• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

so since everything still isnt extremely organized, i say when ever people start coming on friday, just go to kyle's house at first. i'll head over there after the t-shirt party at like 5:30 ish. we can all smash together in a big group (everyone bring tvs and cubes) and then when it get's late, we'll decide where everyone is staying.
kyle's addy - 1155 jim taylor, baton rouge, la
it could also be 1122 jim taylor, i always mix it up

i hope dj's coming. yall seem to give ricky and ray more credit than i think they deserve so maybe it's the same case. or maybe he's super pro or something, but i dont see a samus player, especially dj, improving that much over a short period of time.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i didn't wanna make an argument the 1st time u said it..but now that u've mentioned it twice...all i can say is, i think u underestimate ricky and ray. they give me about the same trouble as kyle, except the matches are consistently close, oposed to kyle who i'll occasionally win by a significant margin, albeit occasionally lose.

but anyway...it doesn't really matter..all things will be clear at LAST. And just to be an *******, i'll go ahead and say my DK > yours :p

D

Deleted member

mm my gw vs your dk? 2$ or more if u want, but it's more for fun than anything.

i dont know if your dk is better than mine but i havent been playing him at all lately. my low tier is gw now.

if i win the first match i'll give u a chance to win your cash back in a dk ditto. xD

also have u talked to ricky or jon? are they coming? pretty sure kyle doesnt want to house jon but if its only ricky and ray they wont have any trouble sleeping somewhere. jon might be able to stay with vaughn or something but it might be best if they just came on saturday.

i'm excited! off to smoke

Battousai780

Smash Ace
O sht... I didnt even notice LAST was this weekend. I guess Im not going... I cant drive and I highly doubt my parents would give me a ride to BR.

Sudai

Stuff here
That they're ****ing crazy!!

If you don't have at least good tech skills and the capacity to think in three places at once, you're screwed. (3 places being Popo, nana, and the opponent)

eet

Smash Ace
but anyway...it doesn't really matter..all things will be clear at LAST. And just to be an *******, i'll go ahead and say my DK > yours :p
I don't know, Cyphus. I've had quite a bit of trouble against Taylor's DK, but then I got a little used to it and could almost beat it with before he moved on to GW. At Dibbz, I almost beat yours too, but I think you have a much different playstyle with DK from Taylor's. So from my view, it should be a good fight. It could go either way honestly. I wanna see that match.

In other news, I finally did it. Eric and I fought a 3 out of 5 Zelda ditto series and I won. Say hello to the new Zelda champ!! YAY!! :chuckle:

Sorry, Eric.. Had to do it. :psycho:

- Mocha

Lobelia Boy

Smash Rookie
That they're ****ing crazy!!

If you don't have at least good tech skills and the capacity to think in three places at once, you're screwed. (3 places being Popo, nana, and the opponent)
Nice. I'm down with that, which means that I can do stuff with those psychotic Eskimos. Killer.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why hasn't anyone learned to dodge the fu
cking censor?

tee hee

also who else from Lafayette is going to LAST? anyone?

Flarefox

Smash Ace
Matt, the only people that I know for sure are coming to LAST from Lafayette are you, Jake, and me. Ben just said he isn't coming, so does that mean that noone from his crew will be there? I haven't talked to Blaise about it either.

Let me know fast because we have to make plans. We're definitely carpooling this ****.

I'm sort of confused as to what's happening friday night as well. o.o Are we planning on going to BR on friday like Taylor said a lot of people are doing? (Because I'm down with that.)

Lafayette folks are booked. There is a small tournament on Thursday, Friday, and LAST on Saturday. It's no problem to miss the small friday mall tourney to make it to BR early. Just let me know what you want to do and we can work it out somehow. We're running out of time fast.

Edit: I still need to work on getting a main character. >_>; I guess Marth is pretty reliable in most situations, but I'm also focusing on Fox, Falco, Peach, Sheik, Young Link, Samus, and a little bit of Capt Falcon.

And yes Jake. I think that my game is developing. I'm noticing a lot of subtleties with my Marth and Fox that I never have seen before. Your game has drastically changed too. It's incredible.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Well i'm awesome, and I most likely will suck saturday as I have been playing a computer. But what the hell, I need a good a s s whipping everynow and then. I'll tell you this much, there will be no three or two stocking the skaman. I will beat setsuma this time, and nicknyte will see the daylyte.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Ok i need some drugs, i want to go to Last but my anxiety is soo bad i dont think i can leave my house so if anyone could get me a sedative like any benzodiazepam (Xanax, valium, ativan, ambien....) I only need like 1 or 2 ill pay u alot of money for it plzzz help (if u dont want to post on the forum then send me a private message)

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
shyguy, have you ever thought that all of this **** is in your head?
i mean, you dont rly NEED drugs. plus, if you back out of last i will consider you a ****ing ***** for all eternity.
instead of turning to drugs to make you feel better, why dont you just learn how to cook rly good food, eat it, and then feel acomplished that you made such great food.
i dont really know where im going with this. later

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
shyguy, have you ever thought that all of this **** is in your head?

Uhh yeah thats what anxiety is, and i dont feel like going if im just going to be uncomfortable, And i dont understand how people can recreationally use drugs but then when i actually want a drug for a good reason everyone is like noo. I mean ive been in my house for like 2 years barely leaving, i cant enjoy anything, i cant do the things i wanna do, i guess people dont understand what its like when u dont get to live ur own life because fear and anxiety takes its place over everything

usea

Smash Ace
I think LAST will be my first time playing smash since the tournament I went to in lafayette (which was awesome). I'll definitely be going, I guess I'll show up like 5:30-6:00 friday night at wherever it's been suggested to meet? Either way, I can't wait.

