• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ChKn

Smash Ace
All of the people I played during the charity tournament I ran last weekend were pretty cool when I beat them lol. Most were pretty optimistic that they can get better.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
Does any1 live close to Clinton, MS!? Im a serious player and would like to meet up specifically for character match up training. And prolly make some new friends :D. My name is Chris Garza. im originally from texas but have been in Mississippi ever since then and havent skipped a day of smash..............in a long time XD. Oh and i play melee not brawl. possibly PM but unlikely thanks again.

Sudai

Stuff here
Fyi, that google maps link sends you to Greensboro, NC.

Your best bet would be playing with our northern smashers in the Ruston/Shreveport/Monroe area (Straight west on I-20) but that's a bit away from you and I dunno how many melee players there are there. Baton Rouge is where you want to go for the highest melee player skill/density in the area. There's actually a Melee (with P:M side tourney, no Brawl) going on this weekend if you're interested in a last minute hike to Baton Rouge.
http://smashboards.com/threads/tha-shrimp-003-november-16th-2013-baton-rouge-la.342013/

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
Fyi, that google maps link sends you to Greensboro, NC.

Your best bet would be playing with our northern smashers in the Ruston/Shreveport/Monroe area (Straight west on I-20) but that's a bit away from you and I dunno how many melee players there are there. Baton Rouge is where you want to go for the highest melee player skill/density in the area. There's actually a Melee (with P:M side tourney, no Brawl) going on this weekend if you're interested in a last minute hike to Baton Rouge.
http://smashboards.com/threads/tha-shrimp-003-november-16th-2013-baton-rouge-la.342013/
Thanks for the advice. I might just to socal for college haha lol. dont know yet. its so dead over here.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I liked when Redson destroyed this red-headed freshman from my highschool who had never gone to a tournament and dsaid he could beat Lee Martin. I htink the vid is still on youtube. Good times.

BSP

Smash Legend
So I actually checked to see how much I played online, ****ing 316 hours of Wifi.
My time with random noobs is larger than that >_>

I guess I was before your time... My Luigi went placed BSP never even dreamed.
Oh please...have you seen some of my misfires?

Idk Ram, after how I did yesterday, I feel no one in LA can surpass me, so good luck with that.
Surpass? Maybe not. Compete with? :luigi2: I took you to last hit (or close to it...) in our last MM. Did you get that much better that quickly?

Good job on 3-0 Denti in a set btw, but pull out the win next time.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Let me tell you about the time I misfired 3 of the 4 times I used the green missile in a game.

I took the first and last stocks with misfires, and the non-misfire was a missed input.

Walk away before I have to tell you the rest of my stories, nerd.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
So I'm chilling with the wifi players now : Dark Peach,CT Zero and now of recently my bestest friend for life MVD.I got a dtilt lock on dark peach,but got destroyed because I can't be patient for my life.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Once I get a ride or something I swear I'll be with you guys 24/7.
I got murdered by dark peach dude,but I can almost go even with zero.

Btw : I'm getting social with Florida :troll:

ChKn

Smash Ace
So I'm chilling with the wifi players now : Dark Peach,CT Zero and now of recently my bestest friend for life MVD.I got a dtilt lock on dark peach,but got destroyed because I can't be patient for my life.

Yo hook me up with those contacts lol. I haven't been able to do that much since AiB has been down.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Good, I'll try to check in the next couple of weeks.

@BSP: Sadly, that time was not spent ******* around with Basic Brawl. At least half of that time was with my bad wifi connection. Fiber + Ethernet ftw.

-Ran

Smash Master
BSP, life is filled with countless wouldas, couldas, and shouldas. No matter what you're doing, it seems a man always reaches the point of introspective where time is wasted. That's okay. Don't dwell on it. You can't go back to the divergent path and pick another, nor can you see how far, or what would have become from those other options. It's part of growing up to learn to deal with the doubt that bleeds from the past. The point is, you didn't -want- to do the other options, and no matter how much you want to now, nothing would have changed your mind when it mattered. So now, evaluated the lessons you've learned by the road you took, and be prepared to use them in the next juncture. I'll give you a few to help you out that were true, at least for me:

1) Smash teaches how to learn to cope with a small group of people based on a singular interest. It teaches you to look beyond quirks and flaws of others to include them in your passions.
2) You've learned how to run events and to take control of a crowd.
3) You've honed your ability to apply effort in nontraditional areas. Effort and a zest for improvement are an edge easily dulled without constant use.
4) You've come to the realization that moderation is a hard word for your mind to wrap around. It's a boon and a curse. You can throw yourself into a field and love it, but other aspects can, and will suffer.
5) You can't be the best. There's always someone better, stronger, smarter, and more creative than you because they were willing to sacrifice more. That's okay, because life isn't one of comparison, but of introspection.

