• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
SWEET!

Btw, I've got Battou and H_R carpooling with me up there, but I'm not sure if they are carpooling back with me or not.

D

Deleted member

yall obviously didnt understand: SEX ****ING KILLS.

good pics of eric. nice quotes.

i would go win the brawl tourney with lee gone but i suk at brawl HAH (well out of practice so im sure everyone would walk on me).

im having a really rough time. i miss grace. not in a relationship sense* but its like killing your best friend of 4 years. im completely miserable over it.

SOMEONE COMFORT ME

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
(3:52:12 PM) Redson: I said, 4 weeks. Give me four weeks and I'll be back in business.
(3:52:21 PM) Redson: And I'll be giving a sale on "Redson Brand kickass"
(3:52:43 PM) Redson: So there should totally be a "Welcome back Redson" tournament.
(3:52:59 PM) Redson: Or something. I dunno. ****loads of friendlies or something.
(3:53:07 PM) Redson: I'll be in the top seven, I know it! AHAHAHAH!

lolololol

Lol......
Sudai <3

I guess I'll make an appearance tomorrow.......

Sudai

Stuff here
yall obviously didnt understand: SEX ****ING KILLS.

good pics of eric. nice quotes.

i would go win the brawl tourney with lee gone but i suk at brawl HAH (well out of practice so im sure everyone would walk on me).

im having a really rough time. i miss grace. not in a relationship sense* but its like killing your best friend of 4 years. im completely miserable over it.

SOMEONE COMFORT ME
*offers some form of comfort?*

Hard to do it over the internet.

I'm probably coming over tomorrow after the tourney like usual so we can talk if you want to. : )

J

J~rod

Another problem with CoT4 is the $300 or so it'd take to buy a plane ticket. School makes it really difficult to drive there and back while attending the whole thing.

That said, I'm probably gonna do HOBO 14 despite the Meta ban and fewer/ no top players. $300 is just too much money right now.

Anyways, as I'm sure everyone knows, Gameware is TOMORROW. Show up at 6:00 pm, and bring Wiis, TVs, controllers, and chairs!
Me and Bre are going to bring a TV and Wii if you need another setup, the tv is a little on the small side but hey, it's a tv. Let me know if you need another setup so i can let him know.

Sudai

Stuff here
J, bring it. At worst it sits in your car for a few hours, at best it makes the tournament last an hour less and more friendlies get to be played.

Randall, can you grab your brother's Brawl disc? I can't find mine. I'll send you a text later just in case you don't see this.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
J~rod, I think I have your controller. It's silver and has "Ryck" on it. Also, the setup would be great. Thanks!

Sudai, I already have the disk, so we're good.

Also, I think Gary will be there soon with TvC, if anyone wants to arrive early and play that. I'll probably be there between 5:30 and 6:00.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
J~rod, I think I have your controller. It's silver and has "Ryck" on it. Also, the setup would be great. Thanks!

Sudai, I already have the disk, so we're good.

Also, I think Gary will be there soon with TvC, if anyone wants to arrive early and play that. I'll probably be there between 5:30 and 6:00.
That controller (Silver with RYCK) is GuyInGreen's Controller. It's written in green also lol.

He's sitting right next to me at dibbz.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Fun tourney everyone! Great meeting new people and awesome getting to know others better!

GG's to everyone I played. Especially Popertop, those matches were tooooo epic.

Lemme know how the other events went! Sorry I couldn't stay, my mom is nuts. :(

D

Deleted member

im probably the best captain falcon in melee ive ever seen. broken?

thx to everyone that came over to the tourney. sry i dont like brawl. im not rly sorry but w/e. lol

yall were all cool guests and it was fun hanging out. even though i knew all of you and it wasnt anything new it was still fun! thanks again. peace

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I had a great time. This was my second tourney--I went to an earlier Gameware Monthly last year, and I have to say that the atmosphere is the friendliest you could ask for. Everyone was really nice. If anyone's lurking on these boards and is considering going to one of these Monthlies, do it. You won't regret it. It's fun for all.

I'd like to praise particularly a few people. And I'm bad with names, so forgive me if I mangle any of them--

Li-D--Awesome Fox and killer Falco. Very calculated and precise playstyle. And since I play Wolf it was thematically appropriate!

The Wolf and Donkey Kong I played in friendlies early on-- (I'm really not sure of the handles, so I don't want to sound silly). You guys both rock. Very fun Wolf ditto, I've never done that before, and that Donkey Kong was just dangerous. I also really enjoyed the team matches--I don't get to play those often enough. You guys clearly had your team play together.

Packy--Best Fox of the night. Didn't give away any opportunities and played almost flawlessly. Really utilized this underrated character's speed. Big props. I predict you'll go far.

SNIPER--Ouch! I've never played a good Snake before and that was just painful! Good matches, really good stuff.

And big thanks to FakeGeorge for organizing these things. It is appreciated.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I enjoyed all my matches even htough I got like 27th of 30. I enjoyed playing Hyrulian and Sudai and Packy the most. Those were some FUN matches.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Full results:

1: Lee (ZSS/? I'm not really sure who all Lee used.)($80)
2: Cyphus (DK/ Pika) ($40)
3: Nick (DDD/ Wolf) ($22)
4: Sudai (ROB/ MK)($8)
5: Pierre (Lucas)
5: sniperx (Snake)
7: John (Toon Link)
7: fakegeorge (G&W)
9: Popertop (Wario)
9: Roni (Falco/ MK)
9: Ever_Power (Mario)
9: Li-D (MK/ Falco/ Fox)
13: RickyB (Marth)
13: Fabio
13: Packy (Fox)
13: Bre (G&W)
17: Arcadia (Marth)
17: J~rod (Toon Link)
17: Ghost
17: 1221 (DK/ ROB?)
17: Emosso
17: G_Bear (Toon Link)
17: Roosevelt
17: Batto (Marth)
25: Colin
25: sev (Wolf - left early)
25: Bomber (Toon Link)
25: Jeff
25: DC0118
25: Jordan

That's what I can recall for characters. We didn't do anything afterwards. We had pools, which cut into our time for that.

