• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
They allowed lite mode in tournament? People entered knowing that? What? What?!

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
IDK i have a 6 loss streak going on wifi right now lol, not sure if I should money match if I make it.

Hm, I may not make the actual tournament, but I'll still try to make it to get some games in. I need all the practice I can get.

BSP

Smash Legend
Also, we need to plan the next Chinese Inn out. I'm positive we could/can get neighboring State attendance at them if we announced them early enough.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Hey sorry bluebomber I won't be able to take you to pnt today, I just can't afford a Baton Rouge trip at the moment.

-Ran

Smash Master
The Nom this month is going to be a Smashfest instead of a tournament. I'm still taking a venue fee to pay for having the side of Dibbz. We'll be there from 11am to 6pm. After that, everyone is free to purchase the tv they are on if they want to stay. I'll post the thread for it tonight. We might do some side events, or a 1 dollar tournament.

-Ran

Smash Master
Curlz, we don't need to have money tournaments every week. Many Smashers have expressed interest in having a Smashfest instead of a tournament.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
initially tournaments were a great way to meet new smashers, but I think our scene (and the 'gist of 'who's best') has been pretty much figured out for a loooong time. I dont personally see a point anymore in just a bunch of friends continually giving money to the same people.
Dont get me wrong, i love tournaments. And i dont mind dropping the occasional 5 bucks for one, but having them for free/1 dollar serves the same purpose.
I just wanna get high, drink, and play melee. if anyone got stuff to prove, money matches work just as well.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Curlz, we don't need to have money tournaments every week. Many Smashers have expressed interest in having a Smashfest instead of a tournament.
On that note, is anyone interested in a PNT Laffy tournament for July? The PNT prizes will be store credit, but it'll be $5 to enter($2 venue and $3 entry).

I'm also thinking of a Smash Lounge for June, but I wanna see how next week's tournament will go and plan my advertising.

EDIT: Cyphus brought a good point. I'll think of something...wait I just thought of it. I need TVs though for it to work.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
IDK i have a 6 loss streak going on wifi right now lol, not sure if I should money match if I make it.

Hm, I may not make the actual tournament, but I'll still try to make it to get some games in. I need all the practice I can get.
Pretty sure Cyphus wanted to have a running MM with you.

Plan the next chinese inn. I probably won't even enter but I want some Chinese food. What Happened to Sexy Ryu's ****fest?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Very few

Top3
1. Turaz (MK/Oli)
2.Li-D(Falco)
3.Facey(Kirby/MK)

Last
Byron(Ganon)

Facey did 3 stock me in a mm tho

BSP

Smash Legend
so..would we get more attendance if we had smashfests over tournaments?

I don't mind either. I;ll try to make both.

BSP

Smash Legend
duh

I'm gonna stay free/unknown until I can actually get somewhere or La. has something big

Someone link me to this Fox CG on Falco on FD in melee.

D

Deleted member

yes. it took a couple of weeks with an average of less than 2 hours a day. crazy.

and why play a game if you cheat at it? not bashing, its more of a philosophical question.

Turazrok

Smash Master
yes. it took a couple of weeks with an average of less than 2 hours a day. crazy.

and why play a game if you cheat at it? not bashing, its more of a philosophical question.
Mmm. Botting through the boring parts. I actually don't have hacks on it yet. I plan on doing it before I start again.

Hyro

Smash Lord
...I always thought that you're sooo gay that there's no way you're actually gay. That last post has me questioning it tho lol

ragnarock

Smash Lord
initially tournaments were a great way to meet new smashers, but I think our scene (and the 'gist of 'who's best') has been pretty much figured out for a loooong time. I dont personally see a point anymore in just a bunch of friends continually giving money to the same people.
Dont get me wrong, i love tournaments. And i dont mind dropping the occasional 5 bucks for one, but having them for free/1 dollar serves the same purpose.
I just wanna get high, drink, and play melee. if anyone got stuff to prove, money matches work just as well.
I would actually come to you guys tourneys, me and i can get like maybe 6 more ppl to come. It just entry fee is just 5 bucks. If you would win thats not even gas money. I'll come for 10.

Top Bottom