• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
So is anyone else gonna be watching the tournament?
Yeah, I try not to get too hyped up for these kind of things but given that there's not a lot of time until release and a lot of the most wanted characters are Mario adjacent (K. Rool/Geno/Ashley), I'm fairly confident we could see one of them revealed for Smash or possibly both games tonight.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Also what happens to this thread if Ashley is disconfirmed?
We'll all mourn the disconfirmation of our character of choice in the Character Graveyard, and I'll share a poem I wrote for the occasion.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the same stroke of inspiration for the opposite, more optimistic "confirmation!" reveal, but I'll try and come up with something before then.

I pray that you all never have to see my "Disconfirmation Poem", no matter how genius it is.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Is everyone's Body Ready?! I have a bad habit of over hyping myself
I sure am

Also what happens to this thread if Ashley is disconfirmed? I mean who knows if there'll be another smash game for us to speculate if Ashley will ever get in.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Just gonna get this outta the way in case Ashley is actually revealed tonight, why is Ashley top 2 in newcomer replies, but nowhere does she crack even near top 10 most wanted characters in western online polls? It just dawned on me after looking at the Isaac thread and seeing the polls he tops in.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Is everyone's Body Ready?! I have a bad habit of over hyping myself

I nearly laughed hard reading this comment then seeing that gif. my body is ready as well, so far so good

is anyones live stream lagging? or is it just me? I swear my internet is good

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm going into this knowing full well that We aren't getting a reveal and I'm still going to be disappointed when we don't get a reveal

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I nearly laughed hard reading this comment then seeing that gif. my body is ready as well, so far so good

is anyones live stream lagging? or is it just me? I swear my internet is good
My stream is going smooth. All these ads seem to be a good sign toward a new announcement!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna get this outta the way in case Ashley is actually revealed tonight, why is Ashley top 2 in newcomer replies, but nowhere does she crack even near top 10 most wanted characters in western online polls? It just dawned on me after looking at the Isaac thread and seeing the polls he tops in.
I've seen Ashley beat Isaac in Source Gaming's Japanese Poll. As for the West I guess not as many westerners really considered Ashley's potential until her mii outfit.

My stream is going smooth. All these ads seem to be a good sign toward a new announcement!
Yeah I even saw a WarioWare Gold ad.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
i just found out the stream is today. i thought it was gonna be tomorrow but i don't mind it coming sooner! i hope they reveal a character soon

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
yeah seeing that warioware ad made me hopeful lol
The WarioWare Gold Ad was the Last Ad before the show! Nintendo is putting WarioWare Gold on the Same level as Aces, Pokemon, Splatoon and, Smash! Nintendo is foreshadowing Ashley's reveal!

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
i just found out the stream is today. i thought it was gonna be tomorrow but i don't mind it coming sooner! i hope they reveal a character soon
Probably because the date flying around was the JP date. If you're in the US it'll usually be the day before

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the same build of smash.

But I still have a mini heart attack at every assist trophy.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
The WarioWare Gold Ad was the Last Ad before the show! Nintendo is putting WarioWare Gold on the Same level as Aces, Pokemon, Splatoon and, Smash! Nintendo is foreshadowing Ashley's reveal!
that's great actually, but couldn't that mean because its a new game like the other and theyre just showing it off more? I do like your idea tho..

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
They're starting with Smash! Sakurai is going to walk up on that stage and announce Ashley! Then Sakurai is going to walk off the stage and immediately go back to work on Smash because that's just how dedicated he is.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
They're starting with Smash! Sakurai is going to walk up on that stage and announce Ashley! Then Sakurai is going to walk off the stage and immediately go back to work on Smash because that's just how dedicated he is.
Christ I love how positive you are about this

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
LOL! Indestructible Smash ball Bug! Good thing Sakurai's here to see this ;)

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Y'all keep in mind that the Smash Blog already updated for the day. (It's Pichu, for anyone who's wondering). I suppose they could update it again, but don't get your hopes up for an announcement.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I think that was a fake smash ball wasn't it?

Y'all keep in mind that the Smash Blog already updated for the day. (It's Pichu, for anyone who's wondering). I suppose they could update it again, but don't get your hopes up for an announcement.
I'm almost positive they'd just update the site and make an official 'Character of the Day' post tomorrow. I don't think the consistency of the Smash Blog is a big factor in their decisions.

Last edited:

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
The purple inkling. Once seen can't be unseen!
https://memegenerator.net/img/images/9612200/******-cartman.jpg

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I just realized the minimap in Mario Galaxy is curved. That's a nice touch (or it was necessary)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I don't expect an announcement at the moment. But I would definitely welcome one!

Top Bottom