• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I've added BTB/Billion, MuraRengan, and ShyGuy to my Brawl friendslist. My friendcode is posted on the page before this one.
I'd like to play some new blood to see if what SRK says about Samus is accurate. I suspect that it isn't. She isn't useless in Brawl.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
I predict the first [big] LA Brawl tourney will be on May 10, and at Laser Tag.

I also predict that I'll have the rules and stuff up, maybe even definitely in a new thread, in a day or two.
i live right in front of the laser tag at sherwood. i didnt know about the first one but im definately going to the next one

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
I've added BTB/Billion, MuraRengan, and ShyGuy to my Brawl friendslist. My friendcode is posted on the page before this one.
I'd like to play some new blood to see if what SRK says about Samus is accurate. I suspect that it isn't. She isn't useless in Brawl.
She's not useless. She isn't super-great either (atm anyway). She does have high tier potential and possesses one of the best moves in the game.

Samus is also in the top 5, maybe top 3 in the following categories.

1. Combopower. Her combo potential is incredible and one of my best ones so far was on Lee of all people like 3 days ago. (ledgehop fair --> jab--> sh zair --> grab -->fthrow off the stage -->utilt for the KO as he tried to jump back on).
2. Spacing. Samus is one of the hardest, if not hardest, characters to approach in Brawl. Lee will probably back me up on this.
3. Landing lag. She has none whatsoever.
4. Recovery. Wonderful. Upb goes higher, her bigger size aids in grabbing the ledge, bomb jumping is still possible, her tether is arguably the best because it's one of the longest and it doesn't need to be angled like Olimars.
5-Edgeguarding. Great overall. She doesn't have much trouble gimping recoveries overall. There's only a few characters that really give me problems. Ike especially, but I'm working on a solution to that so I can put an end to Lee's shenanigans once and for all.

However, pros/people in general trash Samus for one major reason. Given how Brawl works they are well within their rights to do so.

She's easily one of the worst on the stage killers in this game. Dead ****ing serious.

She has three good kill moves(bair, dair, dtilt) and two half decent ones (charged shot and fsmash). All five of them are stupidly hard to hit pretty much anybody with. Dtilt is the easiest to pull off and it doesn't kill until ******** percentages with proper DI.

Because of that one reason alone, she'll probably never be higher than high-mid/low-high tier unless some broken glitch/tech for her to KO like a normal character is discovered. Her Brawl learning curve also stomps her 64/Melee learning curves into oblivion because of that.

I still love her though and am dedicated to making her a viable character.

As for Dibbz, I won't be there today more than likely.

Good chances I'll arrive early on Saturday though cause me and Lee need to test some things and we'd like to do it before too many people arrive.

D

Deleted member

it's not a consistent thing, so you should try and make the first one.

D

Deleted member

so, im sure most the people dont know, but my headlight and taillight have been out for a while. the first time i got pulled over, drunk, coming home from dylans house, expired inspection sticker, not wearing my seatbelt, blasting my system (disturbing the peace), with a 12 pack and empty bear bottles in the car; i get off with only a ticket for the lights being out and the cop was very nice and told me how to take care of it without paying the ticket. didnt bust me for drinking, didnt notice the stereo, inspection sticker, or my seatbelt, and didnt hassle me. too easy.
i get pulled over like a week later for the same ****. this time i was also speeding 11 miles over the limit coming out of johnny li's neighborhood. this time the cop notices my inspection sticker but doesnt do anything about it. other than that it could have been the same ticket + speeding but without the drunk driving (i was sober). he lets me off with no ticket and was really nice about the whole thing. just tells me to slow down and get the lights fixed. both of these two incidents, the cops asked to search my car, but didnt look heard at all and didnt find any empty beer bottles. i think i only had them in the first incident but w/e.
so i got pulled over again tonight. this time, way drunker than any other time and the cops were total *****. this is the first time there are 2 cops and i didnt even know it at first. im coming back from bayou billiards on florida, after playing pool with Jamone. im way drunk. not just over the legal limit for underage, but probably over the regular limit. im wearing my 'deputy sheriff' shirt with a hammer and sickle on the back. the first thing he asks me is about the shirt and i tell him it's a joke. i tried to throw my cigarette out the window twice, and both times he warns me for littering (lol, and he still didnt know i was drunk?), then the other cop comes on the other side of the car and asks me why i have my pants below my waste (what a douche). i explain that when i get in the car, my pants get pulled down and he backs off. the cop goes through the usual, where are you coming from/going, and have you been drinking. i respond with coming from a friend's house playing pool, and i havent been drinking. the other cop pulls out like 6 empty beer cans/bottles (>.>) and im like, oh hell. he notices my expired sticker and asks me to step out of the car. for the first time ever, he forces me to the ground (not like pushes me, but slowly makes me go down. it didnt hurt or anything, but like im wtf.). so he pats, me down and his assistant searches the car. thiis is when he finds all the cans but doesnt find my cold un-open beer i have under the seat (that probably would have f-ed me.). the main cop drills me on if i've been drinking and after repeated no answers, he lets me up off the ground. he asks me to sit on his car and wait a minute. i tell him i got pulled over recently for the lights, and im trying to get them fixed before the court date because it's an electrical problem, not just bulbs. he runs my numbers and comes back asking me more questions. i tell him where i go to school (lol), where i work, and that my dad is a retired fire department chief. after all this bull****, he lets me go with no ticket, even after all the empty cans and putting me the ground and ****.
while the last encounter was fscked up, they put me on the ground for no reason, and searched my car without consent, i still got out with no ticket, and only 1 ticket out of the 3 encounters that i can easily get out of.
tell me, who has more luck with cops than that?