What did people think of the pool format? Is it worth trying again?

It was cool hanging out with Beaumont at IHOP afterwards. The drunk people were too funny. See you at HOBO 14.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Err, George, I main Fox, and I only used Marth like, once or twice.

I could've done SO much better, but it was still fun.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Hmm, I know who bomber is.. but Jrod and John? Who they be? lol

Edit: Nvm about Jrod. Which one is Hyrulian?

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Best Tourney ever? I had a great time!
The pools thing was cool i say use it again.

Thanks for the cheesy double beef burritos Batto, and good matches

Vaughn Taylor Eric: Thanks you guys so much for having a 1000 people come over at 2 am. you guys are welcome in Thibodaux anytime

good matches everyone i played <3 you all

r0ni

Smash Cadet
fun time. thanks for letting us crash vaughn taylor and eric.

randall, good job at hosting. u too good ;D

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
had a great time at the tourney. ggs to everyone. I'm beating lee next tourney, just so everyone knows.
taylor/vaughn/eet thanks for housing everyone. fun fun.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
so like no 0nes ever gonna beat lee in an LA tourney.... so i dont see what the point in participaring is...no matter how much u practice or attend tournies ur never gonna beat him. then theres cyphus,sudai,ran and nick cj (a few others)... who will be fighting for 2nd or 3rd.... which basicly means ur giving ur money away to play in a tourney u know u cant win.... I dont how much the brawl metagame has progressed but from what I see, unless ur having fun with brawl stop playing it competitively.... pretty much the only reason I continued to play melee despite the fact I was losing is because it was a game with depth and I did have fun at melee tournies... brawl killed melee...no doubt.... I know i wouldnt have fun playing brawl competively.... so thats pretty much where I stand..

I think the short time i did play it I was more focused on helping other people get better knowin I ultimatley suck in tourney placing
now, thats not even worth it.... if redson beats lee in an LA tourney ill reconsider playing the game again competively....

I dont hold anything personal towards anyone but looking from from the outside I was 23 playing a video game for money and im not even good at it nor having fun with it....

and all of u are going against sakuri's vision for smash and brawl in particulary by playing it competively for money...

I pretty much have no bussiness posting in here even though I was the best poster on this thread IMO and did help paryially make it what it is

now Im just a troll, trying to tell it like it is from the outside

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Ahh. When I looked over one time, I saw you playing Marth. Well, here are the results with your character updated:

1: Lee (ZSS/? I'm not really sure who all Lee used.)($80)
2: Cyphus (DK/ Pika) ($40)
3: Nick (DDD/ Wolf) ($22)
4: Sudai (ROB/ MK)($8)
5: Pierre (Lucas)
5: sniperx (Snake)
7: John/ H_R (Toon Link)
7: fakegeorge (G&W)
9: Popertop (Wario)
9: Roni (Falco/ MK)
9: Ever_Power (Mario)
9: Li-D (MK/ Falco/ Fox)
13: RickyB (Marth)
13: Fabio
13: Packy (Fox)
13: Bre (G&W)
17: Arcadia (Fox)
17: J~rod (Toon Link)
17: Ghost
17: 1221 (DK/ ROB?)
17: Emosso
17: G_Bear (Toon Link)
17: Roosevelt
17: Batto (Marth)
25: Colin
25: sev (Wolf - left early)
25: Bomber (Toon Link)
25: Jeff
25: DC0118
25: Jordan

Also, H_R only lost to Lee and Pierre.

I think HOBO 14 is the weekend of February 7th.

Hyro

Smash Lord
so like no 0nes ever gonna beat lee in an LA tourney.... so i dont see what the point in participaring is...no matter how much u practice or attend tournies ur never gonna beat him. then theres cyphus,sudai,ran and nick cj (a few others)... who will be fighting for 2nd or 3rd.... which basicly means ur giving ur money away to play in a tourney u know u cant win.... I dont how much the brawl metagame has progressed but from what I see, unless ur having fun with brawl stop playing it competitively.... pretty much the only reason I continued to play melee despite the fact I was losing is because it was a game with depth and I did have fun at melee tournies... brawl killed melee...no doubt.... I know i wouldnt have fun playing brawl competively.... so thats pretty much where I stand..

I think the short time i did play it I was more focused on helping other people get better knowin I ultimatley suck in tourney placing
now, thats not even worth it.... if redson beats lee in an LA tourney ill reconsider playing the game again competively....

I dont hold anything personal towards anyone but looking from from the outside I was 23 playing a video game for money and im not even good at it nor having fun with it....

and all of u are going against sakuri's vision for smash and brawl in particulary by playing it competively for money...

I pretty much have no bussiness posting in here even though I was the best poster on this thread IMO and did help paryially make it what it is

now Im just a troll, trying to tell it like it is from the outside
Tourney's are a blast. I don't think anyones in it just for the money. And if you are, you could just do money matches. Age doesn't matter as long as your having fun with it which I'm sure all of our brawlers are.

Top Bottom