• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Dicey

Smash Cadet
NNID
TraplordDicey
Hey LA, I'll be moving from the midwest back to Metairie in a couple of days. Looking for people to play smash with, where and when does everyone meet up in that area? :]

-Ran

Smash Master
Pretty much we play at a place known as Dibbz which is on Veterans in Metairie. We have tournaments there for both Melee and Dibbz on the last Saturday of the month, ie this coming one. I would like to think that we have a healthy scene for both games in New Orleans. We have a Facebook page that you can find the link to on the first post of this thread where we post all of the events.

If you're looking for Brawl, Pm me your number and I'll tell you when we go to Dibbz. If you want Melee, then I'm sure that I can put you in touch with the various Melee players in New Orleans who don't tend to post on Smashboards.

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
I like that commercial where that girls like - Im in my pajamas, but im NOT going to bed... i think its about online schools...ya. i wonder how old she is? I wish she would show more skin, my favorite part is when she says STUFFED(and does this motion with her hands)..... i just went back and watched it like 10 times in a row... i dunno i guess shes pretty hot i cant really tell she has nice legs defenitely... it should be - i may be in my underwear but... i dunno that be kind of wierd just have her wearing barely anything doing a serious comercial, i guess i need to go outside and do somethhng im talking about a random comercial on a message board for no reason :/ still its a pretty **** good fcking comericial, i wanna call up and be like ok when im in my pajamas going to school or whatever she'll be there with me? No thats just an actor. Oh, whats her name? We cant tell you. Nooooooo im sad. Sir are u interested? Maybe, see if you can get that girl to do another commericial showing a little more skin.....Hello?

NOOO I love her, where is she? Is she in her pagamas right now? If so is she sleeping?

I may be turning off the lights getting into my bed pulling the covers over me, closing my eyes with my head laying against the pillow while I think of random things till I fall asleep, but I am NOT going to bed.

see what u did to me sakurai, theres nothing smash related to post about. all I have left to talk about is at the end of the movie sandlot when another kid moved away each summer it mustve really sucked playing baseball when there was like 2-3 of them left." ok u go get it.? "no u go get it. " "This is ******** why are we playing baseball with 2 people"

Turazrok

Smash Master
I can actually teach you some IC stuff. I still have a pocket wobbling IC's, ya know.
Sometime soon. When I don't have confirmation.

I'm writing a persuasive essay in english about why you should play melee over brawl..

Get at me.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Um so yea, after watching a buncha Isai's old SSB64 matches, we're thinking of doing a SSB64 side event at the return of Voodoo. I feel like hooking up my 64 and playing some myself lol

Absolut Zero

Smash Rookie
its too depressing, that game was so great and they couldnt follow it up with anything...

hopefully will get some starfox online on wii next year or sumthing... i still gotta get NBA JAM,Conduit 2 and or goldeneye,Wii party,DKC Returns,Epic Mickey LaMulana and next year Pikmin 3,Lost in Shadow,Zelda Skyward Sword,The grinder,hopefully new starfox, Xenoblade,The Last Story.popbly not getting the 3ds i was hoping the kid icarus game was going to wii... i dunno i never really liked my DS and sold it, but for wii I have pretty much everygood game released (including Re4 and Okami wii editions which i never played before) Seems with Sony and Microsoft now realeaseing theyre versions of motion controls its time for nintendo to stat going hardcore I know thats what the 3DS is like all kinds of games plus the 3d... i still dont know if ill buy it unless its like really amazing... i guess that covers every main franchise except another paper mario(not super) and i guess mother is done i dont reallly like pokemon anymore... But they need like another console jrpg i dont care about grahics soo super mario rpg or and old series... Motion controls zack & wiki 2, star wars game with lightsaber... i dunno the classic controller pros are good enough to be a reg controller too..

uhhhh i have like 27 wii games and 3 wiiware games not contining vc games i guess ill rank them)

