• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
And hey, for all you tin hat wearing people out there, Rodin is from Bayonetta, which is all about witches.
thonking.png
Anyway, any AT reveal that isn't Ashley is good news. Interesting though that this is the first non-fighter/stage content we've seen that wasn't in the E3 demo, if I recall correctly.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What if they bait-and switched us by showing us Sm4sh Assist Trophy Ashley... and playable Ashley with red eyes?

View attachment 155386
Anyway, any AT reveal that isn't Ashley is good news. Interesting though that this is the first non-fighter/stage content we've seen that wasn't in the E3 demo, if I recall correctly.
Fourside was shown in the presentation but not officially announced or in the demo.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Wew. I can breathe easy. Was scared about today's update. Though the most ideal situation would have been a Kat and Ana reveal as an assist, thus leading to the question of "where's Ashley?" even more, but I digress. Ashley lives another day.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually, someone in a PM had a suggestion that Ashley could potentially be revealed tomorrow in our timezone (Assuming the rumors are true) and that the reveal could tie into EVO, with her being demonstrated in exhibition matches.

I must say the timing is rather perfect.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
All we need now is ThAshleyChannel to join this thread, lol.

Welp, today is a good day regardless. Confirmed, Delfino Plaza. Wonder if Gamer will come back, or replaced with a Dimond City stage For Ashley's reveal
I saw that guy once. I heard someone call him Ashley's memoryman, so he must be high profile.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
They show up in the 3DS playlist! I find it hard to believe they'd have a 3DS-exclusive Direct, so maybe they just haven't uploaded the Switch ones yet... but who knows?
So I decided to do some detective work. Here's what I can find for the private videos

187 - Hey Pikmin
188 - Where will Luigi Fall asleep
189 - New Super Mario Bros 2
190 - Paper Mario Sticker Star
191 - No Record
192 - No Record
193 - Fire Emblem Awakening
194 - No idea, but there's a Neogaf post from 2013 linking to it.
195 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
196 - Lego City Undercover
197 - Lego City Undercover (second time)
198 - Swapnote
199 - Donkey Kong Country returns 3D
200 - Pokemon XY
201 - Animal Crossing New Leaf
202 - Triforce Heroes

Only 2 didn't have any record of.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
When I vaguely saw "Assist Trophy" in the blog update I admit I got scared a little. At least no deconfirmation yet.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Actually, someone in a PM had a suggestion that Ashley could potentially be revealed tomorrow in our timezone (Assuming the rumors are true) and that the reveal could tie into EVO, with her being demonstrated in exhibition matches.

I must say the timing is rather perfect.
Sounds pretty reasonable, despite Nintendo usually not revealing anything for EVO. Theres a first time for everything i guess
I'm sure they are aware of the thirst for new Smash news so even just revealing 1 character at an event like this would be a great time to do so

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
No reveal of Ashley today is better than her being revealed as an assist trophy, as that means that she could still be playable.

Now we just have to wait and see if they decide to make any sort of character announcements at EVO, but it's most likely only going to be gameplay footage.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sounds pretty reasonable, despite Nintendo usually not revealing anything for EVO. Theres a first time for everything i guess
I'm sure they are aware of the thirst for new Smash news so even just revealing 1 character at an event like this would be a great time to do so
I mean, they basically have 3 generations of Smash at this one huge event. I would not find it shocking if they came in and revealed some new stuff or brought in a new build for the exhibition matches.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
So I decided to do some detective work. Here's what I can find for the private videos

187 - Hey Pikmin
188 - Where will Luigi Fall asleep
189 - New Super Mario Bros 2
190 - Paper Mario Sticker Star
191 - No Record
192 - No Record
193 - Fire Emblem Awakening
194 - No idea, but there's a Neogaf post from 2013 linking to it.
195 - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
196 - Lego City Undercover
197 - Lego City Undercover (second time)
198 - Swapnote
199 - Donkey Kong Country returns 3D
200 - Pokemon XY
201 - Animal Crossing New Leaf
202 - Triforce Heroes

Only 2 didn't have any record of.
Could that mean that those 2 videos are new content?

Last edited:

Ravampt

Smash Rookie
This is all very interesting. While today may not be the day, tomorrow at EVO is very much a big possibility, especially since WarioWare Gold comes out that very day. It recent news with Marcus Sellar, Nintendo are rumored in adding way more females into Smash Ultimate, than we are expecting. Ashley is still very possible, but with all rumors arising, a reveal at EVO is possible. While Nintendo has no track record of revealing big information about their games at competitions like EVO, unlike Capcom, Arcsys, etc., this could be a first. Either way, I am with you all through the journey. Let's see for what tomorrow has in store for us ^^

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
This is all very interesting. While today may not be the day, tomorrow at EVO is very much a big possibility, especially since WarioWare Gold comes out that very day. It recent news with Marcus Sellar, Nintendo are rumored in adding way more females into Smash Ultimate, than we are expecting. Ashley is still very possible, but with all rumors arising, a reveal at EVO is possible. While Nintendo has no track record of revealing big information about their games at competitions like EVO, unlike Capcom, Arcsys, etc., this could be a first. Either way, I am with you all through the journey. Let's see for what tomorrow has in store for us ^^
When did he say this?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's fake.
But who's on the Red side?
A lot of people asked that in the 4chan thread too. I'm surprised you guys don't recognize Link's render.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's pretty fake.

I mean, it's possible he could be revealed as a character tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see. I have my doubts we'll get any new characters at EVO.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Todays update is Rodin assist Trophy... well least it aint an Ashley deconfirm. Still underwhelming for the last update of the week.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Still underwhelming for the last update of the week.
I don't know, this is the first post dedicated to content that wasn't in the playable demo build, and wasn't a fighter or stage.
I think this is a sign of things to come.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't know, this is the first post dedicated to content that wasn't in the E3 build, and wasn't a fighter or stage.
I think this is a sign of things to come.
Rodin was shown at E3, right? Or are you guys talking about Delfino?

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
When I vaguely saw "Assist Trophy" in the blog update I admit I got scared a little. At least no deconfirmation yet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Waluigi is another one not in the demo. Though there's a guess his A.I. combined with being able to be KO'd needed more work. I mean, the Meta Ridley costume was gone too(all those pieces on his body require extra polygons, so that means it was likely having visual errors that would look bad).

I hope we get a new demo already, though.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Is anyone else not seeing the Rodin post on the Smash sites? I'm only seeing it on the JP Twitter.

Top Bottom