• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's do or die time. I anticipate another AT massacre, but this is coming five days after Gold came out. We're very likely to know where Ashley stands by Wednesday.

I'm going to have to be at work during the livestream so unfortunately I wont be there to see it live with you all, but should the worst come to, remember not to be a Waluigi.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So aside from a possible Ashley reveal, what are you guys hoping to see from the Smash Direct?

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Yo I've been lurking for a while, and I can't say I'm a super fan of WarioWare and Ashley, but seeing all the excitement and enthusiasm for this character convinced me to come along for the Ashley hype train. Count me in! Here's to good luck this Wednesday!

Something I wanna ask though, and please don't take this for hate, but I'm wondering why so many of y'all love Ashley so much? I like her cause she's a really cute well designed character, but so are all the WarioWare characters, heck, even Wario himself has a weird charm in those games. Yet clearly Ashley really hit a chord with people that none of the other WW cast has even come close to. What's the secret sauce that makes her so much more popular than the rest of the cast?

I got my own thoughts on this but I'd like to hear some other opinions on it from far more dedicated Ashley fans than me.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Yo I've been lurking for a while, and I can't say I'm a super fan of WarioWare and Ashley, but seeing all the excitement and enthusiasm for this character convinced me to come along for the Ashley hype train. Count me in! Here's to good luck this Wednesday!
Welcome!

The hardest part of anything is always the anticipation, woo boy.
I can't wait for the inevitable disappointment.
Don't know what to expect, but I hope you're wrong about that.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Something I wanna ask though, and please don't take this for hate, but I'm wondering why so many of y'all love Ashley so much? I like her cause she's a really cute well designed character, but so are all the WarioWare characters, heck, even Wario himself has a weird charm in those games. Yet clearly Ashley really hit a chord with people that none of the other WW cast has even come close to. What's the secret sauce that makes her so much more popular than the rest of the cast?

I got my own thoughts on this but I'd like to hear some other opinions on it from far more dedicated Ashley fans than me.
Couple reasons. 1. I like cute characters. 2. I like Mage like characters 3. I feel she has immense potential for a moveset. 4. I want to see her character grow.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Welcome! And as to your question, iv'e got three reasons.

Reason 1: She's bad ***. She takes down demons on the daily, she could rule the world and still finish all her homework, she turned her teacher into a spoon.

Reason 2: She's relatable. We've all felt lonely at one point, so has she. She wants friends but doesn't know how to make them, a sentiment I empathize with.

Reason 3: She's cute. I don't know what that crown thing is but I want one.
So aside from a possible Ashley reveal, what are you guys hoping to see from the Smash Direct?
At least two characters (One of which being Ashley), a new mode or two, some new Assists. Maybe an echo.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Not gonna lie, I like Twintails and I consider her twintails to be the best. She is cute, she is quirky, I like her Halloween theme...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
1. The Wario series (both Wario Land and WarioWare) is one of my favorite Nintendo franchises.
2. Ashley's design/character is adorable.
3. She has a lot of moveset potential via her spells and Red.
4. I'd love to have another mage/witch character. Only ones we have now is Robin (to a certain extent) and she who must not be named.

My secret belief is that Ashley and Isabelle are revealed together by the Badge Arcade Bunny.
Ashley and Isabelle revealed in the same Direct would be a dream come true.

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
I really hope ashley graduate from AT status, I think I honestly take her as a echo fighter then not being able to play her at all.

Of course I really want her to be a newcomer though.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
My guess for the Direct:

- Newcomer trailer at the start. A highly voted 1st-Party character. Someone like K. Rool, Rex & Pyra, Spring Man or (hopefully) Ashley.
- Info on several characters on how they've changed from previous games.
- Info on new items and ATs (Including a montage that deconfirms about a dozen characters).
- A few new stages (including official reveal of New Donk City).
- Two casually revealed Echo Fighters (Probably Ken, Shadow, Octoling, Chrom... nothing too out of left field)
- New Game Mode (Hopefully Story Mode)
- Final Newcomer reveal. The big one. Likely a 3rd party character. (Simon, Rayman, Crash, Phoenix Wright all beings solid picks).

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I'm under the idea that it'd be fitting for Ashley and Geno to be revealed in the same trailer, starting with Ashley up until it comes to the line "She doesn't play with dolls and she never combs her hair." in which it'll turn the trailer into a hybridized reveal, showcasing both Geno and Ashley together.

if it's not Ashley, i'm hoping for a surprise. something/someone we're not really discussing much, but has still been an interesting idea for a character.

outside of characters though. i'm wanting some insight on what kind of Single player modes there will be. I'm hopeful for an adventure mode, Subspace or otherwise.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hopefully we get to see our fave on Wednesday.

Also, I think we brought this up a while back, but are we assuming her character will be "Ashley" or "Ashley & Red"? He's certainly going to play some major part in her moveset.

