• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I liked Ashley ever since Smooth Moves on the Wii. She is one of my most wanted characters! Please add me to the supporter list.
if you guys haven't already add my name to the list of supporters! #witchwarriors no? okay. but yeah add meh name lol
I have come to show my support for Ashley in smash!
Ashley is one of only three characters that could get me super hyped for Ultimate.

If you could, kind ladies and gents, throw my name on the list of her supporters.~

New supporters keep rolling in! We have the best support thread don't we folks! Thanks for the support guys!

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
New supporters keep rolling in! We have the best support thread don't we folks! Thanks for the support guys!
Or perhaps they are a bunch of bandwagoners who just want to cling to an expected character, hmmmm?

J/K, every person who supports Ashley is a welcomed addition to the team.

Last edited:

Neyonel

Smash Rookie
There are a number of characters Ashley could have interesting interactions with. She could be fascinated by Ridley's grotesque appearance (if not slightly put off by his brutality), form a kinship with fellow witch Bayonettaor a friendship with Dark Pit and their similar attitudes.
Although she's clearly a different type of witch, I always liked the idea of Ashley getting all starry-eyed around Bayonetta and wanting her to teach her more magic(though I imagine she'd be too shy about it to ask her personally). Bayo would probably catch on quick and offer to teach her without her asking, and Ashley would be all too eager to accept- at least on the inside. Outside she might almost show excitement at the idea.

Anyways, I should've brought it up before, but I'd like to be added to the support list please!

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Although she's clearly a different type of witch, I always liked the idea of Ashley getting all starry-eyed around Bayonetta and wanting her to teach her more magic(though I imagine she'd be too shy about it to ask her personally). Bayo would probably catch on quick and offer to teach her without her asking, and Ashley would be all too eager to accept- at least on the inside. Outside she might almost show excitement at the idea.

Anyways, I should've brought it up before, but I'd like to be added to the support list please!
AWWWW YEAH! There's no sign of stopping this support train! Welcome to the Ashley support list Neyonel!

Wungsten

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, figured I'd make an account and show my support so that when Ashley is revealed I can be one of the chosen few to utter, "Called it."

To answer some thread participation stuff from like 30 pages back: I first became an Ashley fan when I played Touched, so ~2006, I guess. I saw her as a viable candidate starting about 3 weeks ago when I saw a Reddit post that talked about how much she was being promoted apart from the Ware series. In terms of other characters, Waluigi was my only other "viable" pick cuz I always play him in the party games, but we all know how he's doing now.

Also, give us a Penny assist trophy, if only so we can have a Nintendo made 3D model.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hi everyone, figured I'd make an account and show my support so that when Ashley is revealed I can be one of the chosen few to utter, "Called it."

To answer some thread participation stuff from like 30 pages back: I first became an Ashley fan when I played Touched, so ~2006, I guess. I saw her as a viable candidate starting about 3 weeks ago when I saw a Reddit post that talked about how much she was being promoted apart from the Ware series. In terms of other characters, Waluigi was my only other "viable" pick cuz I always play him in the party games, but we all know how he's doing now.

Also, give us a Penny assist trophy, if only so we can have a Nintendo made 3D model.
What would you want a Penny assist trophy do?
Edit: And welcome to the Ashley Support Thread!

Last edited:

Wungsten

Smash Rookie
What would you want a Penny assist trophy do?
The thing I associate most with her that would work in smash is probably the robot that picks up cans in one of her microgames. So going from there, she could spawn in the background, (like pokemon trainer) pull out the Litterbot, attempt to pick someone up, and then run offstage. If anyone is in the way of the robot's path it will pick them up too. It would be a grab, of course, so you could mash out of it and you would stay in longer at high damage, etc. If that ends up too lame (like Boss Galaga) it could just pick people up and then grind them with its arms for up to ~50 (mashable) damage before doing its "I won" dance from when you pick up all the cans before disappearing.

Or if there's something more appropriate in Gold it would obviously be more relevant, but I spent like 7 minutes on this concept so now I'm attached to it.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

Think we need Tharja too, honestly

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just thought, how cool would a Smash Bros poster by Ko Takeuchi be?

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I had a dream Ashley was revealed for Smash, while also simultaneously having a new game revealed similar to Mario Tennis where she was the star. Needless to say when I woke up I was really sad. It was one of the more realistic dreams I've had in a long time.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I had a dream Ashley was revealed for Smash, while also simultaneously having a new game revealed similar to Mario Tennis where she was the star. Needless to say when I woke up I was really sad. It was one of the more realistic dreams I've had in a long time.
I had a dream that Ashley was revealed by just putting her on the Smash Bros website with no big reveal to speak of. Needless to say, everyone in this thread was freaking out about it.

