't expect anything spectacular from me. on a side note no1 but John wu beat me at the tourney. he put me in Losers I fought my way thru everyone for another shot at him and then he beat me in the 5th match best 3 out of 5.
he won the first 2 then I won the next 2 then he won the 5ht on Corneria.

Also Brinstar is a counter stage for Luigi to use against Marth ROFL.

*loves John Wu for the Luigi Compliment*

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
GGs everyone, always a pleasure. And thanks to our great host.
No Prob. Thanks to SirSka for posting and rounding everyone up. It was awesome having everyone over to play, and I will definitely do it again before this semester is over.

Next time I wont drink as much at the beginning of the tourny... Im sure I could have done better.

The Opelousas crowd told me they had an awesome time, and it was their first time playing against good players. They said they will be practicing and awaiting the next tourny.

In case you don't know, Im Chris. You guys were at my house.

By the way, someone left a watch at my place. It's silver with gold trim, made by Guess and the pawn shop guy would only give me 10 bucks for it... heh. If you left a watch let me know and I will find a way to get it back to you.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Next time you do it, I'm gonna have to play more people..I think I only played 3-4 out of the 8 or so people there I didn't know. x.x
Sudai, were you the guy with the Squall necklace? I don't think we ever got a chance to play against each other. Oh well, I will have another tourny soon enough.

I wanted to say props again to all you guys who came to my place. I have many parties and festivities at my apartment, and usually there are broken doors, missing items and occasionaly someone will release a flock of penguins through my living room...

Anyway, one thing I've come to expect of hosting any kind of shindig is the 2-3 hours of cleanup that comes with the territory the next morning. For this tourny, we had a supply of 36 bottles/cans of beer, and 24 cans of various flavors of Mountain Dew. All of these were drank at some time or another (I know SirSka knocked back the Mountain Dew and I was doing my part to keep the beer population in my apartment to a minimum), so imagine my surprise when I wake up this morning and there was NOT A SINGLE can or bottle to be found in my apartment. I did some searching and I found one (1) empty Mountain Dew, and I think it was mine. I know for a fact that I did not throw away any of the beers I drank, and I couldn't even find those. So once again, thanks everyone for respecting my crap, and your all welcome back to my place in the future. Thanks again. It was awesome.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
chris, thanx again for the tourney. i think we all had a blast, and i can't wait for another smshfest =D

everyone should come next time (and even more people! :D) and just have a 10 dollar cover charge.
7 bux of that goes to tourney...and the remaining 3 bucks from each person is to reimburse chris having supply us w/ a ****load of alcohol next time! XD
That way..even if u get smashed in a bad way...ur still get to be smashed in a good way. plus it lets enough money for 3rd place to make a few bucks!
1st place gets 55%, 2nd gets 30 %, 3rd gets 15%, or something like that.
cuz i know its kinna gay if just 1st/2nd make money and me and lee showup...but either way...it covered my gas money for the 4 hours on the road.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
About Lee and Cyphus always getting first and second place...

I have an idea on how to remedy that. Now bear with me, but I move to deploy the "Lee & Cyphus Tequila Showdown Rule."

It's quite simple, really. Eveytime that Lee and/or Cyphus wins a round, before moving on to the next set, they must each take a shot of tequila. That way, by the time the semi-finals roll around, each of them have about 3-5 shots of liquid fun in 'em, thereby giving EVERYONE an equal shot at the title.

It's simple, classic, refined, idiotic, and fun ALL AT ONCE. You can't go wrong. heh.

Also, Cyphus... the sig.... its a little homo-erotic. Im going to make you a good one.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
TEST...

I hope I don't piss anyone off, but I made a new banner for the Battle Rouge guys. Oh and I added myself :)

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
hmmm.... Im trying to figure out a better way to host the image... anyone know a good one?

nevermind. this one works. hmm.. i probably could make it bigger...

I hope you guys like it, Im still working on how to make good sigs. Let me know if I suck and I should stop...

For ****s and giggles, heres a background I made for my computer...

