• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Jiovanni, while I think you can help him in terms of Brawl, I sincerely doubt ANYONE could do ANYTHING to help him with pimpin ho's.

Maybe the ho's he pays for, but..they'd charge him a pretty high price.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Jiovanni, while I think you can help him in terms of Brawl, I sincerely doubt ANYONE could do ANYTHING to help him with pimpin ho's.

Maybe the ho's he pays for, but..they'd charge him a pretty high price.
You doubt batto's ho pimpin abilities, that means you consider batto ugly, for something ugly to exist that means something attractive of a comparable state must exist, that means you find some men attractive..........

GHEY!!!

lol, j/k....don't mod me bro!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
No offence you guys but I wana make sure my money goes, if it even goes, to someone in a higher tier. And no redson disreguard what i said earlier, just becasue you think you are supposed to be in mid tier and i stupidly said you should be doesnt make it true.

o the grievance of Texas....

anyways yeah I wana money match someone who is currently not in bottom tier along with me. after all what's to gain from constantly fighting guys 2-3 levels ahead of me as compared to fighting a guy 10 levels minimal ahead.

And Red, you have your debt payed off and you con people out of their $ by jumping the gun with bets and bets you know you can because of the person's inexperience or desparity. So no go for you buddy and Batto I just wana friendly or official match. no MM besides Setsuma made the challange >.>

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Redson- I have a girlfriend.

Poppertop- Maybe we can have two MM's worth 5 each? That was I get to play more matches. More fun that way.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Im all for ******* since no one else is. xDD
As for Roni, he's a cool kid... except he took me to FD and play as a laser spamming Falco. That was annoying. Yay for awesome Lucario comebacks.

Redson- **** yes. I cant wait to win more money.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
LOL at everything in the thread. i really love redson and bomber. i havent played redson lately but bombers game has definetely stepped up, as well as Batto since he started using Lucario ;D. I told you batto

Jared(Jiovanni) is the coolest guy in the world. He really makes me miss working at Rouse's and hanging out. We need to chill:laugh:

ALSO welcome to the boards J~rod im pretty sure i remember you.
and ill mm you tee aye aye or however you spell it lol.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
LOL at everything in the thread. i really love redson and bomber. i havent played redson lately but bombers game has definetely stepped up, as well as Batto since he started using Lucario ;D. I told you batto

Jared(Jiovanni) is the coolest guy in the world. He really makes me miss working at Rouse's and hanging out. We need to chill:laugh:
Yeah, Lucario is too beast. He's like Marth but with a projectile and more range. xD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Everyone -but- Battou knows Butthole > *******.

Also, Redson, Battou, Bomber. If any of you want to MM the others, you have to MM me for an equal amount. Y'all are just being stupid. lol
like i said dpending on my holiday $ I'm gona MM but ok.

Setsuma-$5 MM
Sudai-$5 MM and Goggle match(this is gona be epic...fail)

next tourny I see yall just come up to me and we can have a go, though im gona have to remeber to bring the extra $ if i do go through with the MMs

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Yeah, Lucario is too beast. He's like Marth but with a projectile and more range. xD
yeah but. marth perfectly spaced has more tippers and doesnt need aura and has a get out of things feature(UP B). they are both really good though. i think they are even, even at the highest level of play. its just that only smash Masters will be able to perfect his spacing Playstyle ;D

Redson

Smash Journeyman
The only time I ever counterpick is when someone picks Marth. I'll INSATNLY go Pit when people do that, mainly because he's t he only character I know of that can punish that Up B of Marth's. Hi-Ya-Ya-Ya~, and a smart marth will DI out of it. A stupid one with Up B to get out of it, allowing the pit to bring the Hi-ya-ya-ya~ in, then punish with a horrifying Sidesmash2face.

Plus, I <3 Pit's arrows.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
yeah but. marth perfectly spaced has more tippers and doesnt need aura and has a get out of things feature(UP B). they are both really good though. i think they are even, even at the highest level of play. its just that only smash Masters will be able to perfect his spacing Playstyle ;D
Im a smash master!!!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The only time I ever counterpick is when someone picks Marth. I'll INSATNLY go Pit when people do that, mainly because he's t he only character I know of that can punish that Up B of Marth's. Hi-Ya-Ya-Ya~, and a smart marth will DI out of it. A stupid one with Up B to get out of it, allowing the pit to bring the Hi-ya-ya-ya~ in, then punish with a horrifying Sidesmash2face.

Plus, I <3 Pit's arrows.
0.o but you just picked up pit, and that was only cuz you beat raodi who as of right now makes batto look like almost nothing, but if batto has really gotten better then I will be proved wrong, but you gotta admit Red, that New Jersy boy has game...what if raodi was a girl? 0.o

Esca

Smash Champion
Hold on, Redson, your gonna punish Marth's up b with your side-b???? woah

Ill play you with my Pit if you come to BMTfest.

And you too, lee. You know what's good.

Edit: Please never pick Pit against a Marth. I, from experience, know that it is a stupid match-up, regardless of your matchup charts.

Edit2: Lee, pee in my butt.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Hold on, Redson, your gonna punish Marth's up b with your side-b???? woah

Ill play you with my Pit if you come to BMTfest.

And you too, lee. You know what's good.
No no no no, thats just plain silly. Let me re-explain:

A stupid marth, when faced with Pit's dreaded, "Hay-ya-ya-ya~!" will naturally UP-B, taking advantage of Marth's invincible frames to escape what could easily be escaped by DI. The Up-B sends marth straight OVER his enemy, missing Pit completely, setting up up for the next step. When marth lands from an Up-B, he had a lot of landing lag, ging Pit enough time to retract his sword shield spinny of death, and Sidesmash2face.

