• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

im omfg drunk. it took like 10 mins to type this properly. literally. ill comment on cyphus's list tomorrow. right now i just rly want to puke.

*still wants to puke*

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Check it out, Sudai. I'm totally off next Friday, so we should definitely go to Dibbz. And thanks for your earlier comment (except I'm not quite ready for children.. lol..). You're quite nice yourself, man. Which is why we really gotta make this Dibbz thing happen.

I don't think anyone's giving Yoshi enough credit, honestly. He's better than he was before. All of his aerials are good and his smashes are still powerful. His eggs are even better than before and he has more means of recovering too.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
...cyphus's guesstimated brawl tier list...(in no particular order)
------------------
Top: Pit, Meta, Snake, Rob, Toon
High: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Marth, Ike, Ice, Diddy, Mr.G
Mid: Luigi, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pika, Ness, Zelda, Peach, Dedede, Sonic, Olimar
Low: DK, Zamus, Sheik, Lucario, Mario, Lucas, Capt, Jiggly
Bottom: Trainer, Yoshi, Bowser, Wario, Ganon
-----------------
no, thats all messed up, marth is top tier, pit is high tier, fox is mid tier, link/samus/sonic are low tier, olimars high tier, shiek/lucas midtier, capt. bottom tier, wario low tier. Other than that its pretty acurate.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
no, thats all messed up, marth is top tier, pit is high tier, fox is mid tier, link/samus/sonic are low tier, olimars high tier, shiek/lucas midtier, capt. bottom tier, wario low tier. Other than that its pretty acurate.
It's about as accurate as yours is....which is total guesswork. =p

Sudai

Stuff here
For now, all tier list a guess work. Anyone remember how much the tier list in Melee changed? And it was pretty obvious who was better than who in Melee. The only obvious things in brawl are that Capt. Falcon SUCKS and that Pit is a god among campers, but kind of sucks if that's all you try to do with him.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
its not total guess work for me, its about realizing which characters are better and taking in to consideration who people will be playing and how well they will be doing with them.

It will come down the moderators desicion after many tournaments are played. Is my guess better than anyone elses i dunno maybe not but when i make a tier list its about what i read on the forums, the people i play online, the tier list discussion, and the results of tournaments posted, with all that i form my "guess"

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
but when i make a tier list its about what i read on the forums, the people i play online, the tier list discussion, and the results of tournaments posted, with all that i form my "guess"

lol, and u dont think my tier list is based of those too?
for the record i read about tiers in the Smash Back Room where its discussed intelligently (well sometimes)

"marth is top tier, pit is high tier, fox is mid tier, link/samus/sonic are low tier, olimars high tier, shiek/lucas midtier, capt. bottom tier, wario low tier. Other than that its pretty acurate."

marth may be top tier, but for no he has not super high placement in any major brawl tourney (to my knowledge). Pit just ***** everyone. best projectile, best recovery, range, attack longevity, no lag, excellent off the stage-edgeguarder. He's got EVERYTHING. At least marth is easier to edgeguard and punish in batle. Play Mangoman (best pit i know, and he's from LA). he lingers in the allisbrawl.com match-making chatroom often.

Fox can dash attack to uptilt combo half the characters to 50+%, d.throw to upAir characters at mid percent, and dashing upSmash is still the fastest good punishment move in the game still.
Link is alot like toon link actually. he can projectile spam like a beast. I'd say he's more defensive than Toon actually, and countering offenses- his f.smashes is rediculous.
Samus, watch Sethlon vs Hylian on youtube. Shows you how, atm, her grapple beam should be used.
Sonic? Didn't u play lee?
Olimar is amazing against all the big, slower targets. But i still say pixie characters can own him. I personally know, more than anything in this game, IceClimbers COUNTER olimar. I've never lost to an olimar w/ them, and i've played some god**** good olimars. True that may be only one matchup, Once Olimar is off the level, he has the worst recovery in the game (= to ivysaur). Plus everytime he dies, he has to waste his invincibility.

all i'll say about capt for now is he can still combo people across levels.
and Wario sux. No range, bad recovery, several moves that leave him severly open, slow, he's not even strong. His smashes are comparatively weak to others, his tilts are slow and dont kill, etc, etc.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
*** mangoman whoever the hell that is, like i need to see some other noob's pit, i play pit more than any other character i know what hes capable of.

Ya lees sonic is good but lee could probly be good with any character, doest make sonic any better.

fox could be low high or high mid,

samus and link are not that good when compared to other characters.. putting them in mid tier is being generous

wario is better than u think

Sudai

Stuff here
ok, ur right.
I laffed.