Crap. Its 12:30. I was supposed to study...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
damz...ur whatever-skills > my paint skillz, lol.
i wish i had the program u got to do that..and the patience...

and its suppose to be a little homo-erotic.
me and lee ARE gay, if u didn't know...
joking ;)

lol, but nah..i'm curiuos as to what kinna sig u'll make us us =)

a couple years ago i had a real crew with lee, brett, manny, and derek)
"Knights of the Round Table" was the best name we could least argue about, so thats what i stuck with, but people had their own suggestions and nobody could agree.
In tournaments, when me and lee teamed up, i thought it would be funny for them to announce "magical unicorns" as a team, and nobody would know who it was.

but since all the other smashers in my crew have long since retired, the Knights are no more, leaving the magical unicorns alone. Derek still plays occasionally though, as w/ my bud Jared, and they take 1-2 stock usually. So i guess they got pretty good, just from fighting me and lee so much.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Cyphus, I know you play Doc, and Lee plays Fox, but which of you two plays Falco? The reason I ask is because I found a bad *** picture, and I want to use it for your sig.

So which one of you wants to be on top? Err... I mean, which one wants to be Falco...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol.
yea, i use falco more than him. falco's my 2nd. falco is his 3rd.
its too hard for me to stray from my roots though, so i always rep doc b4 falco. and i'll always rather be known for doc, despite using them equally in tournaments at the moment.
i gotta be honest w/ u though... i can't abandon this sig, unless i have doc ^___^
although, i will appreciate the work in making one w/ falco nontheless.

hm..I'm sure Setsuma would want to be included in Battle Rouge, too ...since he's now broken in the smash scene, so to speak, and a great addition to the BR crew w/ his falco. which did very well in the tournament.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
CRAP! NOW you tell me.... oh well, I will have to add him in then... shouldn't take too long. I made another Battle Rouge sig. So now it comes in two flavors...

This one took me about 20 minutes. NOW I seriously have to go to friggan sleep. I didn't study at all. Oops.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Well, I took Setsuma ova to the Ice Cage and he got a taste of Sex Kick fevah. We did a free for all and the weirdest thing happened. I go to counter someone....yes I counter, and It homes in on Falco. During the millisecond where Marth is taking the attack to counter it, Iceman's Luigi amplifies my counters strength with some weird attack and I knockout Falco into a Solar Being O_O....With a counter.

Anyway. THAT IS A SWEET SIG. But is Laffy part of BTR(Battle Rouge)? I guess it is now :D

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Anyway. THAT IS A SWEET SIG. But is Laffy part of BTR(Battle Rouge)? I guess it is now :D
There is no one around these parts that plays. So yeah I guess I have been adopted.

Well, I kinda added myself so I guess it's not so much adopted as much as a forced entrance. So its like ****.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
So the 6 of us have been ***** by Bake? That's amazing.
Nyte, what happened yesterday? Were you off your game or something? I was beating you, Setsuma was beating you, Dillon was beating you. Were you drunk?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well, I took Setsuma ova to the Ice Cage and he got a taste of Sex Kick fevah. We did a free for all and the weirdest thing happened. I go to counter someone....yes I counter, and It homes in on Falco. During the millisecond where Marth is taking the attack to counter it, Iceman's Luigi amplifies my counters strength with some weird attack and I knockout Falco into a Solar Being O_O....With a counter
Doesn't Marth's counter stay the same damage/knockback no matter what move he counters? Roy's is the one that is power dependant on the move while Marth's is set in stone.

Cyphus, sweet creation with the Mii. :)

Sudai

Stuff here
Chris, as much as I love the new sigs, my Doc sucks now days. : (

Slap my Fox in there please? :D The gay boots one (blue) because I wouldn't have it any other way. ; )

Edit: Oh yeah, I was the one with the Squall Chain, btw. I don't leave the house without it now that I re-found it. :D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

I call purple boots fox Stripper Fox because Strippers are the only one with those sigs.

And I guess Tony needs to make a new sig . . . **** BAKEMONKEY AND HIS ARTISTIC TALENTS!

