• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ranmasama

Smash Rookie
are you guys playing tomorrow. we're interested in playing some of the pros. hopefully we can get some 1v1 going and maybe some 2v2 for fun.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I tried to drink, but as usual, my body just rejected it as soon as I took the first sip. Yay for having a somewhat pure body.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
hi guys i'm new to smashboards but not new to brawl. i'll play wi-fi, but i'd prefer to play local, and found my way here. I live in metairie, and i was wondering where to go for some local competition. I was thinking my local dibbz, which is only over the bridge and down the street for me. I've also been looking at clearview mall, doesnt gametrader host a tourney there every week? As for wi-fi, my friend code is 3652-0360-7969. I play as Ike/Sheik.
Looking forward to playing with ya'll!!

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
ronis better that most of you....*******es. me and roni might head there tommorow night......probably not though....0______0 halle berry ssexy

eet

Smash Ace
CYPHUS:

i edited the first post of this thread. got rid of all the tournament results (they dated back to July), nobody cares anymore. Lets start fresh, since as a whole state we've now collectively pro for the first time, imo.

I added a Brawl Power rankings, but kept it to just 7, with the remainging sectioned off. I think its stucture will be pleasing to most, but its open to editing of course or discussion.

We don't have to follow SBR rulesets really...i think everyone will agree Lucas + Ness are too broken for Low tier (the tier list is about to change anyway)...drop them and add Bowser + Sheik.
All in favor?

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
You're lucky Vaughn... I'd rather have stopped at one sip instead of feeling like crap for most of this morning. XP

And I agree with you Lee, that's what I said in my ranking analysis... About him anyway. =D

Idk about replacing Lucas/Ness with Bowser/Sheik... Lee's Sheik is pretty hard-core. >.< Maybe keep Lucas/Ness and add Bowser/Sheik too? I dunno, either way is really fine to me. I'll still go Sonic (assuming he stays Low Tier?). XD

Sudai

Stuff here
Low Tiers

Lee doesn't need Shiek to wreck low tier, that shouldn't be part of the decision anyway.

Shiek is literally un-approachable for a lot of the low tiers. Roll to a corner + chain camp wrecks anyone without A) Better range than the chain; B) A projectile with no hurt box; C) A reliable way to get behind her and remain safe. Of the low tiers, there is Mario (Fireball), PT (All 3 neutral specials), and Lucas (PKT). Shiek should -not- be allowed or chain camping should be banned from usage.

Bowser I could potentially see in the low tier, but I'm not too sure, really. I think if we leave bowser in, we should leave the Earthbound kids in, but if we take any of them out, exclude all three.

--------------------------------

LA Tiers

"LA Solid 7", eh? I like that the "Seven" was written as "7" as well so we have alliteration, but it doesn't look like we're trying for it.

As for the actual order/structure. I think it's too early to put Hyro as number 7. Personally, I think it should be "LA Solid 6" for now. I have no doubt that Hyro is good, but there's always the possibility that he was just having a hammer day. Consistency is a big part of being among the top ranks (as we've seen with other Louisiana players) and I just think we should wait a little longer before adding him up there.

-Ran

Smash Master
Good idea.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, the entire purpose of having a crew is for when you travel out of state. Thus we can begin to discuss this based off of the individuals who have actually left the state to compete. The following players have actually gone out of state at least ONCE for a smash tournament: [I may have missed a few, forgive me. =(]

Lee
Sudai
Cyphus
Ran Iji
Chadly
Pierre
Honorable mention:
FakeGeorge -> Beaumont Smash Fest.

Sudai

Stuff here
r0ni and (possibly) Hyro will be joining that list on the 10th.

That reminds me, Ryan, what's your carpool info looking like so I can add it to the front page?

-Ran

Smash Master
My car is pretty empty at the moment.
Seats 1/5 taken.
My friend Garret/Cloud520 wants to go, but he just had his Tonsils taken out on New Year's eve, so it's doubtful that he'll be feeling up to it. So that leaves just me in it. My car will NOT be staying for Sunday.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
how many days we'll all need off? (i'm talking to both traveling parties)

if we leave friday night (as in 6pm or later) i can still work that morning, and hopefully get off sat and sun.

