• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
yeah that was an invite.

rofl at kyle

cactaur seems like a nice guy, i want to play him now.

this post was rly just to say how funny i think kyle is.

on a side note, my cell is being somewhat ******** and i dont think ill be smashing today as i have to move my things out of my apt.

woot. 500 post

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
yes 111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

sorry the message was to short to just type yes.

225-907-7282

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
The "It's a trap!" combo (Ledgehop U-air to D-air spike) Shall be called the "Arabian Nyte Spike"

besides that.....um bye, I luv yall and um.....5/10 was a lie. Except when its true. (depends if Eric is on a Weakday :D)

i'm awesome, but only because taylor made me awesome.

250th post

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
So, when are you queers actually playing. I haven't played in like a hundred years (I'm older than I look), and I'd really like to play. So, like, Wednesday, is that cool? Or sometime later today (it's 5:30 right now, I can play til like 10:30). My number's 225-718-4313. Call me. ****. Someone invite me, I don't like showing up to places uninvited. I'll drink if that's what y'all want. I'm much better at drinking than Melee.
EzraBrooks4Life.
Oh, and before I forget again, where's this Sage cat from?

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
i'm from Baton Rouge (live @ college/perkins by the new wal-mart) i just go to school in Philadelphia. i'm home for the summer.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
guys, that was fun.
now you're all going to have to let me know who's who.
... now to go level my "pro" maple account...

Entreri

Smash Cadet
I'm Kyle. Just give me a call sometime tommorow. Freddy and Sudai will probably want to play too.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i need to be moving out of my house but i might be a noob and not do so. nicknyte sucked at smash. he lost to vaughns pichu and i beat him at 40% after sding 3 times. ralph owes me a blow job after that one. literally.

the lesson here kids, dont bet unless you're confident.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
*notices Cactus discussion*

:laugh:

I'd probably be considered good because of the people I can compete with in tournament, not the people I play in old videos.

Silly person.
oh, no disrespect intended ~_~. ur def good. (i checked out a buncha ur more recent vids..but i wouldn't call 2 months "old". bleh...i wish we had newer vids up of LA...but when we get together we never feel like hooking things up...we just wanna smash, and then we forget to ever do it, lol.
i'd MM you 2/3 tourney-style.
good news for me, i play a good marth often....good news for u, i main doc :p

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
So, yeah, Ken and Sage (and anyone else who wants to play, I guess), I'm down for tommorrow anytime after 4:30. My number's on my last post, so call me tomm, and I'll play.
Oh, and balls. Was that asterisked?
edit: sweet, it wasn't

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
oh snap. i feel like making a new tier list. this time with players in ranking order within the tiers.

Top:
Lee
Upper:
Cyphus, Taylor, Jon
High:
Kyle, Ricky, Ray, Eet, Tim, Mary
Middle:
Freddy, Avery, Sudai, Blaise, Young Dylan, Vaughn, Pierre(?), Shyguy, Matt, Chaddly
Low:
Jackets, Iceman
Bottom:
Ralph, Nicknyte

im sure i left out a bunch of ppl because i suck at remembering
i left out flarefox because hes busy playing maple story.
i think cyphus has a slight edge on me, and i think i have a slight edge on jon. ive yet to beat cyphus in a tournament since i came back to smash. i feel confident vs jon but we havent fought in a tournament in hella long. nicknyte is gone so his place doesnt matter i just put him where i wanted him.
i left out vince(sage) and ken because i feel like they're going to get alot better in a short about of time so ill add them later. kyle has made leeps and bounds since he started playing smash. i realistily only beat him like 60-75% of the time. sry eric but i think hes better than you. i dont know where ricky and ray rly stand but tim hasnt gotten much better rly and eric is not good against ppl he doesnt play all the time and know their playstyle. i know everyone at dibbs was impressed by freddy but i still leave him at that spot. he has alot of technical skill, but he gets pissed off and throws the controler when he loses. he lacks any kind of mind game and says stuff like "what?! i didnt do that **** wtf" all the time when hes playing. mistakes happen you just have to accept them. we try to help him but hes just like no i suck at smash and refuses any tips. sudai lacks alot of technical game and i think avery has him beat. avery showed me a rly well rounded game and i think if he played the best players more often he could be rly good. he might even deserve to be above freddy but i have a feeling if they played he would be overwhelmed by freddy's technical game and get beaten. Maybe vaughns placement should be higher too. he randomly gives me more trouble than anyone in the mid tier but sometimes i **** him. he has a pretty inconsistent game but he has alot of potential.
theres a big mid tier but i feel theres just alot of players rly close to one another. maybe im wrong about some of them but i wish we could have a huge round robin tourney with br, no, and houma and find out some pimp stuff.

ill probably edit this post a few times.
comments?