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I will try to find a pic of Blue feet Fox for ya, but it may be hard. And I will remake it and add Setsuma.

Sars Pirate who is in your crew> And did you come to my tourny? I can remake one for you guys if you want me to...

This is one I promised I would do for Cyphus, since his was so homo-erotic. He can have it if he wants, if not I don't care. I had fun making it, heh. Im not done, as I need to add their team name. Im trying to come up with a cool way of saying, "The Magical Unicorns."

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea..its pretty hard finding a cool way to say "the magical unicorns", lol...good luck XD

sig is quite sexy, though. ur quite good at that. what program u using? all i have is paint, lol.

i want to record me and lee's matches and host them from my computer...

how i do?!?!?!?! :(

capture card method?
my mom has a dvd handheld recorder....i'm sure theres a way i could do it w/ that..but then i'd have to figure out how to compress and all that crap, good god >_<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
@ Cyhpus

ZOMG JUST BOUGHT A CAPTURE CARD

I just bought this:http://www.aboutvideoediting.com/hardware/Dazzle-DVC80.shtml

Now atleast our crew can record vids and ****, and get this. If you go to Tiger Direct and get the Dazzle vid capture card, you can get it at like 38 dollars rather than the usual like 80+.

Hopefully this **** is awesome.

Jsut go to google and search Video capture card Dazzle or something.

And @ Bakemonkey, dude if you do that I'd worship you for life since as you can tell we're pretty crappy at sig making. I'll leave details in my edit.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
sig is quite sexy, though. ur quite good at that. what program u using? all i have is paint, lol.

i want to record me and lee's matches and host them from my computer...

how i do?!?!?!?! :(

capture card method?
my mom has a dvd handheld recorder....i'm sure theres a way i could do it w/ that..but then i'd have to figure out how to compress and all that crap, good god >_<
I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, and Photoshop, and Macromedia Flash. For yours, I only used Paint Shop Pro. As fas as recording videos, I have no idea. heh.

Yeah Sars, just leave the info and what characters you want represented and any additional crap you want to go on it. I have a wicked Sedimentary Petrology testcoming up, so it won't happen for a couple of days, but I will do it.

hmmm.... the sigs seem to be cutting off at the bottom... is there a definte length the sigs have to be? If so then I need to remake them. But that shouldn't take too long.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
haha nice sigs :] but chEA, this crew is gonna be pretty sweet, also, i was thinking about going to FC7 this summer.

If any of you are interested just contact me.

My information is on the LA locator.

Oh and Bakemonkey, your samus is pretty good but my falco is better ^^

PEACE

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ah, Cyhpus. Hold off on buying the Captrue Card until i get it. >_> Some guys say it's crap, others say it's ridiculous. No idea on what the descision is so I'll let you know as soon as I can.

And BakeMonkey, like I said I'd glorify you man!!!

Anyways, just know that Me (Ng) am a Capt Falcon main, Tony is a Marth main, Ryan is a falco/Jiggz main (you choose XD we're tired of choosing for him), and Colin is a Peach main.

Thanks for helping us out, and no worries about the time we get it. Fact that you're willing to help us out is enough!

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
SetsumA, when we played at the official tourny I was pretty drunk...

When we played afterwards I was giving your Falco a run for his money. So we shall see at the next tourny. heh. It's really cool playing against you guys. Its hard to find good competitive people around here...

Sudai

Stuff here
I have a capture carn (no clue what type, step-dad got it) and it sucks bbbaaallllllsss! 5s lag on display...ubar gay. :/

Cyphus, there's a thread stickied in the video discussion forum that I was gonna use...but I can't get my stupid comp to recognize my VCR and display what's being played through it so bleh...

As for going to Major tournies, I probably won't go unless one of you drives me and I bribe my mom..

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
hehe yeah, it was cool, but after the tourny was over, i kinda started downing beer like it was water hehehe so i was pretty trashed as well :]

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry EET, I will have another tourny which will involve alchohol soon.

I just finished this one, but I have to say Im not too happy wit hthe way the font turned out... I will probably redo all of the words when I have the time. Im going pass out.

Top Bottom