• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
thats cool as long as i get a ride and **** curlz mk im straight but did anyone pick up marvel for 360 btw

_D._

Smash Apprentice
jio im improving but some advice would help if you would be so kind to give it

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
BSL and I talked about it.... Everyone that was planning on riding with me for Nom is now to catch a ride with him. I have plans after Nom that I can't afford to miss. If I want to make it to Nom and have to drop off the BR crew, we'd have to leave by 3pm. :[

Edit: XBL - TheCurlz
Says your gamertag doesnt exist, send me a friend invite @ blaise330

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't have a Xbox or PS3, so yeah...

__D.__ use the edit button to avoid double posting if you're the last person on a page. Dposting isn't allowed.

And who from BR is riding with Curlz this weekend? Let's try to make the meet spot closer to the interstate.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
My team will consist of Dante and Deadpool with a mix of 3rd characters.
Also, **** Brawl. That is all.
@Tura: Nice avy!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Preesh nitez, task da bess.

Also kirby is a terrible character with a one dimensional complex just like gnw

D

Deleted member

poll:

the majority of anime characters look more like asians than any other race.

yes or no.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
NiTEZ, get your d!ck out of your mouth, please.

I play Wolverine, X-23, and Sentinel. I'm lovin it so far, but it's not like I'm dropping Brawl or anything for it, cuz I'm not gay.

My PSN is JNig1, Arc's is Arcadia21x. He's been playing Zero, Iron Man, and Dr. Doom.

In other news, I GOT MY CAR BIATCHES

eet

Smash Ace
Well, if you look at the history of animation, the 'father of manga', aka Osamu Tezuka, creator of Astro Boy, said in interviews that he was largely influenced by Disney and other Western drawing styles. In a lot of his manga, he actually draws character and symbolic homages to different inspirations, including Walt Disney. You can really see the Disney influence if you notice that a lot of manga and anime, even today, use wider, larger eyes, which are now kind of an anime-standard. I read that from some random cultural anthropologist (Matt Thorn) who argued that Japanese animators and audiences do not perceive such stylized eyes as inherently more or less foreign -- so , atleast for them, there doesn't seem to be a set race for most anime characters.

Personally, I think it all depends on the manga-ka(artist). It seems in some anime that everyone really looks either cartoony or too abstract and weird to really identify with a particular race. But some shows feel particularly more asian, like when i look at the character designs from manga groups like CLAMP(think X, Chobits, Tsubsa, Code Geass) or styles similar to . It may also have to do with a large number of the plots in anime take place in Japan, or in a Japanese dojo of some sort. So the cultural references and bombardment of Japanese-ness can have an asian-feeling-effect.

Vaughn you wanna play mvc3 lata?

eet

Smash Ace
Also, if you knew Wesley Sun it might mean something to share a happy memory you had with him on his Facebook, per his family's request & some closure of your own.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
D

Deleted member

someone should bring mvc3 to my house and play with kyle and i. we want to try it out b4 we buy it

Curlz

Smash Lord
Wait, what happened to Wesley/FFox? (are they the same person)

Edit: So I somehow managed to come across 3 XBox 360's for sale and get them for cheap. They all came with 2 controllers and games like Black Ops, Halo Reach, and so on. I spent around $200 for each of them. If anyone wants to buy some games or an actual 360 off of me, let me know. I'll probably sell you an xbox with controllers, cables, black ops, and some other goodies for around $170.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Hyro, Jnig, Lee, simple solution, eat a ****. All of you.

In other news, I'm goin to see what I can do with MvC.
I'm just in love with X-23 so much right now.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
someone should bring mvc3 to my house and play with kyle and i. we want to try it out b4 we buy it
come to houma. :D (srsly plz)

Wait, what happened to Wesley/FFox? (are they the same person)
Yes they are. He is no longer with us anymore.

Hyro, Jnig, Lee, simple solution, eat a ****. All of you.

In other news, I'm goin to see what I can do with MvC.
I'm just in love with X-23 so much right now.
mm one of my low tiers with your diddy :D

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
There's not much I can say about Wes. I only met him once at a tournament. He was a cool guy for all I knew. R.I.P. man.

Top Bottom