Better? :D

Esca

Smash Champion
No no no no, thats just plain silly. Let me re-explain:

A stupid marth, when faced with Pit's dreaded, "Hay-ya-ya-ya~!" will naturally UP-B, taking advantage of Marth's invincible frames to escape what could easily be escaped by DI. The Up-B sends marth straight OVER his enemy, missing Pit completely, setting up up for the next step. When marth lands from an Up-B, he had a lot of landing lag, ging Pit enough time to retract his sword shield spinny of death, and Sidesmash2face.

Better? :D
Ahh, okay, I understand now. But not on Battlefield.

But dude, Pit isn't good against Marth. Good marth's overcome spammy arrows, and if they space right, you get tippered the whole match. Since Pit has just a TAD bit smaller range than marth, pit has to try to get inside, but he doesn't have very many options. So while trying to get inside, a Marth can pretty much tipper fsmash everytime. Along with that, Marth is way too good off stage, so he can gimp pit pretty easily. Also, Pit has spammy attacks, but a good Marth can also DI out of the first hit of the f-smash and up-b you. Trust me man, against marth, use somebody like, diddy. =]

Axe rickyb.

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Your so smart redson. Hero :D
What the hell are you planning? I'm onto you...

/fear

And plz, sarcasm really isn't needed. D: I know it's a rather basic manuver, but this is the first time I've really crossed over the boundaries of Sheik and into another character. I'm going to be a little nooby with Pit for a while. >:\

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Hehe, dont get too hasty my little worst of LA brawl peons >:]

I'm not in the tournoment scene in brawl because brawl too easy :]

Nothing against anyone, but to tell you the truth that last quote wasnt serious, but i guess ill have to take yalls money : /

Be prepared :]

2-3

3 stock

double blind

10$ each from redson, bomber, and batto.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
30 dollas in mah pocketttttt

Im interested to see how you improved :] maybe your meta game caught up enough to be able to take me on now :]

Im unusually hyper today, so ill shut up now.

Also concerning things with to4,Pritch correct me if im wrong but you did say you were driving right?

I kinda want to get this stuff straight cause im serious about going to this.

Can i get a count of people who are going to to4?

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, dont get too hasty my little worst of LA brawl peons >:]

I'm not in the tournoment scene in brawl because brawl too easy :]

Nothing against anyone, but to tell you the truth that last quote wasnt serious, but i guess ill have to take yalls money : /

Be prepared :]

2-3

3 stock

double blind

10$ each from redson, bomber, and batto.
I said $5. >:\

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Freddy if Brawl is Soooooo easy then why arent you winning these or placing high in these tournaments. im not talking to you in specific but i mean COME ON. Every melee player is like.. Brawls too easy. If its so easy why arent you making money off of it. i mean its easy money, right? Brawl is a lot deeper than people give it credit for. it's not so much the most technical player wins. More like the smartest player wins. which is a lot harder in my opinion

Redson

Smash Journeyman
Freddy if Brawl is Soooooo easy then why arent you winning these or placing high in these tournaments. im not talking to you in specific but i mean COME ON. Every melee player is like.. Brawls too easy. If its so easy why arent you making money off of it. i mean its easy money, right? Brawl is a lot deeper than people give it credit for. it's not so much the most technical player wins. More like the smartest player wins. which is a lot harder in my opinion
+9001 awesome points

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Heh, i don't play brawl simply because i think its boring,

I have a job so i don't rly care about having a **** ton of money,

What you said is true, there's rly no technical aspect of brawl, and yes, the smarter player who's able to comprehend the meta game of certain match ups better, will win.

But to be honest, my opinion about brawl is its too slow. that's why i don't like it.

But isn't everyone entitled to their own opinion? :]

And about the "brawl too easy" comment, I still stick by it. But some people are just better than me at brawl.

Also, I play smash for a totally different reason than making money.

:p

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

ALSO welcome to the boards J~rod im pretty sure i remember you.
and ill mm you tee aye aye or however you spell it lol.
Thanks friend, I been meanin to call you but work, women, and school had me tied down. I have my last final tomorrow and my lady friend leaves tomorrow so imma have a bunch of free time on my hands. Maybe we can go up to Houma and have a lil fishin trip then go to Big Al's...my treat ;)

Pritch

Smash Lord
*agrees with freddy*

This is really similar to when people come up to me and are like "matt, you're a musician, why aren't you good at/interested in guitar hero?" To which my reply is always that given the choice between playing a stripped down, easy-mode version of music or playing jazz saxophone I'm going to take the real music every time without thinking twice. Consequently, there exist many people out there who are much better than me at guitar hero who I guaruntee could NEVER hack it on a real bandstand.

Now, I have friends who are also good musicians who enjoy those games, and more power to them. People like Lee, Sudai, etc likewise show that the same can occur for melee and brawl. But it's ridiculous to assume that being competent in the deeper game/music automatically guarantees you're going to be interested enough to GET competent in the other. It's true for guitar hero vs real music, and it's true for brawl vs melee. The easier one just bores some people.

And incidentally, if the most technical player always won melee tournaments players like drephen or vidjo would never place high in anything and silent wolf would win every tournament he attended. Just throwing that out there.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Wait Freddy.. If you don't like Brawl, why are you challenging people to random money matches?

(Especially if you just said you don't play for money..)

Top Bottom