Oh, there's also the fact that the average person watches TV for 32 hours a week. In five years, that's 8,320 hours. At least you were amongst people, involved in an activity. ;)

D

Deleted member

i feel like no matter what we say bsp has his mind made up unfortunately.

(or fortunately since he was playing brawl)

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I cannot. I have to really make sure that I get stuff done for my senior project this week and then make sure I'm good to go for finals, and then I have to try to get more hours at work so I can try to make it to Forte and then SmashCon. I was hired on seasonal so I'm basically being caught up to speed to do Black Friday, and I'm actually going to be doing my first real shift tomorrow night (dat PS4).

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, you going to Open World? I wanna see if this "Apex training" is doing you any good.
Unfortunately not unless someone passing through wants to pick me up and give me a ride. One of my car's tires went flat and is on a donut so I don't particularly trust it to make it to Mandeville.

Come to Play N Trade over Apocalypse 3 though.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
A tiny gamestop looking venue with no chairs and like 2 TVs over a TX regional that almost had a turnout as much as whobo run by the best active Olimar in the US right now? Curz you make me laugh. There are 4 reasons I am going to Play N Trade over Apocalypse. 1. I want to beat you. 2. I want to take first. 3. I want to play ChKn because that dude is hilarious. 4. It's cheaper to go to laffy.

I mean, did you read that story? It was EPIC! If anyone in this thread has the means to go to apocalypse I highly suggest you go. Except Curlz and ChKn.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Btw : I'm getting social with Florida :troll:
If you get social enough to go up there for let's say a Melee or P:M tournament (especially P:M), let me knowww, I will try to plan to join ya.

***Edit: Added tourneylocator.com to the OP. It's a beta website right now, and I'd like to see it actually become used a lot, so I suggest you guys check it out. It's pretty neat.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
A tiny gamestop looking venue with no chairs and like 2 TVs over a TX regional that almost had a turnout as much as whobo run by the best active Olimar in the US right now? Curz you make me laugh. There are 4 reasons I am going to Play N Trade over Apocalypse. 1. I want to beat you. 2. I want to take first. 3. I want to play ChKn because that dude is hilarious. 4. It's cheaper to go to laffy.

I mean, did you read that story? It was EPIC! If anyone in this thread has the means to go to apocalypse I highly suggest you go. Except Curlz and ChKn.
Flounda is a cool dude, you got that much right

heh

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know it's a last minute post, but I've been getting a little demand for Injustice at Open World this weekend. You guys know my policy, if you demand it enough and can bring enough people (at least 6-8) for the event, I will run it. Entry fee would be $5.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Truthfully if you really want to improve I suggest attending Denti's tournament.There will be a time to beat Curlz but I would rather say I attended a big tournament rather than a little one with people I've already played.Just sayin.

CHKN : you can find dark peach on twitch and MVD + ZeRo are on Zero's stream.I've been playing top players so I can make the most out of my strengths (to learn what I specialize in) and minimize my weaknesses.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Basically, my bank account is telling me Play N Trade.

And my competitive spirit is saying Apocalypse.

This decision is getting tougher and tougher...

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Basically, my bank account is telling me Play N Trade.

And my competitive spirit is saying Apocalypse.

This decision is getting tougher and tougher...
I just saw Denti's hype facebook post for Apocalypse 2. JNig, u HAVE to go! Like seriously.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Truthfully if you really want to improve I suggest attending Denti's tournament.There will be a time to beat Curlz but I would rather say I attended a big tournament rather than a little one with people I've already played.Just sayin.

CHKN : you can find dark peach on twitch and MVD + ZeRo are on Zero's stream.I've been playing top players so I can make the most out of my strengths (to learn what I specialize in) and minimize my weaknesses.

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get on that in the next few weeks. I just need character exp.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Does any1 live close to Clinton, MS!? Im a serious player and would like to meet up specifically for character match up training. And prolly make some new friends :D. My name is Chris Garza. im originally from texas but have been in Mississippi ever since then and havent skipped a day of smash..............in a long time XD. Oh and i play melee not brawl. possibly PM but unlikely thanks again.
Hey there is a melee and pm tournament in Baton Rouge tomorrow at noon. Come out!

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
The first time I took down the LATech campus 'big shot' in Brawl was a 3 stock at a random campus tourney. for the finals and everyone was awestruck. Only reactions were a few people asking me to teach them, the dude I beat just kind of sat there in silence for like 20min staring at the results screen. Felt kinda bad.
I remember Okuser beat me in winners finals of a dorm tournament and I threw losers away and like a month later we were even. Now I think I'm better

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm hosting a tournament with P:M at it tomorrow if you want to swing by and play. It's in Mandeville, which is a much shorter drive from MS compared to driving to Baton Rouge.

Top Bottom