CYPHUS I haven't seen you in 100 years.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
nicknyte: proof you can tell a half-joke for years as long as your the only one that finds it funny

usea, it will be good to see you again. =]

shyguy, my brother suffers from anxiety and has anxiety attacks often, he's getting an MRI soon (scan of his brain to se if theres any physical abnormalities contributing to it), and will probably be put back on medications. Maybe you should try to get back on anti-depressants.
(which seems what you're suggesting anyway) but pehaps prescription-wise for the long run when u get the chance.

hm..this tourney is going to be the biggest in LA...ever? Maybe 40 people.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
lol...i'm ****ing poor. not going to the mall tourney in laffy town will save me $15. i guess we could go to BR tomorrow night -- just make sure you remind me to bring my hw with me.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
And yes Jake. I think that my game is developing. I'm noticing a lot of subtleties with my Marth and Fox that I never have seen before. Your game has drastically changed too. It's incredible.
Yes, and I will have godlike abilities by Saturday :) Not so much -- but I am happy with the improvements, I must say. They're just strategic improvements, though. And as for who your main is, hmm...that's a good one. I would say Fox but then again I'm seeing more holes in your Fox game. But then again I see all the holes in your game :) You? Hmm...I like your Marth a bunch...I think you're one of the rare ones that doesn't actually have a main, though. Your gameplay is definitely interesting.

Sudai

Stuff here
I really wish I could go to this tournament but like...home coming sucks ballz.

ShyG, using drugs for recreation and for a purpose are entirely different, you know that. Using non-prescribed for recreation is ok. Using them for a purpose without being prescribed is different. That's what leads to addictions man. IF you think the only way you can enjoy yourself is with drugs, you should rethink things. Just go and like, hang out with a few people you KNOW you're comfortadble with. If you can't do that, then try to do it outside of the tournament. Take baby steps, don't just leap into a room crowded with people as it'll just scare you off from more fun. Drugs are not something you should use to solve problems. I even have a problem with people being prescribed drugs to solve problems, but I'm not gonna get into that. Drugs for recreation may get you addicted, drugs for a purpose most likely WILL get you addicted.

Sorry if I seem like an ***, but like...it's a touchy subject for me.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
I couldnt disagree more with what u just said. Ur saying taking drugs that arent prescribed for u recreationaly is ok but taking them for a purpose is not. Thats probly the reason i cant get a doctor to prescribe it to me in the first place cuz of stupid kids abusing prescription drugs. I mean ive tried overcoming my problems without drugs but this is a serious problem. This generations youth are pathetic abusing drugs legal and illegal just to avoid there problems and get high, i have a legitimate need for them and am denied because i am stereotyped as someone just looking to abuse drugs. And for the record u dont want me to go to the tournament cuz i will not make it a fun place to be, im fckin pissed off that i dont get to do the **** i wanna do, u wont be comfortable being in the same room with me so ur just gonna have to suffer through like i have to every **** second of every **** day..........

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
How would your anxiety make everyone else uncomfortable?

I 'm just curious.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Thats how bad my anxiety is it affects not only me but everyone else around me, ive been to tournaments before where my anxiety was so bad it affected everyone in the room, it happens all the time when i leave my house, like when i have to go get a hair cut or go to the store or anything

normally when this happens im forced to leave cuz i feel like im having an affect on the situation either that or find some way of hiding myself, the only way i can be truly comfortable is when everyone else around me is uncomfortable

Flarefox

Smash Ace
I'm seeing more holes in your Fox game. But then again I see all the holes in your game :)
Anything that you do in ssbm leaves something else open. I can't think of one thing that isn't counter-able. And as for fox having weaknesses, I agree. He has a mediocre defensive game at best. Everything is dangerous for him as well because of how easily a lot of characters combo him, and for how easily he can die/be edgeguarded. Sheik and Marth both have a much stronger defensive game than fox does because of their priority. Seeing holes in someone's game just means that you're catching onto more mindgames. I spend most of my matches adjusting my playstyle, and figuring out what approach to take.

ShyGuy, I have mild anxiety problems sometimes. Usually something triggers it and I can't stop thinking about it and it just consumes me. I did take anti-depressants for a while while in high school. You have to realize that feeling anxious about things won't really help them, once you have done all you can.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
nicknyte: proof you can tell a half-joke for years as long as your the only one that finds it funny

usea, it will be good to see you again. =]

shyguy, my brother suffers from anxiety and has anxiety attacks often, he's getting an MRI soon (scan of his brain to se if theres any physical abnormalities contributing to it), and will probably be put back on medications. Maybe you should try to get back on anti-depressants.
(which seems what you're suggesting anyway) but pehaps prescription-wise for the long run when u get the chance.

hm..this tourney is going to be the biggest in LA...ever? Maybe 40 people.
Proof INDEED BUT CAN YOU STOP ME. HA. Ya f*ckin n00b. Laugh or STFU.

D

Deleted member

a: rofl at kyle. perfect person to make the perfect statement at the perfect time.

b: shyg you're anxiety doesnt effect the people around you. your brain is just making you think that because of how serious it effect you. man up and get out the house. you can over come anything with will power. just think you're the cool awesome guy that you really think you are even when you're not alone anymore. dont believe what your brain tells you and eventually you will over come.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
i couldnt have said that any better taylor.

i was acually about to post something like that but i fell asleep >.<

Sudai

Stuff here
ShyG, you misunderstand me.

Taking drugs to get away from problems = taking it for a purpose.

Taking drugs when you're already happy = taking it for recreation.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
I think it's too late to arrange leaving friday, Matt. (unless you get something figured out magically) xD

We'll leave early Saturday. I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow. We can play in the teams tourney in Lafayette on friday if you want. :D

Top Bottom