1.Super Mario Galaxy - 10
2.Metroid Prime Trilogy - 10
3.Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 9.9
4.Okami - 9.7
5.Zack & Wiki QfBT - 9.6 (probly most underated game this gen)
6.Cave Story - 9.6
7.Zelda Twilight Princess - 9.5
8.Resident Evil 4 - 9.5
9.World of Goo - 9.4
10.Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - 9.4
11.Monster Hunter 3(Tri) - 9.3
12.Boom Blox Bash Party - 9.2
13.Metroid other M - 9.0
14.Tiger Woods 10 - 9.0
15. Guitar Hero 5 - 9.0
16. Sin & Punisment Star Succesor - 8.9
17. Little Kings Story - 8.9
18. New Super Mario Bros wii - 8.8
19.Punch-out - 8.7
20. Muramasa TDB - 8.7
21. Megaman 9 - 8.6
22. No More Heroes 2 - 8.6
22. Red Steel 2 - 8.4
23. MadWorld - 8.3
24. Wii Sports Resort - 8.2
25. The Conduit - 8.0
26. No More Heroes - 7.9
27. Wii Sports - 7.5

Missing - Brawl(sold it),SPM,mario kart wii, Arc Rise Fantasia(I was hoping for better reviews :(,Guilty party (suppose to be pretty good) Wario land shake it,Tiger woods 11
this is pretty much as good as it gets besides maybe other guitar hero,Rock band, some other obscure stuff missed, maybe Wii fit, and some other WiiWare) I played some bad wii games pretty much everyrhing else.

but if u have wii i recommend all 0f these if uve never played em, espcially these underated ones - Metroid Prime Trilogy(i think itds been discontinued enywsys ) this is a one a kind special case wii game featuring all three metroid primes

Okami - Is a beaifull game kind of like zelda except ur a wolf you use the wiimote as a magic wand or brush...really good

Boom Blox Bash Party - probly the best party game for the wii(atleast till wii party which will probly give it a run) and thats saying alot, nos surpise though this game was designed by steven spielburg himself SOCKER ya its fun as balls

Tat vs. Cap best fighting game this gen IMO... beats out brawl,SF4,SSF4 even blazeblue perfect online too

Tiger Woods 10,Red steel 2 - first to games to really use wmp besides resort.. red steel 2 is a nice attempt but still offers some fun, Tiger Woods 10 on the other hand is the definitive golf sim or atleast was, now that 11 is out..

Little Kings Story - A really fun game where you build your kingdom...fighting,building unique game but doest use the controllers really like theye meant
Muramasa - a Greatblooking 2d beat em up...the rpg elements are kind of stale

Cave Story - A one man made PC cult game to the wii with updastes and stuff dont forget to play this one.

Metroid Other M - Its unique story driven 3d perspective, dont listen to the reviews judge it for urself the game isnt flawed just pekples expectations

Monster hunter 3 - is wiis mmorpg i guess u use the ccpro to go out and fight monsters online... if uve got a group of friends this games a must..

predictions (too generous i guess)

NBA JAM - 8.9
Conduit 2 - 8.8
Goldeneye - 9.4
Kirby epic yarn - 8.5
Wii Party - 9.4
DKC Returns - 9.1
Epic Mickey - 9.8
Zelda Skyward Sword - 10

finally

Zack and Wiki - is an intuitive puzzle adventure game that will have even the smartest.. scratchhng their heads(not a kids game) its my vote for most underrated game of the gen. I know ull love it as much as i did ull def want a sequal..

When its all said and done the top 10 games to define the wii for me...

