• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz can u give me a ride to Nom as well? im sure ill be able to convince my mom this time.
if anyone from laffy or br is going to nom pic me up too
If I have my car by then, I'll pick both of you up. I guess we'll have a full carpool for this. :D

Fang and maybe Nicklz should be tagging along with me for this, so I'll see how much room I have. First come first serve on my car meaning that Facey is on a possible waiting list right now :-/

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
she's obviously not a warrior

edit: there's music and beer after the race. and you can just give it your personal best to see your time (since they'll be lsu track star gymnasts probably there too lol), or just go in costume like a lotof people and have fun.
I don't plan on winning, but i'll be most disappointed if not very high tier, since jumping and climbing have been part of my workouts for a while.

-Ran

Smash Master
I just called Esca. He said he's doing better, and that it's going to take a few months for it to heal all the way, which gives him the perfect excuse to play Wow a ton. He said he should make an appearance at Whobo.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So the only few days I'm not lurking the Houston thread, I miss out on THAT?

Good God I'm glad to hear he's on the road to recovery, how'd he not die? inb4beaumontdi

-Ran

Smash Master
Anyone want to chip in and get him a card + a Wow time card? This is the guy that housed us countless times for Houston tournaments, and he is a pretty awesome human being as well. ;d

ChKn

Smash Ace
Damn read through those comments and the blog on AiB. Thar's stuff is just too messed up. I'm glad that he's recovering alright.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Hyro

Smash Lord
wtffffffffff. fight or flight for real. i would be dead as ****. that was scary reading that i can't even imagine if esca died....holy **** man

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

So the only few days I'm not lurking the Houston thread, I miss out on THAT?

Good God I'm glad to hear he's on the road to recovery, how'd he not die? inb4beaumontdi
...i'm like shocked right now but i still laughed. that makes it a really good joke lmao

Anyone want to chip in and get him a card + a Wow time card? This is the guy that housed us countless times for Houston tournaments, and he is a pretty awesome human being as well. ;d
im down

D

Deleted member

at least in the old melee community i saw a number of players get better by not trying to hard. idk how or why, it just seemed to work for some. this happened particularly with those who got frustrated with trying hard and losing so they play for fun then started winning. vaughn and phil lafleur just to name a few.

-Ran

Smash Master
Is there any way to be less serious with this game but get better at it?
Limit your play time. Don't sit down and play Smash for five hours straight of just going through the motions, rather focus on a few meaningful sets. In most cases, you can learn what you were doing poorly/well in three to five sets and begin to think about how you can become better with the use of a video recording device.

Usually, I find that after playing Brawl for an hour nonstop, my brain starts to shut down and my skill plummets drastically. Some people get better the longer they play, but not me.

eet

Smash Ace
Lol esca just gets randomly stabbed and no one did anything? wtf. If I was chillin at dibbz and some dude stabbed me 5 times, Id like to think people would help me out.

I might do that warrior thing, but Im not much of a warrior and its kinda pricey. :\ Hopefully Im about to start a pro job, though.

And on the subject of getting better playing casually, Id guess that it depends on what you want to improve. You cant really improve your tech skill by not giving a fuck, but if you want to reevaluate how your approaches and spacing, then sometimes not getting all caught up giving a fuck will help you to stay calm and make the appropriate choices, and youll start being able to notice what your opponent is up to and react accordingly, instead of flying around like a mad man.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
A good way to get better while playing casually is to focus on observing what people do. If you're playing casually, just watch what the other person does (preferably someone way below your skill level), make a record of it, and evaluate why they do it. You'll find that people have patterns and observing your opponent while you play is a good way to learn how to read people and get experience on bad habits the a lot of people generally have.

We ought to send Esca a card or a sign or something that says "You must recover!" What happened to him is really f!cked up. I've never known friends to let someone get attacked and do nothing. I know I would, but maybe I'm just reckless.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm going to go pick up a time card for Wow tonight for him, and I'll find a card. I want to get this to him fast, so if you want to sign it, come to Dibbz this Saturday, or ask me to sign your name.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I'm going to go pick up a time card for Wow tonight for him, and I'll find a card. I want to get this to him fast, so if you want to sign it, come to Dibbz this Saturday, or ask me to sign your name.
Mememe, how much was the time card/how much should i pitch in?

-Ran

Smash Master
It's usually 15 per month. I'll him a two month card if I can. So tax/card should hit 35. I need to get a record of who is pitiching in.

I know it's:
Jnig
Jio
Ran
Hyro
Battou
Curlz

And I haven't asked Lee, and others who I know will pitch in. That's less than 5 a person.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
It's usually 15 per month. I'll him a two month card if I can. So tax/card should hit 35. I need to get a record of who is pitiching in.

I know it's:
Jnig
Jio
Ran
Hyro
Battou
Curlz

And I haven't asked Lee, and others who I know will pitch in. That's less than 5 a person.
They only sell time cards in 2 month increments so it'd be about $35 for it.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Ran talk to me tonight. Do you have a paypal account? I want to have my name signed and give some money if you have a PPal acct.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I'd pitch $5 or so in to get Esca a timecard, just give me a paypal or something to work with. That ****s ****ed up beyond belief. I would like his real ID to add him as a battle.net friend for WoW, but considering I've never met the guy, I could see if that was too much to ask for.

Top Bottom