My dream ended when we found out someone just hacked the official website and put her on there for ****s and giggles.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
During Smash 4, I had a dream Ashley was confirmed for Smash, she was on the results screen, though what was odd was that background was from a Call of Duty Black Ops 2 map.

Call of Duty Soldier enters the war!

I'm not only waiting for Ashley to be revealed for Smash, some time ago a leak for Mario Tennis Aces was revealed; this was way before most of the characters were announced, it matches up with the datamined things, which the leak came first, mind you.

It included Ashley as DLC, so I'm hoping Ashley becomes a mainstay for Mario spin-off titles like Mario Kart.

Noipoi

Howdy!
During Smash 4, I had a dream Ashley was confirmed for Smash, she was on the results screen, though what was odd was that background was from a Call of Duty Black Ops 2 map.

I'm not only waiting for Ashley to be revealed for Smash, some time ago a leak for Mario Tennis Aces was revealed; this was way before most of the characters were announced, it matches up with the datamined things, which the leak came first, mind you.

It included Ashley as DLC, so I'm hoping Ashley becomes a mainstay for Mario spin-off titles like Mario Kart.
I would love it if Ashley got in more games. Her design is too good to be confined to just WarioWare!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Is there a source for this?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Yep

Crazy theory actually

I think Ridleys is not revealed yet because another character and Ridley have the same one
Is this poster on the English site at all? If not, then I feel like it could possibly just be a one time thing for the Inklings and for the game itself. I don't think the SSB4 ones had the games logo

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
1531071327364.png

There were two other said leaks before this that said Ashley would be DLC as well. Diddy Kong, Birdo and Paratroopa were recently confirmed to be unlocked during the tournament. So this list seems to have correctly gotten every character before they were confirmed.

The only argument to this is the rest of the DLC characters, they seem pretty silly but Mario spin-offs aren't exactly known for having too many great characters.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
View attachment 152079

There were two other said leaks before this that said Ashley would be DLC as well. Diddy Kong, Birdo and Paratroopa were recently confirmed to be unlocked during the tournament. So this list seems to have correctly gotten every character before they were confirmed.

The only argument to this is the rest of the DLC characters, they seem pretty silly but Mario spin-offs aren't exactly known for having too many great characters.
I like the Pink Gold Peach insert.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
View attachment 152079

If Geno and Ashley were in this I'd probably have to go out and buy it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yep

Crazy theory actually

I think Ridleys is not revealed yet because another character and Ridley have the same one
Shame. I was thinking a call-back to the Super Metroid box-art with Giga Bowser standing in for Kraid and some extra fighters supporting Samus would be nice.

Ashley would mainly hang around Luigi just to capture the undead that haunt him.
If Ashley is going to make a cameo in a Mario game, it's probably going to Luigi's Mansion. I have a hard time seeing Ashley compete in the kind of sports that are Mario Tennis or Kart, as much as that would be cool left-field picks. She's not interested in fame and these events do nothing to help her magic studies. The only possible reason for her to attend would be to try and make new friends, but I think she'd rather do so on her own terms.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
View attachment 152079

Geno makes me reluctant. Maybe it's real but if Square owns Geno then that could cause problems.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Geno makes me reluctant. Maybe it's real but if Square owns Geno then that could cause problems.
Maybe Nintendo bought Geno. Even if they didn't and they licensed him for Smash, doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that they got a 3 game deal or something.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If it's going to cause problems why was cloud added to smash that sounds like square is willing to cooperate with Nintendo more.
Being in Smash Bros and being in a Tennis game are different things. Smash is one of the biggest games in the world so I could see Square give the ok for that, but for Tennis? Idk. We'll see. Since they let Cloud in Smash maybe they eased up on their property entirely.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Being in Smash Bros and being in a Tennis game are different things. Smash is one of the biggest games in the world so I could see Square give the ok for that, but for Tennis? Idk. We'll see. Since they let Cloud in Smash maybe they eased up on their property entirely.
Well there were those two Mario sports games in the Wii era that had a whole team of Final Fantasy characters plus a Dragon Quest Slime in the second...

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Well there were those two Mario sports games in the Wii era that had a whole team of Final Fantasy characters plus a Dragon Quest Slime in the second...
I totally forgot about that. Black Mage in that Mario Basketball game, right?

Top Bottom