• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

I would actually come to you guys tourneys, me and i can get like maybe 6 more ppl to come. It just entry fee is just 5 bucks. If you would win thats not even gas money. I'll come for 10.
but what happens if you lose and then you're out the extra money...

ChKn

Smash Ace
Yeah who's coming to TSL next Saturday? I may be there early for a little smashfest and to get setup.

****ing Lakers getting merked. Bad way for Coach Jackson to leave.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Lakers can go to hell. I can't stand poor sportsmanship, especially when they have to low-blow other players to make themselves feel better about getting wrecked.

:phone:

Savon

Smash Ace
Yeah. It is not even the Lakers as a whole though. Just Odom and Bynum acting like lil *****es. I hate when they do that too especially considering how successful they have been in the past.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz, we don't need to have money tournaments every week. Many Smashers have expressed interest in having a Smashfest instead of a tournament.
Yeah, but you're idea of paying for a smashfest is going to fall through. Why would I want to drive 2 hours, spend gas, and pay extra money just to have friendlies all day? That's stupid. We could all go to someone's house and do that.

You're not going to attract new people by saying "Hey! Let's pay Dibbz $7 to play smash for no prize!"

Very few

Top3
1. Turaz (MK/Oli)
2.Li-D(Falco)
3.Facey(Kirby/MK)

Last
Byron(Ganon)

Facey did 3 stock me in a mm tho
So I would have won?
Facey, you're slipping!

-Ran

Smash Master
Yeah, but you're idea of paying for a smashfest is going to fall through. Why would I want to drive 2 hours, spend gas, and pay extra money just to have friendlies all day? That's stupid. We could all go to someone's house and do that.
Venue fee is only two dollars, champ. I don't know of anyone that wants to have twenty to thirty people in their house to play either game, or the space to make it comfortable.

D

Deleted member

i personally wont drive to dibbs for a smash fest, but i dont think its a bad idea or anything. i think freddy and tim would want to and even kyle maybe, as he enjoys playing more than tournaments.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm gonna do a hybrid for TSL 3 to make it worth it at least. It's really about advertising for it and getting stuff down. I wouldn't do a venue fee for just a smashfest(albeit it's $2).

ChKn

Smash Ace
K so Curlz and I are gonna aim for a PNT tournament in June. He'll have the details up for an announcement.

Sudai

Stuff here
I think the real problem is that the new generation scene just doesn't have any awesome people. The reason we used to travel so much for smash was a combination of being super competitive at the game and the people that were so awesome they just made people wanna drive to see them.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
I think the real problem is that the new generation scene just doesn't have any awesome people. The reason we used to travel so much for smash was a combination of being super competitive at the game and the people that were so awesome they just made people wanna drive to see them.
10megayups.

Curlz

Smash Lord
wait how did turaz beat facey?
Facey doesn't know the Olimar MU. I was able to beat him in tournament with my pocket Olimar. Turaz's is definitely ALOT better than mine, so of course he was gonna win.

Venue fee is only two dollars, champ. I don't know of anyone that wants to have twenty to thirty people in their house to play either game, or the space to make it comfortable.
You said people have to pay for their own TVs to play on. If memory serves, its a $5 rent fee for each TV plus the venue fee of $2.

As for 20-30 people at your smashfest, not to try to put you down or anything, but get realistic. Your tournaments don't even pull 20-30 people, what makes you think a charged smashfest would make such numbers?

If you want to have a mega-huge smashfest one day, everyone is invited to my house sometime over the summer to just plat smash. I have enough room here to fit 20-30 people comfortably and play smash.

I'm gonna do a hybrid for TSL 3 to make it worth it at least. It's really about advertising for it and getting stuff down. I wouldn't do a venue fee for just a smashfest(albeit it's $2).
LOST 10 will be June 11 at the NEW Play N Trade Lafayette! The pot will have a $50 cash bonus! It will also be featuring some special OoS guests!

D

Deleted member

im pretty awesome but i live close to 80% of the people that play melee.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yall all bi for being tourneyf@gs. I dont play smash for the money. i like the game and like my people

D

Deleted member

no one is a tourney ***. i only went to the last tournaments because they started in the evening. i cant go to tournaments because i work fri,sat,sun,monday, then go to school tues and thurs. i cant take a day off or i cant pay my bills. its as simple as that. i wont be at the dibbs smash fest because i have to work, and i probably wouldnt go anyway just because its 2 hours driving time there and back. i just dont have time like that. im extremely busy. work/school/liveingirlfriend/homeownerresponsibilities/theothermillionthingsthatcomeupeveryday

another thing is i dont enjoy playing for huge amounts of time. an hour or 2 is cool, i just get bored after that though. shrug

kyle doesnt care for tournaments really. neither does tim. and im sure freddy doesnt care either way.

-Ran

Smash Master
You said people have to pay for their own TVs to play on. If memory serves, its a $5 rent fee for each TV plus the venue fee of $2.

As for 20-30 people at your smashfest, not to try to put you down or anything, but get realistic. Your tournaments don't even pull 20-30 people, what makes you think a charged smashfest would make such numbers?

If you want to have a mega-huge smashfest one day, everyone is invited to my house sometime over the summer to just plat smash. I have enough room here to fit 20-30 people comfortably and play smash.
1) I said people would have to pay for Tvs after 6pm. Before that, the venue fee would cover it. So that's 11-6pm of only having to pay 2 dollars, after that, people are able to do whatever they want with their night.

2) We usually have at least 20 different people that are at a tournament, once you add up the various brackets, and the people that come with players. No one wants that many people coming and going at their house. I don't really care if only ten people show up, as long as they all have fun. We USED to get tons of people just showing to play the game during the week. We need to try to do something different to attract players to just show up. There are many Nola players that won't show up to a tournament because they know their skill level to the point where there's no reason to play for a tournament pot.

3) I'll say it again, most people don't win money at tournaments. In a sixteen man bracket, eighty percent of the players don't make any money. Why not then, take a break and just have fun for a month, where you can strive to become better? Most players aren't capable of tangible increases in their skill within a single month of play.

Tournament attendance has dropped to the point where I'm going to have to pay out of my pocket to secure the venue. I need to find some way to get more people to come, and this is going to be the method. If you don't want to make the Smashfest, that's fine. I'm sure Cyphus and I will have fun shooting the breeze with each other all day.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i wasn't ragging on you or anyone for not showing up to tournies. i just wish we could hang out in a setting not all tourney-serious sometimes, is what i meant

Savon

Smash Ace
I like playing for fun at smashfests anyways. Less money and more games. I can dig it. Plus I get to play more people and get more experience overall. Fun>Money when it comes to smash.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Way to quote the wrong text Curlz.

Tournament attendance has dropped to the point where I'm going to have to pay out of my pocket to secure the venue. I need to find some way to get more people to come, and this is going to be the method. If you don't want to make the Smashfest, that's fine. I'm sure Cyphus and I will have fun shooting the breeze with each other all day.
I r advertising planner.

Sudai

Stuff here
I feel like a boss cause any time I'm in this thread, I'm first on the currently viewing thread. Yay for being the mod that probably does the least ever.

Anyway, if we just wanna hang out, let's not call it a smashfest. Just set a day for people to get together, get ****ed up and **** up each other in fighting games/drinking games/linguistic battles.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I feel like a boss cause any time I'm in this thread, I'm first on the currently viewing thread. Yay for being the mod that probably does the least ever.

Anyway, if we just wanna hang out, let's not call it a smashfest. Just set a day for people to get together, get ****ed up and **** up each other in fighting games/drinking games/linguistic battles.
Best idea I've ever heard.

Top Bottom