• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
oh man, well in that case i like to kidnap and **** small bunnies

(ya and i was lying about the black clothes things, i dont really have a style anymore i just like to be naked)

and im going to the tourny :ohwell:

eet

Smash Ace
So, we cant go to austin anymore. So well move the tourny up to March 11th now. So ..everyone should come next sat. now.

also, last tourny had alot of good ppl. but we need more total noobs who get ***** but let us have more money for 1,2,3. So try and get your friends to come.

Sudai

Stuff here
Gah, the 11th? That knocks 2-3 people off my list. x.x

W/e, I'll still be there at least so the tournament average sexyness will -skyrocket-

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
XD

Last tourney I had one of my friends bring give me a ride, and he didn't even own a gamecube. Maybe I can get him to go again. And there's a chance Tony and I can go if it's th eleventh. But then one of us won't be able to team up. Anyone wanna be my partner for teams?

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Glad that the tourney is sooner. I never enjoy waiting for them. I'm going to place in the top 3 for this tourney! Will it be 1st 2nd or 3rd? We'll see :p. I just want some money.

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Finally, i've been waiting for the next tourny. Hopefully this time I will do better. I want to fight ffox again to see if i've gotten any better.

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
My sister lives in Prairieville, I lived there when I left for the storm and stayed thee for 4 months >_>

Maybe I can come smash with you the night before then stay at her house that night? Throw me a PM.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
if any of you guys get a chance, turn in to KATC at 5:30 or 10:00 and see ya' boy Bermuda on TV!

I'll be comin' to the next tournament if I can, so hope to see ya'll there--jms

If you'd like to make donations to my quiz bowl team so we can go to Maryland, please make checks payable to:

UL Lafayette Club for Academic Competition

P.O. Box 40483
Lafayette, LA 70504

If you're too poor to do so, don't worry about it.

See you guys on the 11th.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
by the way, FFox, come practice whenever you can--

oh wait, that'll have to be Friday nite, if you can...

don't forget to come pick me up, 'K?

jms

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Um, Ryan. Do you think we can sleep over at your place on like Friday? >_>

And Sudai, Sheik and Jiggly are great! Just tell me what character you think'll work, and we're set to win. The only thing I'm worried about is Taylor and John's double Marth team. ;_; We might have to run double Sheiks or something.

Sudai

Stuff here
entelegantLozer said:
My sister lives in Prairieville, I lived there when I left for the storm and stayed thee for 4 months >_>

Maybe I can come smash with you the night before then stay at her house that night? Throw me a PM.
What subdivision does she live in? *too lazyto PM*

Sars: I have no clue what a good team-up would be. I'll try to catch you on AIM or something though and we can talk about it.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
sudai, lots of people (including cyphus and lee) are coming to my house this friday before the tourney. i'm sure u could come too if u want to
my aim is tehph1r3pwnzj00 incase you're interested

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sudai, just keep your Sheik/Jiggly; and I'll practice Samus or Gannondorf. I need to get better with those two anyways.

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Zachary, LA "come down and see us sometime!&q
My brothers and I won't be going to this one. They have to paint some new building at their local church, and I'm just going to sit this one out because I am switching my main character from Dr. Mario to someone else. I'm not even going to used Doc anymore, since far too many other people use him now. Also, I plan to finally buckle down and practice wavedashing and short-hopping and all that jazz until I can to it well enough to do it naturally in the heat of a match. Anyway, we will make the one after that instead.

(I'm going to have to make a new shirt, as my Doc shirt is now worthless.....)

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
Actually I've always been able to wavedash, I just never practiced it often enough for it to be practical in a heated match like the ones at tourneys. I hope to change that, though. To be honest, I actually see more potential in short-hopping than in the WD, but I'm going to practice both anyway. And even though I'm going to try to start using WD, I'm not going to stop rolling when I see it's more appropriate. Just my way of doing things.

Also, I WD manually, as in, no X and Y buttons. I think I can get good enough at it for the tourney after this one.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
u should wd with y because its easier/more sensible. also if u end up with a fast char like fox, wding your way is next to impossible. you should still come to the mall sat. and hang out/play friendlies because good ppl will be there from around the state.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Is there a headcount of the number of guys going? I don't think Tony can come this time also since he's got some Piano thing.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i let the NewOrleans guys know about the tourney. so whatever...they might come, i dunno.

guess i should work on transportation for myself :/

Joe Mamma

Smash Cadet
I don't see a big advantage in L-cancel, so I'll just focus on the other stuff for now. Believe it or not I tried WDing with x/y, and I can do it, but for some reason I find it a lot easier to do it manually, and besides I prefer manual to x/y/c anyway. I'm not criticizing the rest of you, just stating that it's the way I play, and I just prefer it's advantages over that of the alternative.

Anyway, I'm flattered that you want me to come, but I got an........appointment......at the time of the tournament. I'm not lying to make an excuse, I'm just a bit embarrased about what it is. (No, it's not a doctors appointment, but it is still important). I might be able to reschedule, but I'd rather get it out of the way, and I figured that since my brothers aren't going to this tourney anyway, and on top of that I am doing different stuff with the game and switching characters, I might as well sit this one out. We will be at the next one, though, and you can count on that.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It is going to be harder for you to wavedash and get horizontal distance if you jump with the control stick, but it'll also be easier for you to jump cancel shines and perform steadier aerials (a finger on the control stick, the other on the c-stick).

There are pros that use the control stick to jump (QDVS and RockCrock constantly boast about using it), but it takes a lot of effort to get god with using the control stick rather than the X/Y buttons. It's up to you to decide, but I'd suggest you take the easy way out and switch to X/Y. Unless you want to jump with all three.

And wavedashing can increase your speed too. But I'd say you should work more on L-cancelling and shuffls more than anything else. The results are more noticeable, and you'll notice your game step up rather quickly.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
*tier list of important techniques*

L-cancel
Short Hop
Fast falling

High
Char specific recovery (aka know how to recover. alot of the game is wasted if marth can throw u off and fsmash u to death)
Teching
Sidestep dodge
Wavedashing

Middle
DI
Chain grabbing (if applicable)
Lightsheilding
Crouch cancel

Bottom
Powersheild
Roy's counter
Marth's counter
Kirby's hammer
Rolling !!1! roflroflrofllmao

sry i was rly bored.

edit::
i suspect a minimum of 16 ppl and a max of around 30

double edit::
maybe some crew battles at this tourney? 20 stock?
me, eet, rsia, and ffox (since he doesnt rly have a crew XD)
will take anyone
hoes~

SirSka

Smash Cadet
If we are gonna do teams I am up to pair with anyone. I mainly use Ganon, if needed can switch to another character to complimant my partner.

Top Bottom