• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

eet

Smash Ace
i dunno if i can still go oos cause like....my car now has this service engine soon light on and i have no idea what its for so ima get it checked out sometime soon and see whats up?

RAM

Smash Lord
i dunno if i can still go oos cause like....my car now has this service engine soon light on and i have no idea what its for so ima get it checked out sometime soon and see whats up?
I hope it's just like my mom's car, her Check Engine light go on and off every now and then just to drop by and say what's up and I would say hey right back to the engine service light. I'm SOooooo Wasted right now :p but nothing is really wrong with her car. maybe it's just the light itself that's broke, and hopefully nothing wrong with your whip either. we need EET in all his splendid Glory at the tourny. I still need to get my revenge against you when I came to my first tourny in LA.

BTW sorry to hear what had happen Mr Shyguy when I was Living in New Orleans My life was sort of similiar to what you're going thur except it was everyday. Hope everything will make a turn for the better, if you have a problem with Shyguy u have a problem with ME!!!!!!

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Nyte, dude, you can go to Lafayette and still have plenty of time to make it to Florida. I won't be making it to either one, but I will give you a cardboard cutout of myself to take with you so it's like I'm there.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
How kind of ya :D Maybe I can train the cutout to play Luigi....But if it misfires under the stage, oh so help me God.....

But um yea. If yall willing to pay me Gas Money......I'll take us to Laffy and Florida.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace

yea dude my engine check light was on since the day i got it and finally the guy at the car place one time was like yea there is this little button that u have to push on the inside somewhere cause the engine light comes on after so many miles sometimes no matter what so he did that and now my car is fine. :) so hopefully it is just that and eet u r coming because,...... umm well i have no power over u but all i have is one thing to say....... COME OOOOON!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Yee so Entel, Tony, and I will be playing smash tomorrow. Just to let you know we're not dead.

. . . **** better get online fast.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so like..the N.O. guys, a couple unknown smashers from the dibbz-area, and Houma are meeting up at Dibbz PC cafe tonight, if anyone is intersted in joining us.
the new guys'll be there for 4:30...houma should get there around 6/7, and N.O. guys(ricky,rayjohn) should arrive around 9ish.
Dibbz is open to 2am. so like...whatever.

my cell is 985-232-5410, if anyone is interested in coming, i can try to help out.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I have a new Student...He wants to be a fox player. Name's Brandon. I mean, My fox is.....Lvl 9ish so if anyone from BTR is willing to help me out with him, feel free. He really wants to um....Be the 7th member of Battle Rouge. How funny is that?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*Smacks forhead*

If I would've read Cyphus's post earlier than Me, Tony, and Ryan could have gone to Dibbz for a while. >_< And now those guys just left after a brief smashfest.

Sudai

Stuff here
So..I'm thinking of retireing smash for a bit..kinda bored with it and my social life is taking away from a lot of my play time. Ncik, I'll play you sometime though, wether I retire or not.

Also Nick, I won't be able to go tonight. GF just got home from Florida (a day early so I'm happy :) ) and we're going hang out tonight.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
had a decent time at dibbz, i must say. before the N.O. guys arrived, we did a lil' tourney w/ the 12 people there, and the finals were obviously me and lee and he won. 3 stocked my falco w/ fox, then 1 stock high damaged my doc.
then N.O. showed up. after a few random FFAs w/ ricky, ray, and john.....we finally had our first 1vs1 fight: John's Marth vs. Lee's Fox. Lee took out his first stock, without getting hit once. It was this fight (and the next 2 fox vs marth), that Lee 2 and 3 stocked him. I think it was the 4th though, that john 3 stocked lee, though, if that counts for any redemption. My Iceclimbers went 1-1 vs. Johns marth, and my link went 1-1, as well. Then i 2 stocked his falco w/ doc and 2 stocked his peach w/ my G&W. And lee beat his marth w/ Y.Link, and then 2 or 3 stocked his luigi w/ mewtwo.

Somewhere in the random exchanging of battles Lee went SuperSaiyan and looked like he was Mew2King and pulled some ******** fighting and insane combos with fox and falco vs. john's marth. After those 2 fights, he went back down to normal-good lee. But i swear, during those 2 fights he could have taken ken. lol, seriously.

afterward, we all went to Ricky's place. Nice house and HD TV and computer settup in his room. 'Cept the TV lagged a lil' bit, which i couldn't get used to. His dogs didn't like us either, and when i finally took a lil' nap around 4am, i woke up 2 hours later to sound of an old woman saying "Ricky!! There's a white boy on my sofa!!"
"****..please not be me...i don't wanna have to get up and move" was exactly what i was thinking, but his grandmaw reigns supreme, so we got up...and figured we might as well drive home this early anyay..and then i dropped off Jared(who came w/ us) went to lee's and we both went to sleep in his bed, and then i woke up and decided to make a post here and i decided to write this.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else get their copy of Electronic Gaming in yet (or am I the only freak here?)? Ken ain't just the best smasher now, he's a friggin superstar. They put 5 of the best gamers in the most competitive console games (Halo[1 and 2], Tekken 5, and Smash [of course]) and Ken was one of them, and he was dressed as friggin Marth. I know I sound like an obsessed fan, but I thought if was awesome.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
so...are we still going to FL, Eet?
Me and lee have never been better, and with the 3 of us together, we are going to ****.
We gonna rip oponent's eyeballs out, and piss in their sockets.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Yea of course we r going to FL. The engine check light on my car can suck my nuts.

