• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Sudai

Stuff here
ShyGuy, that movie has no bearing in your aweasomeness as I beat you 2-0 in a 2/3 Doc ditto MM, then beat your Falco the fight after!~ >.>;

Anyway, I won 11/12 Marth Dittos against Nick, 25/43 matches overall. I think he beat my fox 3-4 times out of the 10 or so times we did that matchup. My YLink got 1 stocked 4-5 times, so it's getting up there. Meh, I wanna play more now.. I don't think I'm gonna retire. >.>

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't think shyguy was trying to say anything about his skill vs. you from posting that video...but just being humorous.
either way...i find keeping record of wins in your signature is kinna adding insult to injury. granted i'm flattered you keep ours( w/ my winning)...and that proves its deffinatley not to be vain.
Surely, you can wear it like badges of pride...like Sirska has "best ganon in LA" but i think this is different. iunno..maybe i'm wrong. Eithe way...a few matches one way or another doesn't prove much. people have good and bad games.
one night lee beat me 15x in a row. and the next morning, when i was refreshed i was winning in the KO deparment.

eithe way, good to hear you and nyte got a ton of matches in. can't wait to play yall again and see how things've changed =)

Eats

Smash Rookie
Are these tournaments at the mall of louisiana still happening? If so when is the next one, and are there vids of them or the people who play at them?

Sudai

Stuff here
I know ShyGuy wasn't at the top of his game that, I know he can kick my *** up and down the walls when he's having even an average day. ****... Honnestly figured you guys had a bit more sense of humor..then again humor doesn't translate well over the net.

wall-o-rant
I leave the MMs in my sig to remind myself of the fun times because honnestly, I think matches where something is on the line are much more fun than friendlies since it generally draws the best out of people. Had I lost all of the matches, they would stay there and since I don't really have any kind of claim in LA smash, so I plan to keep those results there.

Oh, and ShyGuy, I don't mind if you say I suck in jest, but sometimes it's really hard to tell with you and if you feel that way about me, it doesn't really matter because I don't play to win, and I'm not quite sure why you play.

Honnestly though, I don't think any part of that video shows how aweasome you really are aside from the very end with that crazy edgeguarding. I have seen you do a lot cooler stuff, just not sure what all has been caught on camer. ; )

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
honestly i dont know y i play either (I was working for my unlce at arrow pest control and then i randomly saw a video of chudat and i was like wow i didnt know ice climbers could do that so i was like i wanna play smash and get good , but then like i got addicted and ended up quiting my job and stuff and i dunno i guess i didnt know what i was getting into so i blame chudat for everything)

everytime i see that in ur sig though it bugs me so i guess we have to have another mm or sumthing

wow i was expecting u to like freak out, so uve earned my respect

man i cant stay mad i love everyone :hug:

Sudai

Stuff here
Sure ShyGuy. Gonna be another big red line of text. :p

You know, you could always just turn sigs off too instead of stealing $5 from me.. >.> j/kj/k

You can decide the stakes (just no more than $5, don't wanna lose too much. :x) and the rules. : )

Edit: Page claim! :O

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

I should ask Gametrader if they'd be willing to let us have one tourney on the weekend some day. The space is pretty good, they've got two big screens, two tvs hooked up to a snes/genesis, and 4 hooked up to Xboxes so it seems like there'd be enough for us all, right?

And I want a crack at shyguy too. First time I played him was when he started out, and we basically had a n00b fight against each other. I think we've gotten better now, and we can both hold our own and do more insane ****. Epic match all around. Also, I want to get better at this game by playing guys like Cyphus, Lee (who 3 stocked twice in a row and need to do better against >_____>), Taylor, Eet (Want to play in a Falcon ditto), Tim (want to retry that Falcon ditto again), and like every single other smasher out in the state.

I mean, I know that our own little crew down here has gotten really good. We're all really technical, we've all developed mindgames, but we also know each others strategies too well. :/ We never play against anyone else ever, and that worries me since I don't know if my skills are only at their peak against Tony and Ryan or if I can go even with anyone else, you know?