10.Metroid other M(advances in story/cutcutcene)
9.Wii Party(Ultimate Party expieriece wii at heart)
8.TvC( A really good fighting game exclusive to wii flawless online)
7.Monster Hunter 3(Nintendo goes mmorpg)
6.Goldeneye(The fps shooter that started it all is back for more)
5.Zack&Wiki(Underrated game,Amazing game easy to miss dont)
4.Epic Mickey(Bringing Mickey to his bigest VG adventure plus its a great tribute to disney and an amazing game with alot of ideas
3.Mario Galaxy(along with its sequal kept platforming alive in the age of shooters)
2.Metroid Prime Trilogy(one of the best video game series ever where will retro be i guesd depends on DKCR)
1.Zelda Skyward Sword ( A game to finnally put everything together with gameplay and controls blending as one in a unique graphic setting similar to paintings, telling hopefully the most epic tale of link and a revolutinary game that only Miyamoto can give us)

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
its too depressing, that game was so great and they couldnt follow it up with anything...

hopefully will get some starfox online on wii next year or sumthing... i still gotta get NBA JAM,Conduit 2 and or goldeneye,Wii party,DKC Returns,Epic Mickey LaMulana and next year Pikmin 3,Lost in Shadow,Zelda Skyward Sword,The grinder,hopefully new starfox, Xenoblade,The Last Story.popbly not getting the 3ds i was hoping the kid icarus game was going to wii... i dunno i never really liked my DS and sold it, but for wii I have pretty much everygood game released (including Re4 and Okami wii editions which i never played before) Seems with Sony and Microsoft now realeaseing theyre versions of motion controls its time for nintendo to stat going hardcore I know thats what the 3DS is like all kinds of games plus the 3d... i still dont know if ill buy it unless its like really amazing... i guess that covers every main franchise except another paper mario(not super) and i guess mother is done i dont reallly like pokemon anymore... But they need like another console jrpg i dont care about grahics soo super mario rpg or and old series... Motion controls zack & wiki 2, star wars game with lightsaber... i dunno the classic controller pros are good enough to be a reg controller too..

uhhhh i have like 27 wii games and 3 wiiware games not contining vc games i guess ill rank them)

1.Super Mario Galaxy - 10
2.Metroid Prime Trilogy - 10
3.Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 9.9
4.Okami - 9.7
5.Zack & Wiki QfBT - 9.6 (probly most underated game this gen)
6.Cave Story - 9.6
7.Zelda Twilight Princess - 9.5
8.Resident Evil 4 - 9.5
9.World of Goo - 9.4
10.Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - 9.4
11.Monster Hunter 3(Tri) - 9.3
12.Boom Blox Bash Party - 9.2
13.Metroid other M - 9.0
14.Tiger Woods 10 - 9.0
15. Guitar Hero 5 - 9.0
16. Sin & Punisment Star Succesor - 8.9
17. Little Kings Story - 8.9
18. New Super Mario Bros wii - 8.8
19.Punch-out - 8.7
20. Muramasa TDB - 8.7
21. Megaman 9 - 8.6
22. No More Heroes 2 - 8.6
22. Red Steel 2 - 8.4
23. MadWorld - 8.3
24. Wii Sports Resort - 8.2
25. The Conduit - 8.0
26. No More Heroes - 7.9
27. Wii Sports - 7.5

Missing - Brawl(sold it),SPM,mario kart wii, Arc Rise Fantasia(I was hoping for better reviews :(,Guilty party (suppose to be pretty good) Wario land shake it,Tiger woods 11
this is pretty much as good as it gets besides maybe other guitar hero,Rock band, some other obscure stuff missed, maybe Wii fit, and some other WiiWare) I played some bad wii games pretty much everyrhing else.

but if u have wii i recommend all 0f these if uve never played em, espcially these underated ones - Metroid Prime Trilogy(i think itds been discontinued enywsys ) this is a one a kind special case wii game featuring all three metroid primes

Okami - Is a beaifull game kind of like zelda except ur a wolf you use the wiimote as a magic wand or brush...really good

Boom Blox Bash Party - probly the best party game for the wii(atleast till wii party which will probly give it a run) and thats saying alot, nos surpise though this game was designed by steven spielburg himself SOCKER ya its fun as balls

Tat vs. Cap best fighting game this gen IMO... beats out brawl,SF4,SSF4 even blazeblue perfect online too

Tiger Woods 10,Red steel 2 - first to games to really use wmp besides resort.. red steel 2 is a nice attempt but still offers some fun, Tiger Woods 10 on the other hand is the definitive golf sim or atleast was, now that 11 is out..

