• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

VVB

SD Champ
OK!

So, I've REALLY been missing Melee for a while now, but I just realized that I've done nothing about it.

SOOOOOO I contacted a local gaming cafe to hook us up with a place to hold some games/bi-weeklies/tournys hosted by yours truly, Moi.

This is the invitation to:

MFTW
(Melee for the WIN!)

Where?
CyborLAN Gaming Center
127 Arnould Blvd.
Lafayette, Louisiana 70506

When?
Starting 6/12/08 at 6pm till when ever they kick us out. This is a bi-weekly, so its going to be every other week to this date.

Why?
MOAR MELEE PLZ. CUZ.

Anyway, the details happen like this.

- 5$ gets you in for whatever. Friendly/hangout/tourny/whatever.
- The pot will be split accordingly, but 15% will go to owner for letting us use the space. Rest goes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- I really want this to focus on Melee play...but i GUESS, MAYBE we can play brawl...maybe.
- Cyborlan said they would hook us up with a free hour on their PCs to play whatever games they have there.
- Bananas.

I've been wanting to start bi-weeklies in Lafayette area for a while to get the community over here a little stronger. I figured this was a cool way to do it. Alittle late, but still good. I would really like to see this turn out really well and i would appreciate if i could get a couple of you guys to join in on the fun. Its a good place to hang and just game. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever else. Hope i will see you guys there!

-Lite

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
WELL, that is true.

However, I stand a better chance at getting stabbed in NOLA then I do in Atlanta. So, I'll stay over here.

Smooth Criminal
lol so true though

point taken smooth criminal

(esp. if u diss lil wayne around any generic new orleans mid city folk)

D

Deleted member

freddy, we will soon play. american kyu isnt anything special. not to be mean or anything.
funny thing is i havent actually played a game but i study strategy almost every night.

i may go to georgia, but my melee has been lacking lately. if i can bring my game back up, my chances increase greatly.

and to dr.lite; will flare fox be there? if so, im totally there.

lastly, i consider myself good at pool. not good in a pro since; but occasionally run a table and able to beat most any noobs you find in a BR bar kind of good. this is a recent occurrence, so if anyone played me more than 6 months ago it's quite different now.

lastly. ill take ANY beer pong or any other alcohol related ping pong bouncing money matches. im a self proclaimed beast.

edit:: dam i didnt realize the georgia tournament was this weekend. there are so many players on the pre reg list. i wish i had gotten my act together earlier! im really frustrated about missing it. hopefully, with the re-realization that melee is too good; more tourneys will follow.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
I can't wait to bring you off your high f ucking horse. Thinking you're so good. And Setsuma, Ill play you, but Im mediocre at melee. xD
i dont go around saying im good, I just know that I destroy you 99% of the time. And it's funny how at dibbz you cry about how I make fun of you on the boards and you say your joking but yet YOU STILL insist on starting **** online?

Get good please.

Speaking of Pool, I would be happy to money match anyone in a 9 Ball or 8 Ball and even 1-Pocket pool games if we have some serious pool players here. And Im not joking, $20, - $50 a game.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Batt, I've played Ever Power, he's good. He beat me, barely, but he did it.

Considering that fact and the fact that you suck so much, I believe I'm inclined to agree with him. You really shouldn't get off his balls, or just **** him in his sleep and get the sexual tension out of your system. But seriously, stop being a *****, take your suck-at-smash pill like a man.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
getting stabbed is awsome

i was thinking about the breakfest cereal tier list:

top tier
fruity pebbles

thats as far as i got

ya melee is way better than brawl its a shame thiking about what could have been. I think all future tournies should consist melee and brawl if possible. Its still to early to close the door but melee should definetly be contined on donut

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
yall make me wanna step up my pool game again. I used to be a shark in high school

lol me and my dad would play for at least 7 hours a week

lucky charms have to be high tier
cinnamon toast crunch = mid at best
cookie crisp= low
frosted flakes = broken
capn crunch is pretty high as well

Shore Top

Smash Cadet
sounds awesome dr lite. ill be there any chance i get. im moving away from br to lafayette in august so ill need to get in the lafayette melee crew. ive talked wesley and he said you guys still play melee so thats good.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Batt, I've played Ever Power, he's good. He beat me, barely, but he did it.

Considering that fact and the fact that you suck so much, I believe I'm inclined to agree with him. You really shouldn't get off his balls, or just **** him in his sleep and get the sexual tension out of your system. But seriously, stop being a *****, take your suck-at-smash pill like a man.
When did I play you? Who were you?