EDIT

when do ya'll want to leave and plan on coming back day and timewise?

r0ni

Smash Cadet
toon link better go. XD

man LA come on and come to this thing. itll be fun...or something....yeah.

wingstop
= SOOO pro.

-Ran

Smash Master
Personally, I'd like to avoid getting there too late on Friday. I want us to all be rested, not just the passengers. =p

It's going to be an eight hour drive. Google says it's 8 and a half, but we're going to easily make that up with speeding. The tournament starts at 1pm. Also, we want to avoid leaving at a time where we are going to get stuck in any form of traffic on the way there. Meaning, we don't want to be in Houston at 5pm. I'd be fine with leaving around 2-4 pm from New Orleans to get there, assuming we have housing between 10 to midnight. This gives us time to sleeeeeeeep. [or get plenty of friendlies in.] We'd then leave the Sunday once everyone is ready to, no later than 2pm.

Another reason I took the whole day of Friday off, was so that I can get a chance to get my tires changed. xD [and get mad friendlies in.]

Ps: I'm going to be at Dibbz tomorrow at 9:30pm with my Wii. If any of the new guys want to show up [or the usuals] I'm game.

Sudai

Stuff here
My car is leaving from Baton Rouge Friday afternoon asap. Planning to get back mid-day Sunday after leaving when everyone wakes up from the night before.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
lee-yeah im up for it
eet-it too good son...too good.

but yeah i have work at 7 in the morning the next day, so id wanna be home for at least 1 lee

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Came here posting if LA will show up to anywhere soon, turns out tomorrow's a maybe so maybe <_<

Nike.

Smash Hero
<3 LA
You guys actually plan yo **** :D
Quite the smexy

Oh, Texas is trying to get that NT/ST crew battle going on at FS5. 5 players chosen from a list of ten. You should join in and ****

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
given LA's top players and the diverse selection of characters we use, we still dont have any solid wario, ice, or olimar representation in tournaments. (and to a lesser extent: peach, fox, and zelda) All whom are situationally very useful.
is anyone interested in 2nding any of these? I play peach well, but i wouldn't call her one of my true 2ndaries. Most importatnly, we need someone to start playing among the first three mentioned seriously and consistently.

i can pretty much share anything there is to know and do concerning DK, and now recently pika, i'm sure much like nick knows DDD, sudai knows ROB, and lee knows lucario- all of which is crucial in learning from each other- but we need someone to Dedicate to wario, at least.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
given LA's top players and the diverse selection of characters we use, we still dont have any solid wario, ice, or olimar representation in tournaments. (and to a lesser extent: peach, fox, and zelda) All whom are situationally very useful.
is anyone interested in 2nding any of these? I play peach well, but i wouldn't call her one of my true 2ndaries. Most importatnly, we need someone to start playing among the first three mentioned seriously and consistently.

i can pretty much share anything there is to know and do concerning DK, and now recently pika, i'm sure much like nick knows DDD, sudai knows ROB, and lee knows lucario- all of which is crucial in learning from each other- but we need someone to Dedicate to wario, at least.
I second Fox, already. >.> I like to cinsider my fox game close to my Shiek game.

*Is ignored because he sucks*

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
We need to make one anyway, according to Grand Master Smooth Criminal.
>_> It was just a suggestion, Ran. The LA community is so tight-knit and stuff that it would make perfect sense.

*sniffles.*

Unless Grand Master was a compliment.

If that's the case, then I'll start ending my posts with...

Grand Master Smooth Criminal

Hyro

Smash Lord
I'm so depressed :( I need to find a way to go to Final Smash.....I can most likely get to Gameware Monthly.

Oh, and your all going to Dibbz tomorrow? What time?

-Ran

Smash Master
I don't get off of work till 9pm, so I'll be there for 9:30. I'll be bringing a Wii, plus my TV which is never removed from my car. =p

Sudai

Stuff here
I'll probably be there between 9 and 10:30.

John, I'd be willing to pick you up and drop you off on the way to-and-fro if your parents don't want to. Oh, and why are you never on AIM? D: I added you but you never pop up. XD

Top Bottom