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
A) Stop pushing your luck.
B) BR cops are generally cool unless you give them a reason to be *****.
c) Telling them you have active/retired FD or police brass helps you in ways you can't even begin to imagine.

Hell sometimes I wished I lived in BR simply for the half-decent cops.

NO area cops are all super ****ing ***** except for Metairie, they tend to be ok-ish.
Harahan cops are the worst. They're racist, sexist, greedy, self-serving ****s who will pull you over and arrest you for the smallest half-legitimate reason they can get. **** them all. I've never had an even remotely half-pleasant dealing with them in my life. Never heard anybody who has either. I only go into Harahan if it's absolutely necessary.

Fun tip a retired Jeff Parish narc Lt. ex-neighbor once told me. Donate to the "Fraternal Order of Police". Like uh $30 is the minimum if memory serves me,, do that once a year or so I think and they'll send you a sticker in return. Put it on your car and your chances of getting pulled over are reduced significantly. I had one for about seven months when I had my car and didn't get pulled over once.

Oh and they don't need consent if they have probable cause. The inspection sticker alone is more than enough probable cause for them to search. Forget the drunkenness/lack of headlights.

D

Deleted member

i mean, they didnt know i was drunk and the inspection sticker and lights were only probable cause of me being a dumb ***. all the other cops specifically asked but these guys were lame. but oh well, no ticket.

Sudai

Stuff here
Dude. Taylor. You are so lucky. Wow.

I'm totally there for the LT tournament. Can't wait for the post~ : D

Smash boards has been mindgaming me for like...3 days. Haven't been able to view any pages. It sucked. Went down on April 2nd cause they effed up trying to roll back the servers or some shiz. Iunno.

My little Bro's birthday is tomorrow. Getting a space walk. Effing right. I'm gonna be jumping in that ***** like a little kid. I'll probably be knocking little 5/6 year olds all over the place on accident, but w/e.

Oh! Oh! My little bro has a girlfriend named Elizabeth and she's coming tomorrow. Lmao. His first girlfriend at the age of 6.

I'm probably gonna be up in BR on Sunday? If anyone wants to hang out. Probably like...10-6 or something. Maybe later depending.

Pizzle?

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
1. Where is Laser Tag tourney and when? (Am i to understand this is going to be the first big LA brawl tourney?)

2. Dibbz tonight I will be at shortly from ~8-9

3. bad grammar i have

Sudai

Stuff here
Click the link Randall posted/that's in me and Randall's sig. They have an address, time, and date on there. www.mapquest.com for directions. It's not hard to get to, kind of tricky to find because it's behind a bank, but it's not bad.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the bank got demolished, so that's not an issue anymore.

Yeah, go ahead and post it on allisbrawl. I was thinking about doing that myself, but I haven't really looked into it yet.

EDIT: I went ahead and posted it on allisbrawl. Facebook is next, haha.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, it's probably better that one of the host post it on AllisBrawl. If you're using Tio, the site like..auto-reports results and people can view pools on there, but iunno what you're planning to use.

I'll invite some of my AllisBrawl friends to this since a few are in Texas.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, thanks. And yeah, I'll probably use tio for Singles. That'll be awesome if your friends could make it.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Sucks I have an exam that day.. =[

Anyway Sudai, if you're going to be in town Sunday, you can come play at our place. Just give me a call if you want to.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
****.. There's hardly been any posts today. Weird.. =/

Anyway, Sudai, LSU is kinda silly with their scheduling. They have to make it where no exams interfere with any others, so my philosophy exam had to fall on that Saturday from 3-5 p.m. Which really sucks because I really wanted to play, but Randall tells me that I might be able to make FFA, which is better than nothing and should be fun. I heard another Late Night is coming soon too, so keep your ears open, man.