Entreri

Smash Cadet
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Tabel of Contents

Chapter One: Thoughts on Ricky, Ray, and Pierre
Chapter Two: Freddy and Sudai
Chapter Three: All about me
Epilogue

Chapter One

I think Ricky is still better than me, and Ray might be too, but since he'll never take it seriously it really doesn't matter. I played Pierre last weekend and he was alot better than I remembered. I'd put him at the front of the middle tier or the back of the high tier. Playing Mewtwo really improved his fox or something. Ricky said something about Pierre being able to play Fox just as good as him, but being inconsistant and having lots of bad days too.

Chapter Two

I think Freddy has alot of potential, but his greatest asset is probably what's holding him back. He's got an awesome tech game, but he depends on it too much. The way I see it, if he loses a match he thinks he just didn't play technically correct, where it could have just been that the other player made smarter key decisions. I think if he played a character without a good pressure game for awhile and tried to apply some new tactics to his falco it'd be alot better in the end. I think Sudai is like the complete opposite of Freddy. He can make really good decisions but his game lacks pressure and speed. Maybe Sudai should try and learn Falco and Freddy should spend some time playing Doc.

Chapter Three

So, since I criticized those two, I'll bash myself a bit to make it fair. It's really ******** to end every double fair with an uptilt. Dashing away from falco after he shields a move probably isn't the best idea since he's just going to shoot a lazer. Lightshielding totally destroys any sort of drill to anything and is the safest way to block, instead of just trying to jump away and get shined. Falling off the ledge and airjumping back on to reset your invincibility once may be smart, but it gets predictable the third or fourth time, and there's no point when the ledgehop can be done immediately after the up b. In general, there's no reason for me to shield and wait for someone to attack me, especially when they are in the air above me. Marth has a sword that goes through every attack, jumping up and doing a uair is much better than shielding as soon as a space animal gets above me. Edgegaurding with Marth is one of the easiest things in the game. The object is to hit the C-stick toward the edge when the enemy comes near you, or time a dtilt, or time a jab, or jump off and bair, or jump off and neutral b, or spike, or ftilt. All of which probably work better than pretty much every other character's best edgegaurd move. So, that list got alot longer than I thought it would be, but I think about the mistakes I make and where I can improve. The improvement is where the fun comes from, and for every mistake I make there's a little hint on how to improve.

Epilogue

I'm tired. It's 6:49 and it's pissin' me off.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
oh, no disrespect intended ~_~. ur def good. (i checked out a buncha ur more recent vids..but i wouldn't call 2 months "old". bleh...i wish we had newer vids up of LA...but when we get together we never feel like hooking things up...we just wanna smash, and then we forget to ever do it, lol.
i'd MM you 2/3 tourney-style.
good news for me, i play a good marth often....good news for u, i main doc :p

Lol. 2 months is old when you have only been playing for a little longer than a year.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
kyle, would you happen to have an AIM s/n?
i know taylor doesn't use it, since he's obviously too cool for AIM, but you look like one of those not so very cool guys.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
yeah, you guys give me alot of REALLY AWESOME tips taylor "oh you suck" "noob" " yeah stop making excuses because you suck" blah blah blah, yeah, really awesome advice taylor, ill be sure to listen to the next set of advice you give me.

but like my favorite one is the casual " you suck " you know with the little laugh behind it. thats my most favorite of them all.

i also have your orange lighter.. i stole it on accident, sorry.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
yeah i found out about the lighter last night but i found one at ralphs.

i dont say **** like u suck unless u sd or something. and i say it in a joking manner because i say i suck when i do it too. but me and kyle try to help u when u get ***** and ur just like ive never played this bad before, i suck, and dont listen. thats the kind of johns i got from the dude i beat in my pool at inn5, but he still had more points than me and he moved on.

ima try to move todayyy.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
... dude you say i suck all the time, and like when you hear it enough times you start to believe it. and like kyle doesnt even have to say anything, he just laughs when i play.

Sudai

Stuff here
So..I typed this really long post and it was just me babbling or something, but like, I closed the window because I'm a n00b..so yeah.

About my Tech Skill..I don't care about it and if I did, I'd like practice it because you can practice it on your own..but any time I go to practice tech skill, I just get bored and wind up just doing BThrow > Shine Spike the CPU...so yeah. I guess I really just don't care about it? I mean, if I did I'd practice or something.