o yea btw this is Eet i just swung by drumma's house to check out the tourny scene in FL and just to practice the drive and I'm to lazy to switch to my account.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Oh yea. It was Sudai vs. Nicknyte last night. I pwned him in the beginning, but then he starts bringing out the Fox, Shieks, and Docs....oh my.

As glitchy grabs and invisible tips unleashed through the night, a sense of awesomeness that only Cyphus could rival graced the matches from hell.

At last was the fortold Fox vs. Marth matches...

I swear you I killed him with a counter.
He swears he totally killed me on last stock without me touching him once.

Mere legend fortells these myths, but one thing was for certain.

Marth 3 - Fox 2

Gayness wins.

Nicknyte's quest for the last BTR smasher......Shyguy.
Let the hunt begin.

Sudai

Stuff here
RSIA will tear you apart Nick, and you're coming back today for me to reclaim my spot anyway..It had been 3 weeks since I played anyone decent, now I'm not as rusty. >:)

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea. just take me and eet's word on this.

the top 12
Tier 1-Lee, Cyphus
Tier 2-John, Taylor, Eet, Ray, Ricky, RSIA
Tier 3- Flarefox, Blaise, Vaughn, Patrick

the tiers and order are my opinion...but i think its pretty much fact, this is the top 8 at least.
Exceptions would be some people at tier 3. Brett(mario), who used to play with me, i'm 100% postitive, if given an hour to warm up, would be just as good as the others in tier 3, even though he hasn't even had a GC in 2 years.

-=-=-=-=-=-
interesting fact....John was the best for a period, because at the time, Marth was the best of LA's metagame....but because we've gotten better, and marth is no longer "zomg best in teh game!"(thats for fox and falco now), his dependency on easyness has now handicapped him, since we now realize...without real technical skill(that marth doens't need) all his other characters aren't half as good. And now its impossible for him to adapt and counter pick. The moral of the story? I'm awesome.
-=-=-=-=-=-

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Oh god.....I couldnt beat his Marth today. Totally pwned me. Oh GAAAWWD.

42% Win rate.....WTF?

Who is RSIA?

WHO IS RSIA?!?!?!?!?!?! WHO IS RSIA?!?!?!?!?!?! wtf man RSIA is only like awsome. ive played him 2 times and in the 2 month span from the first and last time i played him he was amazing with improvement. i mean firsdt time i played him i barely beat him then second time i played him i was like OMG!!!! tech skill is like perfect!!!! OGM i got lucky he killed himself otherwise i wouldve lost.....i really think he won that tourny round.... :( i was lucky but now im better so i wish i would get to play him soon maybe at the oct 7th tourny.

o yea whats up with this???

nah after shyg you still have to get owned by rsia

and i dunno bout fla...meh.
all i have to say about this is..... :(

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

Um, just because Flarefox is cool and all, I think he should be bumped up to tier 2 since he performed really well at all the Cajun Smashes that he attended (which is like LA's major tourney). >_> I mean, didn't he get fourth at both events under Cyphus, Taylor, and John or am I hallucinating again?

Why am I not asleep? *passes out*

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Nyte, how come when you post it sounds like some epic poem or Charles Dickens novel or something? All you had to say was "I played Sudai yesterday. I won some, I lost some, but his Fox gave me hell."
Everyone else reading, where is Tim and/or Shyguy? I miss them. And does anyone know Shyguy's real name? I don't know it.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
>_>

Um, just because Flarefox is cool and all, I think he should be bumped up to tier 2 since he performed really well at all the Cajun Smashes that he attended (which is like LA's major tourney). >_> I mean, didn't he get fourth at both events under Cyphus, Taylor, and John or am I hallucinating again?
Yeah, me and him tied for 4th place at Cajun Showdown 1. I wasn't at CJ2 though, so no idea on that one.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Nyte, how come when you post it sounds like some epic poem or Charles Dickens novel or something? All you had to say was "I played Sudai yesterday. I won some, I lost some, but his Fox gave me hell."
Everyone else reading, where is Tim and/or Shyguy? I miss them. And does anyone know Shyguy's real name? I don't know it.

I dont know it either :dizzy:

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Shyguy is still my hero.
We need to set something up. I'm not saying a tourny (we could, but that's not the point), I'm just saying since Ralph's, I've played Nicknyte and my roommate. Now, I'm all for this school thing and all, but I'll skip class/work/a test to Smash, and I need to play. That Louisiana tier list is tearing at my heartstrings and I need to do better.

Top Bottom