• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

eric u could play me more and get better but i feel like you just get tired of losing and quit. it's like when u play everyone else u'll play all night, but when u play me you only play a few games.

i've tried to teach freddy but u have to accept teaching for it to be useful.

eric's good but kyle might be better. i dont know at this point. both play very limited characters. both lack extreme technical skill. both play very smart when at full concentration, while kyle sucks if he's not concentrating, and eric is still pretty good when not trying. eric has more experience but kyle studies the game more and might play smarter when both players are at their best. i would like to have a tournament but the only place i could see would be laser tag on a week night, but ralph said he tried that before and they said no. maybe we could offer some of the pot (so it'd have to be 10$ entry) or maybe we could have it somewhere else. i'd like to run it and i think everyone would agree with that. any ides?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
yay, i want pizza

my only suggestion is this game should be played in darkness so the screen is clearly visible and its not to bright, it should be in like an arcade, not like in some store

they should put smash in arcades so like u just bring ur controller and play cuz thats where it feels right to play fighting games surrounded by a bunch of other games with alot of noise and pretty dark

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
i think i might be able to help in that concept with the tourny because i know the people from laser tag so ya if u do plan something like that hit me up i probally will be able to help and also the tourny would be public and probally advertised in the calender and some other things which im to god **** lazy to type so ok

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I love myself. Even if I get 4 stocked every match I keep playing cause I love the game and I want to get better. If only I had someone to play against.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
taylor- i listen more than you think i do :p

also, eric, can play all of the characters pretty well.. i mean, his marth is good, possibly the best in LA if he acually tried to apply himself to the game, and his peach is still as good as always, and so is his fox. idk, vaughn has gotten alot better recently as well.\

shyg- there is no right way/wrong way to play this game. you cant really "fix" your problems in smash, its basically alittle practice and playing different people, and taking advise from people who are noticebly better than you. just get a feel for a character you like and learn.

slim87

Smash Rookie
What's up guys. My name is Christopher Boudreaux and this is my first post on the site. My brother referred me to the site. He is lilblake91. We are both from the Thibodaux/Houma area. I don't really have a main character because I like to play as everyone, but I guess my best characters would be falco and marth.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
What's up guys. My name is Christopher Boudreaux and this is my first post on the site. My brother referred me to the site. He is lilblake91. We are both from the Thibodaux/Houma area. I don't really have a main character because I like to play as everyone, but I guess my best characters would be falco and marth.
Advice: Pick a main.

D

Deleted member

lol at erics marth being the best in la. like seriously. no way. he'll even say it's garbage. idk when eric has beaten me with marth. i think i beat it randomly with my ganon the other day.
his fox is aight. i think he mainly does the best in fox dittos. i think i could beat it with atleast 8 characters. he's always only played peach and a little sheik, until in the past year or 2, branching out to other characters but never playing serious enough to get awesome with any. i mean kyle can play some other characters too but it's the comparison factor, like compared to his marth they're crap. compared to eric's peach, they suck.

mind games.

i beat grace in a taj bangs your mom egyption rat screw match tonight. ouch, sorry ms joany.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
So I'm not as mad at this game as I thought I was. I'm still pissed at Marth, but when am I not? I realized that I just suck and needed to play smarter, so I decided to stop with the low tier thing and try harder. That's all I can really do. I played a lot with Eric and Freddy today and I think we've started to play a little smarter. I noticed in battles against Freddy, we would change up our playstyles a lot to not be easily predicted. Our concentration has been getting better as well. We've been playing on all of the fair stages rather than just the usual random, so we can see how to use stages to our advantage as well. We need to look at what's exactly fair though and Eric needs to unlock DK64 too. I'm still gonna try Peach and Zelda cuz it really does seem like it's best for me.

I just need some help.. And it doesn't help when Kyle does silly challenges half of the time. =P

Battousai780

Smash Ace
So I'm not as mad at this game as I thought I was. I'm still pissed at Marth, but when am I not? I realized that I just suck and needed to play smarter, so I decided to stop with the low tier thing and try harder. That's all I can really do. I played a lot with Eric and Freddy today and I think we've started to play a little smarter. I noticed in battles against Freddy, we would change up our playstyles a lot to not be easily predicted. Our concentration has been getting better as well. We've been playing on all of the fair stages rather than just the usual random, so we can see how to use stages to our advantage as well. We need to look at what's exactly fair though and Eric needs to unlock DK64 too. I'm still gonna try Peach and Zelda cuz it really does seem like it's best for me.

I just need some help.. And it doesn't help when Kyle does silly challenges half of the time. =P
LOL "fair stages" That's funny.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
You guys should stop hating on Marth and on my ******** challenges.

To be blunt, it's a really scrubby attitude to have. He's in the game, so if you want to play it seriously you have to accept that. I can try and give you advice on how to beat Marth, but it usually just gets thrown back in my face with some ******** comment about him having a sword.

I don't have the concentration to play my best all the time, and those stupid challenges are how I keep myself interested in the game. You guys could have more fun with it too. I played Tim alot tonight with us just using B moves.

Also, my tech skill is awesome. Because I'm Marth. I can do everything I need to do with Marth. Taylor needs to improve his tech skill. Learn to smash DI.

D

Deleted member

imo thats the only thing i cant do perfectly. i can di, and auto di, but smash di is hard ;.;

stupid challenges are demeaning. u should play your best.

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
marth is just marth which is a flaming homo :D

acceptens* are kyle, nikenyte and ken because kens a cool name even though marth is still a flaming homo :D

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so, here I am sweating a little. 16 characters and still no Italian Stallion. I'm not picking another character, I'll just play someone else all goofy like the Loo.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yes he was Dylan. Haven't you played Super Punchout?! None of them may be Rocky, but they were ALL molded after him! :D:D

Icy, I agree with you. They need Loo in here! I've been playing him some and I can see why you luff him so much.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Ike is probably going to be similar to Marth, but much better. They added his Aether skill so whenever he sweetspots an enemy he'll drain a portion of their health. He's the strongest lord in Fire Emblem history, so I'm sure his attacks will do much more damage. He's also faster than Marth because his best stat is his speed. I won't be surprised if Ike is the best in the game. The tier list will probably be something like...

God Tier
Ike

Close to as good as Ike Tier
-------

Characters that can give Ike a challenge Tier
-------

Characters that always lose but don't get ***** so bad by Ike Tier
Fox

Bottom Tier
The rest

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
I don't know if my cousin's coming today or not.
I'm going to postpone the smash thing and probably just hang out with Vaughn today.

Peace out, yo?

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I was hoping for Lyn. Basically, I want a way faster version of marth with a longer sword. That'd be so fair. :]

Mary

Smash Rookie
pssh, she'll fair you in the face with her bair hands.

look she's even flicking you off in the avatar

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I'm more looking forward to more 3rd party characters. *Hopes for Sonic*

If Sonic's in the game, I'll be picking him for sure.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
sonic is in the game. they just haven't announced it yet. i'm willing bet anyone any amount of money.

Top Bottom