• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
Obviously, there will be a NOM this month on the 25th. Melee/Brawl, as usual. Posting the flyer/thread after work.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Btw if any BR ppl want to get together for smash, let me know. I'm not doing anything.

:phone:

Also, where can we watch E3?
I can check with David and see if we can hangout at his place sometime, although I can't promise we'll be playing Brawl the whole time or staying at CI. It depends on how many people though.

As for E3 I'm guessing IGN or Gamespot would have links to streams

Curlz

Smash Lord
I pm'd everyone interested the story about the drama that went down at CI. Again, I apologize to everyone for it. >.<

Will the results be posted soon?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Text/call me if you ever do set up something.

Unless I'm too much of a baddie.

Mean taylor, mean.

MisterZ

Smash Rookie
Just because i think it's funny:

i called tim to play smash and he is busy today but we are playing tomorrow. this was before i read this post. lol
yea. i might be down but i dunno. part of the reason i didnt say anything about this post over the phone was that grace and martha were with me and i didnt feel like explaining that i had told the smash community that i wanted to be anti social because they would want to know why and there really isnt a reason that i can explain. so long story short: 'P'ness.

D

Deleted member

you should justt stop making claims that youre going to do one thing or another and do w/e you feel like doing at the moment. idk why but it annoys me.

Savon

Smash Ace
The point is that those characters are all *****s/flirty.

Nonetheless yeah. They should have put in the entire female cast for that pic.

Hyro

Smash Lord
you're like a niggly tickly shitty little tag nut - the great mighty poo

speaking of great mighty poos

anyone wanna buy an orignial xbox? it comes with all the cables and a wireless controller. $50

and i got conker live and reloaded for the xbox. remake of conkers bad fur day with updated graphics $30

or both for $75

-Ran

Smash Master
Everytime you post, I imagine one of those lame third-world country commercials. "For just a dollar a day, you can help Flyro get more swag."

Also, tomorrow I'll be at Dibbz at around 8:30.

eet

Smash Ace
shoop dop, priority.

In smash ground attacks follow 'the law of high and low priority', while aerials and certain B-moves follow a different set of rules. The law of high and low priority functions in terms of a damage (priority) range of 8%. On these terms, one ground attack must deal over 8% damage more than another attack if it is to out-prioritise it, hence, the "priority range" in Smash Bros games is 8%.

So, if two ground hit-boxes collide, if one attack has greater than 8 percent in terms of damage it would 'out-prioritize' the other attack. If it was within that 8 percent range, the two attacks will just collide (and make that cool ting sound in melee). Note that this is talking about hit-boxes and not whole attacks, so ..there's a difference.

Most projectiles follow this scheme of priority , but I know in Brawl certain projectiles actually clash with a hitbox and their hitbox will disappear but the projectile will still hit.

The cool thing about aerial priority is that there is no clashing. When an aerial hitbox touches a ground attack or another aerial hitbox, they don't collide or clash but both attacks persist and both players take damage and knockback (trading hits). You can, however, clash an aerial with a projectile and the priority of low vs high will be in effect. Say Samus shoots a charge shot(23%) and Marth f-airs(10%) the charged shot -- he will get hit. But if Ganon f-airs(17%) the charge shot(23%) -- he will clash with it as 23 - 17 is < 8%.

There is one more type of priority - transcendent. Transcendent hitboxes ignore the rules of normal priority: they cannot collide with, clash with, cancel out, or be cancelled out by other hitboxes. Think fox's laser, or Zelda's kick -- you can't clash with them, normal hitboxes go through them. Interesting to note, ALL of Metaknights ground attacks are transcendent.

It is a common misconception that attacks are given priority independent of the damage they deal - for example, many people consider Captain Falcon's raptor boost to have "low priority". However, such attacks simply seem to have "high" or "low" priority relative to the favorability of their hitboxes - attacks with small or late hitboxes often appear to get "out-prioritised" by other attacks, when, in reality, the wielders of these hitboxes are often hit by their opponents' before they are able to connect with them.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Everytime you post, I imagine one of those lame third-world country commercials. "For just a dollar a day, you can help Flyro get more swag."

Also, tomorrow I'll be at Dibbz at around 8:30.
Oh snap it's fight night. I might play some melee with u Iji

edit: I'm salty as **** cuz I've been watching Jeopardy for like the past month and I had potential to win about 50% of the games. I got ***** by the test though, so many literature questions...

Curlz

Smash Lord
So who do you guys think is gonna be the "****-your-pants" character they reveal in the Smash 4 trailer for E3?

BSP

Smash Legend
I just hope Sonic stays in

If that doesn't happen, I hope Mario doesn't suck, but we know how that's going to turn out.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Clearly Sonic isn't enough so it will be Knuckles. Or it'll be...Bowser Jr. Or...some character I'm not maining. I'm just waiting for some MW3/BF3 footage

Top Bottom