• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

not trying to milk anything. but usually i get around 50 for melee but so few people showed up. i can trade 100$ at work for 50$ and a fun day, but not 13.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
Good tournament BSP! Best T.O. ever (sorry JNig, but you's a ***** and can't control the crowd as well) - Caleb/Running Bull

Okuser

Smash Ace
... I placed lower in singles than I should've... Guess that's my fault, but it is kinda gay I got placed vs Gunner who I had been playing all weekend.

:phone:

Edit: yes I'm salty

BSP

Smash Legend
I hope everyone had a good time. Results thread will be up in a few.

NOLA and Laffy, I am dissapoint. If you two would have made it, we would have easily had a 25 man tournament, maybe more.

Expect more in the future :)

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
i was supposed to win darn it!!!! next time imma wreck u bsp already skypin meek and espy for that mu knowledge i got this "first tourny johns"

'V'

Smash Lord
Melee: 6 Entrants

1. Taylor
2. V
3-6. 4 other people

Brawl: 20 Entrants

1. Facey
1. BSP
3. MAR
4. Byron
5. V
5. Gunner

Turazrok

Smash Master
OHlol no wonder okuser is the one bringing up mk.

I thought he still played snake lol.

Also good job mar.

I sat around saving skyrim and attempting to eat cookies.

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, Luigi's kinda free for :diddy:

walking away too good

But Mario can hold his own IMO

And if I actually practiced with bananas more, I'd do better in that MU with Sonic

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
well yea mario is ok if you can control bananas better mario could beat any diddy you should play flameleon we go bout even but hes my hardest mario to play. also ill get sonic next time you won legitly but im pretty sure i can beat it once im more used to offline buffereing reads ect. get lee and jnig to come next time really wanna play them

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, time to start advertising again.

Alabama's TOs have all gotten together this tournament season to offer five tournaments for a cheap price and all around improve the experience with whatever we can provide (scheduling, food, replays for all players, organization, and everything we offer through our website). Our first Alabama Smash League season ends this month. February we are hosting no ASL events in an effort to get our final preparations ready for Season 2 and let our players have time to sign up. March marks the start of Season 2 and I'm trying to reach out farther than we did last Season and include other parts of the south east.

For Season 2, we're offering 6 tournaments for the net price of $30. That covers all venue fees and Brawl Singles entry fee with guaranteed pay-outs of (and I have to double check this) $125 for first, $60 for second, $25 for third, and $10 for fourth (Brawl Doubles, Melee, and 64 events will still have an entry fee that has a pot split). These six tournaments will be held across the state of Alabama and a list of events can already be found here:

http://alabamasmashleague.com/season 2 events.html?t=307745

At each tournament, we will have pizza sold for a dollar a slice and canned drinks for fifty cents a pop.

We strive to record every bracket replay on an SD card coded to force replay saves for upload. This means not just the final's matches, but replays for everyone involved.

Our website is updated with player bios, ELO rankings, and win-loss records (complete with links to match videos. All of this information is provided and updated for ASL members.

I want to get LA to start traveling to these tournaments to make them even bigger. As it is, we already get about 25-40, averaging at 30-35 players, at every tournament with players coming out from Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee reliably. We're trying to reach out to LA, MS, and deeper parts of TN and FL this coming season, so if there's any questions I can answer about it, shoot.

Help me gauge the interest here so I can figure out if we can increase pot size or allocate enough money to make pizza free to ASL members for Season 2 as both are things we would like to do, but can't offer yet without an accurate head count.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Travel to Alabama? Hell yeah! I'll definitely plan for this. Though I will need to carpool. My truck only seats 2 people. >_>

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
These *****s bought a domain name

add melee and I'm down.
Show up for Melee and get the Huntsville crew to actually travel. I'll get someone to make the GA melee crew actually travel and then I won't be able to take the Bronze for free like last weekend.

EDIT: Also for the record, we're running Unity Ruleset including an MK ban.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
ill try to make some of these. count me in for a membership on season 3

Okuser

Smash Ace
Inb4 gunner blames me for another one of his posts

:phone:

Edit: too late. I posted from your pc not really realizing it would post from your account

BSP

Smash Legend
Sounds cool Ryker.

I won't get a membership, but I'll tag along in an LA carpool if one of these happens when I'm not busy

Edit: UMVC3 or Sonic Generations?

Went with marvel. Generations won't change, but scenes are dynamic

Top Bottom