And sounds good, man. I'll be seeing you tomorrow. Just give me that ring. =]

And are you kidding me? You can't say "d*mn" on the boards? That's stupid.. =[

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
im sorry buy you fail.
This is from my experience with them and from what others have told me. I don't live in BR granted, but the dealings I have had with BR cops due to my many many daylong/weekend visits going to football games, LSU parties and visiting friends that live there/go to LSU are somewhat pleasant, at least compared to NO/Harahan cops.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
This is from my experience with them and from what others have told me. I don't live in BR granted, but the dealings I have had with BR cops due to my many many daylong/weekend visits going to football games, LSU parties and visiting friends that live there/go to LSU are somewhat pleasant, at least compared to NO/Harahan cops.
agreed. nopd is more a club of douchebags with cars than a police department

brpd is the **** i was speeding on the interstate coming back to nola one sat night after partying with lsu friends. clearly drunk, got off with a seatbelt citation. WIN

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
yorenec, you should come to my apt and play/hang out

8939 jefferson hwy apt 1301
Dude if I had any possible way of getting to BR other than a ride/bus, I'd do it.

I have no real car of my own that I can use at will atm.

I wish I had people to play during weekdays. (Calling you out Metairie/Kenner/NO people.)

Online is really starting to get on my nerves and I'd much rather fight level 8/9 CPUs over and over than deal with input lag that gets me into the habit of compensating for it in almost everything i do.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
so im comming back to the smash scene childeren.

bewarez haha jk.

but yeah cops in BR are *******s. i was driving my friends car, (he drives a g35 type S) in my neighborhood comming back from the movies, a cop decides to pull me over for no reason. im guessing it's because police officers have to meet a certain quota (tickets, arrest, ect,) near the end of the month. We had illegal substances in the car, so we hid them as he was comming to the car.

i do not have a drivers permit, or a licences, so i said i left it at home, he gave me a ticket later for not having a license, but ill get on with the rest of the story,

so,

I rolled down my window, and he said something like (wheres the pot at guys?) and we replied with an innocent, ( we dont do drugs sir) so basically during the time were pulled over he kept asking us trick phrases such as ( so did you guys smoke all of the pot before i pulled you over?) i again replied with a no.

he gives me my ticket and then asks to see my friend.
My friend goes over to the car, and if what my friend said was correct,
the officer stated ( i know you have drugs in the car, i cant search you, so **** it. get home safely.

so he again replied with a ( i dont smoke, but thank you for the consideration) all around being polite, we left and went to my freinds house on the corner of the street where we got pulled over.

basically, i could have had several chargers, driving without a license and alot of other things.

My friend is 18 so he could have gotten what i would like to call * double-fcked*

Luck is awesome.

anyway, i just thought i would share my luck stories, but yeah, i have been pulled over other times, and they were all a$$hats.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
isnt it funny how brawl was supposed to be the advent of our community, yet instead it has thrown our entire competitive scene into chaos?

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I'm definitely coming down to Dibbz Friday if anyone can give me a place to stay the night (be it in BR, NO, w/e, I just can't go home after). I'm willing to drive people. Helping with gas money would be awesome, but I'm not gonna demand it. I talked to Eric and he said he might come. Basically, I'm looking at Vaughn, Eric, and Taylor cause they said they wanted to come last week but we didn't go. I really don't care when we leave/get back, so long as we leave to go to Dibbz before 7-8ish.

I talked to Eric already and he might be coming. Vaughn/Taylor are yet to respond to my text, hence why I'm posting this here. You guys know my number. Hit me up here, AIM, phone, whatever.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I couldn't put you up for a night, Sudai, but Dibbz often lets people stay there until as late as six the next morning. I remember pulling a twenty-four-hour Brawl marathon the first time I played, noon to noon.
Let me know on AIM if you can hook me up with a ride. Gas money I can probably do, but if I can't, then I won't bug you.

D

Deleted member

lol i have hilarious business i must attend to friday. sorry champ.

and sudai i have the wrong number for you. everytime i call it this old confused asian man picked up. and i didnt know who your text was from.

and freddy, without the full competitive scene for melee; the camaraderie of it, i think it lost alot of it's sparkle for me. not playing the game, i still love that, but traveling long distances. i dont think ill be driving very far for melee or brawl in the future.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Dude if I had any possible way of getting to BR other than a ride/bus, I'd do it.

I have no real car of my own that I can use at will atm.

I wish I had people to play during weekdays. (Calling you out Metairie/Kenner/NO people.)

Online is really starting to get on my nerves and I'd much rather fight level 8/9 CPUs over and over than deal with input lag that gets me into the habit of compensating for it in almost everything i do.
Destrehan? Not really that far.

Sudai

Stuff here
I guess it's good all three of you guys were iffy about Dibbz on Friday cause like...I'm a total n00b. Prom is this Saturday and my girlfriend would chop my d!ck off if I was drowsy during that..

Next week...? Lol. BR sucks at going to Dibbz for Brawl. >>;

Top Bottom