• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

I was at Dibbz with my roomie and his friend who was carrying us. After about 5 minutes in the queue we dropped it but ended up playing 3s instead. Sorry, I'll let you carry me another time :cool:
ah. paying for computer time by the hour is a good reason not to waste time trying to queue for ever.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I'd place so much higher in tourneys if I wasn't sober during them

edit: you know, ignoring the debate whether esports is a real sport or not and assuming it is a sport, where is the line drawn at drugs being a performance enhancement? Like if you're fighting an inebriated opponent who is better in that state than while sober, are you fighting the real them at a potential at they couldn't normally reach, or a fake them?

Sudai

Stuff here
Rabble rabble ***** ***** rabble rabble party party sex sex sex and don't don't forget the violence.

RE: Drug use in smash. If Im 'an inebriated opponent who is better in that state than while sober,' what types of inebriation are acceptable? Legal inebriation? Minor narcotics? Anything that isn't 'performance changing?' When it comes down to it, some people play better when hungry vs when full. Is that a performance enhancement? The way I see it, if it can't be proven to make a player better 100% of the time and it's not something easily available, it should be outlawed probably. That said, all the things smashers tend to use to play better are rather easily available to all.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Sudai you mean it shouldn't be outlawed of it can't be proven to enhance 100% of the time?

And I'd revise your sentence to "if it can't be proven to make EVERY player better 100% of the time then it shouldn't be outlawed." Like you said, some people do better dependent on whether or not they've eaten. What are you going to do, ban food? Also smokin might make one person better while it makes another worse. Alcohol makes me more unpredictable in brawl, so it could be argued as a performance enhancer.

It's too vague picking out drugs like that. The reason steroids are banned in sports is cuz they make any players who ingest them stronger and thus "better" most to all of the time.Unless you want to outlaw a lot of stuff and a lot of specific stuff to specific people, that's about the only way you can conclude on it, IMHO.

:phone:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
alcohol and marijuana don't make anyone play better than their sober potential. It can help some people play their best (often when the game's interest/intensity has faded), but they don't improve anyone's 'best'.
Steroids and adderall are a different story. Luckily adderall only does so much because it effects your brain...not the characters in the game. So its still fair.

eet

Smash Ace
sooo, I really want to host a melee tournament at my place one of these saturday or sundays
sounds good, man. I know abuncha BR will def go. Just set a date -- I say a saturday night? I dont care as much as most people cause Im off on the weekends.

good games the other day, btw. Yall are chill. (its eric, the tall dude btw.)

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
sounds good, man. I know abuncha BR will def go. Just set a date -- I say a saturday night? I dont care as much as most people cause Im off on the weekends.

good games the other day, btw. Yall are chill. (its eric, the tall dude btw.)
word, I actually learned a lot from taking them *** whoopings lol, I must say I improved since then. But yea man, im thinking we can have like 4 setups in my house, start the tourney sometime around 5 or 6 on a saturday. Problem is, nobody seems to be interested in it lol

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
word, I actually learned a lot from taking them *** whoopings lol, I must say I improved since then. But yea man, im thinking we can have like 4 setups in my house, start the tourney sometime around 5 or 6 on a saturday. Problem is, nobody seems to be interested in it lol
I'm semi-retired but I'll go if you host melee

D

Deleted member

most of br melee doesnt post much on the threads. but im sure just from br: eric tim freddy kyle dylan iceman, myself, and maybe some other randoms that live in br but dont travel would show up.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
wow, maybe I can throw a tourney then lol. Anyone from lafayette or new orleans can come too. Would anyone be willing to bring setups?

Hyro

Smash Lord
wow the characters for the PR are too good hahah. I love that I'm courage the cowardly dog LOL. And that battos that thing...I forgot what he/she's name is (him?) but it's perfect. and dexter bsp lolol

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Baton Rouge OG's need to play. That would be ballin. Taylor, where you live? Jefferson? Who wants to go play at Taylor's with me?

Hyro

Smash Lord
HEY I need a list of awesome cars.
Then I need a list of really embarrassing ugly *** cars.

Used of course. So don't list ferarris and **** like. Awesome affordable used cars.

I know absolutely nothing about cars.

Kia Rio 2004, good car bad car?

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, why the switch to marth? Was it that thread?
haha well that thread kinda tempted me to try a top tier. So I figured I would try marth and voila, he's a ****ing fast, strong, awesome character lol. I feel true potential using marth, so I'm going to stick with him for awhile.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Word? I've never hosted a tourney, so if people really want to come, I may need some help with brackets double elimination, and setups lol
No dude. Double elim is boring. You need to try triple swiss. Or Elo. Make it complicated as ****, then just take the money at the end and say you won.

Top Bottom