Little Kings Story - A really fun game where you build your kingdom...fighting,building unique game but doest use the controllers really like theye meant
Muramasa - a Greatblooking 2d beat em up...the rpg elements are kind of stale

Cave Story - A one man made PC cult game to the wii with updastes and stuff dont forget to play this one.

Metroid Other M - Its unique story driven 3d perspective, dont listen to the reviews judge it for urself the game isnt flawed just pekples expectations

Monster hunter 3 - is wiis mmorpg i guess u use the ccpro to go out and fight monsters online... if uve got a group of friends this games a must..

predictions (too generous i guess)

NBA JAM - 8.9
Conduit 2 - 8.8
Goldeneye - 9.4
Kirby epic yarn - 8.5
Wii Party - 9.4
DKC Returns - 9.1
Epic Mickey - 9.8
Zelda Skyward Sword - 10

finally

Zack and Wiki - is an intuitive puzzle adventure game that will have even the smartest.. scratchhng their heads(not a kids game) its my vote for most underrated game of the gen. I know ull love it as much as i did ull def want a sequal..

When its all said and done the top 10 games to define the wii for me...

10.Metroid other M(advances in story/cutcutcene)
9.Wii Party(Ultimate Party expieriece wii at heart)
8.TvC( A really good fighting game exclusive to wii flawless online)
7.Monster Hunter 3(Nintendo goes mmorpg)
6.Goldeneye(The fps shooter that started it all is back for more)
5.Zack&Wiki(Underrated game,Amazing game easy to miss dont)
4.Epic Mickey(Bringing Mickey to his bigest VG adventure plus its a great tribute to disney and an amazing game with alot of ideas
3.Mario Galaxy(along with its sequal kept platforming alive in the age of shooters)
2.Metroid Prime Trilogy(one of the best video game series ever where will retro be i guesd depends on DKCR)
1.Zelda Skyward Sword ( A game to finnally put everything together with gameplay and controls blending as one in a unique graphic setting similar to paintings, telling hopefully the most epic tale of link and a revolutinary game that only Miyamoto can give us)
Good read, would read again. I actually may get Okami and Zack & Wiki now cuz of this post. I've thought about them and your opinion has actually swayed me. Not being a sarcastic **** at all. Thanks man, I've been looking for a direction to head. :)

...Wait, serious post? NO!

Also

Turazrok

Smash Master
Stop Grammar time my butt! dis da south foo!
Yes let us perpetuate the stereotype everyone in LA owns an alligator as a pet and lives in a bayou, speaking barely intelligible english with heavy cajun accents. Exemplary behavior picks.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Eric, you've been making lots of quality posts lately. Keep it up. They're awesome.

'V'

Smash Lord
Um so yea, after watching a buncha Isai's old SSB64 matches, we're thinking of doing a SSB64 side event at the return of Voodoo. I feel like hooking up my 64 and playing some myself lol
I'll come in with my ****-tastic Kirby if this happens.

Long post about video games.
You're awesome.

Too good as always.

Mwhaa Whaa Wha! You guys need to start showing me some respect. I'm now the new title of OTL social thread!
You, shut up.

Fail troll.
Fail troll.

I come here and this is what I see. wtf
Inorite!?

Eric, you've been making lots of quality posts lately. Keep it up. They're awesome.
Eric is too good.

'V'

Smash Lord
Sweet - it only took 5 years of spam and trolling.

also i wanna do a speed run vid D:
I still haven't decided what game I wanna do next, but I will let you know when I decide. I promised you next, after all.

Vaughn gimme a feature in ur video series. All I can do is a low % speed run in Mega Man X but I can do the hard order though.
That would be awesome, actually. We gotta do this in Dibbz or somewhere sometime.

Top Bottom