• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
How can you have 0 Snake experience when you've played me at least 20 matches? =p

Anyways, MY CAR POOL IS DEAD. Pritch's won't get out of Florida till tomorrow/Saturday. I now need to squeeze into a car pool somehow.
I haven't even played 20 matches... and that isn't much experience at all anyways. At least, not compared to the bajillions of times Ive played characters such as MK, Marth, Mario, Kirby, Ganon, Lucas.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, my mom's new apartment [she just moved in] flooded today. Busted pipe. All her stuff is ruined, which means her computer that I was going fix, doesn't need to be fixed now. -.-; I'm not going to drive to houma tonight.

-Ran

Smash Master
Gg at no one even offering to ride with me from another car pool who can drive. I can certainly feel the love.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Are you talking about our car.? Pierre's going i think but he's gonna be with Aphra and they're staying at her mom's house. As far as our car though. I mean none of us are small people. 4 People in a little bitty car is almost too much.

-Ran

Smash Master
Gg at no one even offering to ride with me from another car pool who can drive. I can certainly feel the love.
Are you talking about our car.? Pierre's going i think but he's gonna be with Aphra and they're staying at her mom's house. As far as our car though. I mean none of us are small people. 4 People in a little bitty car is almost too much.
I'm not asking people to squeeze, but whatever, I don't really care anymore.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
dude what the f8ck. like for real. that drive is so long and we've done it before it's just terrible. i was like miserable whenever sara rode up with us, and she's tiny

-Ran

Smash Master
For real? All I'm saying is someone could have easily gone, "Oh hey, I can drive too. I'll go ride with Ran." But, whatever. Have fun at the tournament guys. You'd be pretty upset if your car pool, and every avenue that you have attempted failed too, after looking forwards to going to a tournament for a month, and taking time off of work.

-Ran

Smash Master
Sudai said that he doesn't even know if he has a license. Since Freddie never called or got on aim, I could never ask him.

-Ran

Smash Master
Chad is riding with Pierre and Afro, they are going to Afro's relatives. I can't get a ride with him.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
For real? All I'm saying is someone could have easily gone, "Oh hey, I can drive too. I'll go ride with Ran." But, whatever. Have fun at the tournament guys. You'd be pretty upset if your car pool, and every avenue that you have attempted failed too, after looking forwards to going to a tournament for a month, and taking time off of work.
Hah, this sounds familiar... maybe cause it happened to me. But hell, I don't understand the situation. How many people are riding with Lee? If it's more than two people in the car, why can't one just switch and go with Ran instead?

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
despite popular belief. I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING FINAL SMASH 5. because i jus turned 16 and when i asked my parents. they jus looked at me and laughed. lol. they offered to give me a ride and go down there with me. but how embarrising is that?

AnYwAy: ile be at dibbs on saturday DAY! and maby friday night if anyone wants to go.
ile money match anyone that wants to... 5 dollars.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but there's no way I'd be able to make Final Smash. I'm in Tennessee right now. I'm making the 11 hour drive back to Baton Rouge tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone that goes!

Arcadia, thanks for bringing your TV. Will you have a Wii as well?

Also, if anyone wants to bring Pokemon cards to Gameware (decks and trade stuff), that'll be awesome. Roni, I made an old deck, just so we could play.

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet
ran!!! i wouldve been able to ride with u. but our age difference is alot. and kinda sick. lol. a 16 year old and a 23 year old. lol. jus think bout it.
maby if my parents decided to hatch me a year or 2 earlier. then i wouldve been able 2 go! dam the past. lol

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but there's no way I'd be able to make Final Smash. I'm in Tennessee right now. I'm making the 11 hour drive back to Baton Rouge tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone that goes!

Also, if anyone wants to bring Pokemon cards to Gameware (decks and trade stuff), that'll be awesome. Roni, I made an old deck, just so we could play.

CJ the Illest

Smash Cadet

is there anyway you and roni could maby make me a deck? to play with? i had a really good deck back when it was real popular. but i sold em.

or should i jus maby go get a new deck? any advice?

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Friday would a lot better for me to go to Dibbz since I'm off of work. Saturday is still cool, but I can't go until like 11 cuz of work.

Nope no Wii for me to bring. :(

Btw, I just ordered a wavebird so no more Gamestop con for me. :)

-Ran

Smash Master
I'd recommend just a normal Gamecube controller. Wavebirds are infrared based and do have a few frames of delay in them. Also in large tournaments they are banned.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
CJ, I might be able to make you a deck. I'm a bit limited by a lack of trainers. I can try and pull something together for you to play with. If you decide to buy new cards to play with, I have a few new decks. I know ROni has a deck, and Cyphus and Lee have several. I think Ricky has stuff, too. Basically, if you want to play Pokemon, you should be able to play Pokemon.

Arcadia, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure. The TV is a big help.

Sudai

Stuff here
CJ, I always just use one of Lee or Cyphus' decks. They have like 9 each. That's almost 80.

As for infrared vs wired, infrared is actually -faster- than the wired controllers at short distances. The reason wavebirds are frowned upon is the fact that if multiple people used wavebirds at tourneys, the frequencies would mess with each other and cause severe disturbances in the match.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
Arcadia, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure. The TV is a big help.
No problem its been sitting there collecting dust anyway. Its in good condition tho.

As for infrared vs wired, infrared is actually -faster- than the wired controllers at short distances. The reason wavebirds are frowned upon is the fact that if multiple people used wavebirds at tourneys, the frequencies would mess with each other and cause severe disturbances in the match.
Understandable.

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Y'all probably won't need an extra set-up on Saturday (or at least not more than one) because most of our players are either gonna be at FS5 or busy otherwise.

Hats, are y'all coming to the Game Ware Monthly on the 16th?
No, on the 16th Sa10 and I are going to be on our way to Tipped Off 4 over in Georgia. Ill try to make next months one, though. If it, too, will be on the 16th, then itll be my birthday in Feb.

Also, more people who are not going to FS5 should come to Dibbz saturday to give Sa10 and I training for TO4.

Hyro

Smash Lord
despite popular belief. I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING FINAL SMASH 5. because i jus turned 16 and when i asked my parents. they jus looked at me and laughed. lol. they offered to give me a ride and go down there with me. but how embarrising is that?

AnYwAy: ile be at dibbs on saturday DAY! and maby friday night if anyone wants to go.
ile money match anyone that wants to... 5 dollars.
Are you serious man? Dude, let her go. If my mom said that I would go in an INSTANT. Just because she goes to Texas with you doesn't mean she has to go to the tourney with you. ;)I'd be like, "you wait in the hotel, enjoy yourself".

I'd recommend just a normal Gamecube controller. Wavebirds are infrared based and do have a few frames of delay in them. Also in large tournaments they are banned.
A few frames of delay? I knew it! Lee, that's why you always beat me and it's the only reason why. I'm severley handicapped with my wavebird. :laugh:

Friday would a lot better for me to go to Dibbz since I'm off of work. Saturday is still cool, but I can't go until like 11 cuz of work.

Nope no Wii for me to bring. :(

Btw, I just ordered a wavebird so no more Gamestop con for me. :)
I can bring the Wii for your TV :O

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Well just so everyone else knows, Sa10 and I are going to be getting to Dibbz at 1pm on Saturday, and I dont know how long we'll be staying. So I guess whoever comes, comes.

Top Bottom