So ah, with that said . . . I need to play people >_>

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>.>

I would love to if it weren't for that whole School and Parents would blow my head off thing. Though I am thinking of applying to University of Florida for colleges. >_>

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
That's cool, there's some good people in Gainesville and they hold tourneys there a lot which practically all of Florida goes to. So that'd definately be a good spot to play skilled guys. Louisiana may have a few truely awesome dudes like Cyphus, but Florida just has a much more huge array of people. It's nice not being in the Panhandle anymore. ^_^

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
and also since UF is home to the GAYtors then u could go to FSU and rice and a bunch of good smashers are there also. or u could come to pcola and smash with the manhandlers and go to UWF it is an awsome school!!! really nice.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I just finished updating the Vids section of the Florida Thread and realized just how awesome this state really is. ^_^

You guys should make a Louisiana Thread like FL's to replace this one. Then just make new threads when you get new tourneys instead of editing this one all the time. It confuses the new guys that stumble in.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
No, this thread ain't going anywhere. Besides, we tried making new threads for a variety of things, but everyone just comes back to this one. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
EET, y'all play at LSU on Sundays? Why wasn't I informed?
Also, I've never played Sars. I would like to.

Eats

Smash Rookie
We're 3 guys at Tulane who have been playing for around a year and a half but we've never really played anyone outside our circle, and are looking for some new people to play.

So what time and where are these gatherings at LSU?

eet

Smash Ace
We play at LSU on sundays at the Japanese Animation and Culture Society meetings, before they show anime. We play on this super laggy ******** tv, so youre better off playin us at another time..who wants to play sometime this weekend?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I said, Make sure you, Cyphus, and Lee give me Gas Money. I dont gots a job you know....I do now, but I start after the Tournament in FL. My gas tank is filled at $23.60.

Should we leave on Friday, teh 6ixth? I wanted to see my family for a bit brfore the tournament.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so like..i just got a job at Target making 9 bucks an hour. I don't have a schedule yet...so iunno if it'll interfere or not w/ this coming weekend. sorry if it does, but technically i don't have money to make it to the tourney, in the first place...now that i have a job, at least someone is more willing to let me borrow money now(if i'm still able to go, that is).

but anyway..i got drunk off about a glass full of taka vodka and wrestled 4 people and won so i'm pretty awesome.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
105 Westwood Dr.
Apartment 167
Lafayette, LA 70506

Here are the directions to the place of the tourny. It will be held Friday, Oct. 6, at 7p.m. He says people can come a little early at about 5. Bring your game faces. I don't know if he needs tv's so I'll make sure to check. I expect to see some people there, he already has like 19 people going.
Here ya go Sudai, this is the post.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
How about 4pm Sun. at Ralphs if it is okay with him? That would be neet. Also, speaking of neet.....EET. MY PLACE. SATURDAY. 1PM. YOUR PEACH IS GOING DOOOWWWWWNNNN.
Nyte, you can't beat his Peach. I mean, I'm rooting for you and everything, but it's eet's Peach.
Nyte you cant beat anyones peach not to mention Sean F.'s I wonder, why it is you insist on talking smack when your smash skills are no better than a third graders? You should hang up your controller and just quit. Word to all the good smashers in LA

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Nyte you cant beat anyones peach not to mention Sean F.'s I wonder, why it is you insist on talking smack when your smash skills are no better than a third graders? You should hang up your controller and just quit. Word to all the good smashers in LA
??????????????????????????????????? Why is the Arizona dude back in our thread?????????????????????????

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
My guess is to start a flame war, just ignore him and he'll go away.

(yes, I realize the irony of me being from FL but I've smashed with LA at about 6 tourneys so we're down. ;))

Sudai

Stuff here
Ska, I'ma drive myself so you can stay till w/e. I have stuff to do Saturday so I need to leave shortly after the tournie.

Though, it'd be cool if you came over Friday before the tournie for some warm-ups~ :D

Top Bottom