Sunday = Brawl day for me apparently. For the past three weeks I've been free to brawl and this week is no different. Lol. Vaughn, I'll call you up around lunch time?

Eric, Taylor, Friday = Dibbz. Let me know. Need a place to crash for the night for that too if anyone cares to offer. Vaughn, are you 100% for Friday?

I don't care how much you've researched into tiers and what not, the game is a month old. It's all still ****ed guess work. Either way, I agree with Vaughn and Greg. Eff tiers. The need for a counterpick list is much greater than the need for a tier list. It's not as dry-cut as it was in melee.

Also, Greg...my clothes are already off. What do I do? Can I rip off skin?

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
Yea, I'm a Samus main and I don't think she deserves anything higher than low-mid/high-low tier atm, though she'll probably jump up in the future as she's figured out better and new techs are found.

Zair and her high tier edgeguarding are all she really has going for her.

Zair isn't that great either, people are starting to figure out it's limits and how to avoid it.

I haven't really played much the past week though so dunno of any new developments

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have an optional wedding to go to at 7....any other good offers? wedding = free boos...dibbz? eh..maybe? iunno.
Lee is in los angelas now.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100%, Sudai. One of my co-workers had absolutely no hours this coming week, so I volunteered him one of my shifts. So it works out for both of us. So I'm up for it if you're still up for it and you're welcome to stay at our place if you need to. We just cleaned it and everything today. =D

And yeah feel free to call me anytime. I'm off the entirety of Sunday. It'll be fun. =]

Oh. And have fun at your prom night as well.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I'm at Dibbz right now. Brawl is raging on the TV and it's so hype.
I took out a Falco player with Samus. This Falco was no slouch either, playing him just right. Thank god for Zairs/Homing Missiles/Screw Attack/Charge Shot.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
I'm at Dibbz right now. Brawl is raging on the TV and it's so hype.
I took out a Falco player with Samus. This Falco was no slouch either, playing him just right. Thank god for Zairs/Homing Missiles/Screw Attack/Charge Shot.
Honestly, the spacie I lose the most to with Samus is Falco.

His reflector is irritating cause it's one of the very few things that nulls zair. Being hit by his blaster will stop the zair animation immediately. He's faster than Samus. His usmash is still a great killer. His priority overall is somewhat better than hers.

Only really good thing about fighting him is that once you nail down the timing, his recovery is easy as hell to gimp.

****, I hate fighting Falco's and I remember one time I almost got 3 stocked by Shyguys' Falco if it wasn't for one of the most ******** comebacks I ever pulled off. Hell I even think the ending to that match was me spiking him mid- sideb.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Honestly, the spacie I lose the most to with Samus is Falco.

His reflector is irritating cause it's one of the very few things that nulls zair. Being hit by his blaster will stop the zair animation immediately. He's faster than Samus. His usmash is still a great killer. His priority overall is somewhat better than hers.

Only really good thing about fighting him is that once you nail down the timing, his recovery is easy as hell to gimp.

****, I hate fighting Falco's and I remember one time I almost got 3 stocked by Shyguys' Falco if it wasn't for one of the most ******** comebacks I ever pulled off. Hell I even think the ending to that match was me spiking him mid- sideb.
I....can learn much from you. I can tell.
If you have AIM, I'd like to talk to you.

Sudai

Stuff here
Alright. So, Dibbz on Friday, April 18th = go. NOLA better watch their *****.

Right now my car has 2 people. I can drive up to 5 people if I clean out the back seat. 4 would be most comfortable but I'm gonna be in the front so I don't really care if it's 2 or 3 back there. I'll leave it up to whoever's riding in the back since its them it effects.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
CONGRATUlATIONS TO LEE FOR WINNING THE FIRST BRAWL NATINOAL TOURNAMENT
5,000 bucks
52 inch plasma TV
Wii
****load of games
gold trophy

chudat and other notable players were there.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
WooOOOoOO Lee.

Glad to know those 3-5 hour sessions of me getting 2 and 3 stocked incessantly with the occasional win paid off.

REPRESENT.

Sudai

Stuff here
Oh my god. Lee, I totally love you. I'd have expressed myself more, but I was with my girlfriend at the time. You made me **** all over just by telling me you won though. Girlfriend was kind of pissed at the **** though. lol

But really. <3 man. Grats to you. Mucho grats to you. ^_^

Top Bottom