• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
best song in the game: king dedede's theme, when the piano kicks in i orgasm.

runners up: mute city,bramble blast, song of storms, metroid prime opening, Gourmet race, ikes theme, i dunno theres too many good ones....

best stage: pictochat

best new character: metaknight/dedede/pit/ike

most improved : g&w, zelda

best character in the game: yoshi
best item: soccer ball

cheapest character : r.o.b

real best character in the game : toonlink

best projectile/item : diddykong

worst character: captain falcon

best move: pikachus dsmash

hottest female: marth

monkiest character: DK

spaciest space animal: wolf

Wtf am I doing here character: snake

Character that should be in the game : geno

best controller to use: wiimote

worst stage: new pork city

best controller to use when ur actually playing: gamecube controller

best taunt: toon links down taunt(i think) the one where he does that dance and looks at the screen

best new feature: replays

lifetime achievment award: mario
worst move: mario's fludd

D

Deleted member

i just got 15 credit hours of Fs. pwnd by lsu's noobness. and there goes my hopes of ever attending college again.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i just got 15 credit hours of Fs. pwnd by lsu's noobness. and there goes my hopes of ever attending college again.
i lold in real life

xavier pwns me everyday when i wake up and realize i am a student there and not LSU

hannah montana >>>> XAVIER of LA

Sudai

Stuff here
ShyG, I agree with all your things but one. R.O.B. is NOT the cheapest character. Do you know how freakin' much it cost to build a robot? >< You can just make G&W out of a piece of paper and scissors~ :p

eet

Smash Ace
Hosted By::
Play N Trade

When:
27 Apr 2008, 04:00 PM

Where::
Play N Trade Video Games
17532 Airline Hwy Suite H
Prairieville, Louisiana|19 70769
United States

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
I checked out Play N Trade's website and myspace and they seem pretty interesting, I usually wouldn't go to something that far away just because now a days gas prices are way too "OMG WTF!!", but I might go to this if I'm free that weekend just to check them out.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Ok.. I'm just gonna leave this page open all of the time because I've been extremely lazy about getting on lately.

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, Sudai. Sucks that we can't go again this weekend, but check this out. I'm gonna request off next Friday so we can try to go then. Otherwise, if you're gonna be around here again on Sunday, feel free to call and come play again. Once again, sorry. I'm really bad when it comes to my phone a lot of the time, but I'm getting better about it. Work sucks. =/

Sudai

Stuff here
's fina Vaughn. : ) I'm all for trying to go next Friday. I'll probably try to be up in BR on Sunday again if I can sneak away.

Eric, you beat me to posting about the Play 'N' Trade tourney. A friend of mine works there and he just told me about it today. I'm definitely going since I can walk there within like...5 minutes. XP

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
So I very quickly came to the realization that I fcking hate..HATE...Crystal Reports in .NET.

I'd much rather be lounging around smashing, does anyone understand this bull****? If so, you should PM me.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there a Late Night coming up on the 25th? "Dang.." (Since I can't say the other word) I might have to take off that entire weekend.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
hannah montana is an amazing woman, i just saw her on t.v. what a beatiful voice, we shouldnt be restricted by trivial things like age if the love is there. I could give her everything she needs.

LOL

Sudai

Stuff here
**** I'm glad I'm 17 still. I could totally bone her and not get in trouble for it!!! : D

Vaughn, your co-workers are gonna be like "Dayum..he's taking a lot of work off" but you know it's worth it. ; )

Greg, I'll talk to my Programming teacher on Monday when I see him next (you should probably remind me some time) if he has any experience with with .NET structures and if so if he has any experience with Crystal Reports.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Sudai. It'll be worth it indeed. And I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get next Friday off, so keep your fingers crossed.

I thought Itachi was dead, Kyle. =P

Sudai

Stuff here
Itatchi was a bit of a lunatic. Love the guy anyway. I just wish his ultimate jutsus weren't so pathetic.. >>;

Rob > *

666 is so 2 years ago.

Vaughn is awesome. Even if he won't admit it. You're too nice to everyone Vaughn. I'd totally have your babies if it were physically possible. Oh, and my fingers are crossed for Friday~ : P

Sheik_Pwns, what part of Louisiana are you gonna be in and when? Also, your name lies. Shiek does not in fact pwn. ;P

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Greg, I'll talk to my Programming teacher on Monday when I see him next (you should probably remind me some time) if he has any experience with with .NET structures and if so if he has any experience with Crystal Reports.
While I do appreciate it, no need. I figured out what was pissing me off - it turns out it was a bug in VS actually, not sure if it was just a bad install cause my boss has never run into it. I've moved onto other problems with my reports which just require a few hours of tinkering.

Sheik_Pwns, what part of Louisiana are you gonna be in and when?
'Tard. He gave you all the clues. 'bout to be a freshman at grambling said in mid April = Grambling, LA beginning Fall '08. If you don't know, Grambling is about 10 mi west of Ruston, LA. So looks like that might be your new brawl buddy come the Fall.

