• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I ALMOST came in my pants when you said vids were up of FS:5 but then you had the whole La part in it and I was just like "meh, maybe next tiime". Lol, jk. GOing to go check those out now.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
the last video form FS:5 makes me want to go to big tournies and OOS tournies even more if **** like that happens. THat looked like way to much fun

Sudai

Stuff here
Lee left last night to go to California. He was on the way to Sethlon's house last night and it will be him, Sethlon, Hylian, and Kown going to the big CA tourney this weekend. This means that almost anyone can win the GameWare tourney with enough determination (and a little luck) so you guys better bring your A-Game.

You guys also better wish Lee luck cause he's going for some -big- money.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
i MAy....MAY

be able to make it to the gameware monthly.....i hope =[ i might be able to get out of work at 4 instead of 6

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Roni, like I told you, I don't plan on starting until 7:00. If there are a lot of people, it may be a bit later. Regardless, I can always put you in the bracket an hold your spot until you show up provided that it doesn't slow things down (then I'll give you losses). Basically, if you get off work at 6 and still wanna try and make it, give me a call. I won't guarantee anything, but I may be able to delay your match long enough for you to play. Then again, I might not be able to do this.

This general offer applies to anyone who might be a little late, as long as you TALK TO ME about it.

Like Sudai said, without Lee, it's anyone's tournament.

Sudai

Stuff here
Louisiana, it's time to get **** in gear. Time to plan out the next few months or so. (At least, slightly)

First off.

World Houston's Official Brawl Ordeal (WHOBO) April 10-12
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3302

This is in Houston at an Anime convention called "Anime Matsuri". It won't be like your normal -con tournament (plushies, trophies, ect as prizes) but will have actual CASH prizes. There will be nothing taken out of the pot, on the contrary, there will be
$1000 ADDED to the pot.

If you want to go to this, you need to register -now-. It's
$26 for entry to the convention until Feb 1st when it will be $50. The tournament entry fee is also $13 now but will be $15 at the door.

Go here to register:
http://houston-scene.com/tournamentregistration.htm

Houston's Official Brawl Ordeal 14
(HOBO14) Feb 7th
-or-
Clash of the Titans
(CoT4) Feb 7th-8th

MetaKnight is banned at HOBO14, a lot of people are going to CoT4 (including a number of the top Texas players.) There's not much to talk about here aside from who wants to go to what?

Sudai

Stuff here
(3:52:12 PM) Redson: I said, 4 weeks. Give me four weeks and I'll be back in business.
(3:52:21 PM) Redson: And I'll be giving a sale on "Redson Brand kickass"
(3:52:43 PM) Redson: So there should totally be a "Welcome back Redson" tournament.
(3:52:59 PM) Redson: Or something. I dunno. ****loads of friendlies or something.
(3:53:07 PM) Redson: I'll be in the top seven, I know it! AHAHAHAH!

lolololol

eet

Smash Ace
Updated first post.

Basically just what I posted a few post back about WHOBO, HOBO14, and CoT4.

Mandeville guys were already on the player finder (by location) so I don't see why you asked to be readded? Whatever? Haha

~Sudai

Bomber7

Smash Hero
(3:52:12 PM) Redson: I said, 4 weeks. Give me four weeks and I'll be back in business.
(3:52:21 PM) Redson: And I'll be giving a sale on "Redson Brand kickass"
(3:52:43 PM) Redson: So there should totally be a "Welcome back Redson" tournament.
(3:52:59 PM) Redson: Or something. I dunno. ****loads of friendlies or something.
(3:53:07 PM) Redson: I'll be in the top seven, I know it! AHAHAHAH!

lolololol
LOL. If he gets top 7 then I'll make top 10 with Pokemon Trainer and Toon Link alone.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I've decided to main Sheik in Brawl, this is probably a bad decision >_>

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEN is the next Dibbz monthly? T_T

[edit] someone left some brownies in the oven a couple hours too long. No fire, butnow the whole house smells like chocolate.

I'm not complaining.

Redson

Smash Journeyman

[edit] someone left some brownies in the oven a couple hours too long. No fire, butnow the whole house smells like chocolate.

I'm not complaining.
No.

No. No. Nononononono.

Dear god, NOOOOO!

Bomber7

Smash Hero

I'm not complaining.
I htink you should. It would give Redson some competition and someone to be sheik rivals agaisnt. I could go shiek of course but Redson has "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!!!!!" policy that he strictly enforces in many things, but sheik isnt a bad character, I find her fun to play as. Besides if he wants to make top 7 then he needs some tough competition, thats the only way he can get better, though since he isnt going to another tourny till summer you have plenty of time to master her and you can fight me if you like. Thanks to Redson I didnt get 3 stocked by Lee's sheik.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'll hold you to that, kupo.
But you're not a Moogle!!!

About Lee, I'm both happy and sad that he's not going to gameware! I'll miss him, but easier chance at money XD

Finally, Sudai, about CoT4 vs. WHOBO...

I'll most likely pay at the door. Which means WHOBO's gonna have a $65 fee to play brawl :O

For CoT4, the price isn't anywhere near that and I think all the top players like:

Azen
M2K
Sethlon
Dojo
Hylian
(not sure if the last 3 compare lol)

are all going to CoT4.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Oh, then CoT4 > HOBO14....but wait...MK is banned at HOBO14....

*doesn't make up his mind*

BTW Sars, are you coming to Gameware? If so, who you riding with?

Sudai

Stuff here
Problem with CoT4 is it's far and a full weekend tournie during the school year which means some people may or may not be able to get out of school/off work.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
H_R come to Gameware, its closer and I'm sure you could get a ride. Besides I want to have some dittos with you =D

Take advantage of Lee being gone (not like it makes a difference, Sudai will just pick up the slack while he's gone and kill us all) and try to improve your placings.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You know, I love this thread. And tommorow you guys are really gona make my day. After this week of frustrating head aches(litterally danr oyu global warming) I really need something to unwind to and tommorow's tourny will be that thing. Time to see if my skill has surpassed anyone and to have fun and push harder to rank higher than 25th or 17th. I think I might get higher than 17th this time.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Another problem with CoT4 is the $300 or so it'd take to buy a plane ticket. School makes it really difficult to drive there and back while attending the whole thing.

That said, I'm probably gonna do HOBO 14 despite the Meta ban and fewer/ no top players. $300 is just too much money right now.

Anyways, as I'm sure everyone knows, Gameware is TOMORROW. Show up at 6:00 pm, and bring Wiis, TVs, controllers, and chairs!

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm bringing two friends to the gameware tomorrow.

We're leaving at 2:00 pm, so we should be there at six, and we will bring a full setup.

Please get lots of friendlies with me as I don't travel OOS very often.

And I predict Lee will beat M2K or Azen at CoT4.

I want Lee to ****!!!!

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Im off to GA for TO4 in the morning, folks. If anyone is interested, ill be updating Sa10 throughout. See you all when I get back.

Oh, and Eet, It was already updated cause someone did it before you, but after I requested it. So it was necessary for a request.

Top Bottom