• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I'm getting so much cancer playing single player mode to unlock these music tracks. When I have to play on new pork city or mushroomy kingdom i'm just like....why were these stages even made?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Meh, just wait until the next release. You may be pleasantly surprised by the balance tweaks you'll see then. I think we've grown a lot as developers.
Response from a PM dev, in particular to discussion about recoveries in PM.
Looking forward to the next patch.

Last edited:

ChKn

Smash Ace
Well, I'm gonna have to get into the lab for the next few weeks.

GGs to everyone today and thanks for showing up. Hopefully, we can continue to grow RofL. Shoutouts to the blackout on half of the TVs during PM lol.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
If I got a dollar every time someone took a quote of mine and assumed it meant something was in Project M, I would be rich.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
https://vine.co/v/MU3OAu7UEnJ

Been working on the hack pack since I got home from work today at 9:45. It is now 4:55. I had to wait for like 3 hours for the last keitaro hack pack to download so I could mix some of his music in. But now I'm just about done, all that's left is a couple of missing stage themes and 2 empty menu themes. A beta should be finished tomorrow night. I'll include a tutorial of how to install homebrew if you don't know how because you do need to load it through homebrew. Now to get some sleep and wake up for church at 9:30 ~_~.... praise the lord.

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I'm using Link just because I like low tiers in Melee, I acknowledge that I'll get bodied. I'm okay with it lol.

D

Deleted member

you dont have to lose just because you want to play a mid tier. dont listen to noobs who dont even play melee. at least 10 characters have gotten top 8 at nationals in the past year, if you move down to top 16 **** gets crazy. being good at the game means so much more than what character you are playing. you can win with literally any character, especially on a local level.

VVB

SD Champ
The Revival of Lafayette Results!

Melee:
http://smashboards.com/rankings/revival-of-lafayette-1-melee.1488/event

Project: M:
http://smashboards.com/rankings/revival-of-lafayette-1.1487/event

VoD Archives on Twitch @ LafayetteSmash:
P:M @ 00:20:20
Melee @ 04:28:00 - I realize that the audio de-synced somewhere around this time. I'm working on a solution.
http://www.twitch.tv/lafayettesmash/b/544762157

I want to thank everyone who made it out to Lafayette. Risk and I are new to the TO side of things, but everything ran particularly smooth. Also, a huge thank you to everyone for being respectful of the venue - Jeff was happy with everything and even took interest in what was going on, so that really helps for future events with the venue.

I hope to see more of you come out for the next time!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I don't know about ANY character. I've been playing Zelda for years and still haven't come all that close to winning anything. :p
like i said, it depends more on the players and less on the character. Zelda is your best bet to win imo out of your characters but you still have room for improvement. I mean no dissrespect though. Im going try and win with all bottom tier today. I might change if i lose just because: money, but im going to do my best!

'V'

Smash Lord
like i said, it depends more on the players and less on the character. Zelda is your best bet to win imo out of your characters but you still have room for improvement. I mean no dissrespect though. Im going try and win with all bottom tier today. I might change if i lose just because: money, but im going to do my best!
LOL, it's all good, dude. Looking forward to seeing your low tiers today.

Peeps should come to the Cove Monthly today!!!

-Ran

Smash Master
All a player needs to do is find the character that suits their play-style the best. As long as you aren't stone walled by a match up like DK vs D3 was in Brawl, you can accomplish on a state level.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I like Link in Melee, the Link Boards are pathetic though. Too many people cry and the top Link players just deal with the crying and take sets from good players anyways. Lord HDL was the best, but he dropped Link and picked up Marf in Melee. Ugh.

D

Deleted member

won winners finals with only game and watch and ness. jnig reset on me in gfs though. had to play luigi. :(

-Ran

Smash Master
64: Didn't like it. I've played it about five times.
Melee: Marth.
Brawl: Snake/Marth.
PM: I'm torn between far too many.

'V'

Smash Lord
Low tiers are fun for me (at least Zelda anyway), they just have such horrendous matchups sometimes and if the other player is smart enough they can exploit the weaknesses of low tiers.

That being said, good job to Taylor today for stcking mostly to bottom tiers for the majority of the tourney today.

64 favorite: Mario
Melee : Zelda
Brawl : Zelda
P:M : There's a lot, but probably Meta Knight

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
won winners finals with only game and watch and ness. jnig reset on me in gfs though. had to play luigi. :(
Good Job ^_^ thanks for inspiring the lower tier mains. Regardless I know to get good in Melee you have to get bodied first LOL.

I finally convinced a friend of mine to join SmashBoards. He plays Project M but none of the others. Now that that's over with...

I really like 64, but I need a c stick lmao. Mario's pretty fun, dair into uair juggle 4 days.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Thanks to all that came out to The Cove Monthly tonight. I know it was pretty hectic due to all of the traffic that was going on in the room as well as me being the only TO working tonight. Next month will be P:M and hopefully we'll have a bigger room to work with in the near future. Big shoutouts to Taylor for helping out.

Results

1. TaylorHJ :gawmelee: / :nessmelee: / :roymelee: / :luigimelee:
2. JSalt :sheikmelee:
3. Jackets :foxmelee: / :falcomelee:
4. Zylo :foxmelee:
5. Earwax :falcomelee:
5. Mushroom Dynamite :luigimelee:
7. Jan :falcomelee:
7. Kenny :foxmelee: / :falcomelee:
9. TFerg
9. 4Micah
9. Zack
9. LoyalSol
13. Max
13. Lag2Swim

Monday Nights at The Cove are always happening. It'd be cool to see y'all come out tomorrow night!!

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Thanks to all that came out to The Cove Monthly tonight. I know it was pretty hectic due to all of the traffic that was going on in the room as well as me being the only TO working tonight. Next month will be P:M and hopefully we'll have a bigger room to work with in the near future. Big shoutouts to Taylor for helping out.

Results

1. TaylorHJ :nessmelee:
Done with life

'V'

Smash Lord
Yeah, sometimes I wonder whether or not Taylor is known for actually being good or known for beating good players with Ness and GW. lol

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. Ness has a lot of really good tools that lead to death - the problem is just that it usually means his own death.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I dunno. Ness has a lot of really good tools that lead to death - the problem is just that it usually means his own death.
Bthrow=Gawdliek in every smash game.

The Ramsaur Hack Pack beta is DONE! I've been working on it day and night for the past like 4 days. It's currently being uploaded to MegaUpload and I'll get the link once it's done. I hope all of you enjoy it! (PS, I'm getting help from Keitaro himself...sooo yeah. It's gonna be great)

Last edited:
Top Bottom