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like to try as many different kinds of beers as long as its offered in any stores around here or circumstancially i get access too. Light beers are my least favorite. I like most dark beers.

my favorite beers
-Becks, Corona Extra, Abita Amber, Dos Equis, Guiness Draught, Dixie, Miller Genuine Draft, Budweiser, Amberbock
runners up: Tecate, Killians, Foster, Bluemoon...to name a few

Worst Beer Ever Had
Sol

Biggest Dissapointments
Landshark (its budlight. no really! the company is actually owned by Bud..and its virturally the same recipe for 2 dollars more per 6 pack)
Fosters (not made in Australia. Made in Canada. Thats why its so cheap for "Imported")

beer preferance has alot of variables though...asuming the beer is at its own specific level of coldness...
am i actually thirsty? do i get to eat something with this beer? Am i only going to drink 2..or am i expected to drink a 6 pack?
Plus sometimes u just need to mix things up...getting the same beer too often makes you sorta sick of it, which is why i dont have a "favorite"..but atm..i'd deffinately like some Becks.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
i dont go around saying im good, I just know that I destroy you 99% of the time. And it's funny how at dibbz you cry about how I make fun of you on the boards and you say your joking but yet YOU STILL insist on starting **** online?

Get good please.

Speaking of Pool, I would be happy to money match anyone in a 9 Ball or 8 Ball and even 1-Pocket pool games if we have some serious pool players here. And Im not joking, $20, - $50 a game.
Really? Cause I've NEVER had you destroy me in Brawl before.

Interesting. Anyways, you know what time that Vegita-X or whatever is supposed to host that tourney tomorrow? Or his phone?

Try and prove yourself there, ha.

VVB

SD Champ
I would REALLY like to see you BR and Houma guys out here. That would be a ****ing amazing turnout.

@Taylor - FFox is at a internship in Indiana... So he won't be able to come :(. But please try to make the trip. Laffy crew has stepped up since you've last played us.

Patrick - DUDE HELL YEAH! Thats good news! We could always use some good practice. Try to come down and make it for the tourney. You're always welcome here, along with Wes and Matt.

Ever? Sars? Batt? Sets? Cyphus? Lee? Down? Whoever else?

Let us know if you can make it.

Killian's FTW.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya capn crunch is up there, i love that ****

i cant really say i enjoy drinking beer, i like the effect it has on me but thats about it... like if it was non alcholic beer that would be ********. the only time i ever enjoyed beer is while eating crawfish, of course then get up swagger away from the table and have drunken sex with ur cousin in law

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Taylor, i dont play on an american server. also, kyu really doesnt mean anything until you get to the Ds and Ps

Pro/Dan. Sorry, but i know what im talking about in this game.

uhmm my head just exploaded.

Reguarding somehing improtant, i would like to hitch a ride with whoever is going to the little melee thing thats going down in laffy.

I have a new phone number guys, for reason i cant say.

225-270-6935

also, tay/ever we need to get hammered together one night soon.

Actually im about to flip a **** cause people dont know how to answer their god dam phones.
I mean seriously, is it that fhucking hard to just ANSWER A ****ING PHONE!?!?!?!??

My god, you fkers make it seem like its the hardest thing in the world.

Fkin pisses me off.

edit for vaughn and Eric.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
where and when is the tourney tomorrow.
There is supposedly a tournament being held at Dibbz for MvC, GG, and Smash by some guy named Vegita-x. I called Dibbz and when they looked on the poster, they said there was no posted time. I looked on the forums and Vegita-x said to call him, but I cant find his number anywhere? It's kinda weird. Unless one of you guys figure it out soon, Im most likely not going.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Worst Beer Ever Had
Sol
That means you never had natty lite at beer pong thursday and then get your *** handed to you twice while sober...not fun. Honestly I usually drink beer after I'm pretty thrashed already, but I can honestly say that Corona should definitely be moved down on the beer tier list, it's so overrated.

im about to go to dibbz tonight to play melee somebody come plzzz
If you mean Friday, then I'll be there, but I'm warning you, I'm so outta practice for melee that I can barely function but some practice should be good.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
I'll try be at MFTW. Not on the 12th, though... bad weekend for me to leave town. But 2 weeks from then, expect me.

D

Deleted member

you dont call me freddy.

and like i said, ive never played an actual game but dont underestimate me. all i know of ranking systems is what ive read, not experienced. so we'll see what happens.