So it looks like it's decided, come July 27th, I'm done being entertained by you ninjas and packing up and hauling to Los Angeles. Now I gotta go pray to Jebus since I posted on pg 666.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
lets talk tier list somemore....

if a tier list is based on tournament placing i think the first list's top and high will look something like this

Marth
R.o.b
metaknight

high

g&w
Snake
toon link
pit
diddy
falco
dedede
ike
wolf
olimar
zelda

this isnt who is the best, but popularity and winning potential

Metaknight probly isnt top tier but he is one of the most popular and will be winning alot thus gets the spot in top.

Alot of people aleady know how good rob and g&w are and they will most likely be placing high in tourneys (its already happening)
Marth and pit are both solid characters that will do well in tourneys

Snake is becoming more and more popular as people are finding out how good he is..

toon link probly wont be top at first because i dont think he will be as popular but as people start realizing his advantages meta-game wise he will be played more and more

The space animals will be placing high because they are still good characters, alot of people are saying falco is good but i dont see it, every one knows wolf is good

dedede and ike are both powerfull characters that are very popular, they wont be at the top of the list but will both most likely be high tier..

zelda's good, probly high tier

olimar isnt going to be played that much but hes still good

if i had to make a mid tier it would start sumthing like this..

Fox
lucas
luigi
shiek
iceclimbers
peach

im probly forgetting somebody oh well, keep in mind that all the characters are good and can win, but tiers will still exist

no one will ever win a tournament with capt. falcon its impossible unless isai returns to smash and revives him

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
So it looks like it's decided, come July 27th, I'm done being entertained by you ninjas and packing up and hauling to Los Angeles.
I don't mean to pry into your life in all but this statement looks like it came out of nowhere and you kinda left it open to ask...Why are you going Los Angeles?

I tried to look a few pages back for the answer but after going 5 pages back I quit. :ohwell:

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
To the very few I've really played with here in BR, it was known I'd be going somewhere just wasn't sure where yet.

I'm only in BR because my girlfriend was finishing up at LSU and I was planning on following her to wherever she chose for grad school.

It's been a real toss up, and even after visiting the schools that she got accepted into, she wasn't really sure. But it's very near the deadline, and while she maintains that she doesn't quite know, it's pretty obvious to me.

And yes, the statement came out of nowhere....that's what happens when you have a job this ****ty and you control the entire office's access to the intrawebz - which means I'm the only that can surf and so I do...nearly 40 hours a week.

Shyg, I'm going to have to say you're underratin' my boi Lucas a bit.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xO8Nc17ZIyk

Here's my evidence. With such a good aerial game, once someone really adjusts/figures out how to space and time his aerials, his pressure game is pretty sick. Unlike Galeon, I use dair > ftilt in much the same manner for often fairly good results (not nearly as good as him, though)

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
im not denying lucas's potential, im just not sure how well he'll do in tourneys. but ur right lucas is definetly high tier matieral (so is like 1/3 of the cast)

D

Deleted member

there are so many things i could say about that tier list and it's inaccuracy. but im too lazy.
so ill only comment on the lucas remark. i think he's mid tier (or if they have 6+ tiers like they used to before 5, he's one step above mid but w/e). i find that when playing him its not too hard to rack up damage, but when they get to ko% ive used all my aerials so many times they wont ko, none of his tilts are strong enough to kill, so i have to go for a smash atk which is 2 risky. especially when he has 2 of the laggiest smashes in the game, and the bat starts out show so its hard to hit.

b13lion

Smash Apprentice
I've been maining Lucas for the past few weeks and I love him, he's just really fun to play with and I love annoying the hell out of people with him...a friend of mine got so frustrated with my Lucas he broke his nunchuck from throwing his wiimote and nunchuck on the ground. :chuckle:

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
thats not even the way the tier list should be, but in the begging the most popular characters will be played the most.

They already sort of have a tier list in japan, its more like a weekly character power rankings. On that rob, snake metaknight and falco were consistently on top for most of it. Marth, tlink and gw were on the second tier. While pit, olimar lucas dedede were mid - low. Recently the iceclimbers moved to top and ike and zelda were on the way up.
I think that list shows some accuracy of how good the characters are. Though characters like marth,pit,lucas will probly be alot more popular in the US. Theres a general idea of what the first american tier list will be and u can switchup the spots any way u like, its just going to come down to results.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Thank goodness his stick is quicker than Ness' bat. I don't find the stick to be too much of a hassle to kill with. Although I find that the ftilit and bthrow kill rather decently.

If only I could nail down those bair spikes =/

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
...cyphus's guesstimated brawl tier list...(in no particular order)
------------------
Top: Pit, Meta, Snake, Rob, Toon
High: Fox, Falco, Wolf, Marth, Ike, Ice, Diddy, Mr.G
Mid: Luigi, Link, Samus, Kirby, Pika, Ness, Zelda, Peach, Dedede, Sonic, Olimar
Low: DK, Zamus, Sheik, Lucario, Mario, Lucas, Capt, Jiggly
Bottom: Trainer, Yoshi, Bowser, Wario, Ganon
-----------------

Sudai

Stuff here
So like, I suck at geography and I read "grambling" as "gambling" anyway. lmao. I'm a tard.

But yeah, Shiek_Pwns, I'm moving to Ruston for college in august. If the two places are really as close as Greg says, we should definitely get together and smash. Who knows, you might prove your name right in my eyes? XD

Top Bottom