• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I saw something on Facebook about the Brawl PR briefly, and keeping in mind that I don't have any idea what happened at WHOBO, this is my opinion.
1. JNig
2. BSP
3. Brawlman
4. Gunner
5. MAR
6. Samsora
7. D.
8 - 10. I need to look at results
HM. That black dude who plays toon link, Ed.

BSP has absolutely dominated me since Wintercon, really not even a question he should be placed higher than me. Brawlman and I played once, and it was pretty close (it's certainly been closer lol) but yeah, solid win for him.
MAR literally went to 1 tournament (as usual), and while he outplaced me, we lost to the same caliber players (I think Infinity + BSP while I lost to Brawlman/Infinity), and have no head to head record.
Samsora took (to my knowledge?) 1 set off JNig, (which the top 5 have all done) once, in an extremely favorable matchup. He has no record against the rest of us. Iirc JNig had him 3rd on his list and that's not warranted until after Summercon, when we should update again. Not that I'm skeptical that he's good, or talking negatively about him in anyway, but A direct placement at 3rd after an Open World is just too much.
Anyway, I'd love some discussion on this.
As Diego suggested, you could post this as a comment on my list in the Louisiana Smash group, but it's fine with me that you post it here. It would just get better traffic and discussion

Well, let's see...BSP over Brawlman? And you? Just because he consistently beats you solidly while Brawlman and you keep it close doesn't mean BSP is better than Brawlman, just that BSP is better at the Gunner matchup than Brawlman. It's more than just against you, it's against everyone as a whole, and it's the results to back it up. If anything, I'll put BSP over you in my 5th spot, but not higher than that.
MAR was the only one out of you guys to beat Infinity, and did it TWICE, beat Brawlman, and lost to me and BSP. And he also showed up at the last LSU monthly and took a game from me in both WF and GF sets, while handling everyone else, even Day. MAR still has it guys.
Samsora also went to another Open World after that (one that I did not attend) and beat Brawlman, and from what I heard, won most of their friendlies afterwards. I have faith he can still do well in bigger tournies with more high ranked entrants. Also, I just beat Illmatic at WHOBO, who hadn't lost to a Wario in 2 years, which also happened to be me in a MM. Doesn't that make Samsora's win over me all the more impressive?
All in all, I feel on my list 2-6 can be randomized over and over and most results would be legit.

Guess I have to be more consistent
If you were more consistent, you'd be #1 or 2. Just keep showing to tournies, and hopefully some of these guys can be more active so we can have better accuracy in our rankings.

Last edited:

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
Anybody have the link to the Facebook PR discussion?

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
It's in the Louisiana Smash group on fb. I would need your (real) name so I could friend you then invite you to the group since it's a private group.

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
Did you beat illmatic solidly jnig? I'm kind of scared to play you now since you beat him

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Samsora also has an 11th place performance in the AiB singles ladder. Beating professionals like Crow,Mario party champion, and more. I believe he should be a little higher imo! O:

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
Samsora also has an 11th place performance in the AiB singles ladder. Beating professionals like Crow,Mario party champion, and more. I believe he should be a little higher imo! O:
It is wifi, but gunner and I are 4-0 I believe in ladder

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Even though it IS Wi-fi. It just gets 10x more impressive! Peach on Wi-Fi is extremely hard to play technically/good! And even when he goes offline, he plays even better!

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
Think of it like this gunner, everyone is crowded around a table talking about the brawl pr and you come over and listen to them and then decide to walk over to another room and start texting everyone what you think

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
Even though it IS Wi-fi. It just gets 10x more impressive! Peach on Wi-Fi is extremely hard to play technically/good! And even when he goes offline, he plays even better!
I guess your living proof of that since you play me on wifi and offline...

UNFORTUNATELY I won't be able to make open world this month...sorry guys

Last edited:

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I didn't realize MAR beat infinity even once, that's certainly a huge win/wins. BSP should DEFINITELY be above me though, I don't see any way around that. But we should also be updating after Summercon.

I would absolutely LOVE to come play dat peach this weekend but this is my last month in this place (I'm moving somewhere way less expensive) and I really don't think I can swing it without at least 3 people in the carpool.

Edit:
To be fair pikachu is also massively gimped on Wi-fi. But having played both Sam and Crow on wifi, and beating Crow nearly every time, I must admit Samsora is one of the best peaches I've ever seen. Our matches were super close/fun

Last edited:

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realize MAR beat infinity even once, that's certainly a huge win/wins. BSP should DEFINITELY be above me though, I don't see any way around that. But we should also be updating after Summercon.

I would absolutely LOVE to come play dat peach this weekend but this is my last month in this place (I'm moving somewhere way less expensive) and I really don't think I can swing it without at least 3 people in the carpool.

Edit:

To be fair pikachu is also massively gimped on Wi-fi. But having played both Sam and Crow on wifi, and beating Crow nearly every time, I must admit Samsora is one of the best peaches I've ever seen. Our matches were super close/fun
Surprise y

Edit:

We will def play at summer con, I should be at my Peak since training with Slayerz( best peach in NA)

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I don't really feel like typing up a big post or anything so I'll just say that I agree with Gunner when he said we should update the PR after Summercon.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
So I really want to go to open world, but I NEED a carpool willing to split gas with me. I'll pick anyone up who's okay with that, I'm in Shreveport:
Let me know!

Edit:
:( sadness

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Why do golden chariot and summercon have to be consecutive weekends, that means i'll probably have to choose considering it's quite the drive for me :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom