• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
If it's 21st I can't make it. Wouldn't be a real summercon without me. Change it IMO.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I thought they were gonna go with the 28th, considering MLG Anaheim is the 20-22nd, but idk, I don't make the calls...
I was told 21st because there's a big FGC tourny going on during the weekend on the 28th and our FGC TO's would be going to it. :/

But yeah, I second that last statement: I don't call the shots.

Turazrok

Smash Master
PM olimar isn't terrible. combos up smash into upsmash. The key is also using white pikmon like snake c4. Keep them in hitstun etc etc
You have consistently posted so much stupid **** you have finally convinced me to ignore someone in the LA thread.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I said I don't like armor as a mechanic, and bowser being based off it is a character I don't like. I don't ride YOUR **** repeatedly in my posts while spouting out blatantly wrong ****.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Wait wait wait
riding ass... or riding ****?
Those are different and completely opposite euphemisms and whether or not you choose to remove an asterisk determines the tone of my next response

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I know he's ignoring me. But the fact that Olimar can indeed combo upsmash into upsmash and the fact that white pikmins explosion is one of oli's sexier finishers makes him the one posting stupid ****.
> knowing nothing about pm oli
> discussing character I know nothing about
> someone tell this kid to mm my Oli for twenty bucks

I noticed something about this guy, he hates on characters that have to rely on certain moves or "gimmicks". Saying you dislike bowser because he's "based around super armor" is stupid. Would you rather he be based around **** as he is in every other game? Or better yet, let's base him off shine. Then he's more relevant to the meta and you can wrap your brain around it.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
>using le maymay arrows on smashboards

Post something and i'll like it so we can elevate this pointless conversation to circlejerk status
Wait **** you edited your post so this got slightly more real
Time to bust out the attachable keyboard for my tablet
Arguing on the internet no time for typos

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Eventually I'm gonna get people to start referring to me as "V" and not by my actual name, seeing as how people really wanna start using tags for everything.

I've noticed that a lot of people who don't like P:M like to complain about how gimmicky it is with all of the characters. Well, the way I see it is that it's been developed to be gimmicky (as intended) up to this point. I feel that the devs are building up things at a crazy level and then for later builds, they're gonna start toning things down. I mean they've already done a bunch of nerfs for crazy characters from earlier builds such as Ike, Lucario, Ivysaur, and Zelda (who is constantly getting nerfed with every build). In my opinion, the devs for P:M are doing what the devs at Capcom SHOULD have been doing with UMvC3.

I say give it more time. The game's not finished yet. There's still a ton more meta to be discovered and a lot more tweaking to do.

Also, Trey you've been offered a $20 MM against RJ's Olimar.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I hate it when people use gimmicky to describe things, everybody has a different ****ing definition for it
the worst part is none of them even remotely match what you'd find in an dictionary so there's no making sense of it
any post containing the word "gimmick" should be prefaced with or followed by the intended use of the word
My use of it here? the solid essence of confusion, in text format

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
Well for lack of a better word, you can replace my version of the word "gimmick" in my previous post with the word "broken". That's literally the best way I can describe it in the sense of trying to speak for other people.

Anyway, it's what I've got. Like I said before, peeps gotta chill about P:M and let the developing continue.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Crap, I need to start attending more regional and national tournaments. I keep missing all these tournaments because of this and other reasons. I really want to go against other players from my state.

All characters have potential in P:M. Whether a little or a lot. ;-;
Yes, a lot of them do have much potential, but there are some that already reached near-peak potential, like Fox and Falco. The developers might have a plan to make sure that potential is realized.

Last edited:

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm gonna use one of Oli's two change grabs, grab to side b (purple pikmin) to regrab, or the upsmash link he hates so much. Also what character does Trey main in PM? It's only fair since he knows I'm using oli
From what I recently saw at Open World Monthly #6, Trey was using a lot of DK, Kirby, MK, and Snake. Don't know who he actually mains, though.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to continue to refer to Vaughn by his given name. We're adults now, no one goes by their game tag or nickname anymore.

'V'

Smash Lord
Thanks V. See I said V.
Thank ya, kindly. Though it only will really matter whenever I'm playing in a tourney setting. It's just funny that people keep saying they want me to use my tag, but then refer to me as my real name anyway. lol

I'm going to continue to refer to Vaughn by his given name. We're adults now, no one goes by their game tag or nickname anymore.
Sure thing, John. :p

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Just got this strange message on Youtube of all places.

I assume it's cause I uploaded those Open World vids. Anyways you guys should help him out.

Last edited:

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
A bunch of kids in BRLA that want to see how they would fare against established players, who also never heard of smashboards? I might have a chance. Give me the specs, I'll go **** these children up.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'd go but I'm gonna be out of town this weekend.

Also lol RJ that money match will do nothing but prove trey is bad at smash.

'V'

Smash Lord
Just played Byron in a bunch of P:M friendlies tonight at The Cove in BR. Y'all should really come out to play there. We have fight nights there every Monday night around 7-8 p.m.

Shoutouts to Byron for the fun friendlies. Hope to play ya again soon.

So, Meta Knight is pretty fun in P:M. I'll probably make him one of my secondaries.

bks

Smash Cadet
NNID
byronjr
shoutouts to vaughn for those amazing pm friendlies.vaughn too good! also shoutout to troy as well, sorry how our last match ended :( i really enjoyed myself. guys the cove is the place to be for all your fighting needs! i think i might pick up diddy.. i will def try to make more of them. also did i mention vaughn too good??

Top Bottom