• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Island Mafia- Town Wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
heh. well, make sure we get all opinions on the issue before anyone blurts out their actual name.

i think it could help us pinpoint suspicious people, but on the other side of that coin, it might not help at all. there are some ridiculous the lonely island people that i bet are just plain vanilla.
Well, I could easily say that it's kinda early, but I guess the 'earlier the better.'

I'm willing to do it if need be.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
My character kind of implies that I have a special power, yet I don't. So I'm iffy. That said I'm not the Gay Police Sergeant, so I'm probably not in too much danger of a nightkill.

If we do go for a nameclaim I'd like to get the chance to do so as one of the first, because mine is kind of generic and weird and would sound fake if I went near the end.

Anyway, not FOR YES YES YES a nameclaim, but not horribly against it. I'll go with the flow on this one.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If we do go for a nameclaim I'd like to get the chance to do so as one of the first, because mine is kind of generic and weird and would sound fake if I went near the end.
But then theres the flipside to this... wouldn't you rather wait until the end and see if someone fake misclaims your name? It could allow for the situation of bagging scum at the expense of sacrificing yourself.

/discussion_making

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote: A6 Vote: Tom

Out of context accusations of Freudian slippage, metagaming, using annoying yellow text, and now asking for mass name claim? WTF is all this bull****? You best watch yourself son.

=P

I really don't care if we name claim. If people feel strongly about it I'd be down but I don't really feel that it's necessary or will have any significant pro-town impact on the game atm.

Handorin

Smash Hero
D1 Votes:
Tom- Ronike, KevinM, frozenflame (3)
KK- Yaya (1)
NL- #s (1)
Pythag- A6M0, Marshy (2)
KevinM- Tom, Macman (2)
Rockin- EE (1)

8 days till deadline

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
though fuck the dumb posting, it's better than coasting
hell no to the nameclaim, maf'll be toasting
it could definitely hurt, not trying to be curt
s'just that it's something, that i'd like to avert

Yaya

Smash Champion
With the people in The Lonely Island, I can't really see anything that could really be considered Mafia, except for maybe the guy who didn't get to go on I'm On a Boat.

Yeah, whatever you want, I'll go with it, It can't help, it can't hurt.

Niiro

Smash Ace
though fuck the dumb posting, it's better than coasting
hell no to the nameclaim, maf'll be toasting
it could definitely hurt, not trying to be curt
s'just that it's something, that i'd like to avert
Just because yu can ryhme does not mean yur as aweso me as me :mad: I honestly think we should discuss something. Maybe we can talk about how cool I am?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unvote
Vote: Niiro

I feel like you're trying to breadcrumb your role or something perhaps with how many times you've said how cool you are or how much better you are. Something doesn't sit right with your posting habit so far.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Niiro is a terrible breadcrummer lol

I'm pretty sure there is a logical reason why he's doing this. This could be something similar as to how Marshy is acting if that's the case.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Unvote

I feel like you're trying to breadcrumb your role or something perhaps with how many times you've said how cool you are or how much better you are. Something doesn't sit right with your posting habit so far.
the odds are that he is town. therefore, if he is breadcrumbing his role, would it be a good idea to bring attention to him for it? claiming that you think he's breadcrumbign because he says he's cool is basically almost forcing him to out why he is cool.

vote: KevinM

for not allowing a potential townie PR to do his thing instead of doing independent research and trying to find on his own a role that might think he is cool

Smash Master
Sorry for the long away time. I have significant IRL johns that would bore you to tears.

I don't know anything about the lonely island, so I don't have an opinion on the nameclaim, since I don't know whether or not it would likely reveal more scum or more town PRs.

Handorin

Smash Hero
D1 Votes:
Tom- Ronike, frozenflame (2)
KK- Yaya (1)
NL- #s (1)
Pythag- A6M0, Marshy (2)
KevinM- Tom, Macman (2)
Rockin- EE (1)
Niiro- KevinM (1)

I think I caught mistakes from the last time I did this, or maybe you guys just did weird things voted. Either way, check to see if I'm right. >_>

7 days till the deadline is up.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
the odds are that he is town. therefore, if he is breadcrumbing his role, would it be a good idea to bring attention to him for it? claiming that you think he's breadcrumbign because he says he's cool is basically almost forcing him to out why he is cool.

vote: KevinM

for not allowing a potential townie PR to do his thing instead of doing independent research and trying to find on his own a role that might think he is cool
A mafia can just as easily breadcrumb a role as a town Tom. Especially in this game when we have no idea what possible roles could be mafia, heck for all we know Samburg himself could be the godfather, you snarky mofo.

You're going to vote for me for calling attention a posting habit that I find weird, you don't think I tried to find a role that might be helpful first? Come on homie don't play that.

btw I think you already had a vote on me anyways :p.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
D1 Votes:
Tom- Ronike, frozenflame (2)
KK- Yaya (1)
NL- #s (1)
Pythag- A6M0, Marshy (2)
KevinM- Tom, Macman (2)
Rockin- EE (1)
Niiro- KevinM (1)

I think I caught mistakes from the last time I did this, or maybe you guys just did weird things voted. Either way, check to see if I'm right. >_>

7 days till the deadline is up.
I unvoted for EE upon the last update you did

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Vote: Tom

1) "Marshy, you are so totally faking that restriction"

Care to offer some insight, champ? We've got no way in hell to know that this early and it fits LI Mafia to a tee to have at least one legit posting restriction. And with a comedy group that focuses primarily on satirical music, it's even more likely.

What he has done here is either call some out on something way the hell earlier than it would logically make sense, or set up a tasty "HA I KNEW IT" which is useful in a lot of situations -- Tom could be a traitor (betting on a traitor in this game) and Marsh could be scum. Tom could be scum and Marsh could be a traitor. Could also be nothing, I do indeed admit, but hey, it kind of looks like something and that's as much as D1 likes to afford.

2)
But then theres the flipside to this... wouldn't you rather wait until the end and see if someone fake misclaims your name? It could allow for the situation of bagging scum at the expense of sacrificing yourself.
Well, when I said it was generic, why do you think scum would go for it? Remember what sank Mediocre in broomafia's Batmafia? He was Scarecrow. He faked a character so generic he got the name wrong. Nobody bought it.

Unlikely of scum to bother going for my role when there are oodles of characters that have no discernible allignment and yet
stand out in the memory. I have my own idea on how scum would claim, and taking really generic characters is not one of them.

3) Kevin kind of has a point. He's got his chevrons in this game, I find it unlike him do be so utterly unproductive unless he is not being unproductive to begin with.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Unvote

Well, I am really better than everybody else, but it is just that i could have a restriction that forces me to do this :)

i also dislike your title >.>

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok well then where do you think we should look for scum you haven't done any scum hunting at this point, so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Silly me Unvote

Vote: Tom

If this is legit on Niiro's part I doubt there'd be a scum character that is required to draw this degree of attention to itself. Of course, it could be a cover. Boils down to how clever you think Niiro is, I guess.

Niiro

Smash Ace
i really don't have any idea on who is, and who is not scum. nobody is really posting that much. maybe it is just because they can't stand being next to my awesomeness :)

Smash Master
I'm guessing you can't tell us why your posts have to be egomaniacal.

It's entertaining at least.

Smash Master
Note: I'm not asking you to say why you have to call yourself good things in your posts. I'm just wondering if you have the option.

Top Bottom