D

Deleted member

favorite beers (list will be edited as i remember more):

(in no particular order) abita wheat (and most wheat beer that isnt sweet), shiner bock, shiner hefeweizen (and most other hefeweizens), harp lager, abita strawberry, all chimay, abita turbo dog, newcastle, sapporo, a lot of random micro brewed beers no one has ever had.

also good but not pro:
killians, blue moon, birra moretti, guiness, stella, abita amber, dos equis, modelo especial and negro (but not corona).

best beer for your dollar:
1. miller high life
2. steel reserve (211) (also like 8% alcohol content, but is not natty.)

worst beers:
anything in a green bottle (seriously, this holds true)
additionally: hoegaarden. 0m9 caster oil.

thats all i can think of right now. ive had more beer though, some on my mind that i cant name and some i dont remember im sure. ive done too much beer testing to be 19.

and americans drink ***** beer. most other country's avg abv content is 10+%. ours is like 5%. ive had alot of stuff at the Chimes that was amazing but i cant remember the names.

this was just the american/normal imports list.

more to come.

D

Deleted member

they're talking **** in brawl lol.

battousai sucks at melee.

edit::
the date just clicked for me. mftw is on a thursday? if this is the case i'll definitely make it. its much easier to get off work then rather than a friday or saturday.

D

Deleted member

freddy do you play on IGS / Pandanet?

those are the same thing i just didnt know what it was generally referred as. it seems to be the main international go server.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
this time; we're not both off eric
You're working tomorrow night? :shakes head: No no, no can do, mange. You're critical to the events going on tomorrow night. My friend from college is gonna be in town, and I've been telling him about the amazingness of competitive melee here in BR and you and Kyle must be there. You two are paramount to the BR talent pool. You may be chuckling to yourself right now, but he'd more be interesting than I am/was as far as Melee goes. 1v1, no items, he could 4 stock me every single time without breaking a sweat as Peach, so I told him he'd have to give it a shot against yous guys.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
OK!

So, I've REALLY been missing Melee for a while now, but I just realized that I've done nothing about it.

SOOOOOO I contacted a local gaming cafe to hook us up with a place to hold some games/bi-weeklies/tournys hosted by yours truly, Moi.

This is the invitation to:

MFTW
(Melee for the WIN!)

Where?
CyborLAN Gaming Center
127 Arnould Blvd.
Lafayette, Louisiana 70506

When?
Starting 6/12/08 at 6pm till when ever they kick us out. This is a bi-weekly, so its going to be every other week to this date.

Why?
MOAR MELEE PLZ. CUZ.

Anyway, the details happen like this.

- 5$ gets you in for whatever. Friendly/hangout/tourny/whatever.
- The pot will be split accordingly, but 15% will go to owner for letting us use the space. Rest goes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- I really want this to focus on Melee play...but i GUESS, MAYBE we can play brawl...maybe.
- Cyborlan said they would hook us up with a free hour on their PCs to play whatever games they have there.
- Bananas.

I've been wanting to start bi-weeklies in Lafayette area for a while to get the community over here a little stronger. I figured this was a cool way to do it. Alittle late, but still good. I would really like to see this turn out really well and i would appreciate if i could get a couple of you guys to join in on the fun. Its a good place to hang and just game. Let me know if you have any questions or whatever else. Hope i will see you guys there!

-Lite
If this was on the weekend I could Go. I work Overnight 10pm-7am mon-fri.

Thus Why I won't be attending.

Sudai

Stuff here
Sudai is home. Going from being surrounded to by tons of people and having fun, to being at home with no one around, while the girlfriend is out on a road trip with her grandma...sucks..

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Im about as good at Brawl as I am bad at Melee..... jk, not that bad. Im mediocre. I love brawl though.

Sudai

Stuff here
Im about as good at Brawl as I am bad at Melee..... jk, not that bad. Im mediocre. I love brawl though.
So...I don't know what's funnier. The thought that you're good at Brawl, or the thought that you're "bad" at melee, when I'd call it closer to "I lose to people that play with their eyes closed".

Oh, and don't think that Lee was following in Matt's footsteps on the "hate-batt-wagon." Lee has lllooonnnggg since been a proponent of the anti-battousai movement.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
So...I don't know what's funnier. The thought that you're good at Brawl, or the thought that you're "bad" at melee, when I'd call it closer to "I lose to people that play with their eyes closed".

Oh, and don't think that Lee was following in Matt's footsteps on the "hate-batt-wagon." Lee has lllooonnnggg since been a proponent of the anti-battousai movement.
Meanie.... xD

How would you even know, since you've never played me in Brawl?

Top Bottom