................====
...........==.........==
.....==................==
==
................===
.....==.................==
...........==.........==
................====

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Oh wells. Just play how you guys like.

Welcome to the Louisiana Thread Cactaur. Are you going to FC? Hopefully we'll be able to make it there. I'd like to have a few matches with you.

lol Ken. I guess I'm cooler than I look. I don't use aim or any messanger. My Cell is the best way to reach me.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
i agree kyle doesnt look cool at all. but he rly is.

fine freddy i guess u do suck. i dont say it at all infact ive been rly nice to you about your smash game but i guess u should just quit.

i got to lvl 36 in ms since it looked overcast outside but now im about to go move my ****.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
taylor, youre like never nice to me about my smash game.. exept for like last week, that was about it. but like i think ill just give you a nice f|_|ck you and not quit maybe? because unlike you i like to play the game and i enjoy meeting new people from it. i dont suck but i get the impression that i do cause i almost ever win because ive played you since i sucked so you just know my game that or i really do suck but yeah. either way i dont really care. <3

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i dunno i think its stupid to compare my self to other people in LA like theres not really any point cuz mosty people in la play differently. Like i would probly have alot more fun playing people like from another state and that would make my game better. So theres like no point in just trying to be the best in LA cuz like it doesnt matter. La needs to like stop worrying about how good they are against eachother, like if they want to be takin seriosly by other people in smash we have to show that we can win on national levels, until then everyone in LA is just a bunch of noobs, no matter how good they r. I dunno i want like LA to get better like as a whole, well i used too but yall r to busy like trying to be the best in la or sumtihng. i dunno maybe im looking at things on too big of a scale maybe i should just be worried about my own game, but im sorry thats how my mind works.

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
so kyle, cool guy. noticed any improvements from my game?
and more importantly, what *haven't* i improved yet and need to?

p.s. my vince(sage) matches were probably the most fun. he plays a mean ganon!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
ya we could do a rr tourney and then we can see how good everyone is, but im not gonna hold back im gonna play my best (unless I lose then Im holding back ;) )

oh ya and taylor u have to beat me in our mm for me to keep playing this game. If I win im quiting melee.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
we have to buy on FCD tickets SOON..they may sell out, if not sold out already...

ricky and ray not going..

KYLE, CYPHUS, LEE, JOHN....
i this LA's FC Crew?

apparently u have to be 25 to rent-a-vehicle...so i doubt we'll get a van...so we can fit more people....****...that means me and kyle have to split 15 hours of driving?!
does anyone else WANT TO COME that can do a little driving? Taylor? Sudai? anyone?
anybody have a way of getting a van?...everyone is willing to fork up money for gas and the use of one.

here's the current FCD roster:
http://www.meleefc.com/roster.php

if anyone's interested here's a short list i made of some people who are pro/main these characters really awesome who are going...

mario: eggz, green mario
DK: jesusfreak
luigi: luigi ka-master
roy: sethlon
bowza: gimpy
kirby: omnigamer
ice: meep

the more dangerous people
aho, XIF, mikeylenetia, chad, nite, cunningkitsune, darknessofheart, chad(pika)
(and u should know most of the rest)
Chillindude, Drephen, Forward, JoeBushman, KishPrime, Mew2King, PC Chris, Plairnkk(sheik), Viperboy, Wobbles, Mathos, Isai, G-regulate, Shizwiz, KeepSpeedn, DarkRain, ChuDatz, Dope, Mathos, Xelic, Vidjo

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
those people suck, chillindude, Isai, chudat ???? do they even know how to play this game

and taylor i decided we should make our mm 2/3 or more cuz like anyone could get lucky and win 1 match at anytime

Sage2050

Smash Cadet
yeah, me and ken are about on the same level. i stayed over at freddy's till just now cause my hands started hurting, but i'm still always free to play.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
dunno if ur serious shyguy...but u could get lucky, and taylor get unlucky....and he'll still win every match no matter how many rounds, as long as he doesn't sandbag.
you're like a time machine...you can't get better on your own, so if we'd play you, its just like fighting you before we got even better...
you can hope to play smarter than him, but your tech game is 1/4th his, and while you're trying to mindgame, he subconciously has better wisdom and execution of frames and hitboxes..which is what this game is about.
you're trying to set him up or catch him off guard... but he knows the speed, size, and delay of all your attacks and his own, better than you...and can find openings where its exploitably safe to attack and defend.
and the reason it works, is because with experience..u don't have to think about all those things. its become built in nature. while your brain is trying to create opportunities..he simply chooses the opportunities.

Top Bottom