• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So the big EVO reveal was the Smash Direct huh?

Very nice, I'm pretty satisfied with that. (I knew we'd get at least something out of EVO)

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Whether or not you like her Ashley is just a hype character to follow in general. Every other thread can hope there character gets revealed, but to us it's do or die. You have o anticipate the possibility of her assist being shown off, and if she doesn't, that's even more hype for the fire. There's also the relevancy factor that no other character can boast to the extent she has now. Honestly, I'm expecting this being the biggest thread during the direct.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Gamer stage still Missing.
Kat and Ana Assist trophy Still missing.
Ashley Still missing.

After Warioware Gold came out and there was none of wariowares missing stuff shown off, It seems pretty obvious there is going to be a small Warioware Showcase in this Direct.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Gamer stage still Missing.
Kat and Ana Assist trophy Still missing.
Ashley Still missing.

After Warioware Gold came out and there was none of wariowares missing stuff shown off, It seems pretty obvious there is going to be a small Warioware Showcase in this Direct.
Don't forget the daily updates until the Direct.

SniperGabe

Smash Cadet
Oh! I almost forgot, can I be please added to the supporters list?
Why yes, I am ThAshleyChannel. I know many things about Ashley as a character! So, being able to finally play as Ashley would fulfill my dream!
Oh, nice! I subbed as early as Smash 4.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
80 people viewing, geez.

Honestly, the lack of WarioWare stuff right now is shocking. No Kat and Ana, Ashley, Gamer Stage. And we just saw Wario right when Gold was being released. I have a hunch Ashley's character trailer would show off all of those things (and maybe even a new AT like Mona or Jimmy T).

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
I come back to see this thread grew 4 more pages.....and a Smash Ultimate direct on the 8th!!!!! Lets hope we get our queen
Won't be able to see it live tho

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
80 people viewing, geez.

Honestly, the lack of WarioWare stuff right now is shocking. No Kat and Ana, Ashley, Gamer Stage. And we just saw Wario right when Gold was being released. I have a hunch Ashley's character trailer would show off all of those things (and maybe even a new AT like Mona or Jimmy T).
Yes Exactly my thoughts, Jimmy or Mona Assist Trophy seems pretty likely, Tho 9 Volt is also possible

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I step away for an hour and I have to comb through two more pages of Ashley hype. Goes to show how popular she is!

As for my Direct predictions:

It starts off with a first party newcomer (ideally Ashley) trailer
Sakurai then talks about new stages, items, and assist trophies (expect an onslaught of deconfirms and broken hearts)
New game modes
Shows off a new echo fighter (Isabelle?)
Gives some of the details about the online service and how it will work for Smash
Ends off with another trailer for a newcomer, likely a third party (not sure who it will be)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have to say Ashley exploded in popularity since E3.

I've heard her brought up so much and it really makes me happy.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
This is actually more hype than the K. Rool thread by a long shot.
Which makes sense. I think there is more circumstantial evidence for Ashley being revealed Wednesday than K. Rool, though that's ignoring all general evidence in the King's favor.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
80 people viewing, geez.

I agree too. There's a lack of content that is easy to port from Smash 4, and a lack of new things too. This makes me confident that we'll get some Warioware in the direct.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Which makes sense. I think there is more circumstantial evidence for Ashley being revealed Wednesday than K. Rool, though that's ignoring all general evidence in the King's favor.
Would be epic if the two biggest supported newcommer threads both got confirmations in the same direct.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
80 people viewing, geez.

That's a good point. Aside from Wario himself, there's a severe lack of WarioWare content confirmed so far. No Gamer Stage, no music, no KatAna. Maybe Gamer isn't coming back, but instead we'll get the rumored Diamond City stage with an Ashley reveal?

There's more evidence and signs pointing to Ashley more than most other characters, aside from maybe Isabelle, to be honest.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
There's a lack of Wario Ware, right, the same as DK. If during these days Diddy shows in the blog there will be blood.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Ah very true, though tbh I'd rather have zero or morrigan over a monster Hunter character
Speaking of Ashley loneliness, here's a blurb from her that tugs a bit at the heart-strings if you think about it: her description for the microgame about reuniting the lovers: "if you're going to reunite these two, avoid the eye lasers, if you really want to". Poor thing, doesn't know what other people like.

Well, so is Morrigan. Capcom probably wanted to put Monster Hunter in more crossovers than they did, but for some reason the Monster Hunter devs were adamant that they don't, until Marvel Infinite.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Absolutely based in nothing, I don't think they will announce Rool this direct, we just got a villain revealed last time, I would reveal him closer to release, so my bets are on Ashley, and to a lesser extent Isabelle or Bandana Dee.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
We basically know the character reveal already, it's floating around Twitter. A Tekken stage has 8.8 in the background and there's always been a leak of a Tekken character floating around. I'm disappointed before it even airs.
Eh coincidence, or perhaps like most people Assume, myself included, multiple characters shown off. If it was just going to be A tekken Character reveal and no one else, why in the world wouldn't they drop him at EVO itself.
You can give up hope, but it'll take a lot more than that to deter my resolve!

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
We basically know the character reveal already, it's floating around Twitter. A Tekken stage has 8.8 in the background and there's always been a leak of a Tekken character floating around. I'm disappointed before it even airs.

https://twitter.com/VGBC_GimR/status/1026225740579127296
From the Twitter thread: This particular map has been like this for more than an year though, with that exact August 8th date. This is just a weird coincidence

https://twitter.com/Mutsukki/status/1026235762147250176

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
The stars will align for the coolest girl you will ever meet on August 8th. Ashley for Smashley.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And if it is Heihachi, it is not even that bad of a choice. It would be another villain, another costume character ranking up(Which would support many other characters), and another icon represented in the Ultimate Smash.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Even if Ashley is not revealed in this direct, the least we can hope is she is still absent from ATs, assuming Sakurai shows more of them.
please reveal Ashley

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah, don't worry guys, that Tekken map is just a weird coincidence. Heihachi is not going to steal Ashley's thunder. :p

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
If Ashley isn’t shown she might turn Sakurai into a spoon. Anyway, now is the time for Ashley to shine.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'd rather not have a third party fighting game character that has little connections to Nintendo.

As long as Ashley doesn't get revealed as an assist trophy, there's still hope for her reveal if she's not shown on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
While I think Ashley is one of the more likely characters to get in (and the only realistic character I'm hoping for), I'm also very skeptical of her being revealed this Direct. It just seems too obvious? Like, it would remove an element of surprise if it's the character we're all expecting (leaks aside), and I don't know of any characters ever being revealed to coincide with releases.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
While I think Ashley is one of the more likely characters to get in (and the only realistic character I'm hoping for), I'm also very skeptical of her being revealed this Direct. It just seems too obvious? Like, it would remove an element of surprise if it's the character we're all expecting (leaks aside), and I don't know of any characters ever being revealed to coincide with releases.
Well to be fair, I don't think "most" of the Smash fanbase thinks Ashley is going to be a playable character and will just be an Assist Trophy again. It would still be a nice surprise. :)

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
That's why I'm banking on multi reveals that direct.

Top Bottom