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Hoo, boy, an incoming direct, huh? I'm having good feelings about this... Well, mostly good feelings. Considering it's gonna be another info dump, I hope no one major gets confirmed as nonplayable. I'm gonna be nervous as heck if there's an Assist Trophy segment...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
My guess for the Direct:

- Newcomer trailer at the start. A highly voted 1st-Party character. Someone like K. Rool, Rex & Pyra, Spring Man or (hopefully) Ashley.
- Info on several characters on how they've changed from previous games.
- Info on new items and ATs (Including a montage that deconfirms about a dozen characters).
- A few new stages (including official reveal of New Donk City).
- Two casually revealed Echo Fighters (Probably Ken, Shadow, Octoling, Chrom... nothing too out of left field)
- New Game Mode (Hopefully Story Mode)
- Final Newcomer reveal. The big one. Likely a 3rd party character. (Simon, Rayman, Crash, Phoenix Wright all beings solid picks).
If Capcom's getting another rep that isn't another Street Fighter (Chun-Li), then it can only be a Monster Hunter rep. It's now arguably their biggest franchise. Also if Simon gets revealed, I may just have to play Super Castlevania on my SNES Mini.

I still can't get over how Ridley managed to get the E3 reveal that is usually reserved for just the purpose of revealing a third party.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

Welcome aboard the hype train! Glad to have you! =D

Personally, back during the Brawl speculation days I used to support Mona for Smash instead. It took years for me to come to gripes with her likelihood going down and the hope for a second Wario rep vanishing with it (as I didn't believe Captain Syrup had much of a chance either, being as Wario was representing the Ware side of his franchise). Ashley reignited my hope for a second Wario rep as I saw her popularity start to trend upwards.

After investigating the character more, I found that I actually liked her quite a bit. I think, as others have said, she's: 1. Cute, 2. has great potential for a moveset, 3. could use the exposure, 4. has a fun personality that's unlike what Nintendo usually does, 5. has an endearing fanbase that I want to see happy and 6. has great twintails (I'm a fan of twintails myself; shout out to Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic ).

There's also the personal tidbit of my being a writer and dedicating my life to a series (that I hope to be a world famous cartoon one day) starring my own little witch girl out to make friends. So... I'm already quite partial to witches as it is. >_>

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus

Also, I think we brought this up a while back, but are we assuming her character will be "Ashley" or "Ashley & Red"? He's certainly going to play some major part in her moveset.
I'd bet on Ashley and red, but Red himself only really being a tool unlike Luma.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well then... I have to say, this certainly came up as a surprise: heck, I was off doing something away from my computer when that announcement came from EVO. Still, I have really high confidence we'll see Ashley this upcoming Wednesday: I knew that Wario invading NoA's twitter account meant something!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

In all honesty I feel like it would be Ashley & Red, it seems exactly like something Sakurai would do.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
If Capcom's getting another rep that isn't another Street Fighter (Chun-Li), then it can only be a Monster Hunter rep. It's now arguably their biggest franchise. Also if Simon gets revealed, I may just have to play Super Castlevania on my SNES Mini.

I still can't get over how Ridley managed to get the E3 reveal that is usually reserved for just the purpose of revealing a third party.
I'd want to say that Capcom could pick zero too since he seems to be another popular pick to be in crossovers with a few exceptions

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Well then... I have to say, this certainly came up as a surprise: heck, I was off doing something away from my computer when that announcement came from EVO. Still, I have really high confidence we'll see Ashley this upcoming Wednesday: I knew that Wario invading NoA's twitter account meant something!
Wario is going to hack the direct and Ashley will be the one to stop him.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Speaking of Ashley loneliness, here's a blurb from her that tugs a bit at the heart-strings if you think about it: her description for the microgame about reuniting the lovers: "if you're going to reunite these two, avoid the eye lasers, if you really want to". Poor thing, doesn't know what other people like.
I'd want to say that Capcom could pick zero too since he seems to be another popular pick to be in crossovers with a few exceptions
Well, so is Morrigan. Capcom probably wanted to put Monster Hunter in more crossovers than they did, but for some reason the Monster Hunter devs were adamant that they don't, until Marvel Infinite.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Welcome one and all to the Ashley support thread! Where every day the hype train just keeps getting faster and bigger! In celebration for all these newcomers to the thread, not to mention the Direct and Ashley's (hopeful) reveal here is the first Smash newcomer templet I made many years ago.

Now let's get hyped for Ashley!

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
Welcome one and all to the Ashley support thread! Where every day the hype train just keeps getting faster and bigger! In celebration for all these newcomers to the thread, not to mention the Direct and Ashley's (hopeful) reveal here is the first Smash newcomer templet I made many years ago.

EDIT : Lmao I doubled posted by mistake, the lag is killing me.

Last edited:

SniperGabe

Smash Cadet
Welcome one and all to the Ashley support thread! Where every day the hype train just keeps getting faster and bigger! In celebration for all these newcomers to the thread, not to mention the Direct and Ashley's reveal here is the first Smash newcomer templet I made many years ago.

Kyon9898 Kyon9898 , aren't you Ashley Channel on Youtube? If you are then I subscribed!

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Man all this hype. It would be so heartbreaking if she got confirmed as an assist trophy again, but I better not jinx it!

Top Bottom